Kitchen Plaque Sayings

TOM KAN PA

Jan 17, 2003, 6:37:00 PM1/17/03
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

A Clean House Is A Sign Of A Misspent Life.

A Husband Is Someone Who Takes Out The Trash And
Gives The Impression He Just Cleaned The Whole House.

A Messy Kitchen Is A Happy Kitchen... And This
Kitchen Is Delirious.

Help keep the kitchen clean - Eat OUT.

Housework Done Properly Can Kill You.

If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast and cheap.

My next house will have no kitchen --- just
vending machines.

No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Gabby

Jan 17, 2003, 6:48:49 PM1/17/03

Mine says : Housework makes you homely.

I looked around my house, then looked in the mirror expecting to see someone
at least as good looking as Marilyn Monroe.

Plaques lie.

Gabby

Thierry Gerbault

Jan 17, 2003, 6:50:08 PM1/17/03
tomk...@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote in

Kissin' don't last...cookery do.

(refrigerator magnet) - I'm not not fat...I'm just fluffy!

--
Regards, Thierry...

Reply to Thierry...@att.net

- Any twelve people who can't get themselves out of jury duty are not my
peers.

Sheryl Rosen

Jan 17, 2003, 6:53:55 PM1/17/03
in article v2h5iv4...@corp.supernews.com, Gabby at Lavol...@msn.com
wrote on 1/17/03 6:48 PM:

"I'm single because no one man deserves as much happiness as I would bring
him"

I have a magnet with that on my fridge.

Billy

Jan 17, 2003, 6:55:59 PM1/17/03
Sheryl Rosen <catm...@optonline.net> wrote:

>"I'm single because no one man deserves as much happiness as I would bring
>him"
>
>I have a magnet with that on my fridge.

Mine says..........."oh crap...........I have turned into my mother!"

The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice. Many preferences,
ingredients, and procedures may not be consistent with what you
know to be true. As with any recipe, you may find your personal
intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit! © W. H. Stoneman

Nancy Young

Jan 17, 2003, 6:57:18 PM1/17/03
Thierry Gerbault wrote:

> (refrigerator magnet) - I'm not not fat...I'm just fluffy!

No! It's supposed to have a picture of a sheep and says:

Ewe's not fat! You's fluffy!

(smile) nancy

Gabby

Jan 17, 2003, 7:03:53 PM1/17/03

"Billy" <wsto...@icx.net> wrote in message

> Sheryl Rosen <catm...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> >"I'm single because no one man deserves as much happiness as I would
bring
> >him"
> >
> >I have a magnet with that on my fridge.
>

> Mine says..........."oh crap...........I have turned into my mother!"

My friend's fridge magnet says

My stomach is just like an ironing board -- one with a load of laundry on
it.

Gabby

Thierry Gerbault

Jan 17, 2003, 7:12:35 PM1/17/03
Nancy Young <qwe...@mail.monmouth.com> wrote in

Hehehe! I like that even better!

--
Regards, Thierry...

Reply to Thierry...@att.net

- I wouldn't touch the Metric System with a 3.048m pole!

Ken Davey

Jan 17, 2003, 9:03:53 PM1/17/03

"Gabby" <Lavol...@msn.com> wrote in message
If you have any complaints see the new cook.
That would be you!

Ken.

Caractacus Potts

Jan 17, 2003, 9:28:50 PM1/17/03
tomk...@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote in message news:<20030117183700...@mb-md.aol.com>...

> A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
>
> A Clean House Is A Sign Of A Misspent Life.
>
> A Husband Is Someone Who Takes Out The Trash And
> Gives The Impression He Just Cleaned The Whole House.
>
> A Messy Kitchen Is A Happy Kitchen... And This
> Kitchen Is Delirious.
>
> Help keep the kitchen clean - Eat OUT.
>
> Housework Done Properly Can Kill You.
>
> If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast and cheap.
>
> My next house will have no kitchen --- just

We have two:

Martha Stewart doesn't live here and

I cook with wine. Some even goes into the food...

lfaz

Jan 17, 2003, 9:30:11 AM1/17/03
My fridge magnet says "If you're going through hell, keep going". I like
that reminder.

ConnieG999

Jan 17, 2003, 11:27:33 PM1/17/03
Kitchen is closed due to illness. I am sick of cooking.

Connie
Darn right I'm good in bed. I can sleep for days!

DebbieGrrrl

Jan 18, 2003, 1:09:55 AM1/18/03
In article <3E28985E...@mail.monmouth.com>, Nancy Young
<qwe...@mail.monmouth.com> writes:

>No! It's supposed to have a picture of a sheep and says:
>
>Ewe's not fat! You's fluffy!

Ha! Brought back some memories...I cross stitched that for my Mom about a
million years ago...OK, really about 25. She still has it...We are both still
pretty "fluffy"... :)
Debbie...
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty ones.

GatrGrad68

Jan 18, 2003, 8:04:52 AM1/18/03
>Kitchen Plaque Sayings

For years Mom had a plaque that read:

This is MY kitchen
and I'll do as I DAMN well please!

Aquari

Jan 18, 2003, 10:02:57 AM1/18/03
"Mirror, mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all!"

Libby

Toni

Jan 18, 2003, 11:36:50 AM1/18/03
in my kitchen:

Creative minds are seldom tidy

This is a self cleaning kitchen, clean up after yourself, Toni's off duty

Martha Stewart doesn't live here and that's a good thing

While it's not in my kitchen this is something that has stuck with me ever
since I heard it. Something my Grandma told my just married cousin who did
not like to cook:

It takes face powder to catch a man but baking powder to keep him!

Grandma; being the 96 year old matriarch of the family pretty much says what
she feels. :-D
---
Peace and Love,
Toni ^_^
reply to toni ( @ ) geekwerks (dot) com

Madness takes it's toll, please have correct
change.

<RJ>

Jan 18, 2003, 3:19:19 PM1/18/03

Our kitchen plaque sez;

"It's my house, and I'll do as I damned well please !"

On 18 Jan 2003 15:02:57 GMT, aqu...@aol.comNOJUNK (Aquari) wrote:

>"Mirror, mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all!"
>
>Libby

<rj>

Melba's Jammin'

Jan 18, 2003, 6:23:58 PM1/18/03
In article <20030117183700...@mb-md.aol.com>,
tomk...@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

(snipped)
I just removed a picture I stitched years ago:
"Come in, sit down, converse;
Our house doesn't always look like this.
Usually, it's worse.
--
-Barb -- Order YOUR copy of the R.F.C. Cook.book at
<http://www.whatchadoin.com/Cookbook2002/index.html>

Gregory Morrow

Jan 18, 2003, 7:33:17 PM1/18/03

"Sheryl Rosen" wrote:

> "I'm single because no one man deserves as much happiness as I would bring
> him"
>
> I have a magnet with that on my fridge.

*Boggle*

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow

Jan 18, 2003, 7:35:12 PM1/18/03

"TOM KAN PA" wrote:

[...]

"God Bless Our Non - Mobile Home".....

--
Best
Greg

Miss Jean

Jan 18, 2003, 8:34:51 PM1/18/03

"Aquari" <aqu...@aol.comNOJUNK> wrote in message

> "Mirror, mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all!"
>
> Libby

Mine say:
"Complaints to the cook can be hazardous to your health."

"This is not Burger King. You get it MY way, or no way at all."

And, my favorite of all time:

"Never trust a skinny cook."

Jean

Sally Wallace

Jan 18, 2003, 8:37:27 PM1/18/03
tomk...@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote in news:20030117183700.10049.00000130
@mb-md.aol.com:

> A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
>
> A Clean House Is A Sign Of A Misspent Life.

<Snip>

My favorite...

"Come into my kitchen and chat with me while I prepare a pot of tea."

SallyW

Niki

Jan 19, 2003, 4:17:41 AM1/19/03
I would cook dinner, but I can't find the can opener! :-(

Niki

Patscga

Jan 19, 2003, 8:59:47 AM1/19/03
"This Mess is a Place"
Pat in Atlanta

Niki

Jan 19, 2003, 11:29:23 AM1/19/03
LoL This place mat is where your mess is ! Happy eating !

--

Niki
"Patscga" <pat...@aol.com> wrote in message

RoboCheese

Jan 19, 2003, 12:54:57 PM1/19/03
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:29:23 -0500, "Niki" <webm...@nikibone.com>
offered the following... :

$ LoL This place mat is where your mess is ! Happy eating !

Jacques Pepin never slept here.

RoboCheese

"You gonna eat that?" (Blink.)

To send hatemail, fix da address.

Terry Pulliam

Jan 19, 2003, 9:10:59 PM1/19/03
On 18 Jan 2003 04:27:33 GMT, conni...@aol.com (ConnieG999) whose
thoughts percolated and spilled forth, saying:

My absolute favorite, under a cross-stich of a duck:

"A good hostess is like a duck: calm and serene on the surface, and
paddling like hell underneath."

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

Patricia Glenn

Jan 20, 2003, 10:04:13 AM1/20/03
"Terry Pulliam" <ntpu...@cox.net> wrote in message

I also like one I have on my refrigerator: "The only self-cleaning thing
around here is the cat!"

Pat

Peggy

Jan 20, 2003, 2:31:16 PM1/20/03
TOM KAN PA wrote:
> A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
>
> A Clean House Is A Sign Of A Misspent Life.
>
> A Husband Is Someone Who Takes Out The Trash And
> Gives The Impression He Just Cleaned The Whole House.
>
> A Messy Kitchen Is A Happy Kitchen... And This
> Kitchen Is Delirious.
>
> Help keep the kitchen clean - Eat OUT.
>
> Housework Done Properly Can Kill You.
>
> If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast and cheap.
>
> My next house will have no kitchen --- just
> vending machines.
>
> No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes.
>
> Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Thank God for dirty dishes
They have a tale to tell
While others may go hungry
We're eating very well

Cheers!
Peg

Kylie Evans

Jan 22, 2003, 10:47:05 PM1/22/03
TOM KAN PA <tomk...@aol.comic> wrote in message

> A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
>
> A Clean House Is A Sign Of A Misspent Life.
>
> A Husband Is Someone Who Takes Out The Trash And
> Gives The Impression He Just Cleaned The Whole House.
>
> A Messy Kitchen Is A Happy Kitchen... And This
> Kitchen Is Delirious.
>
> Help keep the kitchen clean - Eat OUT.
>
> Housework Done Properly Can Kill You.
>
> If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast and cheap.
>
> My next house will have no kitchen --- just
> vending machines.
>
> No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes.
>
> Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Our fridge magnet says
"Life is short
East dessert first".

Kylie

jammer

Jan 23, 2003, 12:24:53 AM1/23/03

Mine says: Unescorted children will be given a broom.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

blacksalt

Jan 23, 2003, 11:07:47 AM1/23/03
Kylie Evans wrote:

I grew up with my mother's Quiet, Genius at Work sign in the kitchen. I
also liked the old framed picture with the saying
"Love begins with a woman sinking into a man's arms, and ends with a
woman with her arms in a man's sink".
I'm currently sporting an Epicurus quote: Death is nothing to us, for
when we are, death has not come; and when death has come, we are not.
blacksalt
regular signer of death certificates

Felice Friese

Jan 23, 2003, 2:16:55 PM1/23/03

"jammer" <j...@mm.er> wrote in message

> Mine says: Unescorted children will be given a broom.

Variation: Unescorted children will be eaten.

Felice

Tina Mongkolsmai

Jan 23, 2003, 3:48:14 PM1/23/03
On my parents' fridge (I bought these myself)

When Mom's happy, everybody's happy.
You are what you eat.

At my house:

A magnet for the dishwasher with pictures of clean pig on one half and dirty
pig on the other.

A set of magnetized words... to play with. (my husband wanted these;
occasionally he can be seen standing at the fridge door messing with them)
They currently say things like... Breakfast needs cookies... have some
chocolate pleasure... and other non-foodie stuff :)

If I had a great new kitchen, I'd probably create my own special poems or
sayings and make magnets of my own :)

Tina

LIMEYNO1

Jan 23, 2003, 5:12:27 PM1/23/03
How about this one, my daughter invented

A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen
And this kitchen is delerious!

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten
Son of God is the object of
our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

http://www.peagramfamily.com

"blacksalt" <kala...@qwest.net> wrote in message

MARY1313

Jan 24, 2003, 12:33:41 PM1/24/03
My plaque says, "Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens."

--Mary

Thierry Gerbault

Jan 24, 2003, 5:50:12 PM1/24/03
mary...@aol.com (MARY1313) wrote in

> My plaque says, "Raising children is like being pecked to death by
> chickens."
>

> --Mary

No one could have said this better! <G>