Hunters taking down our fence

RPM1

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
It seems the hunters got tired of having to deal with our
electric fence so they cut it and wrapped it ever so neatly
around a fence post thus grounding out our whole line. I
noticed this because Butch was playing twang, twang,
twang with the hot wire today (he usually just plays twang,
twang, twang with the Bayco). We have an acre of woods
at the base of our place where the deer can find decent
cover and fresh water. The ya-hoos around here have
discovered this and have made themselves a bit of easy
access. <grumble>

Ruth CM

At X Halt

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99

RPM1 <rpm1de...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message

Find a realistic-looking plastic skeleton. Find some really old
hunting-type clothes (camo, orange, etc.). Clothe the skeleton. Shred the
clothes and make them look partially degraded. Take the whole thing near
where the hunters cross your fence line. Partially bury the "body" with
dirt and leaves. Make sure there is some piece of orange that will be
really visible to them. Voila! A scarecrow for hunters! :) :) :)

Jen, who doesn't mind giving people a well-deserved scare :)

http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries Servers ==-----

Kris Carroll

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
<rpm1de...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> It seems the hunters got tired of having to deal with our
> electric fence so they cut it and wrapped it ever so neatly
> around a fence post thus grounding out our whole line.

A couple of land mines, or something that looks like such, might fix that.

Recall a crazy neighbor I caught trying to string wire at throat height
across the power right of way through her pastures, a favorite of the
snomobilers. Aiieee.

Kris C <EG>

RPM1

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
Kris Carroll wrote in message ...

>a favorite of the snomobilers. Aiieee.

Yeah, we've got them too! A six pack of beer, a couple of
rifles and a snowmobile. What a combination! We get them
coming right up to our front door and across our drive all
the time. They'll hate it this year cuz we fenced a pasture
right in their way. I guess they'll have to scuttle down our
500' driveway (mental note to keep driveway plowed nice
and tight - maybe even get a few loads of fresh stone
delivered...)

Ruth CM

Tim Shurtleff

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 02:37:48 GMT, "TrinityApp" <trini...@lynchburg.net> wrote:

>I almost fell over dead right there! Lynette screamed and
>hauled back on the rope, which slid up my waist, caught under my boobs and
>proceeded to strangle me.

Guess your neck/throat must be set on a bit low if a rope under the boobs can
strangle you. Ain't conformation a bitch?

Tim S.

TrinityApp

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Jen wrote:

-- Partially bury the "body" with

> dirt and leaves. Make sure there is some piece of orange that will be
> really visible to them. Voila! A scarecrow for hunters! :) :) :)

HAHAHHAAHA RFLMAO!

That is too funny!

OT But kind of associated. We have been building our walkway from stones
harvested from the fallen down chimney of one of the log cabins. We had
about used them all when we found the old well next to the log cabin and
under an huge antique rose bush. We explored and discovered whoever had
filled in the well had used some of the chimney stones. I was quite annoyed
at this waste of good stones so we set about pulling them out. No problem
until we got about 4 feet down. (We knew the well was only 30 feet deep,
listed on the deed, probably why they filled it in and it had cement and
stone walls so seems pretty safe) At that point I was in the well standing
on the next layer of rocks, complete with waist rope and shovel, and Lynette
was on the rim holding the rope and getting rocks as I tossed them up. We
were discussing, amazingly enough, The Blair Witch Project, and giving
ourselves the major creeps. I mean we're in the woods and surrounded by
trees and it's late afternoon. Not two seconds after I told Lynette we
needed to change the subject I pulled a rock and a skull rolled down into
the well with me. I almost fell over dead right there! Lynette screamed and

hauled back on the rope, which slid up my waist, caught under my boobs and

proceeded to strangle me. I was scrambling backwards, which is not far in a
4 foot across well and all I could see was the round eye sockets. Lynette
fell back on her butt, still holding the rope and was grabbing for the other
shovel, like she's gonna kill it again. I finally got air back and kicked
the skull and it was a dog's, complete with fangs and huge round eye holes,
Quite old from the staining and appearance. Well searching for the rest of
cro-magna dog was not an option and I scooted up out of the well. We decided
we had enough rocks and the dog was more than welcome to "own the hole" so
to speak. However, I have some nice rope burns and several scratches for my
efforts and a cold chill down my spine every time I think what I'd of done
if it had been a human skull.

OBhorsey, The horses are not stupid enough to go digging in dark holes for
rocks.

Tracy Meisenbach
Trinity Appaloosa Farm
http://www.trinityapp.com
Updated 12-12-99
http://www.stylinontheweb.com/receq/
Horse Diary latest entry 12-12-99
OCUSGSL.

TrinityApp

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Tim wrote:

-- > Guess your neck/throat must be set on a bit low if a rope under the

boobs can
> strangle you. Ain't conformation a bitch?

Don't make me laugh my ribs hurt! I couldn't think of another word for
having my rib cage turned into a pencil sized stem, I felt exactly like one
of those balloons that get twisted into animal shapes! I now have power bra
marks and a healthy respect for how strong Lynette is.

RPM1

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
TrinityApp

>Lynette screamed and
>hauled back on the rope, which slid up my waist, caught under my boobs and
>proceeded to strangle me.
********
Strangle?! Gee, Tracy, I thought *I* had perky tits. Yours must
be up around your damn earlobes! ;->

>However, I have some nice rope burns and several scratches for my
>efforts and a cold chill down my spine every time I think what I'd of done
>if it had been a human skull.

It could have been your barn mascot! You could have strapped
that sucker the front of your truck (like the sanitation workers
around here strap junked stuffed animals).

Just think of all the cool names you could call your farm ...

Seriously, what would be the correct thing to do if you did
find a human skull? Hey, you never know...

>OBhorsey, The horses are not stupid enough to go digging in dark holes for
>rocks.

Dunno, I've got a little red SOB that fancies perk test pits.

Ruth, Butch whatever you're doing STOP IT!, CM

R Bishop

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In article <832mi0$1a9g$1...@node17.cwnet.frontiernet.net>,
"RPM1" <rpm1de...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>TrinityApp
>>Lynette screamed and
>>hauled back on the rope, which slid up my waist, caught under my boobs and
>>proceeded to strangle me.
> ********
>Strangle?! Gee, Tracy, I thought *I* had perky tits. Yours must
>be up around your damn earlobes! ;->
>
>>However, I have some nice rope burns and several scratches for my
>>efforts and a cold chill down my spine every time I think what I'd of done
>>if it had been a human skull.
>
>It could have been your barn mascot! You could have strapped
>that sucker the front of your truck (like the sanitation workers
>around here strap junked stuffed animals).
>
>Just think of all the cool names you could call your farm ...
>
>Seriously, what would be the correct thing to do if you did
>find a human skull? Hey, you never know...

I'd call the sheriff ASAP if I found one. The only way to tell if it was
an old Indian skeleton would be for them to do testing. And since our area
is STILL searching for a lovely little girl who was abducted not long ago,
I'd want to know if it was a murder or not. If it was, perhaps some family
would finally be at peace over the fate of their loved one.

>>OBhorsey, The horses are not stupid enough to go digging in dark holes for
>>rocks.
>
>Dunno, I've got a little red SOB that fancies perk test pits.

And no one can dig a hole around this place without unwanted assistance from
the mares.

>Ruth, Butch whatever you're doing STOP IT!, CM

Sue

"Carpe Jugulum"

Terry Pratchett

Jane H. Kilberg

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In article <831f5c$17mk$1...@node17.cwnet.frontiernet.net>, "RPM1"
<rpm1de...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>It seems the hunters got tired of having to deal with our
>electric fence so they cut it and wrapped it ever so neatly

>around a fence post thus grounding out our whole line. I
>noticed this because Butch was playing twang, twang,
>twang with the hot wire today (he usually just plays twang,
>twang, twang with the Bayco). We have an acre of woods
>at the base of our place where the deer can find decent
>cover and fresh water. The ya-hoos around here have
>discovered this and have made themselves a bit of easy
>access. <grumble>

My back 40 goes to the RR right of way. The RR cleared it recently and
during some fence checks I noted several places where persons cut the
strands of barb wire I put outside my regular horse fence as a barrier.
So, I repaired the wire and piled up the debris in the areas that were
easily accessible due to the clearing. Did that about a month ago and so
far, no more cut-throughs.

down the spotted trails. . . in the great nation of Tejas
jane h. kilberg and her gang of spots (GOS)
member: ApHC, Montgomery County Adult Horse Committee
editor/publisher: Appaloosa Network

TrinityApp

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Ruth wrote:

> Strangle?! Gee, Tracy, I thought *I* had perky tits. Yours must
> be up around your damn earlobes! ;->

Well they almost are now!

> It could have been your barn mascot! You could have strapped
> that sucker the front of your truck (like the sanitation workers
> around here strap junked stuffed animals).

No WAY!

> Just think of all the cool names you could call your farm ...

Skull Acres just kind of lacks appeal.

> Seriously, what would be the correct thing to do if you did
> find a human skull? Hey, you never know...

I have no idea. Getting drunk would be a good thing though!.

Mary J. McHugh

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
TrinityApp wrote:

> Ruth wrote:
> > It could have been your barn mascot! You could have strapped
> > that sucker the front of your truck (like the sanitation workers
> > around here strap junked stuffed animals).
>
> No WAY!
>
> > Just think of all the cool names you could call your farm ...
>
> Skull Acres just kind of lacks appeal.
>
> > Seriously, what would be the correct thing to do if you did
> > find a human skull? Hey, you never know...

Well, this isn't really horsey related except that a barn was
involved... but our neighbors just moved across town into a brandy-new
house with 2 huge old barns on the property (another farm dissected into
a trendy development...sigh). Anyway, the developers had used the barns
for tool storage until the property was sold. The carpenter came to the
door after cleaning his stuff out of the barns and asked Kim what she
wanted to do with the remains. "What remains?"... "I don't know...
someone's remains.". Of course we all had visions of a skeleton but it
turned out that somewhere along the line, someone's uncle Ed's ashes had
been stored in the barn and then forgotten. I'm not sure how it all
turned out, I'll have to ask Kim next time I see her. Not as creepy as
a skull or skeleton but still unsettling to find such stuff.

ObHorsey: We don't have a hay barn (yet) but Kim & hubby said we could
put a load for the ObHorsies in one of their barns.

Mary

TrinityApp

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Mary wrote:

-- The carpenter came to the

> door after cleaning his stuff out of the barns and asked Kim what she
> wanted to do with the remains. "What remains?"... "I don't know...
> someone's remains.". Of course we all had visions of a skeleton

Oh man, that would give you the cold chills the first time you heard it!

> turned out that somewhere along the line, someone's uncle Ed's ashes had
> been stored in the barn and then forgotten. I'm not sure how it all
> turned out, I'll have to ask Kim next time I see her

Poor Uncle Ed. A polo client of mine had a trophy wife who dumped the urn of
the mantel of it's ashes and used it as a flower vase for the hall table.
Grandpa Joe got to go out to sea via the Dallas sewer system. The husband
was not pleased to find his relative replaced by orchids.

Don Bruder

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99

:
: > It seems the hunters got tired of having to deal with our
: > electric fence so they cut it and wrapped it ever so neatly
: > around a fence post thus grounding out our whole line.

:
: A couple of land mines, or something that looks like such, might fix that.

:
: Recall a crazy neighbor I caught trying to string wire at throat height

: across the power right of way through her pastures, a favorite of the
: snomobilers. Aiieee.

Nah... Too prosecutable. I see manslaughter, at least, with a strong
possibility of murder one.

Much less deadly, but just as "educational" (and much more entertaining if
spurting blood isn't your thing) is to string very firmly anchored 1/4
inch cable at ski height plus about 3 inches... It's amusing watching them
stomp around screaming bloody murder after the wire rips the skis off the
sled.

Oddly enough, after the first 2 or 3 of them suffer ski-amputation each
season, the rest of the area's snowmobilers give the property a pretty
wide berth. Even more oddly, it's usually the same 2 or 3 idiots that get
it every season. Don't they ever learn that those big orange and black "No
Trespassing" signs mean that they aren't welcome there?

Don Bruder - Dak...@primenet.com
Horseman by day, 'net-freak by night. What a contrast, eh?
Jesus saves sinners. And redeems them for valuable prizes.

Scrutinizing Inquisitor

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
As equids stand outside untended, unnoticed,
"TrinityApp" <trini...@lynchburg.net> wrote:

>... The husband

>was not pleased to find his relative replaced by orchids.

He wasn't related to you.

This is to entertain and not for those who want to be abused/harassed.
This is to encourage at most only lawful/legal and pragmatic actions.
This is to respond to/on a precedent topic not advertise commerce.
This is to expect only appropriate resource use in response.
This is to add that if you don't like that, well, tough shit.

Sheryl L. White

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

> From: kcar...@horse-country.com (Kris Carroll)

> Recall a crazy neighbor I caught trying to string wire at throat height
> across the power right of way through her pastures, a favorite of the
> snomobilers. Aiieee.

I think spreading a heavy load of manure along the fence line and wherever
snowmobilers or hunters like to trespass would greatly discourage them. I
heard of one farmer who got sick and tired of hunters parking their trucks
and cars in his fields, blocking his access (despite signs). He took care
of it by dumping loads of liquid manure on the vehicles. I can just imagine
the trespasser's faces when they returned...

Sheryl

TrinityApp

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Sheila wrote:

--

> >... The husband
> >was not pleased to find his relative replaced by orchids.
>
> He wasn't related to you.

And they didn't dump a petri dish which explains why you're still here.

Happy Holidays

OBHorsey. Hubby bought me a gorgeous watercolor of an App mare and foal for
Christmas. He's a peach.

RPM1

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
R Bishop:
>He said the guy left about four inches of rubber behind.

When I see assholes dumping stuff out of their moving cars
I always have thoughts of collecting the stuff following them
home and dumping it in their yard or throwing it back in their
car. I have seen various delivery vans toss packed full bags
of fast food garbage out the window. Trouble is I have a cell
phone and the number is on the truck/van so I just ring up
the company and report the driver. Local companies are
really keen on not making a bad name for themselves
in their own neighborhood.

Ruth CM

Donna Morris

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

> R Bishop:
> >He said the guy left about four inches of rubber behind.

Having been properly chastized by Mr. Stovall for my idiotic confrontation
with the hunter, I do know this from experience: some things are better
left alone. In my instance, the hunter I confronted could have shot me on
sight, even though I was holding a rifle...

I say leave this nastiness to god or the devil, whichever comes first...

Plus, I think it's bad karma to be nasty to other people...

NOTE TO GREENIACS: Do not sign me up as one of your own. To me, some good
company, a properly cooked filet mignon and some beer make up the eighth
wonder of the world...

R Bishop

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In article <B47BD9EA.37D7%s...@salus.med.uvm.edu>,

One guy on another group caught a guy dumping trash on his property. It
happened to be at night, the landowner showed up with a 12 gauge under
his arm and made the guy pick up EVERY smidgeon of trash and put it back
in his car. Without a trash bag. Then, when the guy was driving away,
he pointed the shotgun up and pulled the trigger. He said the guy left

about four inches of rubber behind.

Sue

>Sheryl

"Carpe Jugulum"

Terry Pratchett

R Bishop

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In article <8371sk$adn$1...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>,
"Donna Morris" <donnal...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"RPM1" <rpm1de...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>> R Bishop:

>> >He said the guy left about four inches of rubber behind.
>>

>Having been properly chastized by Mr. Stovall for my idiotic confrontation
>with the hunter, I do know this from experience: some things are better
>left alone. In my instance, the hunter I confronted could have shot me on
>sight, even though I was holding a rifle...
>
>I say leave this nastiness to god or the devil, whichever comes first...
>
>Plus, I think it's bad karma to be nasty to other people...
>
>NOTE TO GREENIACS: Do not sign me up as one of your own. To me, some good
>company, a properly cooked filet mignon and some beer make up the eighth
>wonder of the world...

Yeah, and it's gotta be GOOD beer, none of that cheap crap. Which is only good
for making beer rolls.

Adrienne Regard

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

RPM1 wrote in message <836udp$1s12$1...@node17.cwnet.frontiernet.net>...

>R Bishop:
>>He said the guy left about four inches of rubber behind.
>When I see assholes dumping stuff out of their moving cars
>I always have thoughts of collecting the stuff following them
>home and dumping it in their yard or throwing it back in their
>car.

I was stopped at a light once, behind a guy who threw a styrofoam cup out of
his car. I couldn't believe it. I hoped out, grabbed the cup, tossed it
back in on his lap through the still open window, and got back in my car all
before the light changed. I didn't follow him, so I've no idea, but he
probably just tossed it out again. But he was sure surprised for a minute
or two.

Adrienne Regard

Equinimity

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
>One guy on another group caught a guy dumping trash on his property. It
>happened to be at night, the landowner showed up with a 12 gauge under
>his arm and made the guy pick up EVERY smidgeon of trash and put it back
>in his car. Without a trash bag. Then, when the guy was driving away,
>he pointed the shotgun up and pulled the trigger. He said the guy left

>about four inches of rubber behind.

I bet the field wasn't the only place where he left skid marks! >:-)

Claudia, etc.

R Bishop

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
In article <19991215202931...@ng-fc1.aol.com>,
equin...@aol.combyteme (Equinimity) wrote:

ROTFL! I think you're right! Just picture this, the guy is happily
dumping his trash, he hears a deep voice say, "FREEZE!" And he looks
around to see a tall dark looming figure and the moonlight glinting off
a Very Large Shotgun. As for skid-marks, he probably was a bit worse
off than that....

>Claudia, etc.

Susan Dangar

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99

RPM1 <rpm1de...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message

> It seems the hunters got tired of having to deal with our
> electric fence so they cut it and wrapped it ever so neatly
> around a fence post thus grounding out our whole line. I
> noticed this because Butch was playing twang, twang,
> twang with the hot wire today (he usually just plays twang,
> twang, twang with the Bayco). We have an acre of woods
> at the base of our place where the deer can find decent
> cover and fresh water. The ya-hoos around here have
> discovered this and have made themselves a bit of easy
> access. <grumble>
>
> Ruth CM

Ruth,

Just curious, what are the legal penalties for this, if you could catch the
perps. Cutting fence in farm areas in TX is a class 1 felony, since Sept. 1
this year.

Susan Dangar

RPM1

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
Susan Dangar:

>Just curious, what are the legal penalties for this, if you could catch the
>perps. Cutting fence in farm areas in TX is a class 1 felony, since Sept.
1
>this year.

I don't know. They only cut the hot wire so they didn't
cause my critters to get loose. Besides that I don't think
it'd be a good idea to piss off the Good Ol' Boys around
here. JCPenney does well during their white sales round
these parts. :-\

Ruth CM