Houston,we have leg,over..

Tamara in TN

Oct 21, 2005, 9:26:37 PM10/21/05

well,as a preface, I received word today that my favorite pony
mare of all time,Cremey (who was, to me, the epitome of a well bred
welsh mountain pony and is by straight maternal line related to most of
the famous"houses" of welsh families in Sweden,Wales,and the
Netherlands) has contracted WNV at her new home outside of
Houston...her filly at her side has already died three days ago...they
left here in mid summer

I thought went she went there to live it was the right
thing...no more harsh winters and she'd live like the queen bee she
really was...she is now on IV banamine and steroids and all sorts of
other things (owner is a horse vet there)another mare that went with
her and her colt are fine so far...

yes, they were vaccinated for all the money wasting good it
did...

soooooo...to overcome that bit of suck ass news, I went riding on
my dun training victim...and finally at the end of a mediocre ride I
decided to work on (again) trying to get a proper response away and off
a leg...(dressaggy people need read no farther it gets western from
here <g>)

finally it clicked in the drama queens head that "leg" does not
mean "run away"...or "ignore: or "go faster"...it can mean " move
over"...one step or two steps using the outside hind as a pivot (ok we
did not get that far but I did get a real effort and "try" for pivot
so I left it there <G>) it was the only highlight of the whole crummy
evening...

Tamara in TN

war...@ix.netcom.com

Oct 21, 2005, 10:55:44 PM10/21/05

> [I] received word today that my favorite pony

> mare of all time,Cremey (who was, to me, the epitome of a well bred
> welsh mountain pony and is by straight maternal line related to most of
> the famous"houses" of welsh families in Sweden,Wales,and the
> Netherlands) has contracted WNV at her new home outside of
> Houston...her filly at her side has already died three days ago...

Very sorry to hear that Tamara. Cyber-Hugs from Kent, Washington to
you. Ruth W.

betsey

Oct 21, 2005, 11:20:35 PM10/21/05
Tamara--

i'm so sorry--i hope she recuperates------

betsey

de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies

Oct 22, 2005, 11:17:33 AM10/22/05

"Tamara in TN" <CDHO...@HIGHLAND.NET> wrote in message

> well,as a preface, I received word today that my favorite pony
> mare of all time,Cremey (who was, to me, the epitome of a well bred
> welsh mountain pony and is by straight maternal line related to most of
> the famous"houses" of welsh families in Sweden,Wales,and the
> Netherlands) has contracted WNV at her new home outside of
> Houston...her filly at her side has already died three days ago...they
> left here in mid summer

Holy shit! How awful! That's just so sad. I hope the mare pulls through.
It's tough to send your "kids" out into the world. It's even worse when
something like this happens and you just kick yourself even though it's no
fault of your's. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Cremey.

Dr Corinne B Leek

Oct 22, 2005, 9:46:04 PM10/22/05
On 21 Oct 2005 18:26:37 -0700, "Tamara in TN" <CDHO...@HIGHLAND.NET>
wrote:

<snippages>

> Cremey (who was, to me, the epitome of a well bred
>welsh mountain pony and is by straight maternal line related to most of
>the famous"houses" of welsh families in Sweden,Wales,and the
>Netherlands) has contracted WNV at her new home outside of
>Houston...her filly at her side has already died three days ago...they
>left here in mid summer

Shit.
My sympathies.

> finally it clicked in the drama queens head that "leg" does not
>mean "run away"...or "ignore: or "go faster"...it can mean " move
>over"...one step or two steps using the outside hind as a pivot (ok we
>did not get that far but I did get a real effort and "try" for pivot
>so I left it there <G>) it was the only highlight of the whole crummy
>evening...

Go "leg"!

Corinne, appreciating Tamara's patience...
Mikey, TIBD, wanting to come home from Camp where he's been while Mom
has had the Flu....
Carrot Gin Fizz Still Crew, thinking it's a good thing he was at Camp
since his hyperactivity would have meant no rest for Corinne...
Mark VIVIVI, who's *also* hyperactive and wants "release"........

--
*** Conserve Energy: Laughter is easier than Anger!
*** cl...@ns.sympatico.ca

Dana Compton

Oct 23, 2005, 2:57:34 PM10/23/05
well,as a preface, I received word today that my favorite pony
mare of all time,Cremey (who was, to me, the epitome of a well bred
welsh mountain pony and is by straight maternal line related to most of

the famous"houses" of welsh families in Sweden,Wales,and the
Netherlands) has contracted WNV at her new home outside of
Houston...her filly at her side has already died three days ago...they
left here in mid summer

I thought went she went there to live it was the right
thing...no more harsh winters and she'd live like the queen bee she
really was...she is now on IV banamine and steroids and all sorts of
other things (owner is a horse vet there)another mare that went with
her and her colt are fine so far...

yes, they were vaccinated for all the money wasting good it
did...

Tamara

The above snipped for brevity

Tamara that stinks. WNV is a nasty deal. My never ever got sick as a
child, 3 varsity sports, in perfect health and strong as an ox kid got
it when he was Junior in High school. Nasty bug for humans or horses.
It had him down on and off for 6 weeks, with another 6 til he was back
to being himself.
They need to be coming up with better vaccines.

Dana

ako...@san.rr.com

Oct 23, 2005, 10:58:01 PM10/23/05

Tamara in TN wrote:

> well,as a preface, I received word today that my favorite pony
> mare of all time,Cremey (who was, to me, the epitome of a well bred
> welsh mountain pony and is by straight maternal line related to most of
> the famous"houses" of welsh families in Sweden,Wales,and the
> Netherlands) has contracted WNV at her new home outside of
> Houston...her filly at her side has already died three days ago...they
> left here in mid summer>>

<snip>>

Oh, Tamara.

<sigh>

So sad, so sorry for you. How dang is that.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{you}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Abby

Callen Molenda

Oct 24, 2005, 9:43:24 AM10/24/05
"Tamara in TN" <CDHO...@HIGHLAND.NET> wrote in message

> well,as a preface, I received word today that my favorite pony
> mare of all time,Cremey (who was, to me, the epitome of a well bred
> welsh mountain pony and is by straight maternal line related to most of
> the famous"houses" of welsh families in Sweden,Wales,and the
> Netherlands) has contracted WNV at her new home outside of
> Houston...her filly at her side has already died three days ago...they
> left here in mid summer
>
> I thought went she went there to live it was the right
> thing...no more harsh winters and she'd live like the queen bee she
> really was...she is now on IV banamine and steroids and all sorts of
> other things (owner is a horse vet there)another mare that went with
> her and her colt are fine so far...

Tamara, so sorry to hear of this. We'll be thinking of her, and you.

Callen in VA

Tamara in TN

Oct 24, 2005, 9:59:55 AM10/24/05

Callen Molenda wrote:

> Tamara, so sorry to hear of this. We'll be thinking of her, and you.

you have all been very nice...I don't cry much anymore these
days...but I was just in tears thinking if I had know then were going
to die (or even get this thing) I'd have killed them here and spared
them that...the filly lived two weeks walking in circles...

Calvin made the mistake of trying to comfort me a little too soon
after the news arrived and I said something like "I don't want to be
comforted or petted ...I wish to be left ALONE ! so why don't you go
AWAY!!!!???" not a good time <g>...it's better now...but I was
feeling very very guilty for having sent them there...

Tamara in TN

Mary Healey

Oct 24, 2005, 10:58:16 AM10/24/05
"Tamara in TN" <CDHO...@HIGHLAND.NET> wrote:
>... trying to get a proper response away and off

> a leg...(dressaggy people need read no farther it gets western from
> here <g>)
>
> finally it clicked in the drama queens head that "leg" does not
> mean "run away"...or "ignore: or "go faster"...it can mean " move
> over"...

You mean I've been riding "western" in a dressage saddle all this time?
Live and learn. I've had that particular discussion/illuminating moment
with several critters. How else would a horse learn it, if not through
concerted trial and effort?

Sorry the news of the day was so sucky.