NEED SHOW NAME.......FAST!!!

DaisyWorld

Jul 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/4/96

Help!! My horse just lost a shoe and I'm in a big show on Saturday. So, i
decided to ride a friend's horse....but he doesn't have a show name!! His
barn name is Tennessee, and he's part Tennessee Walker. He is a
Hunter/Jumper, Jumping over 5 feet. He is a bay w/ only a white star. I
was thinking about "Forget Me Not"....but that doesn't fit him. He's a
very stubborn horse but he has the nicest gaits. Also, when he's in a good
mood- he's a great horse to ride. Please help!!! E-mail any suggestions
(or post them) by Saturday or Friday!! (Daisy...@aol.com).

Thanx!! Ericka

madeline

Jul 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/4/96

DaisyWorld wrote:
> His
> barn name is Tennessee,

That works for me. Then you'll know who he is, and so will he....

madeline

Two x over

Jul 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/4/96

tennessee ernie?? (like tennessee earnie ford??)

betsey

GJMarchand

Jul 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/6/96

Why do show names need to be different than a horse's "real" name? If you
don't like a horse's registered name, you usually give him a "barn name"
that you do like...why not just use that one? It was picked because it
fits, after all! But if you really want to jazz up your horse's barn
name, just adding a word or two could do it. Some examples (real ones!):

"Ruby" = Ruby Tuesday
"Red" = Go Big Red
"Garth" = Good Boy Garth (guess who owns this one! :-)

Slobah

Jul 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/10/96

Okay, I was saving this for the appropriate horse, but...

One of the things Tennessee is famous for is the dish served at most
diners in the state--any kind of meat, with three vegetable side dishes.
This kind of restaurant is called a "Meat N Three" which I always thought
would be a great name for a big dumbish warmblood. And if the announcer
can say it without cracking up, my hat's off.

Bunifluff

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

How about "Walking on Sunshine", or " Walking in Memphis", or "Airwalk"?
Good luck from Andrea and Barney(Genuine Draft, who is 9/16ths Clyde)

Calmanhan

Jul 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/28/96

How about "Over the Rainbow" or"Sunny Days"

Jesse Dinkin

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

In <4tga72$s...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> calm...@aol.com (Calmanhan)
writes:

>How about "Over the Rainbow" or"Sunny Days"

I like the names "Sunshine Daydream" "Chance Encounter" and "Zodiac"

Casey

myt...@warwick.net

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

HOW ABOUT "SHOW ME" -DQ