Trek to Tucson-Day 2 even longer

Phyllis Andersen

Jan 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/14/00

Day two in Tucson was filled with LQS visits, which was a nice change from
the 387 miles I drove yesterday. Unstitcher/Marque met us at Florence’s
house and the three of us headed to Cactus Quilt Shop. We met up with Pearl
and her darling Danny. I bought a roll of kitty 6” squares and some deep
reds I have been hunting for. But I was really dazzled by an antique 30’s
Dresden Plate quilt. Florence had pointed it out to me, so I will put most
of the blame on her. I drooled over it, but decided to give it some thought
during the rest of the day. We climbed into Pearl’s Astro van and headed out
again. As we drove from shop to shop, I kept thinking of more reasons why I
just “needed” this quilt. Our second shop was closed, so we threw in
Hancocks. I found some lovely Rose & Hubble London Lawn. I bought one yard
cuts of two different ones. I found another Betty Boop that Jane T. and I
just really have to have.

We headed to the airport to pick up Anna Braun from IL. Her plane had
arrived a bit early, but Florence ran around and hunted her up. We loaded
Anna and her luggage in and went for fast food. Danny, age 4, picked Jack in
the Box and we all chowed down. We waddled to the van and the next stop was
way south of Tucson for some bargain shopping. The Desert Quilt Patch is in
the really low rent district and has some wonderful prices. She carries flat
folds along with the latest quilting cottons. It took forever to get us all
out of this one. I found a beautiful print with bright yellow lemons on a
dark blue background. The print I chose to go along with it is small daisies
and strawberries on a yellow background. They are so springtime fresh.
Another red, a purple and one green came away with me. We threw the bags in
the rear and pointed the van north. We made a stop at the local Pecan Shop.
I loaded up with gifts to take home to my family. For some reason, my family
is not particularly interested in receiving fabric, since their eyes just
glaze over. I found some Side Saddle Sopping Sauce for my DH to use on the
BBQ. Mom and dad will love the candied pecans and fresh pecans.

Precious Hands Quilt Shop had 20% off on all fabrics during the show
weekend. I found a few FQs to take home to bribe the locals when we meet up
again. It seems that is the price I pay for deserting “Road to California”
for Tucson. Naturally, I had to add another pastel to my stash….I believe
this is the first and only pastel for this trip.

By this time, the girls had convinced me that I really needed the antique
quilt and amidst their singing happy birthday ….even though I was born in
August…..I asked to head back to Cactus Quilts. Of course, I had left my car
there, so I had to return anyway. I was concerned that the shop might close
before we got back, so I pulled out the cell phone and made sure they would
hold it for me. Poor Pearl navigated the rush hour traffic to speed me to my
new treasure. We arrived with 20 minutes to spare, so Anna had time to shop
for her cat fabric. Pearl and Danny left us, as we raced inside.

As we returned to Florence’s house, we found Chuck….Marque’s DH… patiently
waiting to pick her up. They had brought their fifth wheel trailer to Tucson
and were camping nearby.

We are now sitting here trying to stay awake, so goodnight from Tucson.
Bigbearlady…..hugging my new found treasure

Sandy Foster

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
In article <85ot8g$krk$1...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>, "Phyllis Andersen"
<Bigbe...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Day two in Tucson was filled with LQS visits, <friendly snip>

Bigbearlady, you're making me *so* jealous! I had so wanted to join you
all! And I know those quilt shops, so I can just "see" you all there,
having a wonderful time. Cactus Quilt Shop was my very favorite when I
lived a couple of hours from Tucson. Oh well, maybe next year, when DGS
isn't having his very first birthday party. :)

Rushing off to pick up the birthday cake,

--
Sandy
http://www.geocities.com/sandy_quilter

Suzie or Paul Beckwith

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
You girls are haing way too much fun - but you deserve it!

Just don't let Marque walk too much - she needs to rest ev'ry now and
then, say at a nice quilt or bagel shop?

Suzie B
--
Southend, UK
"You can always tell a quilter by the thread she wears..."

shhdesigns

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00

Phyllis Andersen <Bigbe...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> for Tucson. Naturally, I had to add another pastel to my stash..I believe

> this is the first and only pastel for this trip.
>
> By this time, the girls had convinced me that I really needed the antique
> quilt and amidst their singing happy birthday ..even though I was born in
> August...I asked to head back to Cactus Quilts. Of course, I had left my

car
> there, so I had to return anyway. I was concerned that the shop might
close
> before we got back, so I pulled out the cell phone and made sure they
would
> hold it for me. Poor Pearl navigated the rush hour traffic to speed me to
my
> new treasure. We arrived with 20 minutes to spare, so Anna had time to
shop
> for her cat fabric. Pearl and Danny left us, as we raced inside.
>
> As we returned to Florence's house, we found Chuck..Marque's DH. patiently

> waiting to pick her up. They had brought their fifth wheel trailer to
Tucson
> and were camping nearby.
>
> We are now sitting here trying to stay awake, so goodnight from Tucson.
> Bigbearlady...hugging my new found treasure

Congratulations on your new treasure...Just remember I know where you live
and said I could come and stay some time. MMM I wonder if I could stash it
in my purse???
Sandi in New West. B.C.

QuiltR1024

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
Phyllis,
What a wonderful day of S.E.X. and friendship. Your adventures are
wonderful to hear about. Keep em comin !!!

Kris ( in northern Virginia )
( whose just sittin here watchin the football playoffs and fondeling my stash -
am I green with envy?????)