Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses - Happy Dance!

Karen C - California

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
OK, ladies, if you can find some square footage on the floor where the two
guest cats haven't knocked over piles or dragged things from other rooms, let's
boogie!!

I finished "Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses" this morning. It's a 5x7, and
probably out of print, since I don't even remember how long ago I bought it.

I'm hanging it right inside the front door, as a warning to anyone who objects
to the state of my housekeeping that they don't want to come in.

The chart is up for grabs to the first person who requests it. I'll include
the leftover floss. Most colors should be sufficient.

Meanwhile, until these two little hellions go home and stop undoing my
housecleaning, I'm going back on the couch to stitch some more. Next up, an
"August" bellpull for Angelika's August birthday.

Finished 2/24/2000 - Sweet 16 (Silver Lining)
WIP:Mermaid of the Pearls, Teen Creed, California Sampler, America the
Beautiful (Nimble Needle), antique green doll (Vervaco)
Don't risk your on-line privileges! I forward all Spam to administration.

Marion

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
Hi Karen,
Congratulations!!! on finishing "Dull women..." and what a good idea to
hang it by the front door.
Is that chart still available? It sounds like just the thing for me :0)
--
Marion Jacobs
Amsterdam

X/NL/S/-/3F/1C/Sun and Moon, Aquarius, Lady of Shalott,
The Enchanter, The Sorceress/XK/-/D/:-X/LSQO/M/B/b/R+10/
S/Kc/E/L/G/W+/George Clooney/Anne Rice/chocolate

Pat Porter

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
A doctor I once worked for always maintained that "An empty desk denotes an
empty mind!"

Her desk was always utter chaos, but her mind was certsainly far from
empty!!!

Pat Porter

CF

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00

Pat Porter <j.po...@dtn.ntl.com> wrote in message

> A doctor I once worked for always maintained that "An empty desk denotes
an
> empty mind!"
>
> Pat Porter

I saw a saying one time - "A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind!" My
husband has *never* had that problem!!
Candi

Jennifer Lee

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00

Karen C - California <kmc...@aol.com.LuvXS> wrote in article
<20000323122842...@ng-ci1.aol.com>...

> I finished "Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses" this morning. It's a 5x7,
and
> probably out of print, since I don't even remember how long ago I bought
it.

The Lizzie Kate, right? I just finished that the other day myself! :-)
It's an adorable chart. Now it goes to Jodi; since there was only one copy
when we each wanted one, we're sharing custody...:-)

-jen

Lesley Isaac

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00

> Congratulations!!! on finishing "Dull women..." and what a good idea
> hang it by the front door.
> Is that chart still available? It sounds like just the thing for me
:0)

I have a booklet of this and similar gems like "A woman needs a man
like a fish needs a bicycle". Oldies but goodies and they still make
me smile :-)

Lesley
In Christchurch, NZ

Gaias Womb

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
My personal motto has always been "Never trust a skinny cook" <g> Now off to
go find those brownies I made today :)

Support bacteria -- they're the only culture some people have

Karen C - California

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00

>The Lizzie Kate, right?

No, this was NeedleMagic.

Stitched in Time

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00

Karen C - California <kmc...@aol.com.LuvXS> wrote in message

> >The Lizzie Kate, right?
>
> No, this was NeedleMagic.

NeedleMagic may have done it, but so has Lizzie Kate. Her is called
Home-work! And it comes with that design and another that says Too Much
Houseword can make you croak (with a picture of a frog in a aprin.)

Karen Wells
Stitched in Time

CF

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00

Gaias Womb <gaia...@aol.comelmo> wrote in message

> My personal motto has always been "Never trust a skinny cook" <g> Now off
> go find those brownies I made today :)

Hey I'm with you! I really did make some brownies today!
Candi

Karen C - California

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
I have a bumper sticker that says Housework Rots the Mind.

Anyone want to chart that for me? :)

Mirjam Bruck Cohen

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
to CF
I have It hanging Over My desk
If a Cluttered Desk is the sign of a Cluttered mind......
What is the sign of an Empty Desk?

But I also have to teel an anecdote, most of my creative coleagues , do
have swatches and have all kinds of stashes books etc.....
several years ago i went to an exhibition of embroidered wall Rugs, They
looked To perfect ! and the Color range of each work was sort of
FAMILIAR .......The woman was Braggy !!!! and i still could not point out
waht it was, Well somehow mysteriously she heard i was quite knowledgable
and had many books , so she asked to come to my house , and invited me to
her`s. When I entered her house the Coin fell down .....on her walls were
all the Ready made Kits from 2 companies in their actual Sold size, Her
Works were The SAME Only Bigger versions of Each Kit ! I sort of looked
around and later asked about swatches , books and such/
The woman claimed That SINCE SHE UNLIKE ME is A REAL artist, she Never
makes swatches,, and does not need books and such,,,,, i politely asked
about the work shown in the ` exhibition , and she explained Quite
Proudly that she bought Each kit in several copies , enlarged the Original
on a copy machine and Thus HAD HER ORIGINAL ART , i was speechless and
told her this was UNDONE !!!!!
PS never saw Such an Sterile Clean House .......
Ps 2 she came to me and asked to COPY some of My work , blantly like that
!!!!
mirjam

mirjam

Feathersby

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
Another funny-
"At least the fat pushes out the wrinkles!"

Still in my ufo pile as I sit here growing!

Jennifer Lee

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00

Karen C - California <kmc...@aol.com.LuvXS> wrote in article
<20000323215221...@ng-fs1.aol.com>...

> >The Lizzie Kate, right?
>
> No, this was NeedleMagic.

Hmmm..interesting. Lizzie Kate has one out too. It's worded a little
differently "Only Dull Women Have Immculate Homes." I'm really getting
into Lizzie Kate's stuff. They are so much fun to stitch. And with the
sampler threads! A blast!! :-)

-jen

ChessieCat

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00

"Gaias Womb" wrote

> My personal motto has always been "Never trust a skinny cook" <g> Now off
> go find those brownies I made today :)
> Support bacteria -- they're the only culture some people have

My motto is "Save The Earth It is the only planet with chocolate!" (VBG) I
will chart this some day. Susan C.

Lesley Isaac

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
I have it in Dimensions "Witty Women Book Four" - I think it is a
pretty common one

Lesley
IN NZ

> > >The Lizzie Kate, right?
> >
> > No, this was NeedleMagic.

Tobie & Herb

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
I needlepointed "A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind" for my DH. His
desk is always immaculate and mine is total chaos! The NP I made had a
picture of a dest with absolutely nothing on it, so that's where I stitched
my initials! I put it in a standing frame and it sits on his desk to this
day. What fun! Tobie
--
WIP: Silhouette of Bride & Groom (NP); Tallit Bag Cover (NP);
Lace Border & Name (Endearments Old & New NP);

CF <dcf1...@flash.net> wrote in article
<xExC4.12267$624.1...@news.flash.net>...

java...@my-deja.com

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00

> Hmmm..interesting. Lizzie Kate has one out too. It's worded a little
> differently "Only Dull Women Have Immculate Homes." I'm really getting
> into Lizzie Kate's stuff. They are so much fun to stitch. And with the
> sampler threads! A blast!! :-)
>
> -jen

Yep, she's hooked all right! Now I have joined the Lizzie Kate fan
club, too. That Dull Women one is adorable! How about a happy dance for
both of you and both versions of the theme?

~~~~Happy~~~~~dancin'~~~~~~~~

Jodi
Orlando

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Rhea Stewart

Mar 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/27/00

Just came across this variant while cleaning out some papers in my
work room.

"The needlwoman with the supremely well organized sewing room will
never experience the thrill of finally finding something."

I would substitue "stash" for "sewing room".

How true! :-))

Rhea in the Yukon

CF

Mar 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/28/00

> Just came across this variant while cleaning out some papers in my
> work room.
>
> "The needlwoman with the supremely well organized sewing room will
> never experience the thrill of finally finding something."
>
> I would substitue "stash" for "sewing room".

My "stash" is in my sewing room! So I'm always finding goodies!!! :>)
Candi