Supplies for the Wife ... Need Ideas

Jim Hughes

Nov 19, 2005, 2:41:09 PM11/19/05
Good Day ...

... I hope all is well with you ...

... I sure could use some expert direction ...

... My wife is into scrapbooking. I want to get her 'scrapbooking stuff'
for Christmas but, do not know what is good. I know that she has bunches of
stamps; fonts; papers; and more ...

... would you be kind to direct me to:

* must have items
* sites/links for shopping
* suggestions to 'round out' a scrapbookers' supply needs.

Thanks much.

Take care.
Jim Hughes

Shannon & John

Nov 19, 2005, 3:30:17 PM11/19/05
If she doesn't have one I would highly recommend the xyron 150. It is under
10.00. It is my favorite tool. You can get it on line or michaels or hobby
lobby. It looks like an X. it is and adhesive. Definetly a must have!!
Also, does she have any chalks. You always need more paper or albums. You
can't go wrong there. Hope this helps.

--

Shannon in Indiana
Mother of Logan & Tanner

View My Pages:
http://community.webshots.com/user/scassady

"Jim Hughes" <jhug...@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message

RJ

Nov 19, 2005, 5:05:38 PM11/19/05

If she doesn't have a sizzix or quickutz... by all means get her one,
you'd be a hero... sizzix sidekick is less than 40 dollars and a few
dies are less than 20, you can get an alpha for less than 100 online...

Jim Hughes

Nov 19, 2005, 6:33:58 PM11/19/05
Good Day ...

... thank you, this will make my quest easier.

... thanks for the good leads.
Take care.
Jim Hughes
"Shannon & John" <cas...@mintel.net> wrote in message

Jim Hughes

Nov 19, 2005, 6:35:52 PM11/19/05
Good Day ...

... thanks much. This is great stuff ... I'll check her stock; if she
doesn't have it ... I'll get 'em.

Take care, and thank you.
Jim Hughes
"RJ" <duckwater@*SPAM*gmail.com> wrote in message

Alicia

Nov 19, 2005, 7:08:42 PM11/19/05
I'm a digital scrapper, not traditional, but how about several small
things (packs of stickers, eyelets, a pack of paper you think she would
like, etc) wrapped separately & put in a gift basket, then a gift
certificate to a scrapbooking store (brick & mortar or online) that she
could use to buy that "special thing" she wants but hasn't yet bought
for herself? That way you don't have to worry about not getting exactly
what she wants.

How sweet of you to help enable her to do a favorite pastime!

Alicia

Jim Hughes

Nov 19, 2005, 9:27:13 PM11/19/05
Good Day ...
... thank you very much; wife and I are internet users.

... good ideas.

... thanks to the fine people for the fine answers.

Take care.
Jim Hughes
********************************
"Alicia" <amc...@aol.com> wrote in message

King's Crown

Nov 20, 2005, 1:36:20 AM11/20/05
Several good pairs of scissors are a must for me. I like the Cutterbee
brand. I like the small pointy ones for tiny precise cutting. There is now
a Queenbee pair that is for large cutting. I use the big and small on
almost all projects. I start with the large scissors when the project is
getting close to the size I want I finish off with the small scissors. So,
I say take a look at what she cutting with. If she hasn't treated herself
to the Cutter bee scissors that might be something for your list.

Lynne

JK

Nov 20, 2005, 3:22:26 AM11/20/05
What a thoughtful husband you are! Almost everyone I know wants a silent
setter for eyelets this Christmas. And those who allready have it - loves
it :) HTH!

Judy, SA

Jacqueline Rogers

Nov 20, 2005, 9:47:17 AM11/20/05
Is her stuff organized? How is her paper organized.
I personally love the Cropper Hopper storage systems. The paper holders are
wonderful and they keep my papers looking great. I love the embellishment
box-with the inserts-it keeps everything stored neatly. I have two, one for
fibers and one for eyelets.
For stickers, I feel the Crop in Style binder and inserts are the way to go.
There is one particular person on e-bay who is wonderful about shipping and
prices.
There is another binder system that people love and I cannot remember the
name of it. That one is really cool too.
Markers are easily kept in a marker storage from Cropper Hopper.
I am wishing for a new TV for my scrap room. There would be nothing like
scrapping and watching my Sunday show--Desparate Housewives! I doubt if my
DH is going to like that show much when he gets back from Iraq.
I know that Santa has already gotten me an MP3 player so I can listen to
music while I am scrapping and never bother anyone. So an MP3 player and
music is another idea.
A subscription to a magazine she reads is another great idea. Scrapbook
Answers is the one we have all been gushing about on this group--that one
comes with a CD she can use.
I would check QVC to see what kind of deals they have there. I love their
card making stuff--many scrapbookers also make cards.
One thing I could not live without is my Xyron. One of those and lots of
refills. I use my 250 the most but my 505 does get a lot of use for large
vellum.
It never hurts to spend some time and ask her questions when she is
scrapping too, you may get some gift ideas straight from her.
I hope this gives you great ideas!

Jim Hughes

Nov 20, 2005, 10:36:41 AM11/20/05
Good Morning ...

... thanks much for your time and ideas; they really help.

... the response to my questions is fantastic ..

Thank you
Jim Hughes
*****************************
"King's Crown" <q...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Jim Hughes

Nov 20, 2005, 10:38:20 AM11/20/05
Good Morning ...

... thank you very much.

... I am locating all of the 'suggestions' on the net ...

... have a good day.
Jim Hughes
"JK" <as...@telkomsa.net> wrote in message

Jim Hughes

Nov 20, 2005, 10:44:02 AM11/20/05
Good Morning ...

... good thoughts; she needs a bunch of 'good organization' tips and
techniques ... your ideas will really help.

... she has a TV and CD/DVD player, so she can play and watch
... I now have very good ideas about what to get for Christmas gifts ... all
because of the great responses to my questions !

... thanks .

Jim Hughes
"Jacqueline Rogers" <logansa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message