A Christmas card 2008 Challenge?

King's Crown

Dec 28, 2007, 2:20:11 AM12/28/07
Well I spent December making my cards and didn't make nearly as many as I
wanted. Kicking myself in the behind for not starting earlier. Split Coast
Stampers is having a challenge I thought would be great and some of you
might want to try it too. You don't have to join SCS just post here each
month.

All you have to do is complete 10 Christmas cards every month up to and
including November and you should have plenty of cards to send out for the
holidays!!

You can join anytime during the year. The idea is NOT to stress. If you need
to skip a month or two, that is perfectly fine. Remember, the whole idea
behind this challenge is to make life easier. Trust me, I know how busy
December can be, why not try to get one project, your holiday cards, all
done by the end of November!

Make your cards any way you like - make 100 of the same card 10 at a time or
make a different set of 10 each month or make each card completely different
and unique. You decide, these are your cards. They should be how you want
them to be. Then each month when you complete your 10 cards, upload your
photos and post a message.

This is not a swap... just a way to get your cards done BEFORE December.

Anyone game?

Lynne

cware84

Dec 28, 2007, 3:41:41 AM12/28/07
Lynne, I thought this was a good idea at SCS and it is actually the
reason I got all of my cards done in time! It is a great way to
casually think about cards throughout the year. I'm totally game!

Something we might consider doing that is a little different is to set
our own goals. For instance, since I don't really have that many cards
to make, I could set a goal to complete 5 per month and that would
give me plenty of cards. Someone who needs more could set a higher
goal. Just a thought...

~Crystal

Jessica

Dec 28, 2007, 12:04:51 PM12/28/07
I'm game! I've been saying to everyone I should start in January for
Christmas next year anyway.

So - I'm in!

Jessica

Cathy

Dec 28, 2007, 12:19:11 PM12/28/07
Sounds like a wonderful idea Lynne. Count me in. I always wait until
the last minute to do my cards. This way I can do lots of different
ones for a change instead of all alike.

Mel K

Dec 28, 2007, 1:22:02 PM12/28/07
This sounds like a great way to do a variety of cards and try new
techniques. Count me in, too!

Mel K

"King's Crown" <qo...@comcast.net> wrote in message

scrappymissjacqui

Dec 28, 2007, 1:34:46 PM12/28/07
I am up for the challenge, I didn't get ahead at all in cards this year.

Dizzy

Dec 28, 2007, 2:03:29 PM12/28/07
Me too. I made none this year, as I've torn a ligament in my right shoulder
and am not able to craft at all .. but I wouldn't have that excuse if I'd
started in January.

Sign me up.

Wendy

"scrappymissjacqui" <logansa...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Jessica

Dec 28, 2007, 6:15:15 PM12/28/07
I posted a link awhile ago, that I'll have to go back and find, where
each week there was a technique challenge. We could, for those who
wanted to take it to a second level, include that as well - each month
make our cards using that technique.

Ok - gonna find the link...it's really cool.

Jessica

Dec 28, 2007, 6:19:09 PM12/28/07
http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/

Found the link. Reread my email - thought I'd clarify.

As opposed to a weekly technique from this site - I was thinking that
for each month, for those of us doing this card challenge, we could
also add a second dimension, and have a suggested technique for cards
for that month.

I thought this link could help provide inspiration for those suggested
techniques. :)

Ok - that's my 2 cents. No matter what, being ready with cards early
on will be worth it!

Katrina

Dec 28, 2007, 6:21:04 PM12/28/07
Well, since I made two cards last night, I'm going to say I'm game.
After seeing how pretty the handmades I got are it put me in the mood
to make some cards. I'm off tomarrow and plan on working on some more.
Thanks for sharing your idea Lynne. Maybe M-C can add it to the
challenges on the website.

Katrina in KS

ChrissyM

Dec 28, 2007, 7:12:54 PM12/28/07
This is a great idea! I made more cards this year then I did it the
past but I still didn't make as many as I would like to have. I like
this idea.

Chrissy

King's Crown

Dec 28, 2007, 7:57:47 PM12/28/07
Setting our own goals...my thoughts exactly, because I don't need 100 cards,
but I'd need about 50.

Lynne
"cware84" <cwa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

King's Crown

Dec 28, 2007, 8:03:54 PM12/28/07
Same with me Chrissy I made more than I ever had, but I still had to send
out about 20 preprinted cards.

Lynne

"ChrissyM" <micke...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Linda C

Dec 29, 2007, 3:41:11 PM12/29/07

Thanks for sharing that link Jessica! Those are some really cute ideas
for cards. I could use some new inspiration everyonce in awhile! I
love to make cards, so I may try to do this too. I need to MAKE the
time to do it!

Linda

Linda C

Dec 29, 2007, 3:43:21 PM12/29/07
On Dec 28, 1:20 am, "King's Crown" <qo...@comcast.net> wrote:

sounds good to me Lynne! :-) I think I made 45 and it was not enough!

Linda

Sandy

Dec 30, 2007, 3:47:18 PM12/30/07
I'm the same way - I made around 50 this year.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Sandy

"Linda C" <lindac...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Tammy in TX

Dec 31, 2007, 4:30:39 PM12/31/07
Definitely a good idea! Count me in.

I am hoping to do something similar with Birthday cards. I usually
end up in a panic trying to get the birthday cards done right before I
need to mail them.

--Tammy