Obama cant even get a charter school named after him....

Gunner Asch

Dec 31, 2009, 2:16:46 AM12/31/09
http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/80382197.html

One of the reasons I live here....

KHSD votes against charter school named in honor of Obama

Story Updated: Dec 30, 2009 at 6:17 PM PST
By Anthony Bailey, Eyewitness News

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- In a special session Wednesday morning, the Kern
High School District board voted down a petition to bring a charter
school to Bakersfield named in honor of President Barack Obama.

Board members who voted unanimously cited a very lackluster proposal
riddled with error and typos highlighted by incorrect listing of the
district name and a first paragraph that was addressed to Escondido
schools.

Neighbors voiced mixed reactions.

"It's going to take a village," said supporter Jan Flowery, "with so
many dropouts."

Resident Susan Wooden had additional questions.

"With so many financial problems, how will the school get paid for?"
asked Wooden.

Gale Bunding wasn't against the school but didn't want the school named
after the president.

"How can we name the school after someone who is anti-American," said
Bunding.

Listening attentively at the meeting was another group hopeful to get a
charter school approved in Greenfield. Damon Smothers is part of a group
working on getting approval for Smothers Academy.

The family psychologist currently runs an educational center in central
Bakersfield that offers tutoring and counseling.

"I think the community needs it. I want kids to know they can do it,"
said Smothers.

Smothers says he is deeply rooted in the community, citing a little
league youth football team made up youth that use the center's services.

According to Superintendent Chris Crawford with the Greenfield School,
Smothers has met the requirements for the number of teachers and the
enrollment requirements of 100 interested students.

Notice the part about

"Very lackluster proposal riddled with error and typos "

Seems Obama supporters are as stupid as a bag of dog shit.

<VBG>

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

pyotr filipivich

Dec 31, 2009, 6:13:34 AM12/31/09
I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that Gunner Asch
<gun...@lightspeed.net> reported Elvis on Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:16:46
-0800 in misc.survivalism:

>Notice the part about
>
>"Very lackluster proposal riddled with error and typos "
>

>Seems Obama supporters are as stupid as a bag of dog shit.

Ahem. Do not attribute to stupidity which might only be
ignorance.

OTOH, Obama supporters seem to have clarified that they are not
merely ignorant, but willfully ignorant.

pyotr

P.s. OTGH, They might be grajitutes of No Child Left Behind" so it
could actually be "Bush's fault."
-
pyotr filipivich.
Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel,
you find out it's a Government Project to build more tunnel.

Buerste

Dec 31, 2009, 9:28:00 AM12/31/09

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@lightspeed.net> wrote in message

> http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/80382197.html
>
> One of the reasons I live here....
>

> KHSD votes against charter school named in honor of Obama
<snip>

In 2013, everybody is going to be saying: "Who's Obama?"

Cliff

Dec 31, 2009, 10:30:38 AM12/31/09
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:16:46 -0800, Gunner Asch <gun...@lightspeed.net> wrote:

>"It's going to take a village," said supporter Jan Flowery, "with so
>many dropouts."

Was this near Moron?
--
Cliff

Cliff

Dec 31, 2009, 10:32:11 AM12/31/09
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:16:46 -0800, Gunner Asch <gun...@lightspeed.net> wrote:

>Seems Obama supporters are as stupid as a bag of dog shit.

Either a winger or a Klingon plot.
--
Cliff

Dan

Dec 31, 2009, 11:47:52 AM12/31/09

Yawn, as stupid as someone who writes a misleading and inaccurate
Subject line? I mean, how hard is THAT???

I mean, have YOU ever tried to get a Charter School together, little boy?

Stupid shit...

Dan

Message has been deleted

Bruce L. Bergman

Dec 31, 2009, 12:40:22 PM12/31/09
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:28:00 -0500, "Buerste" <bue...@wowway.com>
wrote:

It's cold, and the timing might be a little optimistic, but you might
be right Tawm - didn't take us long to say "Who's Jimmy Carter?" but
he was only insipid and not outright malicious.

If the Dems and the Unions get this budget-bursting abortion of a
healthcare mess passed, and a few other things on their agenda before
they lose Congress badly in 2012, we won't forget BHO for a while as
we try to unwind the whole mess.

And as we get to fight through our own Lost Decade cleaning up after
him, I can guarantee it won't be a fond memory...

--<< Bruce >>--

Lib Loo

Dec 31, 2009, 1:29:11 PM12/31/09

"Buerste" <bue...@wowway.com> wrote in message

One of my toilet cleaning crews made up of minimum wage liberals reports
that there is a toilet that was named the Obama John-a at one of our venues,
with his likeness in the bowl. They complained that it is so popular to shit
in, that it requires extra cleaning.

Stuart Wheaton

Dec 31, 2009, 8:45:36 PM12/31/09

It seems it had nothing to do with Obama at all, the proposal was weak.

"Trustee Chad Vegas said he wasn't concerned with the name of the
school, and would reject it even if it were named after Jesus Christ."

Wes

Dec 31, 2009, 9:01:39 PM12/31/09
Stuart Wheaton <sdwh...@fuse.net> wrote:

>"Trustee Chad Vegas said he wasn't concerned with the name of the
>school, and would reject it even if it were named after Jesus Christ."

I noticed the part where misspellings abounded. Not the way to make a presentation.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Michael A. Terrell

Dec 31, 2009, 9:16:06 PM12/31/09

Gunner Asch wrote:

> http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/80382197.html
>
> One of the reasons I live here....
>
> KHSD votes against charter school named in honor of Obama
>
> Story Updated: Dec 30, 2009 at 6:17 PM PST
> By Anthony Bailey, Eyewitness News
>
> BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- In a special session Wednesday morning, the Kern
> High School District board voted down a petition to bring a charter
> school to Bakersfield named in honor of President Barack Obama.

They should name it 'Teleprompter'

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

Michael A. Terrell

Dec 31, 2009, 9:21:58 PM12/31/09

Wes wrote:

> Stuart Wheaton <sdwh...@fuse.net> wrote:
>
> >"Trustee Chad Vegas said he wasn't concerned with the name of the
> >school, and would reject it even if it were named after Jesus Christ."
>
> I noticed the part where misspellings abounded. Not the way to make a presentation.

The local school board has a firm policy that no schools will be
named after individuals. That was, until local veterans forced the
issue and a new school was named after Hammett Bowen Jr., a local Medal
Of Honor recipient.:

http://www.marion.k12.fl.us/schools/schooldirdetails.cfm?id=56

Wes

Dec 31, 2009, 9:34:03 PM12/31/09
"Michael A. Terrell" <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> The local school board has a firm policy that no schools will be
>named after individuals. That was, until local veterans forced the
>issue and a new school was named after Hammett Bowen Jr., a local Medal
>Of Honor recipient.:
>
>http://www.marion.k12.fl.us/schools/schooldirdetails.cfm?id=56

Someone that recieved the Medal of Honor should be an exception. I notice you didn't make
the mistake of putting in 'Congressional' or using the work 'Won'.

Message has been deleted

Cliff

Jan 1, 2010, 11:20:31 AM1/1/10
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:40:22 -0800, Bruce L. Bergman
<bruceNOSP...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:28:00 -0500, "Buerste" <bue...@wowway.com>
>wrote:
>>"Gunner Asch" <gun...@lightspeed.net> wrote in message
>>> http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/80382197.html
>
>>> One of the reasons I live here....
>>>
>>> KHSD votes against charter school named in honor of Obama
>><snip>
>>
>>In 2013, everybody is going to be saying: "Who's Obama?"
>
> It's cold, and the timing might be a little optimistic, but you might
>be right Tawm - didn't take us long to say "Who's Jimmy Carter?" but
>he was only insipid and not outright malicious.
>
> If the Dems and the Unions get this budget-bursting abortion of a
>healthcare mess passed, and a few other things on their agenda before
>they lose Congress badly in 2012, we won't forget BHO for a while as
>we try to unwind the whole mess.

The US economy is up about 10% since Obama took over
less than a year ago.

> And as we get to fight through our own Lost Decade cleaning up after
>him, I can guarantee it won't be a fond memory...
>
>--<< Bruce >>--

Perhaps wingers want to lie about it.
--
Cliff

Cliff

Jan 1, 2010, 11:23:58 AM1/1/10

What of the famed GW Bush Sewage Plant?
Or the memorial
http://www.limitthesky.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/world-largest-openpitmine4.jpg
?
--
Cliff

Lib Loo

Jan 1, 2010, 12:15:09 PM1/1/10

"Cliff" <Clhuprich...@aoltmovetheperiodc.om> wrote in message

They installed an Obama-John-a there too? That's too funny!

Michael A. Terrell

Jan 1, 2010, 8:58:11 PM1/1/10

Wes wrote:

> "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > The local school board has a firm policy that no schools will be
> >named after individuals. That was, until local veterans forced the
> >issue and a new school was named after Hammett Bowen Jr., a local Medal
> >Of Honor recipient.:
> >
> >http://www.marion.k12.fl.us/schools/schooldirdetails.cfm?id=56
>
> Someone that recieved the Medal of Honor should be an exception.

He was the only one in a county of 318,000 people. The school board
didn't see it that way. In fact, they claimed that they were pressured
and coerced by Veterans into chosing the name. My reply was that if they
could be coerced, they shouldn't be on the school board.

> I notice you didn't make
> the mistake of putting in 'Congressional' or using the work 'Won'.

That would be like a draftee claiming he won the draft lottery and
'Congressional' has very little to do with 'Honor'. :(