Metric brass flats?

Louis Ohland

Mar 19, 2010, 7:53:40 PM3/19/10
Is there a on-line metals place that has metric dimensioned brass
rectangular stock? I would rather not machine the steadyrest fingers
from imperial stock since it's going to result in a bunch of brass filings.

Robert Swinney

Mar 20, 2010, 1:28:39 PM3/20/10
A lot of them do.

Bob Swinney

Louis Ohland

Mar 20, 2010, 2:05:01 PM3/20/10

Name one.

Pete Keillor

Mar 20, 2010, 3:16:19 PM3/20/10
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:05:01 -0500, Louis Ohland <ohl...@charter.net>
wrote:

http://www.metricmetal.com/

Louis Ohland

Mar 20, 2010, 3:28:10 PM3/20/10

Yup. Another RFQ. I want perhaps a meter of 8mm square stock.

Jim Wilkins

Mar 20, 2010, 7:42:03 PM3/20/10
On Mar 20, 3:28 pm, Louis Ohland <ohl...@charter.net> wrote:

> Yup. Another RFQ. I want perhaps a meter of 8mm square stock.

Is 5/16" close enough?

jsw

Wes

Mar 20, 2010, 8:59:30 PM3/20/10
Jim Wilkins <kb1...@gmail.com> wrote:

And for that, 8951K23 at mcmaster is 22.68 for 6 feet.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Louis Ohland

Mar 21, 2010, 10:22:17 AM3/21/10
On 3/20/2010 19:59, Wes wrote:

> Jim Wilkins<kb1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yup. Another RFQ. I want perhaps a meter of 8mm square stock.
>>
>> Is 5/16" close enough?

> And for that, 8951K23 at mcmaster is 22.68 for 6 feet.

8mm is .3150, 5/16 is .3125

Makes me feel like I'm conducting brain surgery on a paper cut. How will
the chinese ever forgive me for .0025" of slop?

Jim Wilkins

Mar 21, 2010, 10:26:54 AM3/21/10
On Mar 21, 10:22 am, Louis Ohland <ohl...@charter.net> wrote:

> 8mm is .3150, 5/16 is .3125
>
> Makes me feel like I'm conducting brain surgery on a paper cut. How will
> the chinese ever forgive me for .0025" of slop?

You expect the stock to be that accurate?

jsw

Wes

Mar 31, 2010, 8:25:00 PM3/31/10
Louis Ohland <ohl...@charter.net> wrote:

Probably no chance that it (stock) would be on the plus side of tolerance ;(

Charlie Rowe

Apr 1, 2010, 3:09:50 PM4/1/10
Ditto
I need about 1 meter of 12 mm square brass stock, no luck at any of my
usual suppliers. I'll probably try to settle for 7/16 " (11.11mm), but I'd
be very grateful if anyone has a reasonably priced source for the metric
size in the US.