Hello to all.please read my post and give your answers

vinay

Jul 29, 2007, 1:34:33 AM7/29/07
Hello to all.I am vinay from India.i want a laser cutter for cutting
of hard granite stone with the depth of 1to2feet's.that must be carry
bull in a bag.please tell me were that type of lasers will be
available.

Gunner

Jul 29, 2007, 9:08:06 AM7/29/07
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 05:34:33 -0000, vinay <vinay...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Lazers dont have enough power. What you need is a Dilithium Phaser

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Phaser_rifle

Glad to have been of help

Gunner

Carl Byrns

Jul 29, 2007, 10:54:51 AM7/29/07

"Gunner" <Gun...@nospam.lightspeed.net> wrote in message

I understand the power packs work great in model airplanes.

-Carl
--
The future isn't what it used to be.

JR North

Jul 29, 2007, 11:18:54 AM7/29/07
Cockpit doors have a laser refracting panel inside. Back to your box of
wires and fertilizer.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

dav1936531

Jul 29, 2007, 9:57:35 PM7/29/07
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:08:06 GMT, Gunner
<Gun...@nospam.lightspeed.net> wrote:

>Lazers dont have enough power. What you need is a Dilithium Phaser
>
>http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Phaser_rifle
>
>Glad to have been of help
>Gunner

But in that one episode with those creepy looking dudes with the giant
pulsating heads, they shot through the stone door of the underground
bunker with the regular HAND HELD phasers......so I think that should
be all he needs. No sense in getting more tool then is required for
the job.

Or he could get some of that rock eating acid released by those giant
mushroom cap looking creatures that cut their own tunnels on that
planet where the mining operation was encroaching on their habitat.
The ones that were killing all the red shirted extras that beamed down
from the Enterprise with Spock and Kirk. That shit works great. Those
creatures could bore tunnels through solid rock at a rate of miles per
minute.

I am sure if he contacts someone at the Federation, they can get him
some of that acid. That would be the way I'd go, because that acid
makes perfectly smooth cuts.
Dave

Michael A. Terrell

Jul 30, 2007, 12:45:19 AM7/30/07
dav1936531 wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:08:06 GMT, Gunner
> <Gun...@nospam.lightspeed.net> wrote:
>
> >Lazers dont have enough power. What you need is a Dilithium Phaser
> >
> >http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Phaser_rifle
> >
> >Glad to have been of help
> >Gunner
>
> But in that one episode with those creepy looking dudes with the giant
> pulsating heads, they shot through the stone door of the underground
> bunker with the regular HAND HELD phasers......so I think that should
> be all he needs. No sense in getting more tool then is required for
> the job.

You didn't watch too close. They used a heavy duty tripod mounted
rifle to burn away the rock. The hand phasers were used against the
aliens to get back to the surface of the planet.

http://www.scifilm.org/tv/startrek/startrek16.html

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Gunner Asch

Jul 30, 2007, 2:44:20 AM7/30/07

The Horta. I remember..Momma Horta was protecting her chillins.

Spock did the mind meld thingy..and they whipped up a Capitalist deal
to trade mining for MTV and Mt. Dew and a life time subscription to
Better Homes and Garden.

I wonder what in Bophal would interest a Horta? Curry?

Gunner

dav1936531

Jul 30, 2007, 7:13:31 AM7/30/07
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 04:45:19 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
<mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>dav1936531 wrote:
>> But in that one episode with those creepy looking dudes with the giant
>> pulsating heads, they shot through the stone door of the underground
>> bunker with the regular HAND HELD phasers......so I think that should
>> be all he needs. No sense in getting more tool then is required for
>> the job.

> You didn't watch too close. They used a heavy duty tripod mounted
>rifle to burn away the rock. The hand phasers were used against the
>aliens to get back to the surface of the planet.
>http://www.scifilm.org/tv/startrek/startrek16.html

Yeah....those are the guys I was refering to. The ones with the GIANT
asses on their heads.

Are you sure that was a tripod mounted phaser rifle? Cause they blew
open the door but the mind control of the aliens made everyone think
the door was still intact.

But I know Captain Pike wanted to go back there to get with that fine
foxy chick who was actually a freaky old hag, except that the alien
mind control made him think she was a stone hottie. To go where no man
has gone before.

And Spock almost got his ass executed for mutiny.
Dave

dav1936531

Jul 30, 2007, 8:18:49 AM7/30/07

That's them. They killed a bunch of the Enterprise crew.

Ever notice how, when they beamed down a landing party, you could just
look at those poor saps and say: "well, that one is gonna die". Always
some third rate "actor" probably culled from some giant casting call
waiting for his "big break" in Hollywood. Suckers were probably all
waiting tables......until they got their big TV debut and got fried by
some type of death beam right after they landed and fanned out on the
alien planet.

The red shirt guys. I wonder if any of them did make it big in TV or
movies?
Dave

Joseph Gwinn

Jul 30, 2007, 10:10:08 AM7/30/07
In article <2ahra31ol022lg0t5...@4ax.com>,
dav1936531 <dav19...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 04:45:19 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
> <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >dav1936531 wrote:
> >> But in that one episode with those creepy looking dudes with the giant
> >> pulsating heads, they shot through the stone door of the underground
> >> bunker with the regular HAND HELD phasers......so I think that should
> >> be all he needs. No sense in getting more tool then is required for
> >> the job.
>
> > You didn't watch too close. They used a heavy duty tripod mounted
> >rifle to burn away the rock. The hand phasers were used against the
> >aliens to get back to the surface of the planet.
> >http://www.scifilm.org/tv/startrek/startrek16.html
>
> Yeah....those are the guys I was refering to. The ones with the GIANT
> asses on their heads.
>
> Are you sure that was a tripod mounted phaser rifle? Cause they blew
> open the door but the mind control of the aliens made everyone think
> the door was still intact.

If I recall, it was more like a cannon, and was somehow tied to the
ship's main power source. It was not a hand weapon of any kind, and was
portable in the sense that a 105 mm howitzer is portable.

> But I know Captain Pike wanted to go back there to get with that fine
> foxy chick who was actually a freaky old hag, except that the alien
> mind control made him think she was a stone hottie. To go where no man
> has gone before.

It also made her think the same. In the last scene, the capt asks the
aliens to give the hag back her illusion; this was granted.

Joe Gwinn

Gunner Asch

Jul 30, 2007, 11:47:56 AM7/30/07
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:18:49 GMT, dav1936531 <dav19...@nowhere.com>
wrote:

They are "Spear Carriers" which in movie parlance, is the expendable
personel who always buy the farm in the battle scenes.
I know a couple stunt guys and extras who have made their careers out
of being able to die well on the silver screen.

Gunner

pyotr filipivich

Jul 31, 2007, 8:45:38 AM7/31/07
After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAM.earthlink.net> wrote on Mon, 30 Jul 2007
15:47:56 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

>On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:18:49 GMT, dav1936531 <dav19...@nowhere.com>
>wrote:
>>>That's them. They killed a bunch of the Enterprise crew.
>>
>>Ever notice how, when they beamed down a landing party, you could just
>>look at those poor saps and say: "well, that one is gonna die". Always
>>some third rate "actor" probably culled from some giant casting call
>>waiting for his "big break" in Hollywood. Suckers were probably all
>>waiting tables......until they got their big TV debut and got fried by
>>some type of death beam right after they landed and fanned out on the
>>alien planet.
>>
>>The red shirt guys. I wonder if any of them did make it big in TV or
>>movies?
>>Dave
>
>They are "Spear Carriers" which in movie parlance, is the expendable
>personel who always buy the farm in the battle scenes.
>I know a couple stunt guys and extras who have made their careers out
>of being able to die well on the silver screen.

I knew of a guy who was "Fourth Man Through Door". His career goal was
to work up to "Third Man Through Door" and then maybe get a line if
things really worked out. But in the mean time "4th guy through door"
paid the bills. At least he was on TV.

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
We now return you to something called reality.

David R. Birch

Aug 2, 2007, 10:53:40 PM8/2/07

I always called these guys or gals "expendable ensigns." I think it
was a special Star Fleet rating (EE) for the ones who got into the
Academy as legacies, or just barely passed the finals. Restocking
occurred when at a Star Base, they were kept in cold sleep.

Or not.

David

David R. Birch

Aug 2, 2007, 10:56:32 PM8/2/07
to vinay

Lasers are not the best tool for your needs, research "water jet". NOT
"carry bull in a bag." You could carry a 4 pack of Red Bull in a bag,
though.

David

Gunner

Aug 2, 2007, 3:23:07 AM8/2/07

There wewre several SciFi flicks where ensigns were in a mad panic the
moment the shit hit the fan, as they had read and watched old
movies..and they knew ensigns always got their shit scattered..and
predictibly..got their shit scattered before the end of the movie.

Gunner