Glassware painting - info required

louis...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
Hi

I am very interested in glass painting but I am uncertain as to how I go
about getting involved - materials to use etc and would really appreciate it
if anyone out there would be so kind as to give me a gentle push in the right
direction!

Thanks

Louise

Rae

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
Louise,

What kind of glass paints are you looking for? The kind that need to be
fired on in a kiln, baked in the oven, or just paint that will adhere to
glass?

RAE

louis...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98

Paint that will adhere to the glass - I'm only a beginner so I guess this
would be the easiest place to start for me - wouldn't it?

Rae

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
I guess that would depend on what you are trying to do. If you don't have a
kiln then the bake on and glass paint would be your only choice. I've been
to Michael's and they have the paints that adhere to glass and the bake on
kind too. They also have stencils. I tried the paints from Michael's and
they didn't accomplish what I wanted to do and I went on to the kiln fired
paints. I hope some of this made some sense.

RAE

Urick

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98

Rae wrote in message ...

I've had much success using Delta "Perm Enamel" for Tiles, Glass,
Ceramics -- and especially for personalizing coffee mugs. I use
"Armour Etch" for etching glass including clear glass coffee
mugs, bottles, flower vases, mirrors, etc. No baking required
but does require a 'curing' time before 'dishwasher safe'....
Most important is the kind of stencil you use.....

Be sure to use a new stencil product called "PhotoEz" for making
your own reusable stencils..... A product similar to silkscreen
but does not require chemicals or special equipment (sunlight or
daylight type fluorescent lamps & water to rinse - that's all!).
Stencils are easy to make; print out a design on ordinary
printer paper (transparencies are best), place the design over a
piece of 'PhotoEz', place under a daylight fluorescent lamp or
outside in sunlight for specified time, rinse under ordinary
water, and 'SHAZAMM'.....ready to use stencil. Stencils are very
flexible and can be used over and over with any type stencil
paint. Their web site is still under construction but you can
order product or get additional info:

http://www.cbridge.com/

Rae

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
Urick,

Are the stencils available in stores?

RAE

Urick

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98

Rae wrote in message ...
>Urick,
>
>Are the stencils available in stores?
>
>RAE

Sorry.......not yet....

The product was just introduced after more than a year of
development. First public showing was just two weeks ago when
'PhotoEz' was introduced at a crafts show in San Mateo,
California where it received rave reviews...

Also see their add on page 33 of the "Crafts 'n Things"
'Christmas Crafts Countdown' magazine.

Visit their web site for on-line ordering.......
http://www.cbridge.com/

J B

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
I'm very intrigued by these new stencils. Has anyone had hands on
experience using them, particularly on glass? How much detail is
possible? And where can they be purchased?

Joan
Beadnik Jewelry Creations
Connecticut

Urich

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98

If you're asking about 'PhotoEz' stencil technology then the
only 'hands on' experience thus far are the dozen or so 'Beta'
testers (including me). The product was just released to the
public couple weeks ago.

The resolution is very high but can't give you actual figures.
Fine lines do come out very well. You might e-mail them from
their web site for actual figures ( http://www.cbridge.com/ ).

PhotoEz works especially well on glass and ceramics -- round
surfaces such as coffee mugs, wine bottles, etc. -- because it's
very flexible. Actually it's made of the same material as silk
screen but requires no chemicals or special equipment -- and NO
cutting... Because 'PhotoEz' was just released from Beta testing
it has not yet arrived in retail stores. Their on-line web site
is accepting orders tho......

(NOTE: To e-mail me directly remove the -h from my address.)