Ginger

Andrew McMichael

Dec 21, 1991, 11:08:14 AM12/21/91
re: labels in dishwashers- i have been washing my bottles in the dish-
washer for a while now and have had no problems whatsoever. i use
b-brite in place of detergent.

re: corn sugar... i used corn sugar on the first batch i ever brewed
(about 2 years ago) and have never used it since. (except for priming)

re: cooling the wort.... i have been putting ice in my primary
fermenter in order to cool the wort quickly. this also provides a
'shocking' effect that i believe helps to prevent bacteria growth.

about 2 months ago i made 'toad spit stou' from TCJoHb except that i
left about 2/3 the grains in for the entire boil. what i got was a
*very* dark brew that was about 11% alcohol. i've been reading this
section for about 3 weeks now and have not really had occasion to post
anything. i was wondering if there is an area where people trade
recipies. if not is there anyone out there interested in e-mailing some
recipies. if so respond- amcm...@gmuvax2.gmu.edu