3 level brewing system

Hellvis Presley

Jan 26, 2002, 12:26:32 AM1/26/02
Im at the point in the the hobby where I feel I need to build a 3 level
brewing system. Anyone have ideas about a framework that will not require
welding? I would very much like information about the ones built by members
of this group.

Any links or replys would be welcome

Cheers

Hellvis

JW

Jan 26, 2002, 6:30:19 AM1/26/02
Hellvis,

On my website I maintain a list of over 50 homebreweries. The included
photo's should give you a quick impression which of those might be of
interest to you:
http://www.barleys.nl/thuisbrouwerijen.htm.

BTW Are you determined to build a 3 level system? I suppose that's for
gravity reasons. If you add just one pump you don't need the multi-level
setup anymore and end up with a much simpler framework. Several examples of
that are on the list, too.

Enjoy!

Grtz, JW

"Hellvis Presley" <Hel...@io.com> schreef in bericht

SMKRANZ

Jan 26, 2002, 8:00:08 AM1/26/02
On our homebrew club's web site (see below, and go to the Publications page)
you will find photos and drawings for a collapsable brewing rack which I
designed and built for use out on my deck out of 2x4 lumber. It is made for
use with 10-gallon beverage coolers for hot liquor tank and mash tun, and it
uses the deck railing as a support member. The whole thing goes up in about 5
minutes, and literally collapses down as flat as a 6-ft step ladder. The one
pictured has two pieces which come apart, the front post and the very top
platform. The second generation model (not pictured) has these two pieces
attached with hinges so it is all one assembly.

Steve Kranz
Homebrewer extraordinaire, banjo player mediocaire.
Visit the Midnight Homebrewers' League web site at:
http://members.aol.com/midnightbrewers/index.htm

George Daher

Jan 26, 2002, 8:45:32 AM1/26/02
http://xb-70.com/beer/3_tier/

http://www.schoville.com/beer/brewery.html

Check out the above two links. These guys built nice systems.

--
George Daher
Katy, TX

"Hellvis Presley" <Hel...@io.com> wrote in message
> [...]

George Daher

Hardter

Jan 26, 2002, 4:47:15 PM1/26/02
It's quite a coincidence. I wanted a wooden stand for my three tier and
these are the two models that I also merged and came up with a very sturdy
and usable design. With wheels, mine easily fits into a corner of the
garage. I also prefer 3 separate propane tanks.

Steve

JW

Jan 26, 2002, 5:01:12 PM1/26/02
St. George,

Please accept my humble apologies; it has been fixed.

Grtz, JW

"George Daher" <gdaher...@daherinc.com> schreef in bericht

George Daher

George Daher

ActiveX

Jan 27, 2002, 1:06:56 PM1/27/02
George, I still can view your page.

----->ActiveX

"George Daher" <gdaher...@daherinc.com> wrote in message

John Valkenburg

Jan 27, 2002, 10:42:00 PM1/27/02
Awesome link. I'm at this kind of decision point, too, so this is a huge
help.

MDixon

Jan 28, 2002, 8:36:30 AM1/28/02

> Thank you, I appreciate it.

Hey George, why are you worried about a cheap conical and inexpensive valves
when you got a Mercedes in the driveway. I'd have expected you to get one
of these brewing systems http://www.braxonia.de/e_index.htm ;)

Cheers,
Mike

ActiveX