Approval ratings not the best...

1 view

John H

Dec 14, 2009, 4:40:31 PM12/14/09
There must be a lot of stupid people in the USA, 'cause 'Bama's
approval ratings aren't looking too good. Seems like folks just don't
appreciate all the great things he is doing for his country, like
trying to sell it out at Copenhagen.

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday
shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that
Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-two percent
(42%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index
rating of -18."

http://tinyurl.com/5tnd2b
--

John H

nom=de=plume

Dec 14, 2009, 5:12:18 PM12/14/09
"John H" <salmo...@gmail.dotcom> wrote in message

It might be from the same set of polls that were on Fox...

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/12/08/fox-poll-120/

--
Nom=de=Plume

Tim

Dec 14, 2009, 5:32:04 PM12/14/09
On Dec 14, 4:12 pm, "nom=de=plume" <nom...@plume.invalid> wrote:
> "John H" <salmonb...@gmail.dotcom> wrote in message

Look at this, though.

Fox gave a higher aproval rating pn 12-09 then Cnn did on 12-03

http://www.pollingreport.com/obama_job.htm

Tim

Dec 14, 2009, 5:33:22 PM12/14/09
On Dec 14, 4:12 pm, "nom=de=plume" <nom...@plume.invalid> wrote:
> "John H" <salmonb...@gmail.dotcom> wrote in message

or Fox got theirs from Rasmussen

Steve B

Dec 14, 2009, 5:41:09 PM12/14/09

"John H" <salmo...@gmail.dotcom> wrote in message

More crap put out by the right wing extremists in a bid for a
Limbaugh/Hannity or Palin/Levin ticket in '12. The poll I saw was a 109%
approval rating for Obama. It was taken as an exit poll at a Democrat
dinner, and some people were polled twice because they were drunk and forgot
they were polled the first time, hence the +9%. And that does not even
include the interviews held at the cemetery.

Obama is going good depending on who you listen to.

Steve

nom=de=plume

Dec 14, 2009, 5:56:27 PM12/14/09
"Tim" <tsch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It must have been a momentary lapse, since we know they're "fair and
balanced."

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume

Dec 14, 2009, 5:58:30 PM12/14/09
"Tim" <tsch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I have a friend who only looks at Rasmussen. It pretty clearly has a
right-leaning bias. It always seems to be one of the outliers.
--
Nom=de=Plume

Tim

Dec 14, 2009, 6:06:12 PM12/14/09
On Dec 14, 4:58 pm, "nom=de=plume" <nom...@plume.invalid> wrote:
> "Tim" <tschna...@gmail.com> wrote in message

OK, If you dont' like Rasmussen then what poll IS truely fair and
balanced that cuts right down the middle, and not to the left or the
right?

Jack

Dec 14, 2009, 6:16:23 PM12/14/09

Heh, heh... Tim. You don't actually expect a clear response to that,
do you? She only gives vacuous responses, and makes feeble attempts
to put down other's posts. There's nothing there worth engaging...
unless you're really bored.

It's a more female version of donnie.

nom=de=plume

Dec 14, 2009, 6:27:08 PM12/14/09
"Tim" <tsch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I think they need to be looked at as an average. CNN does something like
that with its poll of polls.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume

Dec 14, 2009, 6:28:06 PM12/14/09
"Jack" <threep...@live.com> wrote in message

Heh, heh. You're having trouble competing with an "average" woman.

--
Nom=de=Plume

thunder

Dec 14, 2009, 6:45:29 PM12/14/09
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:58:30 -0800, nom=de=plume wrote:

> I have a friend who only looks at Rasmussen. It pretty clearly has a
> right-leaning bias. It always seems to be one of the outliers.

Yup:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/

John H

Dec 14, 2009, 7:00:39 PM12/14/09
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:16:23 -0800 (PST), Jack <threep...@live.com>
wrote:

Bingo. You win.
--

John H

nom=de=plume

Dec 14, 2009, 7:17:02 PM12/14/09
"thunder" <thunder...@gti.net> wrote in message

Thus, if you remove the outliers (both right and left), you're left with a
more rational view..

--
Nom=de=Plume

Don White

Dec 14, 2009, 7:25:56 PM12/14/09

"Jack" <threep...@live.com> wrote in message

You been treating those 'Palm Sisters' ok Jackoff?
I'm guessing they deserve something special for Christmas after all the
abuse you've given them.

Tim

Dec 14, 2009, 8:08:42 PM12/14/09

USA Today/Gallup 12/11 - 12/13 1025 A 49 46 +3

Rasmussen Reports 12/11 - 12/13 1500 LV 44 55 -11

Gallup 12/11 - 12/13 1547 A 48 42 +6

Marist 12/2 - 12/7 858 RV 46 44 +2

Ipsos/McClatchy 12/3 - 12/6 1120 A 49 49 Tie

Quinnipiac 12/1 - 12/6 2313 RV 46 44 +2

CNN/Opinion Research 12/2 - 12/3 1041 A 48 50 -2

John H

Dec 14, 2009, 8:17:04 PM12/14/09
There are even some folks right here who think Obama is doing good.
--

John H

nom=de=plume

Dec 14, 2009, 8:29:56 PM12/14/09

> There are even some folks right here who think Obama is doing good.
> --
>
> John H

And, some folks who think he's doing well.

--
Nom=de=Plume

TopBassDog

Dec 14, 2009, 9:33:47 PM12/14/09

Your President Obama has the largest presidential approval ratings
freefall. Obama has dropped 21 points in 11 months.

Former president Carter only dropped 14 points in his first 11 months.
Mr. Obama is making Carter look good.

Here are inauguration day approval numbers, December numbers, and the
change from inauguration day until December for each of the presidents

IKE 66 60 -6
KENNEDY 72 78 6
NIXON 60 60 0
CARTER 69 55 -14
REAGAN 53 49 -4
BUSH 1 63 70 7
CLINTON 55 55 0
BUSH 2 59 85 26
OBAMA 68 47 -21

The above numbers are from Gallup poll data.

nom=de=plume

Dec 14, 2009, 10:17:57 PM12/14/09
Then, I suggest you vote for Palin in 2012.

"TopBassDog" <topba...@gmail.com> wrote in message

--
Nom=de=Plume

TopBassDog

Dec 15, 2009, 12:20:32 AM12/15/09
On Dec 14, 9:17 pm, "nom=de=plume" <nom...@plume.invalid> wrote:
> Then, I suggest you vote for Palin in 2012.

Why?

H the K (I post with a Mac)

Dec 15, 2009, 6:38:05 AM12/15/09

He is doing very well. He's living in a very special house with his
lovely wife,two beautiful children and a permanent house guest, His
illegal aunt from Kenya. He's making a good salary and is set for life
with pension, and paid medical. Yes, he is doing well, but I'm sad to
say he isn't doing much of anything good.

--

Imagine being such a worthless p.o.s. that you post on usenet using
someone else's ID

BAR

Dec 15, 2009, 6:56:41 AM12/15/09
In article <ZMSdnQMGUuKEU7vW...@posted.gtinet>,
thunder...@gti.net says...

Out-lier or ahead of the curve?

John H

Dec 15, 2009, 9:01:14 AM12/15/09

OK, Gallup Poll...wonder if they get their numbers from Fox News.
They'll get accused of it shortly, right here on rec.boats.

Anyway, I'm sorry to see the pitiful drop in numbers for my President
Barack Hussein Obama. This means that the country is taking it in the
ass...

,... and, not as importantly, the population has noticed.
--

John H

John H

Dec 15, 2009, 9:04:00 AM12/15/09

Come on, Dog, give us a break. She finally said something sensible and
you question it. Hell that's the brightest thing I've seen quoted from
her all month.
--

John H

Loogypicker

Dec 15, 2009, 10:34:50 AM12/15/09

There's some folks right here that don't think Obama has done anything
right. Of course, their heads are in the sand just because they hate
anything liberal.

He's slowed down the recession that 'ush got us into
Saved Wall Street
Saved the collapse of the auto industry
Shifted the war focus from Iraq BACK TO Afghanistan where we needed to
be.
Worked to relax anti-American tensions
Closing the torture camp Gitmo
Has made the environment a national priority, and a primary source for
job creation
Made education an national priority.
Is trying to ensure that all Americans have access to health care.
Restored credibility to the American Presidency where the world is
looking to him to lead America out of unilateralism and back into
multilateral global cooperation

Anony Mouse

Dec 15, 2009, 11:19:33 AM12/15/09

"Loogypicker" <loogy...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Be sure to ask for a second helping of Kool-Ade.

Loogypicker

Dec 15, 2009, 11:24:17 AM12/15/09
On Dec 15, 11:19 am, "Anony Mouse" <x...@123.edu> wrote:
> "Loogypicker" <loogypic...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Be sure to ask for a second helping of Kool-Ade.- Hide quoted text -

Which of those do you disagree with and why? OR do you not have
anything substantial and instead resort to the Harry plan and just try
to shoot the messenger?

nom=de=plume

Dec 15, 2009, 12:03:16 PM12/15/09
"Loogypicker" <loogy...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I'm going to assume that these are rhetorical questions.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume

Dec 15, 2009, 12:03:55 PM12/15/09

On Dec 14, 9:17 pm, "nom=de=plume" <nom...@plume.invalid> wrote:
> Then, I suggest you vote for Palin in 2012.
>

>Why?

Since you seem to think Obama is so bad, the polar opposite would be Palin.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Anony Mouse

Dec 15, 2009, 2:08:55 PM12/15/09

"Loogypicker" <loogy...@gmail.com> wrote in message

All of the above. You sound like Harry - all bluster - mouthing the party
line without question. Occasionally Harry thinks for himself, at which time
he lays low for a day or so. Enough said on this topic.

John H

Dec 15, 2009, 4:00:27 PM12/15/09

Good response. Anything more is a waste of time.
--

John H

Vic Smith

Dec 15, 2009, 4:23:15 PM12/15/09
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 07:34:50 -0800 (PST), Loogypicker
<loogy...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Is trying to ensure that all Americans have access to health care.

Looks like Joe Leiberman is running that show.
Might just end up where the insurance and pharma companies get direct
access to the taxpayers' wallets through enforced and subsidized
health insurance. 30 million new policies I hear.
Like Wall Street got massively into workers' pockets with the 401k
plans.
But that was voluntary, and fits the "sucker born every minute" rule.
With enforced insurance premiums to the health insurance companies,
and taxpayer subsidies to pay them, this is a bit different.
Sweet deal for the health insurance and pharma corporations.
I'm a bit surprised Obama swings that way.
But he is the President, and can lead how he wants to.

--Vic

Bill McKee

Dec 15, 2009, 4:52:33 PM12/15/09

"nom=de=plume" <nom=d...@plume.invalid> wrote in message

palin is not the President, and she should be more closely compared the
VEEP. Biden. Talk about the Peter Principal.

Vic Smith

Dec 15, 2009, 4:54:35 PM12/15/09
<loogy...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Closing the torture camp Gitmo

Lucky for Obama that Rod Blagojevich isn't around to cut that Illinois
prison deal. Barrack probably got a good deal for the feds.
Blago would have got a better deal for Illinoisans - think that's how
you call us, if we're from Illinois.
Would have made that Landreau gal from Louisiana look like a piker.
I suspect Blago would have started the negotiations at maybe 5 big
ones. Yeah, $5 billion. That's what I'm talking about.

--Vic

jps

Dec 15, 2009, 5:12:35 PM12/15/09

And the negotiations would have concluded with the feds offering to
not send him to jail for extortion in exchange for free terrorist
housing.

He would get to keep his hair.

Vic Smith

Dec 15, 2009, 5:19:33 PM12/15/09

Hey. Lay off Rod. It's not nice what you're saying.

--Vic

John H

Dec 15, 2009, 5:52:54 PM12/15/09

Here's a quick breakout of the '45 million uninsured' we keep hearing
about from the liberal press.

http://tinyurl.com/y95lema

Wonder if 30 million will pick up policies in lieu of jail time?
--

John H

jps

Dec 15, 2009, 6:01:55 PM12/15/09
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:19:33 -0600, Vic Smith
<thismaila...@comcast.net> wrote:

Okay, he might have gotten the Feds to pay for food.

Canuck57

Dec 15, 2009, 8:08:35 PM12/15/09
John H wrote:

> There must be a lot of stupid people in the USA, 'cause 'Bama's
> approval ratings aren't looking too good. Seems like folks just don't
> appreciate all the great things he is doing for his country, like
> trying to sell it out at Copenhagen.

Maybe more are seeing big mouth talk a lot deliver little but debt Obama
for what he is. Obama makes a snake-oil salesman look good.

> "The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday
> shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that
> Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-two percent
> (42%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index
> rating of -18."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5tnd2b

People do learn. Just takes time.

nom=de=plume

Dec 16, 2009, 2:06:56 AM12/16/09
"Bill McKee" <bmckee...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Exactly my point. Palin is not the President (or VP) THANK GOD!

--
Nom=de=Plume

CalifBill

Dec 16, 2009, 2:26:04 AM12/16/09

"nom=de=plume" <nom=d...@plume.invalid> wrote in message

Unfortunately we have what we got.

Loogypicker

Dec 16, 2009, 9:13:17 AM12/16/09
> he lays low for a day or so. Enough said on this topic.- Hide quoted text -

Please read the question again. I specifically asked:

nom=de=plume

Dec 16, 2009, 10:52:41 AM12/16/09
"CalifBill" <bmcke...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Seems like he's trying to fix the mess Bush left. So, compared to what we
could have gotten, I'm pretty happy. Of course, the "compared to" isn't
saying much.

At least he has a functioning brain.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Vic Smith

Dec 16, 2009, 4:02:49 PM12/16/09
<loogy...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Shifted the war focus from Iraq BACK TO Afghanistan where we needed to
>be.

Just heard that Obama is increasing the war contractor ranks to
unprecedented levels.
Guy who wrote the Blackwater book was talking on MSNBC.
Said both Obama and Hillary were railing about them when they were
campaigning. Now Blackwater guards Hillary when she's overseas.
Calls them "War Corporations." There's about 600 of the corporations,
doing everything from cooking to fighting for the military. Big
money.
Said it'll stay that way without bringing the draft back.
Just what he said, as I don't know the details.
Wish there had been a Blackwater chef on my Navy can.
Surely would have been an improvement in the cuisine.
<fart> Just had a big bowl of Navy bean soup my wife brought home
from work. Now she's a cook. Blackwater or Navy can't touch her.

--Vic

Bill McKee

Dec 16, 2009, 4:13:20 PM12/16/09

"nom=de=plume" <nom=d...@plume.invalid> wrote in message

But it is functioning more as a conduit for crap ideas.

nom=de=plume

Dec 16, 2009, 4:54:21 PM12/16/09
"Bill McKee" <bmckee...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Sort of like yours?

--
Nom=de=Plume

Harry

Dec 16, 2009, 4:59:32 PM12/16/09

McKee is a reconstructed "dixiecrat" who didn't get the memo about
switching to the GOP.

TopBassDog

Dec 16, 2009, 9:17:25 PM12/16/09
On Dec 16, 3:59 pm, Harry <naled24...@mypacks.net> wrote:
> On 12/16/09 4:54 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:
>

> > "Bill McKee"<bmckeespam...@ix.netcom.com>  wrote in message
>
> >> "nom=de=plume"<nom...@plume.invalid>  wrote in message

> >> But it is functioning more as a conduit for crap ideas.
>
> > Sort of like yours?
>
> McKee is a reconstructed "dixiecrat" who didn't get the memo about
> switching to the GOP.

herr Krause. What were you saying about democrats?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126100346902694549.html?mod=rss_Today%27s_Most_Popular

Bill McKee

Dec 17, 2009, 2:15:37 AM12/17/09

"Harry" <naled...@mypacks.net> wrote in message

I am an equal opportunity disliker. Both the Republicans and the Democrats
suck. At the present, the Democrats suck more as they are in control and
screwing us big time. How about Howard Dean's take on the health care bill?

nom=de=plume

Dec 17, 2009, 2:45:01 AM12/17/09
"Bill McKee" <bmckee...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

I think Dean is right. It should be handled as best as possible with
reconciliation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconciliation_(United_States_Congress)

--
Nom=de=Plume

John H

Dec 17, 2009, 7:03:53 AM12/17/09
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 23:15:37 -0800, "Bill McKee"
<bmckee...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>I am an equal opportunity disliker. Both the Republicans and the Democrats
>suck. At the present, the Democrats suck more as they are in control and
>screwing us big time. How about Howard Dean's take on the health care bill?

Hee, hee.

The Democrats are in a free fall, but 'Bama keeps blaming the
Republicans.

Pass the popcorn.
--

Have a Blessed Chrismahanukwanzakah and a Spectacular New Year!

John H

Loogypicker

Dec 17, 2009, 9:46:09 AM12/17/09
On Dec 17, 7:03 am, John H <salmonb...@gmail.dotcom> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 23:15:37 -0800, "Bill McKee"
>
> <bmckeespam...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >I am an equal opportunity disliker.  Both the Republicans and the Democrats
> >suck.  At the present, the Democrats suck more as they are in control and
> >screwing us big time.  How about Howard Dean's take on the health care bill?
>
> Hee, hee.
>
> The Democrats are in a free fall, but 'Bama keeps blaming the
> Republicans.
>
> Pass the popcorn.
> --
>
> Have a Blessed Chrismahanukwanzakah and a Spectacular New Year!
>
> John H

Your blind hatred still won't allow you to spell your president's name
correctly, huh? That's just sad.

nom=de=plume

Dec 17, 2009, 1:24:55 PM12/17/09
"Loogypicker" <loogy...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Very sad... says a lot about John.

--
Nom=de=Plume

thunder

Dec 17, 2009, 1:40:58 PM12/17/09
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:24:55 -0800, nom=de=plume wrote:

>> Hee, hee.
>>
>> The Democrats are in a free fall, but 'Bama keeps blaming the
>> Republicans.
>>
>> Pass the popcorn.
>> --
>>
>> Have a Blessed Chrismahanukwanzakah and a Spectacular New Year!
>>
>> John H
>
>>Your blind hatred still won't allow you to spell your president's name
>>correctly, huh? That's just sad.
>

> Very sad... says a lot about John.

Yeah, and he hasn't noticed the Democrats falling numbers haven't shown a
corresponding rise in Republican numbers. I would say, what you are
seeing is a disgust in all things Washington, and they wonder why there
is voter apathy. If the Democrats don't pass adequate health care
reform, it will hurt them, but I see that as hurting the country, not
helping the "Party of No".

Harry

Dec 17, 2009, 2:12:07 PM12/17/09
In article <1Omdne4FOpOn5rfW...@posted.gtinet>,
thunder...@gti.net says...

It's going to be okay. The Democrats have me on retainer now. I'm going
to be writing some great speeches for them. They knew that I was the
best in the business. I hope the heavy hitters aren't put off by having
to come down into my basement for meetings.

--
And now...back to flajim and others who are so obsessed with me, they
use my handle here.

nom=de=plume

Dec 17, 2009, 2:26:38 PM12/17/09
"thunder" <thunder...@gti.net> wrote in message

Absolutely. And, while hurting them, it's doubtful that they'll lose either
the Senate or the House in 2010. Then, they can try again to pass something,
perhaps with reconciliation.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Message has been deleted

Harry

Dec 17, 2009, 2:34:11 PM12/17/09

I think they could and should have gone the reconciliation route from
the beginning. By now, we'd have signed legislation and laws ready to go
into effect. It's been obvious from the beginning that the republicans
were not going to sign onto anything, no matter what concessions they
were tossed.

John H

Dec 17, 2009, 2:34:22 PM12/17/09
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:40:58 -0600, thunder <thunder...@gti.net>
wrote:

Don't be too sad. I'm OK.

If the Democrats would propose an adequate health care plan, it would
probably pass. To blame the non-passage on the Republicans is very
Reid-like, but also bullshit.

If this health plan is so great, why hasn't it been made public? Why
are Republican senators prevented from seeing the bill?

Read this. It's from a liberal newspaper, so it must be true.

http://tinyurl.com/y8tlw2l

In the meantime, keep blaming the Republicans for the bill not
passing. Not even Howard Dean does that.

John H

Dec 17, 2009, 2:41:35 PM12/17/09
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:32:27 -0500, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:24:55 -0800, "nom=de=plume"

>I will point out, you reap what you sow.
>I remember the way the left mangled Bush's name.
>
>Either you respect the office or personal attacks are fine, your
>choice.

I have great respect for the office. It's the current occupant I find
somewhat problematic. I guess I'm just not in favor of the government
running everything. The Russians tried it, even added 'socialist' to
the name of their country. The folks who got ahead were not the common
folks, they were the politicians who had the good spots in the
government. Liberals just can't seem to understand that.

nom=de=plume

Dec 17, 2009, 3:21:22 PM12/17/09
<gfre...@aol.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:24:55 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
> <nom=d...@plume.invalid> wrote:
>
> I will point out, you reap what you sow.
> I remember the way the left mangled Bush's name.
>
> Either you respect the office or personal attacks are fine, your
> choice.

?? If you're saying that because one person does a bad thing, that gives
license for another to do a bad thing, I'm sorry, but that's complete bs.
It's wrong, it's certainly anti-Christian, and it's very, very
short-sighted.

I have always respected the office of the President, the office of a
senator/representative. That doesn't mean they get a get-out-of-jail free
card, like Bush and Cheney have received so far. That's quite different from
scripted screaming at a townhall meeting.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume

Dec 17, 2009, 3:23:21 PM12/17/09
"John H" <salmo...@gmail.dotcom> wrote in message

No, you're just lying. You don't have any respect for the office. If you
did, you'd refer to the current holder as President Obama vs. your
bastardization of his name. You would stand if he entered a room you were
in, and you certainly wouldn't yell _liar_ in a joint session of Congress.

Your continued lying about the "government takeover" is disgusting and
disquieting.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Loogypicker

Dec 17, 2009, 3:39:35 PM12/17/09
On Dec 17, 2:41 pm, John H <salmonb...@gmail.dotcom> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:32:27 -0500, gfretw...@aol.com wrote:
> >On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:24:55 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
> ><nom...@plume.invalid> wrote:
>
> >>"Loogypicker" <loogypic...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> John H- Hide quoted text -

There you go. Lumping all liberals into you very narrow minded
definition.

Loogypicker

Dec 17, 2009, 3:40:32 PM12/17/09
On Dec 17, 3:23 pm, "nom=de=plume" <nom...@plume.invalid> wrote:
> "John H" <salmonb...@gmail.dotcom> wrote in message

> > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:32:27 -0500, gfretw...@aol.com wrote:

> Nom=de=Plume- Hide quoted text -

That's all they have! The scare tactics of the pundits.

thunder

Dec 17, 2009, 4:16:01 PM12/17/09
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:34:22 -0500, John H wrote:

>>Yeah, and he hasn't noticed the Democrats falling numbers haven't shown
>>a corresponding rise in Republican numbers. I would say, what you are
>>seeing is a disgust in all things Washington, and they wonder why there
>>is voter apathy. If the Democrats don't pass adequate health care
>>reform, it will hurt them, but I see that as hurting the country, not
>>helping the "Party of No".
>
> Don't be too sad. I'm OK.
>
> If the Democrats would propose an adequate health care plan, it would
> probably pass. To blame the non-passage on the Republicans is very
> Reid-like, but also bullshit.
>
> If this health plan is so great, why hasn't it been made public? Why are
> Republican senators prevented from seeing the bill?
>
> Read this. It's from a liberal newspaper, so it must be true.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y8tlw2l
>
> In the meantime, keep blaming the Republicans for the bill not passing.
> Not even Howard Dean does that.

Read for content, John. I didn't blame the Republicans for the bill not
passing. The Republican party is irrelevant, and it will remain
irrelevant until they get there house in order. Pandering to their
"base", all 20% of the population, will keep them irrelevant.

John H

Dec 17, 2009, 4:56:00 PM12/17/09
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:16:01 -0600, thunder <thunder...@gti.net>
wrote:

You're right. I misread. I thought your reference to the "Party of No"
was a jab at Republicans. But it seems as if the Democrats are doing
it to themselves.

If the Democrats would propose an adequate health care bill it would
pass with support from both sides. It would also stand the test of
daylight.

thunder

Dec 17, 2009, 5:33:23 PM12/17/09
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:56:00 -0500, John H wrote:

> If the Democrats would propose an adequate health care bill it would
> pass with support from both sides. It would also stand the test of
> daylight.

Garbage. "If we’re able to stop Obama on this it will be his Waterloo.
It will break him." Want to guess who said that? It doesn't sound much
like they are interested in health care, just interested in defeating
Obama.

John H

Dec 17, 2009, 5:40:33 PM12/17/09
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:33:23 -0600, thunder <thunder...@gti.net>
wrote:

I don't know and don't care. Nor do I agree with the comment.

I stand by the comment I made above. The key word is 'adequate', which
doesn't mean hidden or hurried. (Neither of which you seem willing to
address.)

--

Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!

John H

nom=de=plume

Dec 17, 2009, 6:56:07 PM12/17/09
"John H" <salmo...@gmail.dotcom> wrote in message

The current batch of Republicans in Congress have no interest in reform.
They've shown this over and over to be the case.

The current batch of Democrats in Congress have no spine.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Bill McKee

Dec 17, 2009, 7:58:20 PM12/17/09

"nom=de=plume" <nom=d...@plume.invalid> wrote in message

If they pass this pile of crap "health care" bill, I see a lot of them being
unemployed after the next election. And I am starting to hear that the
congress critters are coming to grips with the same thing. 61%+ of the
people think this bill is crap, and unless the congress critters can get
enough money from the lobbiests to retire, they are going to abandon this
thing.

nom=de=plume

Dec 17, 2009, 8:05:22 PM12/17/09
"Bill McKee" <bmckee...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

I doubt the percentage is so high. There's no clear idea in the public's
mind of what's in the bill, thanks to the right. There several good things
in there, but it doesn't go anywhere far enough. There will be repercussions
for the Dems if they don't pass something meaningful. And, the Reps are not
benefiting politically, since they're so extreme.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Eisboch

Dec 17, 2009, 8:11:01 PM12/17/09

> I think Dean is right. It should be handled as best as possible with
> reconciliation.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconciliation_(United_States_Congress)
>
> --
> Nom=de=Plume

My understanding is that the reconciliation process is after a bill is
approved and is then
negotiated and adjusted with consideration to budgets. You can't have
reconciliation on the
pertinent points of a bill during the voting process. There's nothing to
reconciliate. (if that's a word)

Eisboch

Rob

Dec 17, 2009, 8:23:40 PM12/17/09
It's reconcile, but who's counting?

Rob

Harry

Dec 17, 2009, 8:27:54 PM12/17/09

"Reconciliate" is indeed a word, though a tad obscure. You can find it
in a proper dictionary.

Eisboch

Dec 17, 2009, 8:54:03 PM12/17/09

"Harry" <naled...@mypacks.net> wrote in message

That's me. Obscure.

Harry

Dec 17, 2009, 8:55:57 PM12/17/09

Better to be obscure than familiar.

nom=de=plume

Dec 17, 2009, 8:58:53 PM12/17/09
"Eisboch" <not...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Actually, you can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconciliation_(United_States_Congress)

The Byrd Rule (which is supposed to limit its use) is just a convention,
which has been ignored before.

--
Nom=de=Plume

John H

Dec 18, 2009, 8:00:50 AM12/18/09
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:54:03 -0500, "Eisboch" <not...@nowhere.com>
wrote:

Well, you have been. But the plum can use some folks to argue with
her.

Good to see you're back.
--

Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!

John H

Loogypicker

Dec 18, 2009, 8:39:10 AM12/18/09
On Dec 17, 8:55 pm, Harry <naled24...@mypacks.net> wrote:
> On 12/17/09 8:54 PM, Eisboch wrote:
>

> > "Harry"<naled24...@mypacks.net>  wrote in message

> >> "Reconciliate" is indeed a word, though a tad obscure. You can find it in
> >> a proper dictionary.
>
> > That's me.  Obscure.
>
> Better to be obscure than familiar.- Hide quoted text -

Why don't YOU go be obscure instead of familiar then? Most of us here
would like that.

Loogypicker

Dec 18, 2009, 8:40:20 AM12/18/09
On Dec 17, 8:23 pm, Rob <R...@itsgmail1701.com> wrote:
> Eisboch wrote:
> > "nom=de=plume"<nom...@plume.invalid>  wrote in message
> Rob- Hide quoted text -

Don the rec.boats keystone cop of typos and spelling, that's who!

Loogypicker

Dec 18, 2009, 8:41:50 AM12/18/09

Yes, indeed! That is all most of the republicans want. Hateful,
bigoted, intolerant.

Harry

Dec 18, 2009, 9:00:56 AM12/18/09
In article <686cae30-6816-4252-af98-75c3b1794408
@b15g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, loogy...@gmail.com says...

> On Dec 17, 8:55ï¿œpm, Harry <naled24...@mypacks.net> wrote:
> > On 12/17/09 8:54 PM, Eisboch wrote:
> >

> > > "Harry"<naled24...@mypacks.net> ï¿œwrote in message

> > > That's me. ï¿œObscure.

> > Better to be obscure than familiar.- Hide quoted text -

> Why don't YOU go be obscure instead of familiar then? Most of us here
> would like that.

Because rec.boats is all I have, little schitt.

--
And now...back to flajim and others who are so obsessed with me, they
use my handle here.

I am Tosk

Dec 18, 2009, 10:28:29 AM12/18/09
In article <07536aba-258a-429a-8b0a-a6eaa61e2f10
@a21g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>, loogy...@gmail.com says...

You are the one who breaks everything into "liberal vs. conservative".
Take a look back..

I am Tosk

Dec 18, 2009, 10:32:00 AM12/18/09
In article <s2ali5lf10lq3j06t...@4ax.com>,
salmo...@gmail.dotcom says...

I am sorry but it bugs me big time that no democrats are concerned about
the secret meetings and the lack of any time to review the biggest bill
in history. That has got to set off bells with even the lowest level
thinkers...

I am Tosk

Dec 18, 2009, 10:32:51 AM12/18/09
In article <3sOdnYkJi8MuLLfW...@posted.gtinet>,
thunder...@gti.net says...

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:56:00 -0500, John H wrote:
>

> > If the Democrats would propose an adequate health care bill it would
> > pass with support from both sides. It would also stand the test of
> > daylight.
>
> Garbage. "If we?re able to stop Obama on this it will be his Waterloo.
> It will break him." Want to guess who said that? It doesn't sound much
> like they are interested in health care, just interested in defeating
> Obama.

Who said that? Rush? Really man, stop listening to blather radio... We
don't...

Harry

Dec 18, 2009, 10:32:43 AM12/18/09
On 12/18/09 10:28 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
> In article<07536aba-258a-429a-8b0a-a6eaa61e2f10
> @a21g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>, loogy...@gmail.com says...

This is really funny...you, loogy, herring, and bilious bill...the
dumbed down horsemen of the apocalypse of the eternally stupid.

Harry

Dec 18, 2009, 10:34:10 AM12/18/09

Why are you concerned? You don't have health insurance.

I am Tosk

Dec 18, 2009, 10:36:03 AM12/18/09
In article <9b703227-7553-4759-867f-14cd605552a9
@b15g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, loogy...@gmail.com says...

> On Dec 17, 5:33ï¿œpm, thunder <thunderTAKE...@gti.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:56:00 -0500, John H wrote:
> > > If the Democrats would propose an adequate health care bill it would
> > > pass with support from both sides. It would also stand the test of
> > > daylight.
> >
> > Garbage. ᅵ"If we?re able to stop Obama on this it will be his Waterloo.
> > It will break him." ï¿œWant to guess who said that? ï¿œIt doesn't sound much

> > like they are interested in health care, just interested in defeating
> > Obama.
>
> Yes, indeed! That is all most of the republicans want. Hateful,
> bigoted, intolerant.

Yeah, yeah, that's it, someone said it so it's how "you folks" all
feel!! Yeah, that's the ticket!!! <snerk>

Harry

Dec 18, 2009, 10:41:38 AM12/18/09
On 12/18/09 10:32 AM, I am Tosk wrote:

A U.S. Senator, shit-for-brains. Jim Demint, from South Carolina, naturally.

John H

Dec 18, 2009, 10:46:53 AM12/18/09

They won't address the fact that the bill is kept hidden.

Yet they'll talk about Republicans 'blindly' doing this or that. If
pushing an unseen bill isn't 'blindly' following, then I don't know
what it.
--

Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!

John H

Harry

Dec 18, 2009, 12:03:55 PM12/18/09
In article <k9CdndMf-eA0PbbW...@earthlink.com>, naled24511
@mypacks.net says...

You are an impostor. I have guns and answer my door drawn and cocked.

Loogypicker

Dec 18, 2009, 12:09:45 PM12/18/09
On Dec 18, 10:28 am, I am Tosk <justwaitafrekinmin...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> In article <07536aba-258a-429a-8b0a-a6eaa61e2f10
> @a21g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>, loogypic...@gmail.com says...
> Take a look back..- Hide quoted text -

What in hell do you think John POSTS this political shit for, if not
for liberal vs. conservative? And that argument has NO bearing on the
fact that John lumps ALL liberals into his very narrow minded slot.
LIke this:

Liberals just can't seem to understand that.

Now you tell me, how in hell would he know what all liberals think and
understand??? I'm telling you, I'm sick of his bullshit.

Peregrine

Dec 18, 2009, 12:34:21 PM12/18/09

> Well, you have been. But the plum can use some folks to argue with
> her.
>
> Good to see you're back.
> --
>
> Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!
>
> John H

Just visiting. No boat.

Eisboch (best holiday wishes to all)

Harry

Dec 18, 2009, 12:42:30 PM12/18/09
You're both cocked. I don't post with gravity or earthlink. Get a life,
turds.

--

Imagine being such a worthless p.o.s. that you post on usenet using
someone else's ID

thunder

Dec 18, 2009, 1:06:03 PM12/18/09
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:32:00 -0500, I am Tosk wrote:

> I am sorry but it bugs me big time that no democrats are concerned about
> the secret meetings and the lack of any time to review the biggest bill
> in history. That has got to set off bells with even the lowest level
> thinkers...

Is this the first time you have paid attention to the legislative
process? Frankly, this is how it's done. It's ugly, untidy, but there's
nothing new here.

thunder

Dec 18, 2009, 1:08:08 PM12/18/09
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:32:51 -0500, I am Tosk wrote:

>> Garbage. "If we?re able to stop Obama on this it will be his Waterloo.
>> It will break him." Want to guess who said that? It doesn't sound
>> much like they are interested in health care, just interested in
>> defeating Obama.
>
> Who said that? Rush? Really man, stop listening to blather radio... We
> don't...

No, it was Senator Jim DeMint.

John H

Dec 18, 2009, 1:09:34 PM12/18/09

Interested?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l252/jherring1/Readytoroll.jpg

As you can see, it floats.

John H

Dec 18, 2009, 1:14:27 PM12/18/09
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:06:03 -0600, thunder <thunder...@gti.net>
wrote:

Bullshit. But if you have to defend them, it's as good a bullshit as
anyone puts out.

Blindly following, indeed!

Harry

Dec 18, 2009, 1:22:05 PM12/18/09

Yet another Republican moron from South Carolina. Isn't there another
secession movement going on there?

It is loading more messages.