Good Boat Painting Video

Wayne B

Mar 14, 2013, 6:45:23 AM3/14/13
Courtesy of Jamestown Distributors, one of the better sources for
marine supplies:

<http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/videoDisplay.do?videoId=1415>

The paint is Interlux Brightsides, one part polyurethane. There are
some good tips for thinning, brushing and preparation.

JustWaitAFrekinMinute

Mar 14, 2013, 7:59:51 AM3/14/13
I have used the Brightsides by Interlux before. Goes on great by hand...

Wayne B

Mar 14, 2013, 8:31:30 AM3/14/13
====

I've used it also. It looks very good if thinned properly and
applied with the right brushing technique. It takes practice to get
it right but I thought the video did a good job of pointing out some
of the basics.

JustWaitAFrekinMinute

Mar 14, 2013, 8:40:46 AM3/14/13
The best tip I can give to anybody using it is don't try to use it in
direct sunlight. And yes, I thinned mine for roll and tip, if I remember
correctly about 10% or so.... I found that if you put down a very thin
coat of epoxy and then put the brightsides over it before the epoxy
cures out, it's bond is almost unstoppable.