Jobst

Phil H

Jan 17, 2011, 1:22:13 PM1/17/11
Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
Phil H

Dan O

Jan 17, 2011, 1:37:27 PM1/17/11
On Jan 17, 10:22 am, Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
> broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?

I'll shoot some vibes for a full and speedy recovery soon - just in
case.

Duane Hebert

Jan 17, 2011, 2:25:01 PM1/17/11

No. Post when you get status.

Message has been deleted

Brad Anders

Jan 17, 2011, 4:08:50 PM1/17/11

Update for this group on what I posted in r.b.r., Jobst broke his
femur in an accident on Saturday and is in the hospital. I'll update
if/when I hear more.

Brad Anders

Nate Nagel

Jan 17, 2011, 4:25:40 PM1/17/11

yeesh. that sounds... unpleasant. here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Art Harris

Jan 17, 2011, 4:51:56 PM1/17/11
Brad Anders wrote:

> > Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
> > broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
> > Phil H
>
> Update for this group on what I posted in r.b.r., Jobst broke his
> femur in an accident on Saturday and is in the hospital. I'll update
> if/when I hear more.

Sorry to hear that and I hope he recovers fully. Any word on his bike?
There must be a couple of hundred thousand miles on that big yellow
bike.

Art Harris

Dan O

Jan 17, 2011, 5:33:50 PM1/17/11
On Jan 17, 1:25 pm, Nate Nagel <njna...@roosters.net> wrote:
> On 01/17/2011 04:08 PM, Brad Anders wrote:
>
> > On Jan 17, 11:22 am, Phil H<pholma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
> >> broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
> >> Phil H
>
> > Update for this group on what I posted in r.b.r., Jobst broke his
> > femur in an accident on Saturday and is in the hospital. I'll update
> > if/when I hear more.
>
> > Brad Anders
>
> yeesh. that sounds... unpleasant.

can be a life threat

thirty-six

Jan 17, 2011, 6:28:38 PM1/17/11

Was he wearing a helmet?

landotter

Jan 17, 2011, 6:34:19 PM1/17/11

Football pads?

Bill Sornson

Jan 17, 2011, 8:56:24 PM1/17/11
?"thirty-six" wrote in message

> Was he wearing a helmet?

Cold. (Funny, though.)

Bill "heal fast and well, JB" S.

kolldata

Jan 17, 2011, 9:08:52 PM1/17/11

old fool cooked it he did.

kolldata

Jan 17, 2011, 9:15:47 PM1/17/11
say ever try Google Blogs search in Google news for arcane cycle
info ?
http://www.google.com/search?client=news&hl=en&q=Jobst+Brandt+bicycle+accident&tbs=blg:1

andre...@aol.com

Jan 17, 2011, 9:35:46 PM1/17/11

accident was caused by his non tied and soldered wheels?

thirty-six

Jan 17, 2011, 9:40:46 PM1/17/11

I believe the magic wore off.

Jay Beattie

Jan 17, 2011, 11:22:55 PM1/17/11

Brad, any more details? I assume this was a bicycling accident?
Breaking your femur on a bike is kind of hard thing to do -- minus
getting smacked by a car. It's hard imagining a crash mode that would
result in a broken femur. A hip mabe, particularly in his
demographic. -- Jay Beattie.

James

Jan 17, 2011, 11:34:01 PM1/17/11

Unlikely perhaps, but it happened to one of our club members early last
year in a crit race. No cars involved, just the road. They shoved a
rod down inside the femur and now he's got less marrow to make blood
cells. Altogether bad news. Hope Jobst isn't in such a bad way.

JS.

raging raven

Jan 17, 2011, 11:53:13 PM1/17/11

Best wishes towards a speedy recovery to Jobst.

TriGuru55x11

Jan 18, 2011, 12:00:36 AM1/18/11

obst is a good guy I hope it was an honest accident and none of the likes
of Jim Beam or Mike Vandermann were involved.

Follow-ups set to rec.bicycles.tech and rec.bicycles.rides to facilitate
the communication of his status.

carl...@comcast.net

Jan 18, 2011, 2:03:05 AM1/18/11
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <phol...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
>broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
>Phil H

Jobst is in the Stanford ICU, which can only confirm that a patient is
there.

Room numbers change in the ICU, but the address below will work:

Stanford Hospital & Clinics
ATTN: Jobst Brandt
E2 ICU
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305

Visitors should be aware of the ICU arrangements:

E2 Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 10:00 am - 10:00 pm, every 2 hours on
the even hour for 30 minutes, guests must be over the age of 16.

http://stanfordhospital.org/forPatients/visiting.html

Carl Fogel

lime...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2011, 6:40:50 AM1/18/11

Very Best Wishes for a SPEEDY recovery, Jobst.

Lewis

*****

Jay Beattie

Jan 18, 2011, 10:17:32 AM1/18/11
On Jan 17, 11:03 pm, carlfo...@comcast.net wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com>

So Carl, do you know what happened? -- Jay Beattie.

Chip C

Jan 18, 2011, 11:17:09 AM1/18/11

Studded tires on a streetcar track did it for me. Tried to cross the
track obliquely at full speed, front wheel decided to skate along it
and I was down like a clown on the poured concrete strip between the
tracks. Skidded a few meters, slight burn on my elbow, but the femur
took essentially 100% of it. Smashed into shards just at the top of
the straight part. Only recently did someone point out the risk to the
femoral artery in such breaks, so I was spared that fretting at the
time.

And yes, the Intramedullary nail has been the repair of choice for
such things since WWII (developed to get the boys back in action!). My
only titanium bike accessory. I was assured that the femurs'
contribution to blood cell production is overstated; the big flat
bones of the pelvis and I think the shoulder blades have a lot of the
body's marrow.

Now, that's enough about me. Best wishes for Jobst, glad to know he's
in one the best medical centers around. I can't count the things I've
learned from him in this group. I'm still marveling at Belleville
washers. I doubt I'll ever have occasion to mention the name of the
things to anyone, but I feel richer for knowing about them, somehow.

Chip C
Toronto

carl...@comcast.net

Jan 18, 2011, 11:23:50 AM1/18/11

Dear Jay,

If I hear anything about Jobst's accident, I'll let people know, but I
expect that I'll read about it on RBT.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Andre Jute

Jan 18, 2011, 1:05:54 PM1/18/11

I wish Jobst a speedy recovery in time to practice this year on the
lesser passes for next year's Alpine crossing.

André Jute

RobertH

Jan 18, 2011, 9:28:52 PM1/18/11
On Jan 17, 9:22 pm, Jay Beattie <jbeat...@lindsayhart.com> wrote:

> Brad, any more details? I assume this was a bicycling accident?
> Breaking your femur on a bike is kind of hard thing to do -- minus
> getting smacked by a car. It's hard imagining a crash mode that would
> result in a broken femur. A hip mabe, particularly in his
> demographic. -- Jay Beattie.

Maybe a Beloki type thing...

Can also break a femur by slamming it into the handlebar real hard
and ... unexpectedly.

Best wishes to Jobst.

Brian Huntley

Jan 18, 2011, 10:31:50 PM1/18/11
On Jan 17, 1:22 pm, Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
> broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
> Phil H

Wow - that's not good news.

Didn't Jobst have a hip replacement a few years back? If so, I wonder
how that interacts with a broken leg.

Best wishes to him!

robin2660

Jan 19, 2011, 2:03:53 AM1/19/11

For those who don't know, the hip is the femur.

Sergio Moretti

Jan 19, 2011, 5:54:38 AM1/19/11
> For those who don't know, the hip is the femur.- Hide quoted text -

No, it's your thigh bone.

Art Harris

Jan 19, 2011, 7:49:57 AM1/19/11
Phil H wrote:

> Didn't Jobst have a hip replacement a few years back? If so, I wonder
> how that interacts with a broken leg.

I seem to recall that he broke his hip in a fall back in the '90s in
France. I don't think that would have any interaction with the femur
break. It might not even be the same side.

Art Harris

Brad Anders

Jan 19, 2011, 9:30:08 AM1/19/11
On Jan 18, 8:17 am, Jay Beattie <jbeat...@lindsayhart.com> wrote:

> So Carl, do you know what happened?

Jay, I heard some stuff, but rather than conjecture, I'm going to wait
for Jobst to recover and get back online. Perhaps he'll be able to
fill in what actually happened.

Clive George

Jan 19, 2011, 10:45:12 AM1/19/11
> No, it's your thigh bone.

When one has "broken one's hip", what is broken is the top of the femur.
I've got the screws to prove it...
When one has "broken one's femur", it's normally the same bone, only
further down.

David Scheidt

Jan 19, 2011, 11:02:40 AM1/19/11
Clive George <cl...@xxxx-x.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

Often, not always. People do break the innominate. It takes some
doing, becuase it's relatively more massive than the femur,
particularly the piece between the head (the part in the hip socket)
and the shaft (the long part down your thigh), which is what's often
broken, particularly by the elderly. But collisions (with a car, the
bars, the ground, whatever) can put substantial forces on whatever
part of thebody hits first.

:When one has "broken one's femur", it's normally the same bone, only
:further down.

Yeah, a femural fracture is almost certainly the the shaft. That's
pretty rare.

--
There's nothing sadder than an ontologist without an ontogenesis.
-- some guy with a beard

kolldata

Jan 19, 2011, 12:21:10 PM1/19/11

LOCAL NOISE CONTINUES STATING JB WAS HIT BY A TRUCK

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jan 19, 2011, 12:41:51 PM1/19/11
"Art Harris" <n2...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

This is obviously far more serious; as I posted in rbr, 3rd-hand
information is that Jobst is no longer recognizing visitors and having
some problems remembering himself, for lack of a better way to put it.
I'll hopefully get more reliable info soon.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

andre...@aol.com

Jan 19, 2011, 12:53:18 PM1/19/11

http://adam.about.com/reports/Hip-fracture.htm

When we say someone broke the femur, the assumption is that it was
fractured somewhere along the bone, but not at the top. If we say hip
fracture, it usually refers to the picture. This is associated with
bone brittleness of elderly people. Doubt that Jobst's bones are
brittle. They are probably hard aa hell, just like his head ;-)

andre...@aol.com

Jan 19, 2011, 1:03:24 PM1/19/11
On Jan 19, 10:41 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "Art Harris" <n...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Thanks Mike!

Hopefully just a mild concussion. However, this is not abnormal. Some
amnesia is common with a hard blow. Hopefully as he recovers soon. My
mom who is very healthy and has a very good memory is 70. In her 40's
she had a bad car accident. I went to see her at the hospital and she
would forget where she was within a second of being told. She kept
saying where am I? I wrote her a not to remind her. A few days later
she was better and her memory was back.

http://adam.about.com/encyclopedia/infectiousdiseases/Concussion.htm

I had a pretty serious bike accident in 95. My ex wife found me at the
hospital about 3 hours later. i was barely waking up. I don't remember
the accident. I remember I was climbing this hill that I do regularly.
The accident happened on the way down another hill which was part of
my regular ride. There is an interval of a few minutes that I have
absolute no recollection off.

Also, back then I was a PhD in QM. I had to relearn everything from
zero. after the accident I started in kinder again.

Message has been deleted

Jay Beattie

Jan 19, 2011, 2:48:32 PM1/19/11
On Jan 19, 11:22 am, Phil W Lee <p...@lee-family.me.uk> wrote:
> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> considered Wed, 19 Jan
> 2011 09:41:51 -0800 the perfect time to write:
>

> >"Art Harris" <n...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That may be due to painkilling drugs - most really strong analgesics
> will have some effect on state of mind.
> I hope so, because it's not a good sign otherwise.- Hide quoted text -

Mentation can be dramatically affected by shock, particularly in older
populations. With big traumatic events, older folks can really be
"out of it" -- an effect that is worsened with opioids. Jobst is not a
young man, and even if he did not have a head injury, I could see him
being out of it. I hope he is O.K. whatever the case.-- Jay Beattie.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

AMuzi

Jan 19, 2011, 6:11:28 PM1/19/11

Quantum mechanics?

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

andre...@aol.com

Jan 19, 2011, 10:06:13 PM1/19/11
On Jan 19, 4:11 pm, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
> > Also, back then I was aPhDin QM. I had to relearn everything from

> > zero. after the accident I started in kinder again.
>
> Quantum mechanics?

I think so, but I forgot.

Nate Nagel

Jan 23, 2011, 7:38:17 AM1/23/11

so has anyone heard anything more re: Jobst? was just curious as I
haven't seen anything posted re: him since the 19th and was hoping to
hear some better news by now.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

andre...@aol.com

Jan 23, 2011, 8:44:26 AM1/23/11
On Jan 23, 5:38 am, Nate Nagel <njna...@roosters.net> wrote:

In rbr, there have been reports that he is doing better. Not much
detail.

thirty-six

Jan 23, 2011, 10:24:56 AM1/23/11

How do you tell?

AMuzi

Jan 23, 2011, 4:47:35 PM1/23/11

If he writes to advocate tying and soldering spokes we'll
discuss euthanasia (in a merciful way).

Until and unless, we just don't know. He's suffered an
injury; let's just leave it there for now.

Joy Beeson

Jan 23, 2011, 8:49:07 PM1/23/11

I'm keenly aware, whenever there is ice or snow on the sidewalk, that
a broken bone could kill me. Six weeks in bed could kill me.

Jobst is at least three years older than I am, and male.

I do wish I could see a hospital bulletin.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

thirty-six

Jan 23, 2011, 10:14:59 PM1/23/11

Enlightenment sometimes does occur after a bump on the head.

raging raven

Jan 24, 2011, 1:47:14 AM1/24/11

reacquainted with someone the other evening who had the pleasure of
many a Jobst ride some time ago; glad to have heard the stories and
hope there are more to follow.

kolldata

Jan 25, 2011, 7:06:28 PM1/25/11
On Jan 19, 11:41 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "Art Harris" <n...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

good to hear there's no serious damage ! outside the truck noise,
someone said he fell on the street not avoiding a street obstacle.

carl...@comcast.net

Jan 29, 2011, 8:55:02 PM1/29/11
wrote:

>Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
>broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
>Phil H

Jobst improved enough to move out of the Stanford ICU to the D3 unit
Saturday afternoon, Jan. 29th:

A card will reach him at:

Stanford Hospital & Clinics
ATTN: Jobst Brandt
Room D322
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305

Visiting Hours:
D3 Unit: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm. Guests must be over the age of 12.

http://stanfordhospital.org/forPatients/visiting.html

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

thirty-six

Jan 29, 2011, 9:29:22 PM1/29/11
On Jan 30, 1:55 am, carlfo...@comcast.net wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> >Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
> >broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
> >Phil H
>
> Jobst improved enough to move out of the Stanford ICU to the D3 unit
> Saturday afternoon, Jan. 29th:

Hooray! I hope that means some less morbid rantings may continue.

Kerry Montgomery

Jan 29, 2011, 10:42:38 PM1/29/11

Carl,
Great news; thanks for the update.
Kerry

carl...@comcast.net

Feb 9, 2011, 7:54:25 PM2/9/11
wrote:

>Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
>broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
>Phil H

Some good news:

"Jobst got up with lots of help (O.T. + P.T. + walker) and went for a
walk today. Great to see."

"Jobst will be moving to the Trauma Rehab Unit (2nd floor) at Valley
Medical Center on Thursday around 11am."

***

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

John Dacey

Feb 9, 2011, 11:18:49 PM2/9/11
On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 17:54:25 -0700, carl...@comcast.net wrote:

>Some good news:
>
>"Jobst got up with lots of help (O.T. + P.T. + walker) and went for a
>walk today. Great to see."
>
>"Jobst will be moving to the Trauma Rehab Unit (2nd floor) at Valley
>Medical Center on Thursday around 11am."
>
>***

Thank you for sharing this welcome update.

-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983
Our catalog of track equipment: online since 1996
http://businesscycles.com
-------------------------------

Jay Beattie

Feb 9, 2011, 11:28:30 PM2/9/11
On Feb 9, 4:54 pm, carlfo...@comcast.net wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> >Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
> >broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
> >Phil H
>
> Some good news:
>
> "Jobst got up with lots of help (O.T. + P.T. + walker) and went for a
> walk today.  Great to see."
>
> "Jobst will be moving to the Trauma Rehab Unit (2nd floor) at Valley
> Medical Center on Thursday around 11am."

Good news except that VMC sucks in terms of ambiance (or at least it
used to). I'd much rather be at Stanford Hospital. The VMC trauma
rehab center used to specialize in spinal-cord and brain injury. If
it still does, that seems like an odd transfer for just a broken leg.
-- Jay Beattie.

Kerry Montgomery

Feb 9, 2011, 11:40:52 PM2/9/11

<carl...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Carl,
Thanks for the encouraging news.
Kerry

David Scheidt

Feb 10, 2011, 10:46:16 AM2/10/11
Jay Beattie <jbea...@lindsayhart.com> wrote:

The web site certainly points that way.

--
sig 17

carl...@comcast.net

Feb 10, 2011, 10:39:55 PM2/10/11
wrote:

>Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
>broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
>Phil H

Cards should now reach Jobst at:

Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Attn: Jobst Brandt
2nd Floor Rehab Room 11A
Main Campus
751 S. Bascom Avenue
San Jose, CA 95128

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

carl...@comcast.net

Feb 17, 2011, 2:39:09 PM2/17/11
wrote:

>Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
>broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
>Phil H

Talked briefly to Jobst Wednesday evening after checking with a friend
of his who's spending a lot of time at the rehab center.

Jobst was very tired after a long day of physical therapy, mostly
standing with the help of parallel bars, so it wasn't much more than
hi, how are you, how's the therapy going, and sorry about your
accident, but he was able to speak clearly for a short conversation
before handing the phone back to his friend and dozing off.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Andre Jute

Feb 18, 2011, 5:51:26 AM2/18/11
On Feb 17, 7:39 pm, carlfo...@comcast.net wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com>

Speaking clearly after a major trauma is an important diagnostic tool.
This is really very good news. Thanks, Carl. -- Andre Jute

thirty-six

Feb 18, 2011, 11:53:03 AM2/18/11
On Feb 17, 7:39 pm, carlfo...@comcast.net wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com>

Next time ask him if all his spokes survived and as an instruction for
the undertaker, does he want them in his left or right hand.

Lou Holtman

Feb 18, 2011, 2:54:48 PM2/18/11
Op 18-2-2011 17:53, thirty-six schreef:

Next time you fall of your bike I ask people who pass to kick you in the
balls. Idiot.

Lou

Frank Krygowski

Feb 18, 2011, 8:07:13 PM2/18/11

Why wait?

- Frank Krygowski

Lou Holtman

Feb 19, 2011, 2:58:36 AM2/19/11
Op 19-2-2011 2:07, Frank Krygowski schreef:

No he has to be in a vulnerable position first like jobst is now.

Lou

Tim McNamara

Feb 19, 2011, 2:43:55 PM2/19/11
Speaking of Jobst, are there any recent updates?

--
"It is not unfrequent to hear men declaim loudly upon liberty, who, if we may
judge by the whole tenor of their actions, mean nothing else by it but their

carl...@comcast.net

Mar 10, 2011, 12:31:13 PM3/10/11
wrote:

>Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
>broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
>Phil H

Jobst will be going home today, March 10th, from the rehab.

His left leg is still not weight-bearing, so he's in a wheel-chair and
using a walker for short distances.

He'll have 24-hour care at home.

He had a stroke in the hospital, and his short-term memory is still
poor--he didn't remember that he was going home today when I spoke to
him last night. Months in the hospital make that sort of thing worse,
so things may improve when he's back home.

A card will reach him at:

Jobst Brandt
351 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94301

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

John Henderson

Mar 10, 2011, 2:08:19 PM3/10/11
carl...@comcast.net wrote:

> Jobst will be going home today, March 10th, from the rehab.
>
> His left leg is still not weight-bearing, so he's in a wheel-chair and
> using a walker for short distances.
>
> He'll have 24-hour care at home.
>
> He had a stroke in the hospital, and his short-term memory is still
> poor--he didn't remember that he was going home today when I spoke to
> him last night. Months in the hospital make that sort of thing worse,
> so things may improve when he's back home.

Thanks for the update Carl, and for keeping an eye on Jobst for
us.

Let's hope Jobst has a full and speedy recovery, and is soon back
attempting to correct the things we say here.

John

kolldata

Mar 10, 2011, 5:07:56 PM3/10/11
On Mar 10, 11:31 am, carlfo...@comcast.net wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com>

"stunned"

Nicholas Grieco

Mar 10, 2011, 10:43:30 PM3/10/11
> "stunned"- Hide quoted text -

kolldata:

I usually enjoy your posts, but you have been obtuse in this
discussion on Jobst's well being.

This is not the thread in which to demonstrate how smart you are.

Well wishes and discretion are appropriate in regard to Jobst's
journey back to health.

Looking forward to seeing this gentleman back on the bike.

Thanks for the update, Carl.

carl...@comcast.net

Jun 3, 2011, 8:05:21 PM6/3/11
wrote:

>Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
>broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
>Phil H

Some news about Jobst via email:

"He's at home, with in-home nursing, but still has a great deal of
difficulty forming short term memories. . . ."

" . . . this last Monday he went to his brother Klaus' place for a big
family BBQ, and was away from home and outside and interacting with
other people for the longest time since January. . . .

"And a visitor reports . . . that he was coherent and interacting and
motivated for the entire time of her visit."

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

David Scheidt

Jun 3, 2011, 8:20:39 PM6/3/11
carl...@comcast.net wrote:
:On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <phol...@gmail.com>
:wrote:

Great to hear, Carl. Pass along our best wishes.

--
sig 28

Frank Krygowski

Jun 3, 2011, 10:58:58 PM6/3/11
On Jun 3, 8:20 pm, David Scheidt <dsche...@panix.com> wrote:
> carlfo...@comcast.net wrote:
>
> :On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com>

> :wrote:
>
> :>Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
> :>broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
> :>Phil H
>
> :Some news about Jobst via email:
>
> :"He's at home, with in-home nursing, but still has a great deal of
> :difficulty forming short term memories. . . ."
>
> :" . . . this last Monday he went to his brother Klaus' place for a big
> :family BBQ, and was away from home and outside and interacting with
> :other people for the longest time since January. . . .
>
> :"And a visitor reports . . . that he was coherent and interacting and
> :motivated for the entire time of her visit."
>
> Great to hear, Carl.  Pass along our best wishes.

Yes, please do.

- Frank Krygowski

Lou Holtman

Jun 4, 2011, 2:57:50 AM6/4/11
Op 4-6-2011 2:05, carl...@comcast.net schreef:

Thanks Carl for your trouble keeping us informed.

Lou

Coolmaine

Jun 4, 2011, 5:09:04 AM6/4/11
On Jun 4, 1:05 am, carlfo...@comcast.net wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com>

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Carl. Good wishes to Jobst when you
communicate again. -- Andre Jute

pH

Jun 4, 2011, 4:06:54 PM6/4/11
On Jun 3, 5:05 pm, carlfo...@comcast.net wrote:

> Some news about Jobst via email:
>
> "He's at home, with in-home nursing, but still has a great deal of
> difficulty forming short term memories. . . ."
>
> " . . . this last Monday he went to his brother Klaus' place for a big
> family BBQ, and was away from home and outside and interacting with
> other people for the longest time since January. . . .
>
> "And a visitor reports . . . that he was coherent and interacting and
> motivated for the entire time of her visit."
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Fogel

Thanks for the welcome news, Mr. F.
I am going to assume that he's going to recover well enough to get
back on his bike....even if he becomes a trike fan....all cycles are
good.

Best wishes to Jobst and continued, speedy recovery!

pH

dusto...@mac.com

Jun 6, 2011, 10:36:05 AM6/6/11

Someone posts anonymously:
Crankarm. Switchback road. Tied and soldered.

There, just a few for now... testing, testing, 123, blow blow scratch
scratch is this thing on?
--D-y

Art Harris

Jun 6, 2011, 1:45:19 PM6/6/11
Carl Fogel wrote:

> " . . . this last Monday he went to his brother Klaus' place for a big
> family BBQ, and was away from home and outside and interacting with
> other people for the longest time since January. . . .
>
> "And a visitor reports . . . that he was coherent and interacting and
> motivated for the entire time of her visit."

Excellent news! Thanks for passing it along.

Is he able to put weight on the injured leg yet?

Art Harris

thirty-six

Jun 8, 2011, 12:53:28 PM6/8/11

Try linseed oil, vaseline, brinneling and Mavic faillure.

carl...@comcast.net

Jul 10, 2011, 7:46:56 PM7/10/11
wrote:

>Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
>broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
>Phil H

Jobst dictated a reply through Adrian Brandt that he began reading
email for the first time since his accident.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Message has been deleted

DirtRoadie

Jul 11, 2011, 4:20:31 PM7/11/11

A Rema rep, a Rema rep, a Rema rep, a Rema rep,
In the jungle...

AMuzi

Jul 11, 2011, 8:03:08 PM7/11/11

You meant 'in the alps'.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

James

Jul 11, 2011, 9:27:26 PM7/11/11
On 12/07/2011 10:03 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> DirtRoadie wrote:

>>> Someone posts anonymously:
>>> Crankarm. Switchback road. Tied and soldered.
>>>

>> A Rema rep, a Rema rep, a Rema rep, a Rema rep,
>> In the jungle...
>>

> You meant 'in the alps'.

The lion sleeps tonight in the alps?

--
JS.

AMuzi

Jul 11, 2011, 9:53:59 PM7/11/11

D'oh. I missed the reference.

Scott Gordo

Jul 12, 2011, 12:58:33 PM7/12/11
On Jul 11, 3:23 pm, Tosspot <Frank.Le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/11/2011 01:46 AM, carlfo...@comcast.net wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:22:13 -0800 (PST), Phil H <pholma...@gmail.com>

> > wrote:
>
> >> Someone in rbr reported Jobst had a nasty accident on Saturday and
> >> broke his leg. Anyone hear anything?
> >> Phil H
>
> > Jobst dictated a reply through Adrian Brandt that he began reading
> > email for the first time since his accident.
>
> So we can expect the old tart to be back any day now?

I haven't poked my head in for some time, but sorry to hear that Jobst
went down and happy to hear he's on the mend.

/s

mike fee

Jul 12, 2011, 7:53:14 PM7/12/11
In article <ivg7to$2qi$2...@dont-email.me>, james.e...@gmail.com