Mavic Open Sport rims

Bill

Aug 15, 2006, 7:02:06 AM8/15/06
Are the Open Sport rims better than the MA-3?
I have MA-2 rims on my light touring bike, but they
are not going to last forever, looking for a replacement.
Have not wanted to use the MA-3 rims based on so
many bad opinions on them.

Thanks.

catzz66

Aug 15, 2006, 11:05:41 AM8/15/06

Aren't the MA-?s discontinued? They are not on Mavic's web page.

fred....@yahoo.com

Aug 15, 2006, 11:36:23 AM8/15/06

Which is why the Open Sport is now offered. It's a replacement for the
MA-3.

catzz66

Aug 15, 2006, 12:10:28 PM8/15/06

I have seen the MA-?s on one of the mail order shops web page and
assumed they were closeout type items. I've got about 300 miles on a
set of Open Sports and have liked them all right.

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Aug 15, 2006, 12:20:44 PM8/15/06

OpenSport is the improved version of the MA-3...we got bit by the
MA-3...so far, so good with about a dozen OpenSports built...

catzz66

Aug 15, 2006, 2:32:22 PM8/15/06

If you could boil it down to a short comment without taking too awful
much time, could you contrast the Open Pro, Open Sport, CXP-33 and CXP-22?

carl...@comcast.net

Aug 15, 2006, 2:51:16 PM8/15/06

Dear Cat,

To compare the specs, login in as mavic-com with password dealer.

Open Sport:
http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf

Open Pro and CXP-33:
http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/99RoadRimRange/ClincherRoadRim99.pdf

CXP-22, S and N models:
http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2003_Road_Rims/2003_News.pdf

And the helpful guide to what Mavic's annoying little symbols mean:
http://www.mavic.com/ewb_pages/l/liste_techno.php

There may be a klunkier site, but it's hard to imagine.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Michael Press

Aug 15, 2006, 11:54:10 PM8/15/06
In article
<1155667876.3...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
carl...@comcast.net wrote:

> To compare the specs, login in as mavic-com with password dealer.
>
> Open Sport:
> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf

Bad Gateway

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.tech-mavic.com Port 80

They probably want Java Script enabled.

Is the opensport box section, fully socketed, silver finish, 36 hole?

--
Michael Press

jim beam

Aug 15, 2006, 11:57:23 PM8/15/06
why do you want "silver finish"? are you hunting the "anodizing fud" snark?

carl...@comcast.net

Aug 16, 2006, 12:36:51 AM8/16/06

Dear Michael,

Dunno about javascript, but now I can't get in, either, to anything in
www.tech-mavic.com.

Possibly my unkind comment . . .

"There may be a klunkier site, but it's hard to imagine."

. . . has caused the site to shut down out of sheer embarrassment? It
was running this morning.

However, www.mavic.com is still up and running and well-nigh useless
in comparison.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

carl...@comcast.net

Aug 16, 2006, 2:01:30 AM8/16/06
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 03:54:10 GMT, Michael Press <ja...@abc.net> wrote:

Dear Michael,

The site is back up now, and just as klunky as ever.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Art Harris

Aug 16, 2006, 7:37:04 AM8/16/06
Michael Press wrote:

> Is the opensport box section, fully socketed, silver finish, 36 hole?

Single eyelet. 490g. Basically a beefed up MA-3

Art Harris

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Aug 16, 2006, 8:43:09 AM8/16/06

OpenPro-double eyelet, about 440 grams or so, black or silver-$60-$70
OpenSport-single eyelet, silver or black, about 500 grams-$35-$45
CXP-33-triangle shaped, inserts instead of true eyelets, about 450
grams, silver and black-$65-$70
CXP-22-black only, 32 hole only, single eyelet, $45-not sure of 2006
model as we haven't built any.