Meanwhile, in the Contador case...

1 view

Brad Anders

Jan 20, 2011, 12:55:14 PM1/20/11
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-decision-expected-no-later-than-february-15

He's going to be cleared, McQuaid knows it's coming. It was the dope
steak from those unethical cattle ranchers that was responsible.
Filthy bastards.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jan 21, 2011, 12:27:53 AM1/21/11
"Brad Anders" <pban...@gmail.com> wrote in message

You think? I'm not so sure. There is some momentum suggesting that perhaps
the positive tests are being triggered by food, but only because we don't
think anyone would be so stupid as to continue using the stuff after the
various positive tests that have come out. The thought being that athletes
aren't THAT stupid and if people are getting caught, it's time to move on to
something else.

But I'm back to thinking they'll do a token 4 month suspension, take away
his 2010 TdF win, and let him race this season. The plasticizers though...
do we have the last word on that? Was it ever confirmed that they showed up
in his samples? Or is it still such-and-such reported that... and nothing
from WADA or UCI?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Brad Anders

Jan 21, 2011, 9:07:15 AM1/21/11
On Jan 20, 10:27 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "Brad Anders" <pband...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-decision-expected-no-later-t...

> > He's going to be cleared, McQuaid knows it's coming. It was the dope
> > steak from those unethical cattle ranchers that was responsible.
> > Filthy bastards.
>
> You think? I'm not so sure. There is some momentum suggesting that perhaps
> the positive tests are being triggered by food, but only because we don't
> think anyone would be so stupid as to continue using the stuff after the
> various positive tests that have come out. The thought being that athletes
> aren't THAT stupid and if people are getting caught, it's time to move on to
> something else.

Uh, Mike, has anyone ever told you that sarcasm is often used as a way
to make a point?