Bad Omen

GoneBeforeMyTime

May 20, 2010, 10:06:45 PM5/20/10
The way the news portrayed that on National TV news, it just made you think
of a bad omen. First he was saying we like our point of view or the way we
see it rather then the way Floyd sees it. That sort of sounded like our
lawyers are better then his lawyers. That was before the crash, and then
they show Lance after the crash, like say what? What were you saying?

Of course the news love to do shit like that, makes everyone think he's full
of crap like that's what you get for being cocky about it. I always wanted
to look and marvel at the science of Lance as a refreshing diversion from
all the doping scandals. If this thing heats up, we could get to a new
really smelly low in cycling. Oh well, that will give rbr and Lafferty some
new material to fuel the fires.

DA74

May 20, 2010, 10:55:48 PM5/20/10

You sound like Glen Beck on one of his rants about nazis. I hear hurt
bro.
-DA74

Anton Berlin

May 21, 2010, 12:00:28 AM5/21/10

Glenn Beck was featured on the Daily Show rerun tonight and came off
more reasonable than John McCain when discussing Miranda rights and
the Times Square failed bomber.

Pretty sad when you lose a rational head-to-head with Glenn Beck.

GoneBeforeMyTime

May 21, 2010, 12:09:25 AM5/21/10

Cleverly crafting rants to sound a certain way is an art form patented in
rbr. I'm not hurt. I never was a loyal Lance fan. His style was just too
boring for me to get excited about. 7 tours should have woke up even the
heavy sleepers, but I stopped buying those WCP tapes after his third tour
win. I was never really convinced Lance doped, but I guess perhaps like
everything else, perhaps it's just too good to be true. While it's true that
Floyd might not be seen as credible, there might be some truth in his
emails. Sometimes I wish Lance were perhaps like Bartali, a guy who hated
drug use based on her convictions. I can't imagine any American fan not
wanting Lance to be clean, even though so many seem to spend so much time
speculating about how he couldn't be. I didn't like the way he fielded those
questions on national TV. It makes one seem suspect, like smelling a rat.
That was a very odd defensive posture he took. Then he crashes out, like a
bad omen. I'm sure the stress of all this is going to effect his recovery
and training for the upcoming tour.

DA74

May 21, 2010, 12:57:11 AM5/21/10
> and training for the upcoming tour.- Hide quoted text -

Bro, all kidding aside you've got to face the reality of the
situation. I think even the hardest skeptics will have to look at the
math and see that this charade is over. I think deep down you're
seeing it. I agree, Lance didn't come off well at all. I was actually
taken aback because they should have acted a little more pissed off if
they wanted us to believe them.
-DA74

GoneBeforeMyTime

May 21, 2010, 2:40:18 AM5/21/10

I just saw the Versus TOC version which was much longer then the news piece.
The news piece was edited to make Lance seem more suspect, IMO, but even in
the Versus longer version during the TOC, Lance seems nervous and at a loss
for words, pausing a lot to think of what to say. However, Landis would know
a lot of shit from over the years, no doubt. Not much loyalties anymore, no
more code of silence. During Jacques Anquetil day, if you wanted to get
ahead in the sport, you had to run it by him first. Nobody going through
Lance, or never did.

Michael Press

May 21, 2010, 12:06:18 PM5/21/10
In article <kJidnb3GnbwfmmvW...@sti.net>,
"GoneBeforeMyTime" <Fa...@EuroForums.com> wrote:

For doping?

> I can't imagine any American fan not
> wanting Lance to be clean,

Really? Ask Keith for lessons on imagination.

> even though so many seem to spend so much time
> speculating about how he couldn't be. I didn't like the way he fielded those
> questions on national TV. It makes one seem suspect, like smelling a rat.
> That was a very odd defensive posture he took. Then he crashes out, like a
> bad omen. I'm sure the stress of all this is going to effect his recovery
> and training for the upcoming tour.

I suppose an eighth win is out of the question.

--
Michael Press