Matt Damon to play Lance Armstrong

Anton Berlin

Oct 22, 2010, 7:05:30 PM10/22/10
Why not Lance's girlfriend Matthew McConaughey ???

http://www.bikeworldnews.com/2010/10/22/matt-damon-portray-lance-armstrong/

Brad Anders

Oct 23, 2010, 11:20:53 AM10/23/10
On Oct 22, 4:05 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why not Lance's girlfriend Matthew McConaughey ???
>
> http://www.bikeworldnews.com/2010/10/22/matt-damon-portray-lance-arms...

Adrien Brody is ideal for Beloki.

Brad Anders

Greg Evans

Oct 23, 2010, 4:47:02 PM10/23/10

Perhaps they can, as a friend suggested, get Sacha Baron Cohen to
fatten up and play Jan Ullrich.

Greg

A. Dumas

Oct 23, 2010, 5:26:13 PM10/23/10
Greg Evans wrote:
> Perhaps they can, as a friend suggested, get Sacha Baron Cohen to
> fatten up and play Jan Ullrich.

Gotta be Jerry O'Connell.

Horst Schnellinger

Oct 23, 2010, 7:06:16 PM10/23/10
* Greg Evans <not.ski...@sbcglobal.net> [23-10-10 20:47]:

Nope. Cohen must play Vino. Only a Kazakh could feel like a Kazakh.

Beloved Fred No. 1

Oct 24, 2010, 5:28:21 AM10/24/10
Horst Schnellinger wrote:
> Nope. Cohen must play Vino. Only a Kazakh could feel like a Kazakh.

But he might end up feeling him instead of feeling like him.

Ronko

Oct 24, 2010, 1:04:44 PM10/24/10
In article <d37a04fa-2e1b-4895-b6a5-
1c5dc1...@j18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
truth...@yahoo.com says...

>Why not Lance's girlfriend Matthew McConaughey ???
>
>http://www.bikeworldnews.com/2010/10/22/matt-damon-portray-
lance-armstrong/

Ah, this already reaks of a cheesy Hollywood adoption. Matt Damon can
really eat the scenery, Leonardo DiCaprio or Johnny Depp he's not. Hmm,
perhaps Matt Damon is the right choice to play Lance.

Brad Anders

Oct 24, 2010, 9:15:17 PM10/24/10
On Oct 22, 4:05 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why not Lance's girlfriend Matthew McConaughey ???
>
> http://www.bikeworldnews.com/2010/10/22/matt-damon-portray-lance-arms...

Kate Hudson could play Lance's mom. Ulrich could be played by Phillip
Seymour Hoffman, if he could gain a little weight for the part. Maybe
Carrot Top could play Landis. Or Lyle Lovett.

Frederick the Great

Oct 24, 2010, 9:24:17 PM10/24/10
In article
<c9ebdfef-0e56-41d5...@k22g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
Brad Anders <pban...@gmail.com> wrote:

We have a winnah!

--
Old Fritz

Phil H

Oct 24, 2010, 10:22:33 PM10/24/10
On Oct 24, 6:24 pm, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <c9ebdfef-0e56-41d5-ab56-d02888fa0...@k22g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,

>  Brad Anders <pband...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 22, 4:05 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Why not Lance's girlfriend Matthew McConaughey ???
>
> > >http://www.bikeworldnews.com/2010/10/22/matt-damon-portray-lance-arms...
>
> > Kate Hudson could play Lance's mom. Ulrich could be played by Phillip
> > Seymour Hoffman, if he could gain a little weight for the part. Maybe
> > Carrot Top could play Landis. Or Lyle Lovett.
>
> We have a winnah!
>
> --
> Old Fritz

Landis will be played by Kid Rock...please keep up.
Phil H

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Oct 24, 2010, 10:33:19 PM10/24/10

Landis will be played by John C. Reilly.

Fredmaster Ben

Ben Trovato

Oct 25, 2010, 12:29:18 PM10/25/10

Kate Hudson for wife #1; Goldie Hawn for mom.

Brad Anders

Oct 25, 2010, 5:51:17 PM10/25/10

Agree, that's perfect. What about William Shatner for Greg Lemond?

Ben Trovato

Oct 25, 2010, 7:21:55 PM10/25/10

In that case:
Lance - Adam Sandler
Jan - Seth Rogen
George - Jason Schwartzman
Sheryl - Gwyneth Paltrow
Johan - Sasha Baron Cohen
Floyd - Joaquin Phoenix
The Olsen twins - Natalie Portman

RicodJour

Oct 25, 2010, 7:25:38 PM10/25/10

Possibly as the younger, thinner version. Shatner's aged way better
than LemonD.

Brad Anders

Oct 25, 2010, 9:16:03 PM10/25/10

That's pretty 'friggin' harsh, dude. Bravo.

Brad Anders

Oct 25, 2010, 9:20:45 PM10/25/10
On Oct 22, 4:05 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why not Lance's girlfriend Matthew McConaughey ???
>
> http://www.bikeworldnews.com/2010/10/22/matt-damon-portray-lance-arms...

One more thing - it should be a rock musical, modeled on either "The
Rocky Horror Picture Show" or "Tommy". I could really dig songs like,
"Let's Do The Testosterone Again", and "Sweet Transfusion from
Transylvania". George could be cast as Riff-Raff.

Brad Anders

derf...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2010, 10:17:11 PM10/25/10
Apparently Matt Damon is also narrating a Lance-umentary:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/10/lance-armstrong-doping-alberto-contador-matt-damon-tour-de-france.html

... which has a quote from the director that seems to have Lafferty
pretty well pegged:

"Gibney [the director] sees in Armstrong a figure both complex and
polarizing. "There is, at least from the public perspective, a big
disparity of opinion on him. Some people hold him up to be a saint.
Particularly if you're a cancer survivor or cancer patient, he
provides enormous hope," Gibney says. "Other people see in him a kind
of hypocrisy, and hypocrisy drives people crazy, particularly if they
make money off it."

RicodJour

Oct 25, 2010, 11:33:27 PM10/25/10
On Oct 25, 9:20 pm, Brad Anders <pband...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One more thing - it should be a rock musical, modeled on either "The
> Rocky Horror Picture Show" or "Tommy". I could really dig songs like,
> "Let's Do The Testosterone Again", and "Sweet Transfusion from
> Transylvania". George could be cast as Riff-Raff.

You have a twisted brain - are you a director? Start writing the
script, I'll knock off a bank, or at least a couple of liquor stores,
to finance the project (and scoop up some liquor to get Ryan on
board), and we'll beat them to the box office.

Who wouldn't want to see Tyler or Landis singing a poignant ballad, "I
am/not lying, oh no not me", or Johan singing, "Ca-ching, Ca-ching,
Ha, Ha, Ha" in seven languages?

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Oct 26, 2010, 1:03:26 AM10/26/10

Beloved Fred No. 1

Oct 26, 2010, 4:47:40 AM10/26/10
RicodJour wrote:
> Who wouldn't want to see Tyler or Landis singing a poignant ballad, "I
> am/not lying, oh no not me", or Johan singing, "Ca-ching, Ca-ching,
> Ha, Ha, Ha" in seven languages?

Landis would probably prefer punk:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQg2eSSSqOY>

Beloved Fred No. 1

Oct 26, 2010, 4:49:28 AM10/26/10
Brad Anders wrote:
> One more thing - it should be a rock musical, modeled on either "The
> Rocky Horror Picture Show" or "Tommy". I could really dig songs like,
> "Let's Do The Testosterone Again", and "Sweet Transfusion from
> Transylvania". George could be cast as Riff-Raff.

Presumably Ferrari is Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

Ronko

Oct 26, 2010, 12:59:26 PM10/26/10
In article <7e26a1a5-d6f2-40cd-9de2-
fdeeb4...@k22g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
benn.t...@hotmail.com says...
Yes! Shatner as Lemond, good call.

Geraard Spergen

Oct 26, 2010, 3:54:04 PM10/26/10
On Oct 26, 9:59 am, Ronko <ronkreu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes! Shatner as Lemond, good call.

Pantani: http://preview.tinyurl.com/25gcmcw

RicodJour

Oct 26, 2010, 4:16:02 PM10/26/10

That's Arnold Shimmerman, and he's a little guy, so it'd probably be
better if he played Doumolin. Yeah, I know the spelling is wrong -
probably on both - so sue me.

Frederick the Great

Oct 26, 2010, 4:39:23 PM10/26/10
In article
<263c4552-08f0-40d8...@g13g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
Brad Anders <pban...@gmail.com> wrote:

I hear Susan Sarandon is very proud of her part
in the success of that movie.

--
Old Fritz

Brad Anders

Oct 26, 2010, 4:54:55 PM10/26/10
On Oct 26, 1:39 pm, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <263c4552-08f0-40d8-ad55-11da4f2c9...@g13g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,

>  Brad Anders <pband...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 22, 4:05 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Why not Lance's girlfriend Matthew McConaughey ???
>
> > >http://www.bikeworldnews.com/2010/10/22/matt-damon-portray-lance-arms...
>
> > One more thing - it should be a rock musical, modeled on either "The
> > Rocky Horror Picture Show" or "Tommy". I could really dig songs like,
> > "Let's Do The Testosterone Again", and "Sweet Transfusion from
> > Transylvania". George could be cast as Riff-Raff.
>
> I hear Susan Sarandon is very proud of her part
> in the success of that movie.
>
> --
> Old Fritz

Perhaps for the role of Janet, they could just cycle through all of
LA's girlfriends and ex-wives, culminating with his Mom in the scene
in her bedroom, and have her visitor turn out to be Fraud (Dr. Frank-n-
Furter). Yuck.