Another Landis conspiracy theory

William Fred

May 21, 2010, 4:42:15 PM5/21/10
It's not about doping, Landis was paid to do this by Giganews as part of
their long-term plan to revive usenet. They're starting with rbr.

--
Bill Fred

Betty Munro

May 21, 2010, 4:50:49 PM5/21/10
William Fred wrote:
> It's not about doping, Landis was paid to do this by Giganews as part of
> their long-term plan to revive usenet. They're starting with rbr.

Necrophilia is dead boring.

William Fred

May 21, 2010, 4:55:29 PM5/21/10
Betty Munro <no...@mailinator.com> wrote in

You mean it's like getting a rise into the dead?

--
Bill Fred

z, fred

May 21, 2010, 5:31:38 PM5/21/10
William Fred wrote:
> It's not about doping, Landis was paid to do this by Giganews as part of
> their long-term plan to revive usenet. They're starting with rbr.

Speaking of that, Cox is planning to stop providing usenet as of the end
of June, but suggests Giganews? as a paid alternative.

Anyone know of a /good/ free alternative? Please don't say Google Groups
because I don't care for their formatting.

K. Fred Gauss

May 21, 2010, 5:52:49 PM5/21/10

This works well:

http://www.x-privat.org/

K. Fred Gauss

May 21, 2010, 5:58:34 PM5/21/10
William Fred wrote:
> It's not about doping, Landis was paid to do this by Giganews as part of
> their long-term plan to revive usenet. They're starting with rbr.

Landis Resurrects Dinosaur, Again

Mark J.

May 21, 2010, 7:33:54 PM5/21/10

eternal-september.org is tolerable.

Mark J.

Frederick the Great

May 21, 2010, 10:15:55 PM5/21/10
In article <ZYCJn.181$mj4...@newsfe08.iad>, "z, fred" <No...@not.ca>
wrote:

Google is not a news server, so I would never recommend it.
There are free news servers for text only, and some paid
news servers with a small annual fee.

A web search on "news server" works.

--
Old Fritz

Betty Munro

May 22, 2010, 7:28:18 AM5/22/10

William Fred wrote:
> You mean it's like getting a rise into the dead?

Or cracking open a cold one.