Ridiculous

Brad Anders

May 26, 2011, 7:12:24 PM5/26/11
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-contador-hearing

Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the shit out of you but
don't change the fucking results.

Mike Jacoubowsky

May 26, 2011, 7:46:24 PM5/26/11
"Brad Anders" <pban...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Don't just fine them, penalize the entire team with a time penalty at future
races, like on the Amazing Race. "Detours" would take on an entirely-new
meaning. Maybe at some random point in the race the team has to stop and
solve a puzzle before continuing.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

ilan

May 26, 2011, 8:14:25 PM5/26/11
On May 27, 1:12 am, Brad Anders <pband...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-conta...

> Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
> tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
> took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
> testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
> if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the shit out of you but
> don't change the fucking results.

At first, I didn't find your argument very compelling but your final
use of the f-word convinced me. Good job!

-ilan

RicodJour

May 26, 2011, 9:08:31 PM5/26/11
On May 26, 7:46 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "Brad Anders" <pband...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prudhomme-surprised-by-delay-in-conta...

> > Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
> > tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
> > took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
> > testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
> > if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the shit out of you but
> > don't change the fucking results.
>
> Don't just fine them, penalize the entire team with a time penalty at future
> races, like on the Amazing Race. "Detours" would take on an entirely-new
> meaning. Maybe at some random point in the race the team has to stop and
> solve a puzzle before continuing.

How about a true handicap, like in horse racing? Add a little weight
here and there to even things up. Or sails - like a flying squirrel
skinsuit. Maybe they could make them wear a ridiculous anti-
aerodyamic dunce helmet.

At least that would be entertaining and would help reestablish the
sense of fair play and ridicule the dopers, which is how it is
supposed to work.

Steve Freides

May 26, 2011, 10:19:29 PM5/26/11

So we're basically saying that _any_ system from _any_ other sport would
be better than the one used in cycling? Sounds right to me.

-S-

Mike Jacoubowsky

May 26, 2011, 10:31:42 PM5/26/11

=======

How about a true handicap, like in horse racing? Add a little weight
here and there to even things up. Or sails - like a flying squirrel
skinsuit. Maybe they could make them wear a ridiculous anti-
aerodyamic dunce helmet.

At least that would be entertaining and would help reestablish the
sense of fair play and ridicule the dopers, which is how it is
supposed to work.

=======

I was thinking we could have the dopers (that have been caught) wear a big
scarlet "D" on an armband. Maybe instead of a time penalty, make it weight.
That would actually make sense. On a climbing stage, they get a 3-kilo
penalty. Ouch!

--D-y

May 26, 2011, 10:34:19 PM5/26/11

So far I think we've seen "just as bad but more obviously stupid". Or,
maybe not stupider than making rules that can't be evenly and fairly
enforced on the day.
--D-y

RicodJour

May 27, 2011, 12:17:39 AM5/27/11
On May 26, 10:31 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "RicodJour" <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote in message
> I was thinking we could have the dopers (that have been caught) wear a big
> scarlet "D" on an armband. Maybe instead of a time penalty, make it weight.
> That would actually make sense. On a climbing stage, they get a 3-kilo
> penalty. Ouch!

Hmmm....maybe we should tie in some other programming. How about if
someone fails a dope test he has to give Snooki a ride on his
handlebars? Gack! Does anyone know how I can put out my mental-
image eye? I'm totally revolted - probably would be one hell of a
deterent.

Brad Anders

May 27, 2011, 12:47:57 AM5/27/11
On May 26, 5:14 pm, ilan <ilan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> At first, I didn't find your argument very compelling but your final
> use of the f-word convinced me. Good job!

Thank you, I aim to please.

Fred Flintstein

May 27, 2011, 9:35:51 AM5/27/11

Everyone else is aiming to write their name in the snow.