Clemens - just Pettite and McNamee .... Armstrong - they will have 8-10 minimum

Choppy Warburton

Aug 20, 2010, 9:02:06 AM8/20/10
7 time Cy Young winner - big time "sports hero"

7 time TdF winner - what's the TdF ????

Armstrong is small fucking potatoes and will be much easier to take
down.

RicodJour

Aug 20, 2010, 9:28:49 AM8/20/10
On Aug 20, 9:02 am, Choppy Warburton <choppywarbur...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Your criteria is as flawed as your logic. Revise and resubmit.

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 20, 2010, 10:08:37 AM8/20/10
Choppy Warburton wrote:

"We're getting tired of this kind of post, Lafferty. And I banged your
wife last week."

Does anybody know Magilla's home address?

Lawboy

Philip

Aug 20, 2010, 11:44:57 AM8/20/10
On Aug 20, 8:02 am, Choppy Warburton <choppywarbur...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Chumpy,

It won't take 8-10 to take down Armstrong. Somebody credible and with
first-hand, eye witness testimony who corroborates Landis will do the
trick.

-Philip

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 20, 2010, 12:17:19 PM8/20/10
Philip wrote:

USADA will likely file doping charges against Lance within the next 2
years, and they might even end up stripping him of one or more of his
Tour wins. This is gonna get nasty, folks.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride,

Magilla

Mike Jacoubowsky

Aug 20, 2010, 3:20:22 PM8/20/10
"Choppy Warburton" <choppyw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I'm thinking the exact opposite. Being small potatoes makes a massive effort
less worthwhile. The bigger the battle, the greater the spoils. Plus, Lance
never lied to Congress. People are nuts to think that's not relevant to
Clemens' case. You go up and lie before the best liars in the world, and
think you're going to get away with it? That's just nuts.

Lance didn't personally come to RBR and tell Brian he's clean. Brian's
response is emotional, not revenge-based. Congress sought revenge with
Clemens (and others).

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Michael Press

Aug 20, 2010, 6:20:16 PM8/20/10
In article
<042766eb-b90a-46d5...@q22g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Choppy Warburton <choppyw...@yahoo.com> wrote:

The war against some people continues. A politician
acknowledged in his report that management and players
share responsibility the widespread use of drugs in
baseball; but only the players are punished.

--
Michael Press

Mike Jacoubowsky

Aug 20, 2010, 7:24:14 PM8/20/10
"Michael Press" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

What would you change? How do you go after management in baseball? If
across-the-board doping exists (or did exist) in cycling, it requires an
extraordinarily systematic approach and a lot of coordination between
various parties to avoid detection. Management is aware of doping in
baseball, but do you believe they are as intimately involved as must be the
case for cycling (assuming doping exists across-the-board in cycling)?

Kurgan Gringioni

Aug 20, 2010, 10:36:53 PM8/20/10

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in message
: "Choppy Warburton" <choppyw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

: news:042766eb-b90a-46d5...@q22g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
: >7 time Cy Young winner - big time "sports hero"
: >
:
: I'm thinking the exact opposite. Being small potatoes makes a massive
effort
: less worthwhile. The bigger the battle, the greater the spoils. Plus,
Lance
: never lied to Congress. People are nuts to think that's not relevant to
: Clemens' case.

Dumbass -

The Clemens case has a problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/21/sports/baseball/21clemens.html

<snip>

According to a high-profile lawyer in Washington, the release of the
Mitchell report at the behest of Commissioner Bud Selig and not Congress
raises questions about why the committee was investigating the matter in the
first place. And that, according to the lawyer, Reginald J. Brown, a former
special assistant to President George W. Bush and an associate White House
general counsel from 2003 to 2005, has given Clemens's lawyers a strong
argument to have the government's perjury case dismissed.

"The case against Clemens is not a slam dunk for the government," he said
Friday in a telephone interview.

"Congress didn't do this investigation to determine whether they needed new
drug laws," Brown said. "They didn't do it to determine whether federal
agencies were exercising their proper oversight. They did this to figure out
whether Clemens or his trainer were telling the truth, and that is arguably
not a legislative function. It's not Congress's job to hold perjury trials."

<snip>

Brown said there was historical precedence to support his argument. In 1953,
Aldo Lorenzo Icardi, a law clerk from Pittsburgh, testified before a
Congressional hearing that he had not murdered an Army major during World
War II. Two years later, a grand jury in Washington indicted Icardi on
perjury charges. But Icardi's lawyer argued before the case was scheduled to
go to trial that Congress had no authority to question the validity of his
client's testimony.

The judge presiding over the case dismissed the charges because Icardi's
testimony had no "valid legislative purpose."

<snip><end>

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Aug 21, 2010, 1:17:18 AM8/21/10
On Aug 20, 4:24 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> "Michael Press" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > Choppy Warburton <choppywarbur...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> 7 time Cy Young winner - big time "sports hero"
>
> >> 7 time TdF winner -  what's the TdF ????
>
> >> Armstrong is small fucking potatoes and will be much easier to take
> >> down.
>
> > The war against some people continues. A politician
> > acknowledged in his report that management and players
> > share responsibility the widespread use of drugs in
> > baseball; but only the players are punished.
>
> > --
> > Michael Press
>
> What would you change? How do you go after management in baseball? If
> across-the-board doping exists (or did exist) in cycling, it requires an
> extraordinarily systematic approach and a lot of coordination between
> various parties to avoid detection. Management is aware of doping in
> baseball, but do you believe they are as intimately involved as must be the
> case for cycling (assuming doping exists across-the-board in cycling)?

Dumbass,

The fans liked the McGwire-Sosa-Bonds home run chase
and Clemens throwing the heater as if his arm had no
natural age limit on wear and tear. The fans liked it, so
management liked it, so they had a dope policy that made
it impossible to get caught.

The players are the ones who ingested the substances,
but everybody benefited. The real problem is the fans.
Prosecute the fans.

Kill them all; Dick Pound will know his own.

Fredmaster Ben

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 21, 2010, 9:05:56 AM8/21/10
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Like Sandy, this lawyer has no idea what the hell he is talking about. Clemens
lied UNDER OATH to Congress. Nothing this lawyer said changes that fact.

Lance is just another Marion Jones when all is said and done.

Thanks,

Magilla

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 21, 2010, 9:06:56 AM8/21/10
Michael Press wrote:

So you are saying they should go after Bruyneel and Weisel too?

Magilla

Anton Berlin

Aug 21, 2010, 11:23:16 AM8/21/10
Doesn't matter what they are investigating - if they uncover evidence
that a crime was committed they either follow the trail or hand it off
to someone that can.

The might be after Ball and dope but if they find that Lance murdered
babies and ate their hearts in order to gain 2 VO2 points then there
going to have to follow that.

Michael Press

Aug 21, 2010, 11:24:48 AM8/21/10
In article <qfidne4lEf0Ak_LR...@earthlink.com>,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote:

> "Michael Press" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > In article
> > <042766eb-b90a-46d5...@q22g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
> > Choppy Warburton <choppyw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> 7 time Cy Young winner - big time "sports hero"
> >>
> >> 7 time TdF winner - what's the TdF ????
> >>
> >> Armstrong is small fucking potatoes and will be much easier to take
> >> down.
> >
> > The war against some people continues. A politician
> > acknowledged in his report that management and players
> > share responsibility the widespread use of drugs in
> > baseball; but only the players are punished.
>

> What would you change?

Leave the athletes alone on this.
Let them retain the best medical advice,
and maintain patient-physician confidentiality.
If not that, then it is a simple sporting foul,
without interference from civil authority.

> How do you go after management in baseball?

I do not, do not want to, do not want to see
third parties go after management. The players
and management can sort it out amongst themselves.

> If
> across-the-board doping exists (or did exist) in cycling, it requires an
> extraordinarily systematic approach and a lot of coordination between
> various parties to avoid detection. Management is aware of doping in
> baseball, but do you believe they are as intimately involved as must be the
> case for cycling (assuming doping exists across-the-board in cycling)?

I do not think about it.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

Aug 21, 2010, 11:32:05 AM8/21/10
In article <4C6FCF70...@sandiegozoo.org>,
Magilla Gorilla <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <042766eb-b90a-46d5...@q22g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
> > Choppy Warburton <choppyw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > 7 time Cy Young winner - big time "sports hero"
> > >
> > > 7 time TdF winner - what's the TdF ????
> > >
> > > Armstrong is small fucking potatoes and will be much easier to take
> > > down.
> >
> > The war against some people continues. A politician
> > acknowledged in his report that management and players
> > share responsibility the widespread use of drugs in
> > baseball; but only the players are punished.
>

> So you are saying they should go after Bruyneel and Weisel too?

The opposite. Leave them all alone to sort out
amongst themselves.

--
Michael Press

Frederick the Great

Aug 21, 2010, 11:35:58 AM8/21/10
In article <i4ne3s$4c6$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in message
> : "Choppy Warburton" <choppyw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> : news:042766eb-b90a-46d5...@q22g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
> : >7 time Cy Young winner - big time "sports hero"
> : >
> : > 7 time TdF winner - what's the TdF ????
> : >
> : > Armstrong is small fucking potatoes and will be much easier to take
> : > down.
> :
> : I'm thinking the exact opposite. Being small potatoes makes a massive
> effort
> : less worthwhile. The bigger the battle, the greater the spoils. Plus,
> Lance
> : never lied to Congress. People are nuts to think that's not relevant to
> : Clemens' case.
>

> Dumbass -
>
> The Clemens case has a problem.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/21/sports/baseball/21clemens.html

[...]

Clemens can still throw the high heat.

--
Old Fritz

Kurgan Gringioni

Aug 21, 2010, 2:11:09 PM8/21/10

"Magilla Gorilla" <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote in message

Dumbass -

You didn't read the article. Icardi lied to Congress and he got off. From
the article:

> Brown said there was historical precedence to support his argument. In
> 1953,
> Aldo Lorenzo Icardi, a law clerk from Pittsburgh, testified before a
> Congressional hearing that he had not murdered an Army major during World
> War II. Two years later, a grand jury in Washington indicted Icardi on
> perjury charges. But Icardi's lawyer argued before the case was scheduled
> go to trial that Congress had no authority to question the validity of his
> client's testimony.
>
> The judge presiding over the case dismissed the charges because Icardi's
> testimony had no "valid legislative purpose."

<snip><end>

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.