Even anti-doping people don't want Floyd around

LawBoy01

Sep 17, 2010, 12:25:56 PM9/17/10

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 17, 2010, 12:33:39 PM9/17/10
LawBoy01 wrote:

More like Pattycake McQuaid (aka the Drunk Mick) put some pressure on the organizers as one
of Lance's field soldiers to keep the doping Omerta in place.

Don't you know how to read cyclingnews articles?

Thanks,

Magilla

Brad Anders

Sep 17, 2010, 12:39:42 PM9/17/10
On Sep 17, 9:33 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> LawBoy01 wrote:
> > I don't blame them.
>
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/worlds-organisers-withdraw-support-fo...

> More like Pattycake McQuaid (aka the Drunk Mick) put some pressure on the organizers as one
> of Lance's field soldiers to keep the doping Omerta in place.
>
> Don't you know how to read cyclingnews articles?

Your love for Floyd is touching.

Brad Anders

mtb Dad

Sep 17, 2010, 12:41:56 PM9/17/10
The article actually says the anti-doping conference people are still
hosting him, but the associated worlds organizers have pulled out.
Once again UCI makes the wrong decision, and makes sure that more
attention will be focussed on it's doping problem. Now more people
than ever will attend the conference. Staggers the mind how obtuse
these people are.

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 17, 2010, 1:52:08 PM9/17/10

Brad Anders wrote:

Funny, I've always called him Fraud. You're the one who calls him Floyd. I think that says
something.

Magilla

Brad Anders

Sep 17, 2010, 1:56:00 PM9/17/10
On Sep 17, 10:52 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>

I'm just hoping you embrace LA with the same forgiveness when he
breaks down and has his public confession to doping on Oprah.

Brad Anders

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 17, 2010, 2:00:45 PM9/17/10
mtb Dad wrote:

Pat McQuaid is a corrupt president. He has no college degree. So he
thinks and acts like a high school drop-out. Him and his doping kingpin
Verbruggen have convinced the world that the biological passport is
about weeding out the cheaters.

In reality, the biological passport exists solely so McQuaid can give
the heroes of the sport like Lance and the Garmin faggots a head's up so
they can send a covert message to the rider to take less EPO or cool it
on the sack patch.

Yet everyone thinks it's about prosecuting violators. So tell me - how
man y people have been prosecuted because of the biological passport? I
thought this was suppose to "revolutionize" cycling?

Ever notice how the people who have cases brought against them are
nobodies?

How come Levi never had a case broguht against him when his off-score
was a fucking 132.8?

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5128/Holczer-Leipheimer-had-suspicious-blood-values-during-the-2005-Tour-de-France.aspx#ixzz0veQhTB00

Magilla

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 17, 2010, 2:23:28 PM9/17/10
Brad Anders wrote:

Lance will never break down and confess. Never. He's like Bush.

Fraud only confessed because he was financially ruined, divorced, and was treated as a pariah on the
Internets.

Lance is still cruisin' phat on the proceeds of his doping enterprise.

Had Lance just given Fraud a contract for $150K to ride with the rest of the dopers on RadioShat
(i.e. Levi, Horner, Popo, etc.), 80% of the people in here would still be paying into the Fraud
Fairness Fund and none of this Novitzky stuff would be going on.

But once Amish Boy lost his wife, his daughter, his bank account.....and saw his career being pissed
away...he got mad and punched back. Just like that little kid in Witness who watched Danny Glover
stick that white cop, he ended up taking them all down.

I love Fraud now because he's giving a nice little Amish beating to everyone, and not because he
doped. I'm always game for a good beatdown. And I also like the fact that Fraud's head is shaped
like a UPS box truck.

Magilla

Anton Berlin

Sep 17, 2010, 3:05:12 PM9/17/10

> But once Amish Boy lost his wife,

Take away a man's pussy and there's no telling what he'll do.

Especially when it's the only one he ever got a sniff of.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Sep 17, 2010, 7:34:16 PM9/17/10
> Lance is still cruisin' phat on the proceeds of his doping enterprise.

That's the part I don't get. If Lance doped, it's in the context that nearly
everybody doped.Which would make Lance exactly what, aside from the best of
the dopes? He still ends up being the best rider in the race. To believe
otherwise requires that you believe he held an advantage over others because
of his doping, that somehow he had access to doping materials and procedures
the others did not.

You can call Lance a fraud if/when it turns out that he's doped, but only on
the basis of claiming that he rode clean. To say that his "doping
enterprise" is what created his ability to win is a stretch. It may have
been a requirement of being competitive at that time. Again, I'm not
debating whether that would make him a fraud. It would. Just like everybody
else.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Magilla Gorilla" <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote in message

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 17, 2010, 9:50:01 PM9/17/10
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

> > Lance is still cruisin' phat on the proceeds of his doping enterprise.
>
> That's the part I don't get. If Lance doped, it's in the context that nearly
> everybody doped.Which would make Lance exactly what, aside from the best of
> the dopes? He still ends up being the best rider in the race. To believe
> otherwise requires that you believe he held an advantage over others because
> of his doping, that somehow he had access to doping materials and procedures
> the others did not.

So you admit that everybody in cycling was doping. That's not what Lance says. And
it's not what Pat McQuaid says. Are you calling both of them liars?

> You can call Lance a fraud if/when it turns out that he's doped,

I've already determined that Lance doped. I don't need Novitsky and a bunch of dumb
jurors or corrupt arbitrators to tell me how to think. I think for myself. Whether
or not Lance doped throughout his entire career is a no brainer.

> but only on
> the basis of claiming that he rode clean. To say that his "doping
> enterprise" is what created his ability to win is a stretch.

What you witnessed this year was Lance without a blood transfusion during the Tour de
France. He couldn't even beat bald headed Horny.

> It may have
> been a requirement of being competitive at that time.

Fine, let's hear Lance have a televised press conference and admit to that. Let's ee
Lance tell the world he NEEDED DOPE to win. Somehow I don't think that's the message
he and the Livestrong foundatiion are claiming they represent.

> Again, I'm not
> debating whether that would make him a fraud. It would. Just like everybody
> else.

Fine, let's hear Lance have a televised press conference and admit to that.

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 17, 2010, 10:40:13 PM9/17/10

:
: So you admit that everybody in cycling was doping. That's not what Lance

says. And
: it's not what Pat McQuaid says. Are you calling both of them liars?

Dumbass -

Yep.

Why are you getting all up in arms about doping? You know the score.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 17, 2010, 10:42:06 PM9/17/10

: mtb Dad wrote:
:
[...]

<snip>

Dumbass -

The head of any sports governing body has one overriding priority: promote
the sport. Better promotion of the sport = more $$$$$.

Everything they do falls under the umbrella of this raison d'etre.

RicodJour

Sep 17, 2010, 11:26:17 PM9/17/10
On Sep 17, 9:50 pm, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> I think for myself.

Still awaiting evidence of that claim. No rush - I'm a patient man.

BLafferty

Sep 18, 2010, 8:26:45 AM9/18/10
On 9/17/2010 12:25 PM, LawBoy01 wrote:
> I don't blame them.
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/worlds-organisers-withdraw-support-for-landis-conference

Statement by Floyd Landis 18 September 2010:

As you may know, subsequent to winning the 2006 Tour de France, I failed
a drug test and was ultimately disqualified and suspended from
professional competition for 2 years.

During and following that suspension, I had a fair degree of time to
reflect on the decisions made by and for me related to my activities as
a professional bicycle racer, including, specifically, the use of banned
performance enhancing drugs. The conclusions reached and the learning
taken away by me during that time* are now moving me to correct, to the
extent possible, the effect of those decisions on others and on and to
speak out in a manner so that today’s young and future professional and
amateur athletes can learn from my choices and, hopefully, avoid the
same painful consequences which I have suffered and which I continue to
suffer today.

In other words, like Deakin University, I too want to be a catalyst for
positive change.

Effective partnerships often present themselves in unusual forms and at
unusual times. My knowledge of and participation in professional
cycling’s culture of dope and my participation in a conference intended
to chart a new direction for cycling may seem inconsistent and
inappropriate to some, including especially those that seek to maintain
the status quo or otherwise cover up the extent of the doping problem
and the resulting corruption under which the sport currently labors.
That said, my knowledge and participation in the culture that the
conference is seeking to improve, and my work with the conference
organizers in that regard, is exactly the type of partnership that can
and will deliver effective, progressive, relevant analysis that can be
used to begin the process of repairing the currently broken sport of
cycling and its governing institutions.

My intention in participating in the conference is simple. By offering
an inside perspective of an athlete confronted with decisions regarding
the use of banned performance enhancing drugs, I hope to be able to
contribute to a better understanding of how those decisions come to be
made, and how athletes can be better supported by those in a position to
facilitate better decisions and decision making, including owners,
sponsors, doctors, directors, riders and fans.

I have always loved racing my bicycle. For me, racing as a professional
was a dream come true and it represented the culmination of years of
very hard, very painful, dedicated work.

Having felt those dreams collapse, having experienced the result of my
work publicly evaporate and having subjected the sport I love to
unnecessary criticism, I now must be of service and do what I can to
help others avoid a similar fate. And it was with that intention, not
one of scandal and attack as has been suggested by my critics, that I
accepted Mr. Hardie’s invitation to participate in the conference.

To be clear, I do not wish to use the conference as a “soapbox,” nor do
I wish “hijack” the world championships. I will not and cannot discuss
events or circumstances related to the ongoing investigations and
lawsuits involving Lance Armstrong and certain of his current and former
business associates and teammates, including what I saw and heard during
the relevant time periods . Indeed, the behavior and comments of the
persons and organizations that seek to shut down the conference as a
consequence of my participation demonstrate that they are interested
only in selfishly perpetuating their own positions and purported
authority at the expense of progressive reform and in total disregard of
the sport’s long-term interests, including those of the riders and fans,
which they are charged to protect.

Floyd Landis

* I hope you can appreciate my effort here to footnote some of those
conclusions and learning which provide important context to the
discussions concerning my disclosures and their purpose, but which are
not necessarily relevant to the purpose of this statement. The most
important of these conclusions and learning are not cycling specific and
appear to me now as common sense solutions to living at peace with
oneself and the world; solutions to which I was blinded by a desire to
win in a sport that all but requires its participants at the highest
levels to disregard the rules in order to effectively compete.

Attempting to create and sustain a truth that does not square precisely
with one’s reality will always ultimately fail. The energy and efforts
expended in that attempt are wasted and can never be recovered or
recycled into more productive or fruitful personal or social endeavors.
The emptiness and unease that results from such a waste create a rattle
within that can only be quieted by ongoing efforts to live in integrity
and truth, and one cannot permit their past mistakes and indiscretions
to forever commit them to travel a road on which they are no longer
comfortable. I’ve traveled that troubled road and the consequent pain
remains fresh with me. Integrity and truth cannot be nuanced or partial.
Truth is nothing if it is not complete, and the story of my life cannot
truthfully be told if facts important to it are omitted such that the
story continues to mislead. My decision to disclose the regular use of
banned doping products by me and by others with whom I have been
associated is simply part of my process to square all the realities of
my life and to make amends to those other than myself that have also
suffered as a consequence of my poor choices.

Attempts by others to make that process into something other than I have
described above, and to discredit my current efforts by pointing to my
past mistakes (which I have acknowledged), simply represent their
continuing, misplaced, misguided and fear-driven efforts to temporarily
sustain a manufactured truth that does not square with reality of their
life.

Read more:
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5711/Landis-explains-motivations-to-speak-at-New-Pathways-for-Pro-Cycling-conference.aspx#ixzz0zsplXC6N

A. Dumas

Sep 18, 2010, 9:18:37 AM9/18/10
BLafferty wrote:
> Statement by Floyd Landis 18 September 2010:

Source: blog of one of the organisers:
http://www.newcyclingpathway.com/news/blog/statement-by-floyd-landis-18-september-2010

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 18, 2010, 12:35:59 PM9/18/10
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

I don't care about doping. It's the fraud behind it by people who are
representing to the world they are dope fighters.

Lance and Pat McQuaid are like police officers who in fact conspire to violate
thhe law in an organized conspiracy...and then they go out in public and give
press conferences that they are crime fighters. Their fraud doesn't have to
be about doping.

Magilla

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 18, 2010, 12:55:29 PM9/18/10

RicodJour wrote:

You sound like Tom Kunich right before I put him in an old age home.
Every post from Kunich was basically "I don't know people listen to
Magilla anymore." Oh, I'm sorry, he also posted insightful analysis into
the sport's inner circles with classics like this:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/t/0eed573926330829?hl=en

Here I am telling you people gems like Pate's wife was banged by TD and
how Phil Z is on trial before it hits the press...and this is the thanks
I get?

I gave you people everything. I taught you the value of money and how to
make it. I gave you Darian, I gave you people your manhood. And this is
how you pay me back?

Magilla

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 18, 2010, 1:03:12 PM9/18/10
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

That's exactly how a high school graduate thinks. A college graduate,
however, is suppose to factor in the REAL long-term costs and consequences of
covering up a small problem that will only allow it to metastasize and take
down the entire sport.

Well, we are now witnessing it...Fraud and now Pharmstrong. The two biggest
Americans in the sport are now known as frauds, attacking each other like
rabid dogs.

Had McQuaid and his doping partner-in-crime Verbruggen cracked down on this
bullshit as real intelligent leaders would have done, none of this would have
happened.

Lance is going down, dude. The one guy in the sport who everyone thinks is
untouchable is going to get a big boot in his Big Tex ass. You watch.

Magilla

BLafferty

Sep 18, 2010, 1:07:39 PM9/18/10

Rico is just a Spawn of Palin. He knows no better.

RicodJour

Sep 18, 2010, 1:23:25 PM9/18/10
On Sep 18, 1:03 pm, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>
> > The head of any sports governing body has one overriding priority: promote
> > the sport. Better promotion of the sport = more $$$$$.
>
> > Everything they do falls under the umbrella of this raison d'etre.
>
> That's exactly how a high school graduate thinks.  A college graduate,
> however, is suppose to factor in the REAL long-term costs and consequences of
> covering up a small problem that will only allow it to metastasize and take
> down the entire sport.

College degrees en masse, as they're delivered today, are a tool for
tools. A degree doesn't deposit knowledge, wisdom or analytical
ability any more than the Wizard did when he gave your step-uncle, the
Cowardly Lion, his degree. If people want to learn, you can't stop
them. If they don't, you can't make them. I'll give you an example -
Barry Laffectomy. He's got a couple of degrees and his mind is as
closed as a rusted steel bear trap hanging on the wall at Bennigans.

College is a test ground for the real world, and by that I mean a
place that the young adults of today can dabble in drugs and
promiscuous sex without subjecting their parents' residence to the
debauchery (and legal liability).

Correct your thinking.

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 18, 2010, 3:16:10 PM9/18/10

"Magilla Gorilla" <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote in message
: > :
: > : Yet everyone thinks it's about prosecuting violators.

: >
: > <snip>
: >
: > Dumbass -
: >
[...]

The model for the correct way to handle doping is either FIFA or the NFL.
Someone fails a test, he gets suspended for a few games, then is allowed
back with the caveat that subsequent failed tests will result in longer and
longer suspensions.

Cycling goes too far. Two year bans for the first offense. They're making it
into a moral issue rather than treating it as simply a rules infraction. By
making it a moral issue, it brings more attention to it and the negative
publicity is bad for sponsorship/viewer interest.

Cycling needs to treat it as a mere rules infraction. Doping to gain an
advantage is no different than an offensive lineman doing some holding to
gain an advantage in football. Treat it as such and the negative press will
be minimized.

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 18, 2010, 3:17:53 PM9/18/10

:
: Here I am telling you people gems like Pate's wife was banged by TD and

: how Phil Z is on trial before it hits the press...and this is the thanks
: I get?
:
: I gave you people everything. I taught you the value of money and how to
: make it. I gave you Darian, I gave you people your manhood. And this is
: how you pay me back?

Dumbass -

Greed is only good only when it is controlled.

Amit Ghosh

Sep 18, 2010, 3:25:52 PM9/18/10
On Sep 18, 3:16 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Cycling goes too far. Two year bans for the first offense. They're making it
> into a moral issue rather than treating it as simply a rules infraction. By
> making it a moral issue, it brings more attention to it and the negative
> publicity is bad for sponsorship/viewer interest.
>
> Cycling needs to treat it as a mere rules infraction. Doping to gain an
> advantage is no different than an offensive lineman doing some holding to
> gain an advantage in football. Treat it as such and the negative press will
> be minimized.

dumbass,

it depends on what the issue is. other sports may be soft on doping
but they deal harshly with other violations (gambling, coruption, bad
bahaviour).

other pro sports have a "god", a commissioner who can make a decision
which is final.

if david stern wants to suspend an athlete (like he did with ron
artest) or fine an owner he does it and there is no CAS appeal etc.
etc.

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 18, 2010, 3:43:59 PM9/18/10
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

I stopped believing in fortune cookie messages a long time ago. So should
you.

Magilla

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 18, 2010, 4:28:05 PM9/18/10
RicodJour wrote:
> College is a test ground for the real world, and by that I mean a
> place that the young adults of today can dabble in drugs and
> promiscuous sex

Damn, sometimes I wish I did an arts degree.

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 18, 2010, 4:30:00 PM9/18/10
BLafferty wrote:
> Rico is just a Spawn of Palin. He knows no better.

Is he hotter than Bristol ?

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 18, 2010, 5:28:06 PM9/18/10

"Magilla Gorilla" <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote in message

Dumbass -

I respond to your Wall Street reference with another Wall Street reference
and this is what you give me?

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 18, 2010, 5:36:05 PM9/18/10

wrote:

> Cycling goes too far. Two year bans for the first offense. They're making
> it
> into a moral issue rather than treating it as simply a rules infraction.
> By
> making it a moral issue, it brings more attention to it and the negative
> publicity is bad for sponsorship/viewer interest.
>
> Cycling needs to treat it as a mere rules infraction. Doping to gain an
> advantage is no different than an offensive lineman doing some holding to
> gain an advantage in football. Treat it as such and the negative press
> will
> be minimized.

:: it depends on what the issue is. other sports may be soft on doping

:: but they deal harshly with other violations (gambling, coruption, bad
:: bahaviour).
::
:: other pro sports have a "god", a commissioner who can make a decision
:: which is final.
::
:: if david stern wants to suspend an athlete (like he did with ron
:: artest) or fine an owner he does it and there is no CAS appeal etc.
:: etc.

Dumbass -

I don't pay attention to baseball, but the NFL and the NBA have an appeals
process to any ruling by the commissioner. The NFL's appeals process is sort
of a show trial since the appeal is made to the commissioner himself, but
the NBA's is conducted by an independent arbitrator.

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 18, 2010, 8:37:55 PM9/18/10
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

You know, I thought you did that, but I don't recall the reference to
controlling greed so I wasn't quite sure if it was just a coincidence. But in
light of your claim, I will give you credit for the Gekko discovery.

Magilla

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 18, 2010, 8:41:26 PM9/18/10
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Football and soccer are not good benchmarks for cycling because doping does not
have a direct outcome on the final score in a football game as much as dopng in
cycling does.

In sports where pure endurance is the difference between winning and losing,
you can't enforce doping in cycling like in ball sports, especially those that
depend on an entire team effort. There are no drugs in football or soccer that
will definitely make a persons core more goals. But in cycling, EPO will
definitely help you win.

Same with track and swimming. Dopers could come along and kick ass unless you
weeded them out.

Magilla

Fred Fredburger

Sep 19, 2010, 12:24:32 AM9/19/10
Magilla Gorilla wrote:

> Football and soccer are not good benchmarks for cycling because doping does not
> have a direct outcome on the final score in a football game as much as dopng in
> cycling does.

You don't honestly think all those 300lb linemen who run the 40 yard
dash in 5 seconds are clean?

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 19, 2010, 1:13:42 AM9/19/10

"Magilla Gorilla" <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote in message

Dumbass -

Well, GG said "Greed is Good" and I added onto it.

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 19, 2010, 1:17:13 AM9/19/10

"Fred Fredburger" <I...@just.dont.know.anymore> wrote in message

Dumbass -

One of them ran a 4.8 at the Combine last year.

That is in-fucking-credible for someone who weighs 300 lbs.

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 19, 2010, 4:49:39 AM9/19/10

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> One of them ran a 4.8 at the Combine last year.
> That is in-fucking-credible for someone who weighs 300 lbs.

The age of the Übermensch has finally dawned thanks to the efforts of
the pharmaceutical industry.

Fred Nietzsche

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 19, 2010, 5:52:45 AM9/19/10

:
: Football and soccer are not good benchmarks for cycling because doping
does not
: have a direct outcome on the final score in a football game as much as
dopng in
: cycling does.

Dumbass -

I don't know about soccer, but in football it does.

If a football team is getting dominated physically, it doesn't matter how
good the skill players are.

Frederick the Great

Sep 19, 2010, 3:32:47 PM9/19/10
In article
<7add277d-aaa4-41c2...@w4g2000vbh.googlegroups.com>,
Amit Ghosh <amit....@gmail.com> wrote:

NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB players all have a say when the
commissioner looks into an event. Sure the commissioner
has the last word. Cycling governing bodies have the
last word too.

--
Old Fritz