Cavendish to Sky

Uncle Dave

Oct 11, 2011, 12:48:48 PM10/11/11
Well, there's a surprise! Who ever would have guessed that? I think
what swayed him was the possibility of getting paid in a currency that
might still have some value ;-)

British cycling star Mark Cavendish has announced he will be joining
Team Sky for the start of next season.

The 26-year-old won the green jersey at the Tour de France before
collecting the world road race title this year.

"I'm confident that we can achieve success with the guys at Sky and my
aim is to win stages and the green jersey at the Tour de France," he
said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cycling/15259826.stm

UD

atriage

Oct 11, 2011, 1:03:52 PM10/11/11
On 11/10/2011 17:48, Uncle Dave wrote:
> Well, there's a surprise! Who ever would have guessed that? I think
> what swayed him was the possibility of getting paid in a currency that
> might still have some value ;-)

He's getting paid in chocolate buttons?

Simply Fred

Oct 11, 2011, 3:19:58 PM10/11/11

atriage wrote:
> He's getting paid in chocolate buttons?

With peanuts inside. Never forget the peanuts.

Presumably a 50% tax rate means he only gets half a peanut.

Uncle Dave

Oct 11, 2011, 5:39:46 PM10/11/11

He's a citizen of the Isle of Man which has a 20% top rate and,
according to Wikipedia "a £115,000 tax cap [that] equates to an
assessable income of £589,550". I'm sure he'll be earning a lot more
than that. Jammy bastard.

One of my pet hates is the islands scattered around the UK which enjoy
tax breaks but expect us to protect them. Sink 'em I say!

UD

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Oct 11, 2011, 7:22:25 PM10/11/11
On Oct 11, 2:39 pm, Uncle Dave <davidco...@t-online.de> wrote:

> He's a citizen of the Isle of Man which has a 20% top rate and,
> according to Wikipedia "a £115,000 tax cap [that] equates to an
> assessable income of £589,550".  I'm sure he'll be earning a lot more
> than that.   Jammy bastard.
>
> One of my pet hates is the islands scattered around the UK which enjoy
> tax breaks but expect us to protect them.  Sink 'em I say!

We're working on that, but unfortunately Rick Perry's
highly publicized doubt of climate science is undermining
our prospectus for targeted shoreline aggression
through carbon emissions: Why invade when you can
have the sea do it for you?

I have confidence in our business model in the long term,
though. It's especially efficient because we can have you
wankers pay to subsidize carbon emissions, and then
we turn around to the island nations, Florida, the Netherlands
and so on, and sell them carbon sequestration for self-defense.
It's just like selling their own fat back to them as soap.

Here, take my card, you'll be wanting it later,
Fredtyler Durden

atriage

Oct 12, 2011, 7:31:56 PM10/12/11
On 11/10/2011 22:39, Uncle Dave wrote:
> One of my pet hates is the islands scattered around the UK which enjoy
> tax breaks but expect us to protect them. Sink 'em I say!

Yeah, this lot are candidates for a Trident strike, no doubt about it.
http://www.taxhavenusa.com/

Simply Fred

Oct 13, 2011, 5:03:41 AM10/13/11
atriage wrote:
> Yeah, this lot are candidates for a Trident strike, no doubt about it.
> http://www.taxhavenusa.com/

Is 696 better than 999 ?

atriage

Oct 13, 2011, 5:54:57 AM10/13/11

Simply Fred

Oct 13, 2011, 6:46:28 AM10/13/11

Hopefully his friends brother isn't Flandis.