Contador

Fred Flintstein

Jul 24, 2011, 11:34:19 AM7/24/11
Dumbasses,

Until today Contador hadn't entered a Grand Tour and not won since
2005 (31st in the Tour). That was a string of 6 consecutive
victories, 2007 Tour, 2008 Giro & Vuelta, 2009 Tour, 2010 Tour,
2011 Giro.

S Perryman

Jul 24, 2011, 11:44:26 AM7/24/11
Fred Flintstein wrote:

Wonder if he will be sufficiently annoyed now to attempt the Vuelta in
September ...

Simply Fred

Jul 24, 2011, 12:35:05 PM7/24/11

S Perryman wrote:
> Wonder if he will be sufficiently annoyed now to attempt the Vuelta in
> September ...

And the kangaroo CAS agree.

atriage

Jul 24, 2011, 12:37:26 PM7/24/11

For technical reasons the hearing has been postponed till 2140.

Randall

Jul 24, 2011, 10:05:44 PM7/24/11
On Jul 24, 8:44 am, S Perryman <q...@q.com> wrote:
> Fred Flintstein wrote:
> > Until today Contador hadn't entered a Grand Tour and not won since
> > 2005 (31st in the Tour). That was a string of 6 consecutive
> > victories, 2007 Tour, 2008 Giro & Vuelta, 2009 Tour, 2010 Tour,
> > 2011 Giro.

No, Contador already said he is satisfied with a Giro win this year.

Randall

Jul 27, 2011, 1:36:36 AM7/27/11
Contador formally announced that he will not enter the Vuelta or ride
the Giro next year. Since the Giro has become so tough I sort of
understand his reasons. The Giro route and competition has become very
tough in recent years that it is very difficult for a potential TDF
winner to win. without burning out is chances. I still believe it is
possible for a rider to win the double. Part of the problem is
resisting the temptation to make senseless attacks.

I would like to see AC enter some fall races. In a strange fateful way
it is good that AC lost the TDF and spared cycling another disgraced
TDF winner. AC's doping case should have been settled before the start
of the TDF.

(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-rules-out-riding-vuelta-
espana )

Frederick the Great

Jul 27, 2011, 11:43:13 AM7/27/11
In article
<1ee39ca0-cd50-4415...@h7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Randall <randall...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to see AC enter some fall races. In a strange fateful way
> it is good that AC lost the TDF and spared cycling another disgraced
> TDF winner. AC's doping case should have been settled before the start
> of the TDF.

He should DQ himself before the official determination?
If cycling wants a clean image, they should work on their image,
just as FIFA, FIA, MLB, NBA, and NFL do.

--
Old Fritz

Randall

Jul 27, 2011, 7:55:26 PM7/27/11
On Jul 27, 8:43 am, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <1ee39ca0-cd50-4415-9bf9-224d7da10...@h7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>

Cycling needs to implement 1st strike lifetime ban. The appeals
process needs to much faster.

Randall

Jul 28, 2011, 12:21:53 AM7/28/11
On Jul 27, 8:43 am, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <1ee39ca0-cd50-4415-9bf9-224d7da10...@h7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

>  Randall <randall.shim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would like to see AC enter some fall races. In a strange fateful way
> > it is good that AC lost the TDF and spared cycling another disgraced
> > TDF winner. AC's doping case should have been settled before the start
> > of the TDF.

UCI needs to needs to implement a first offense lifetime ban. There
also needs to a be a expedited appeals and sentencing process. One
year is much is long a time to resolve a doping case.

Fred Flintstein

Jul 28, 2011, 7:36:57 AM7/28/11
On 7/27/2011 11:21 PM, Randall wrote:
> UCI needs to needs to implement a first offense lifetime ban. There
> also needs to a be a expedited appeals and sentencing process. One
> year is much is long a time to resolve a doping case.

The only way that would fly is if the sport took dope testing as
seriously as other major sports like tennis and football. Sports
that are not run by retards don't have these problems.

Jimmy July

Jul 28, 2011, 11:40:40 AM7/28/11
On 7/28/2011 4:36 AM, Fred Flintstein wrote:

> if the sport took dope testing as
> seriously as other major sports like tennis and football.

I doubt Randall got that.

Randall

Jul 28, 2011, 3:16:27 PM7/28/11
Conntador says that he attempt to do the double. AC rightly says that
he will need a stonger team. I think this is a very courageous goal on
his part. If he wins then cycling will be better for it. All of this
assumes tha he wins hi case.

( http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-says-giro-tour-double-is-possible-with-a-stronger-team
)

Simply Fred

Jul 28, 2011, 3:55:56 PM7/28/11

Jimmy July wrote:
> I doubt Randall got that.

The importance of being Randall.

RicodJour

Jul 29, 2011, 8:29:07 AM7/29/11
On Jul 28, 3:16 pm, Randall <randall.shim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Conntador says that he attempt to do the double. AC rightly says that
> he will need a stonger team. I think this is a very courageous goal on
> his part. If he wins then cycling will be better for it. All of this
> assumes tha he wins hi case.

Well campers, another July is drawing to a close and it's time to
start thinking about our awards for the year. I think we would have a
hard time picking a more deserving person than Randall for RBR's 16th
Annual Mr. July award. His brief entry above should cinch the
voting. There's enough fodder in those five almost-sentences for a
thesis. A quick review.

He was so concerned with brevity he left out letters.
Changing the spelling of the name from the subject to the body of the
post (always one of my favorites).
His understated mastery of stating the obvious.
His confusing courageous for overreaching.
His rosy cheeked optimism about a whining doper.
Etc.

Well that's my nomination. Please have all nominations submitted by
midnight on July 31st.
The winner will be feted at our traditional If It's Tuesday Who Got
Indicted? dinner dance.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jul 29, 2011, 7:57:23 AM7/29/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Don't mess with Randall or he'll sic a badger
on you, and that badger is CRAZY.

Fredmaster Ben

Simply Fred

Jul 29, 2011, 9:54:55 AM7/29/11
RicodJour wrote:
> start thinking about our awards for the year. I think we would have a
> hard time picking a more deserving person than Randall for RBR's 16th
> Annual Mr. July award.

Dunno, I think FAT must be a contenda too. It probably depends on who
has the better program.

Frederick the Great

Jul 29, 2011, 2:56:27 PM7/29/11
In article
<939720c6-2e49-4d73...@e15g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@aol.com> wrote:

FAT for sheer ingratitude. FAT criticizes the wit
of his corespondents while showing not even half as much.
Tied on top posting count.

--
Old Fritz

Randall

Jul 30, 2011, 4:11:30 AM7/30/11
On Jul 29, 5:29 am, RicodJour <ricodj...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jul 28, 3:16 pm, Randall <randall.shim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Conntador says that he attempt to do the double. AC rightly says that
> > he will need a stonger team. I think this is a very courageous goal on
> > his part. If he wins then cycling will be better for it. All of this
> > assumes tha he wins hi case.
>
> Well campers, another July is drawing to a close and it's time to
> start thinking about our awards for the year.  I think we would have a
> hard time picking a more deserving person than Randall for RBR's 16th
> Annual Mr. July award.  His brief entry above should cinch the
> voting.  There's enough fodder in those five almost-sentences for a
> thesis.  A quick review.
>
> He was so concerned with brevity he left out letters.
> Changing the spelling of the name from the subject to the body of the
> post (always one of my favorites).
> His understated mastery of stating the obvious.
> His confusing courageous for overreaching.

In my mind AC has simply been responding to the charges.