More candid conversation with Cav

z, fred

Apr 18, 2010, 9:41:50 PM4/18/10

Mike Jacoubowsky

Apr 25, 2010, 11:38:04 AM4/25/10
"z, fred" <No...@not.ca> wrote in message
news:BxOyn.111514$EE6....@newsfe23.iad...
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/cycling/article7101041.ece

Strange that nobody else followed up on your post. A really interesting
article. The guy definitely has his demons, demons that are more than
capable of taking him down. Really surprised that he opened up to the
writer as he did.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Ryan Cousineau

Apr 25, 2010, 8:30:31 PM4/25/10
In article <tZqdnV8VJ51A_EnW...@earthlink.com>,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote:

> "z, fred" <No...@not.ca> wrote in message
> > http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/cycling/article7101041.ece
>
> Strange that nobody else followed up on your post. A really interesting
> article. The guy definitely has his demons, demons that are more than
> capable of taking him down. Really surprised that he opened up to the
> writer as he did.

The NYVelocity axiom* ensures that rbr was not shocked. Nonetheless,
thanks for the follow-up, as I finally read this.

OTOH, it sounds like someone ought to parole his brother and get R. Lee
Ermey to be his coach. I like the sound of "Cav's faster brother."

*No, not the one about Chung's head on a stick, this one: "That a bike
racer is mental should go without saying."

http://nyvelocity.com/content/2006/levels-suck-explained

--
Ryan Cousineau rcou...@gmail.com http://www.wiredcola.com/

Amit Ghosh

Apr 25, 2010, 8:32:41 PM4/25/10
On Apr 25, 11:38 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "z, fred" <N...@not.ca> wrote in message

> >http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/cycling/article7101...

> Strange that nobody else followed up on your post. A really interesting
> article. The guy definitely has his demons, demons that are more than
> capable of taking him down. Really surprised that he opened up to the
> writer as he did.

dumbass,

he is a headcase, as is wiggins and maybe 50% of all bike racers.

they become morose/depressed/suicidal if they don't ride well - kool
aid drinking does that to you.

causes a total lack of perspective, it's not like his job is something
consequential like say saving toddlers and puppies from burning
buildings.

z, fred

Apr 25, 2010, 9:18:01 PM4/25/10

dumbass, you should be familiar with this:

"Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical."

Amit Ghosh

Apr 26, 2010, 7:56:54 PM4/26/10
On Apr 25, 9:18 pm, "z, fred" <N...@not.ca> wrote:

> dumbass, you should be familiar with this:
>
> "Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical."

dumbass,

all sports are mental - especially in the case of amateurs - doing
well at a sport makes you feel good, probably because it earns you
respect and admiration from your peers and doing poorly makes you feel
bad.

somehow we are wired that way, my guess is that in primitive times a
human's status among peers had a strong effect on their physical well
being. that's not really the case today but we are still wired that
way.

Scott

Apr 26, 2010, 9:52:23 PM4/26/10

You really don't get it sometimes, do you?

bar

Apr 29, 2010, 6:55:08 PM4/29/10

how's this for candid? -> http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/64th-tour-de-romandie-upt/stage-2/photos/118472

"The reason for the two-fingered salute, Cavendish said, was to "send
a message to commentators and journalists who don't know jack shit
about cycling," for writing him off."

heather

Apr 29, 2010, 7:38:14 PM4/29/10
bar wrote:

> "The reason for the two-fingered salute, Cavendish said, was to "send
> a message to commentators and journalists who don't know jack shit
> about cycling," for writing him off."

video of sprint here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1KNEw2qlm0

I've written Cavendish off, off of my bj list. (not that he cares)

F. Kurgan Gringioni

Apr 29, 2010, 7:53:05 PM4/29/10

"heather" <cle...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Dumbass -

Does your bj list consist of people whom you'd like to blow?

just curious,

Fred. presented by Gringioni.

heather

Apr 29, 2010, 8:32:03 PM4/29/10

Yes. I'm not sayin there's anyone on my list, but if there is, it's not
Cavendish. hth..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IdkhZX8vhkA/S1TO8zUfnHI/AAAAAAAAFDQ/vyCzh-gO1eo/s1600-h/week2-bw.jpg

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Apr 29, 2010, 9:00:16 PM4/29/10
On Apr 29, 3:55 pm, bar <barbari...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 26, 9:52 pm, Scott <hendricks_sc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > dumbass,
>
> > > all sports are mental - especially in the case of amateurs - doing
> > > well at a sport makes you feel good, probably because it earns you
> > > respect and admiration from your peers and doing poorly makes you feel
> > > bad.
>
> > > somehow we are wired that way, my guess is that in primitive times a
> > > human's status among peers had a strong effect on their physical well
> > > being. that's not really the case today but we are still wired that
> > > way.
>
> > You really don't get it sometimes, do you?
>
> how's this for candid? ->
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/64th-tour-de-romandie-upt/stage-2/ph...

> "The reason for the two-fingered salute, Cavendish said, was to "send
> a message to commentators and journalists who don't know jack shit
> about cycling," for writing him off."

Generally, nobody really likes a sore loser.
But here, things are different, for Cavendish is a rarer breed:
the sore winner.

Ben

Betty Munro

Apr 30, 2010, 4:50:59 AM4/30/10

heather wrote:
> Yes. I'm not sayin there's anyone on my list, but if there is, it's not
> Cavendish. hth..

We've got so many lists on rbr we need Lisp.

A. Dumas Fred

Apr 30, 2010, 8:06:24 AM4/30/10
Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

> On Apr 29, 3:55 pm, bar wrote:
>> "The reason for the two-fingered salute, Cavendish said, was to "send
>> a message to commentators and journalists who don't know jack shit
>> about cycling," for writing him off."
>
> Generally, nobody really likes a sore loser.
> But here, things are different, for Cavendish is a rarer breed:
> the sore winner.

Of course, now we get

“I want to publicly apologize for the gesture I made on the finish line
of the Tour de Romandie yesterday. I did want to make a statement to my
critics but I realize that making a rude gesture on the finish line is
not the best way to do that. I apologize to everybody watching the race
and especially the kids. I am not proud of releasing the feelings in
that way. I hope I can redeem myself and show my feelings and passion
for cycling with some exciting results in the next couple of months
rather than with gestures such as the one yesterday.”

(HTC-Columbia press release)

Bob Martin

May 1, 2010, 12:59:57 AM5/1/10

Did you mean
((We've got (so) many lists) (on (rbr we) need Lisp))
?

Betty Munro

May 1, 2010, 5:19:28 AM5/1/10

Bob Martin wrote:
> Did you mean
> ((We've got (so) many lists) (on (rbr we) need Lisp))

I think heather was referring to sexp lists
(blow (cdr (cavendish blowlist)))

Hopefully her blow operator rejects TK lists.

heather

May 1, 2010, 11:10:20 AM5/1/10

He's off his team's tour de romandie list now...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/cycling/article7113819.ece

Michael Press

May 1, 2010, 11:19:31 AM5/1/10
In article
<560268a6-31b7-46d5...@v37g2000vbv.googlegroups.com>,
bar <barba...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am worried about him.
He has always been a bit
unbalanced, but is showing
no wish to redress the balance.
When a public figure starts
fighting the critics he has
gone over the line toward
crash and burn.

--
Michael Press

F. Kurgan Gringioni

May 1, 2010, 1:14:46 PM5/1/10

On Apr 25, 9:18 pm, "z, fred" <N...@not.ca> wrote:

> dumbass, you should be familiar with this:
>
> "Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical."

The correct quote is:

"90% of the game is half mental" - Yogi Berra