Floyd to Lance & Co: Oh yeah? Fuck You (Again)

1 view

DA74

Sep 3, 2010, 11:33:01 PM9/3/10

Mr. Slate

Sep 4, 2010, 12:50:31 AM9/4/10

Ha, I was just reading this...
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5529667

But how much money could Landis potentially recieve?

Philip

Sep 4, 2010, 4:00:42 AM9/4/10
On Sep 3, 11:50 pm, "Mr. Slate" <LikeFl...@NoSpammers.com> wrote:
> DA74 wrote:
> > Whistleblower Lawsuit against the whole crew. Ouch.
>
> >http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2010/09/03/2010-09-03_s...
>
> Ha, I was just reading this...http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5529667

> But how much money could Landis potentially recieve?

I hope that if Floyd recovers anything that his donors sue him and
take that money back.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Sep 4, 2010, 4:06:09 AM9/4/10

Floyd should get triple damages - he has to ride
the Tour of California course three times over.

Fredmaster Ben

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 4, 2010, 8:23:51 AM9/4/10

It was called the Floyd Fairness Fund, not the Floyd Innocence Fund.

Where did Landis ever guarantee to donors that he was actually innocent and offer them a money-back return?  He never did that.

Magilla

RicodJour

Sep 4, 2010, 10:14:05 AM9/4/10
On Sep 4, 8:23 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> Philip wrote:
>
> > I hope that if Floyd recovers anything that his donors sue him and
> > take that money back.
>
> It was called the Floyd Fairness Fund, not the Floyd Innocence Fund.
>
> Where did Landis ever guarantee to donors that he was actually innocent and offer them a
> money-back return?  He never did that.

A car company doesn't have to claim a car is perfect, or provide a
money-back return, yet it still has to abide by the Lemon(D) Law.
There's an implied fitness of use. More importantly, perhaps, any
judge/jury would have issues with a Fairness Fund that was based on a
very unfair lie designed to harvest money from the public.

BLafferty

Sep 4, 2010, 10:21:05 AM9/4/10

It's only partly about the money. It's also about putting the Justice
Dept. in the position of having to decide whether or not to inplead the
government in to the case. If the government comes in, that means the
resources of the government come to bear. Smart move by Floyd.

The Lance PR machine can cry and scream all they want, but the time is
coming for Lance to cut a deal and hand Thom Weisel & Co. to keep
himself out of butt fuck paradise. Interesting that Lance's attorneys
had a sit down with the US Attorney in Los Angeles.

BLafferty

Sep 4, 2010, 10:38:59 AM9/4/10

I'd like to know when he filed the action.

--D-y

Sep 4, 2010, 10:55:56 AM9/4/10
On Sep 4, 7:23 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> Philip wrote:

Maggie: What happened to the high dudgeon IRT "Fraud Landis"? And
Lafferty's admiration for Lemond, in spite of strongly suspecting he
was a doper, too. You guys are such shameless whores.

I don't know about any "guarantees" but I'd agree this is all about
"fairness". Even though Floyd fucked up his dosage protocol, the first
test was contaminated or otherwise mishandled, to put it mildly. "The
process" should have stopped there, with the finger pointing at the
lab instead of Floyd. However, once under the crosshairs (having him
by the crotch hairs), they test test tested him until he was "found
positive". Inasmuch as most, if not all, competitors could easily be
imagined to be "found positive" given enough testing, interpretations,
white-out, violations of confidentiality, media witch hunts,
undercover police work, etc. etc., this really is about "fairness".

Good for Floyd. The TdF win is gone, but I hope there's enough left
after the vultures finish gorging themselves that he can at least buy
a nice doublewide somewhere and ride his bike every day if he wants.
And pay for that second hip replacement he's gonna need at some point,
too.

They really, really, really should have given him a job-- surfing the
internet ("financial consulting") from a carefully hidden desk in an
obscure office building might have been a good choice.

Maybe Betsy will invite him to the victory banquet if he does
something about that haircut.
--D-y

BLafferty

Sep 4, 2010, 12:07:18 PM9/4/10
On 9/4/2010 10:55 AM, --D-y wrote:
> On Sep 4, 7:23 am, Magilla Gorilla<m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
>> Philip wrote:
Maybe Floyd will obtain enough with his 30% to pay back the fairness
fund donors and have a victory party for everyone.

I wonder whether the US Attorney advised Armstrong's attorneys that he
is a target of their investigation. Meanwhile, Fabio the Shill is
running out of PR talking points.

But, the big question is, will Lance cry in public like Tricky Dick?

Davey Crockett

Sep 4, 2010, 12:37:01 PM9/4/10
BLafferty a écrit profondement:

| But, the big question is, will Lance cry in public like Tricky Dick?

But everybody loved Spotted Dick

Nobody loves Lance
--
Davey Crockett

RicodJour

Sep 4, 2010, 1:02:48 PM9/4/10
On Sep 4, 12:37 pm, Davey Crockett <r...@azurservers.com> wrote:
> BLafferty a écrit profondement:
>
> | But, the big question is, will Lance cry in public like Tricky Dick?
>
> But everybody loved Spotted Dick
>
> Nobody loves Lance

Comments such as that make me question my beliefs.
I thought you were from 'overseas' now I'm beginning to suspect you're
from outer space.

BLafferty

Sep 4, 2010, 1:11:27 PM9/4/10

Now you reveal just how provincial you are. Dick was loved by virtually
every house wife in France. That's quite different from being loved by
every bimbo, wanna be slut in the US. You need to travel more.

Davey Crockett

Sep 4, 2010, 1:18:32 PM9/4/10
RicodJour a écrit profondement:

With a bit of luck, Super Wanker will get the Tony Bliar treatment next
time he jumps on a platform.

(Tony Bliar was pelted with shoes and rotten eggs at a book signing
yesterday) Davey hopes most were direct hits

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2010/9/4/1283597624444/Tony-Blairs-first-signing-006.jpg

--
Davey Crockett

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 4, 2010, 5:20:16 PM9/4/10
BLafferty wrote:
> That's quite different from being loved by every bimbo, wanna be slut in the US.

You sound jealous (of the wanna-be bimbos and sluts that is).

Frederick the Great

Sep 4, 2010, 5:43:10 PM9/4/10
In article <84pqwti...@azurservers.com>,
Davey Crockett <r...@azurservers.com> wrote:

You support initiating violence.
Do you yourself throw missiles at people
who have not offered violence toward you?

--
Old Fritz

Davey Crockett

Sep 4, 2010, 7:04:38 PM9/4/10
Frederick the Great a écrit profondement:

| > With a bit of luck, Super Wanker will get the Tony Bliar treatment next
| > time he jumps on a platform.
| >
| > (Tony Bliar was pelted with shoes and rotten eggs at a book signing
| > yesterday) Davey hopes most were direct hits
| >
| > http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2010/9/4/1283597624444/Tony-Blairs-first-signing-006.jpg
>
| You support initiating violence.
| Do you yourself throw missiles at people
| who have not offered violence toward you?

A a direct result of Tony Bliar's lies, more than a Million and
counting Iraqis died and 4.3 million have been displaced.

You show me a Rope, a Lamp Post and Tony Bliar and I'll show you Justice
in double quick time. And no Long Drop - let him have 20 minutes or so to
repent his sins before he chokes whilst the crowd taunt him like these
brave boys taunting a poor defenseless Arab Woman

http://www.kawther.info/wpr/wp-content/uploads/criminals.jpg

He's committed Conspiracy to wage Agressive war
He's Waged Agressive War
He's committed War Crimes
He's commited Crimes Against Humanity

Any one of which would have got him hung by the Nuremberg Kangaroo
Kourt

--
Davey Crockett
Saving the World from Democracy

BLafferty

Sep 4, 2010, 10:26:51 PM9/4/10
You "sound" like a grasping Fuckwit who can't think of anything cogent
or useful to write. LOL!!

BLafferty

Sep 4, 2010, 10:28:34 PM9/4/10
He's a war criminal. Same with Bush, Cheney, Rummy, Rice and a few others.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Sep 4, 2010, 11:38:17 PM9/4/10

"BLafferty" <Br...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

That's both uncalled for and untrue. The Lance haters see what they want
to see, and nothing more. The Lance fanatics, the same. There's a middle
ground in which the truth resides. Lance was not just respected but
adored by a great many in France for his fame (which carries a lot of
weight regardless of how it's been achieved) and accomplishments. Not
everybody in France is infatuated with the latest L'Equippe scandal
stories. People in the countryside come from miles around to see the
spectacle and cheer on the winners, regardless of who those winners are.
But I guess I wouldn't be in a position to know anything about that.
I've only been to the TdF 10 times, spending most of that time out of
the big cities, talking with locals in seriously-dreadful French,
reading the local papers...

Lance makes headlines here for his lifestyle, but most don't give a
rat's tail about it. At least not in Europe.

As for Virenque, it has to be seen to be believed. It's a lot of things,
including redemption of the fallen, the hope for the "everyman" that you
can come back, that it's not a crime to be flawed. Virenque makes them
feel better about themselves. Some would say the French worship the
losers, but that's not really it, it's the heroic battle, and since
there will always be more heroic losers than winners, well, they're just
being practical.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Sep 5, 2010, 1:56:44 AM9/5/10
On Sep 4, 10:28 pm, BLafferty <Br...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> > | You support initiating violence.
> > | Do you yourself throw missiles at people
> > | who have not offered violence toward you?
>
> > A a direct result of Tony Bliar's lies, more than a Million and
> > counting Iraqis died and 4.3 million have been displaced.
>
> > You show me a Rope, a Lamp Post and Tony Bliar and I'll show you Justice
> > in double quick time. And no Long Drop - let him have 20 minutes or so to
> > repent his sins before he chokes whilst the crowd taunt him like these
> > brave boys taunting a poor defenseless Arab Woman
>
> >http://www.kawther.info/wpr/wp-content/uploads/criminals.jpg
>
> > He's committed Conspiracy to wage Agressive war
> > He's Waged Agressive War
> > He's committed War Crimes
> > He's commited Crimes Against Humanity
>
> > Any one  of which would have got him hung by the Nuremberg Kangaroo
> > Kourt
>
> He's a war criminal. Same with Bush, Cheney, Rummy, Rice and a few others.

I think those characters are rotten, but neither of you
understands the difference between vengeance and
justice.

Fredmaster Ben

Michael Press

Sep 5, 2010, 2:05:30 AM9/5/10
In article <84k4n1h...@azurservers.com>,
Davey Crockett <r...@azurservers.com> wrote:

Then you do not have the courage of your convictions.
You do not go up and sock the guy in the face;
but cheer on those sad sacks who do.

--
Michael Press

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 5, 2010, 5:58:36 AM9/5/10

BLafferty wrote:>
> You "sound" like a grasping Fuckwit who can't think of anything cogent
> or useful to write. LOL!!

A very palpable hit.

RicodJour

Sep 5, 2010, 11:16:25 AM9/5/10
On Sep 4, 1:11 pm, BLafferty <Br...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On 9/4/2010 1:02 PM, RicodJour wrote:

> >> But everybody loved Spotted Dick
>
> >> Nobody loves Lance
>
> > Comments such as that make me question my beliefs.
> > I thought you were from 'overseas' now I'm beginning to suspect you're
> > from outer space.
>

> Now you reveal just how provincial you are.  Dick was loved by virtually
> every house wife in France.  That's quite different from being loved by
> every bimbo, wanna be slut in the US. You need to travel more.

As you are the RBR resident expert on being a dick, I defer to your
knowledge.

Rik Van Slick

Sep 5, 2010, 11:39:27 AM9/5/10
On Sep 4, 12:37 pm, Davey Crockett <r...@azurservers.com> wrote:

But, nobody loves weepy meat.

Fred Fredburger

Sep 5, 2010, 11:53:30 AM9/5/10
Davey Crockett wrote:

> With a bit of luck, Super Wanker will get the Tony Bliar treatment next
> time he jumps on a platform.
>
> (Tony Bliar was pelted with shoes and rotten eggs at a book signing
> yesterday) Davey hopes most were direct hits

Comparing Armstrong and Blair would crack most posters "Top 10 Fucked Up
Posts I Wish I Could Retract" list. In your case, probably not.

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 5, 2010, 12:30:53 PM9/5/10

Michael Press wrote:
> Then you do not have the courage of your convictions.
> You do not go up and sock the guy in the face;
> but cheer on those sad sacks who do.

Somehow I doubt whether Blair would respond to an invitation to meet at
the Sausolito Starbucks wearing purple bibshorts.

BLafferty

Sep 5, 2010, 11:19:37 AM9/5/10
Then by all means explain it to us, Fucktard.

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 5, 2010, 11:02:24 AM9/5/10
--D-y wrote:

> On Sep 4, 7:23 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> > Philip wrote:

> > > I hope that if Floyd recovers anything that his donors sue him and
> > > take that money back.
> >
> > It was called the Floyd Fairness Fund, not the Floyd Innocence Fund.
> >
> > Where did Landis ever guarantee to donors that he was actually innocent and offer them a
> > money-back return?  He never did that.
>
> Maggie: What happened to the high dudgeon IRT "Fraud Landis"? And
> Lafferty's admiration for Lemond, in spite of strongly suspecting he
> was a doper, too. You guys are such shameless whores.

I just love the way Fraud is giving a beating to everyone. That is why he is my hero. He is a
very angry chimp right now, ripping the faces off the monkeys in cycling. That's what this sport
needs - new people in charge since the current ones are complete jackasses and imbeciles.

At least now, Fraud is telling the truth. So his beatdowns are righteous.

Like Lemon D, I have extended a hand of forgiveness to Fraud. He is now the Amish Annihilator.
He's like that little kid from Witness who grew up and decided to kick the shit out of the corrupt
Philadelphia pole-eece department.

Thanks,

Magilla

RicodJour

Sep 5, 2010, 1:41:13 PM9/5/10
On Sep 5, 11:19 am, BLafferty <Br...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On 9/5/2010 1:56 AM, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
>
> > On Sep 4, 10:28 pm, BLafferty<Br...@nowhere.com>  wrote:
>
> >> He's a war criminal. Same with Bush, Cheney, Rummy, Rice and a few others.
>
> > I think those characters are rotten, but neither of you
> > understands the difference between vengeance and
> > justice.
>
> Then by all means explain it to us, Fucktard.

To start, take the emotion out of seeking justice...which you are
evidently unable to do - you get so worked up about things.

You should probably stick with vengeance. Less thinking involved.

Fred Fredburger

Sep 5, 2010, 1:41:40 PM9/5/10

Given that you believe this, you should be embarrassed to have compared
LA to Tony Blair.

You should take meds to balance yourself out, except that the pharma
industry is conspiring to deny you proper medication. Those BASTARDS!

--D-y

Sep 5, 2010, 1:44:18 PM9/5/10
On Sep 5, 10:02 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> > Maggie: What happened to the high dudgeon IRT "Fraud Landis"? And
> > Lafferty's admiration for Lemond, in spite of strongly suspecting he
> > was a doper, too. You guys are such shameless whores.
>
> I just love the way Fraud is giving a beating to everyone.  That is why he is my hero.  He is a
> very angry chimp right now, ripping the faces off the monkeys in cycling.  That's what this sport
> needs - new people in charge since the current ones are complete jackasses and imbeciles.
>
> At least now, Fraud is telling the truth.   So his beatdowns are righteous.
>
> Like Lemon D, I have extended a hand

paw? banana?

> of forgiveness to Fraud.   He is now the Amish Annihilator.
> He's like that little kid from Witness who grew up and decided to kick the shit out of the corrupt
> Philadelphia pole-eece department.

I hope Flandis is telling the truth as he knows it, because further
revelations of lying will really hurt his cause-- riding off into the
sunset with saddlebags full of loot, like the other guys mostly got.
Fairness (since they all were doping and probably still are).

What would a new group of jackasses and imbeciles do, do you think, to
give cycling what it needs?
--D-y

BLafferty

Sep 5, 2010, 11:18:37 AM9/5/10
You haven't a clue as to what it was in France for Dick prior to
Festina. Totally different from Armstrong worship here.

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 5, 2010, 2:11:27 PM9/5/10

RicodJour wrote:
> To start, take the emotion out of seeking justice...which you are
> evidently unable to do - you get so worked up about things.
> You should probably stick with vengeance. Less thinking involved.

Or just get laid.

Mark

Sep 5, 2010, 3:16:14 PM9/5/10

He could be cycling's Hobo with a Shotgun...

http://www.hobowithashotgun.com/

BLafferty

Sep 5, 2010, 2:53:57 PM9/5/10

Vengeance can be a motivator for seeking justice. They aren't
exclusive. I have nothing personally to be vengeful about regarding the
Iraq invasion. I do believe it was a violation of international law and
that there should be accountability.

I have a friend, colleague and former law professor who is a barrister
at Matrix Chambers in London. They prepared arguably the seminal
pre-Iraq invasion legal analysis that concluded that the invasion would
be a violation of international law subjecting Bush, Blair and their
cronies to war crimes. That analysis has not changed. Attorneys
practicing international law have been and are seeking ways to hold them
accountable.
http://www.matrixlaw.co.uk/

--D-y

Sep 5, 2010, 3:59:47 PM9/5/10

Damn. Call Novitsky already, and let's get this show on the road!
--D-y

Uncle Dave

Sep 5, 2010, 4:54:12 PM9/5/10

"Vengeance" is when you do it to me, "justice" is when I do it you.
Hope this helps in your quest for knowledge.

UD

BLafferty

Sep 5, 2010, 2:55:31 PM9/5/10

When Armstrong goes into politics the comparison will be much more valid
from the standpoint of perpetrating frauds on masses of people.

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 5, 2010, 4:36:14 PM9/5/10
--D-y wrote:

> On Sep 5, 10:02 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
>
> > > Maggie: What happened to the high dudgeon IRT "Fraud Landis"? And
> > > Lafferty's admiration for Lemond, in spite of strongly suspecting he
> > > was a doper, too. You guys are such shameless whores.
> >
> > I just love the way Fraud is giving a beating to everyone.  That is why he is my hero.  He is a
> > very angry chimp right now, ripping the faces off the monkeys in cycling.  That's what this sport
> > needs - new people in charge since the current ones are complete jackasses and imbeciles.
> >
> > At least now, Fraud is telling the truth.   So his beatdowns are righteous.
> >
> > Like Lemon D, I have extended a hand
>
> paw? banana?
>
> > of forgiveness to Fraud.   He is now the Amish Annihilator.
> > He's like that little kid from Witness who grew up and decided to kick the shit out of the corrupt
> > Philadelphia pole-eece department.
>
> I hope Flandis is telling the truth as he knows it, because further

You mean you hope Lance is telling the truth, no? We all know who the liars are in this case. How
about we stop the bullshitting?

Magilla

Amit Ghosh

Sep 5, 2010, 6:26:44 PM9/5/10

dumbass,

that is exactly who he is.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Sep 5, 2010, 6:10:24 PM9/5/10

"Magilla Gorilla" <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote in message

His "beatdowns" are not "righteous" so long as he continues to
embellish the "truth" with lies and exaggerations. I had detailed
earlier the specifics involving his (recent) absurd allegations
regarding having to use second-rate equipment on the team. The guy can't
help himself. Neither, apparently, can many others.

It's so bizarre. Floyd may have a credible case for doping in the
peloton & team, but he fills in the details, backward, with stories that
sound like things that might have happened if that's the case. Other
people here do the same thing.

The facts are going to be interesting enough in themselves. They don't
need embellishment, and exaggerations only make it less likely that the
facts, what really happened, won't have the credibility they should.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Sep 5, 2010, 6:00:48 PM9/5/10
"BLafferty" <Br...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Just a bit earlier you said this-

>>>That's quite different from
>>> being loved by every bimbo, wanna be slut in the US. You need to
>>> travel more.

You need to get out more. When was the last time you rode a bike? I
recommend it highly. Maybe you can channel some of that energy into
something positive instead of name-calling & stereotyping women. Maybe
you might see things from a different perspective and actually consider,
oh, I can see why someone might think that, maybe I can have a
conversation with that person that won't devolve to the level seen after
far too many beers.

It's one thing to bait people to get a reaction. It's another to say
that someone's wrong if they don't see things the same way you do and
slander any woman who's a fan of Lance as you have. There are degrees,
gray areas, things that aren't binary. Very surprising that someone who
suggests that people "travel more" wouldn't see that.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Sep 5, 2010, 10:24:10 PM9/5/10
On Sep 5, 11:19 am, BLafferty <Br...@nowhere.com> wrote:

You're kidding, right? Maybe it's a damn good thing
you left the legal profession.

Vengeance is what they did to Mussolini, or the Tsar,
or Leo Frank. Mussolini deserved it, but it still wasn't
justice. Justice was dispensed at the Nuremberg
courts. You can have vengeance without justice.

I would think that a liberal who had lived in the South might
understand why jokes about ropes, lamp posts, and
justice are lame.

Fredmaster Ben

BLafferty

Sep 6, 2010, 10:31:56 AM9/6/10

This morning.

> recommend it highly. Maybe you can channel some of that energy into

> something positive instead of name-calling& stereotyping women. Maybe

--D-y

Sep 6, 2010, 3:56:25 PM9/6/10

(something of a summary) I said "fairness". In the context of
"everyone doping", Froyd got screwed-- the first test was so far
"off" (contaminated? whatever), the finger should have pointed at the
test administrators and the lab, instead of Froyd being tested until
found guilty. He got his TdF taken away after doing duty for #7. They
should have found him a job someplace in the org, someplace quiet, and
he could have said his hip hurt or something and begged off racing. Or
ridden Leadville, whatever.

Now, he's put himself in a position where, if the vultures don't pick
the bones clean, he can resurrect his reputation somewhat, avenge (in
the proper Amish manner, as you pointed out <g>) himself against those
who dropped him at the curb, and get that double-wide parked out in
the desert somewhere and maybe even get himself a decent haircut. If
he gets snared in more lies, it could be none of that works out for
him.

I've always shown "sympathy" for the riders and athletes, who are IMHO
pawns in the game. The really big money gets to pull their panties up
extra high and pretend shocked surprise.

I think Lance has his interests covered, layers deep, no matter they
take his TdF's away or whatever else happens to him. There's a measure
of real-world fairness in that, too.

Make some rules that can be evenly and fairly enforced before extreme
punishments are meted out, including public "shaming" by dipshit
sports writers who are just gaming the system, themselves.

Clear?
--D-y

Michael Press

Sep 6, 2010, 10:27:19 PM9/6/10
In article
<dff3dc93-4795-4480...@z28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
--D-y <dusto...@mac.com> wrote:

Yep.

--
Michael Press

Fred Fredburger

Sep 6, 2010, 10:56:08 PM9/6/10

Yeah, he's already committed War Crimes and Crime Against Humanity.

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 7, 2010, 6:13:25 AM9/7/10

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> Yeah, he's already committed War Crimes and Crime Against Humanity.

I bet he's got some blood diamonds too.

BLafferty

Sep 7, 2010, 6:59:50 AM9/7/10

What part of " perpetrating frauds on masses of people" did you not
understand?

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 7, 2010, 8:14:54 AM9/7/10
BLafferty wrote:
> What part of " perpetrating frauds on masses of people" did you not
> understand?

According to Chung's favourite online information source:
Common law fraud has nine elements:
a representation of an existing fact;
its materiality;
its falsity;
the speaker's knowledge of its falsity;
the speaker's intent that it shall be acted upon by the plaintiff;
plaintiff's ignorance of its falsity;
plaintiff's reliance on the truth of the representation;
plaintiff's right to rely upon it; and
consequent damages suffered by plaintiff.

So what damages were suffered by these nameless masses ?

BLafferty

Sep 7, 2010, 8:46:45 AM9/7/10

Assuming arguendo that the Uniballer perpetrated a fraud on the US
government, that would be us. That's lying to around 300 million people.
The damage is that he obtained government money that he was not entitled
to under the terms of the contract with USPS. There may also be money
laundering and mail/wire fraud charges as well.

There's this document we have that begins, "We the People.............."
Take a look at it sometime.

BTW, in law school it's referred to as the five fingers of fraud. I'll
let you look that one up if you so choose.

Carry on.

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 7, 2010, 9:27:08 AM9/7/10

BLafferty wrote:
> Assuming arguendo that the Uniballer perpetrated a fraud on the US
> government, that would be us. That's lying to around 300 million people.
> The damage is that he obtained government money that he was not entitled
> to under the terms of the contract with USPS.

Assuming arguendo that US Postals objective in sponsoring a cycling team
was to obtain publicity firstly in Europe to expand their business there
and secondly in the US. Winning the cycling event with the most tv
coverage 7 times (resulting in tour tv coverage in the US for the first
time) would appear to be about as optimal publicity as you could get
from a cycling team. Therefore US Postal supplied value for the money
spent on them so where are these damages to "we the people" (BTW what
about us aliens).

Fred Fredburger

Sep 8, 2010, 12:07:35 AM9/8/10

I understand all of it. What part of comparing LA to Tony Blair do YOU
not understand?

Fred Fredburger

Sep 8, 2010, 12:10:41 AM9/8/10
Magilla Gorilla wrote:

> We all know who the liars are in this case.

Everyone. Also goes for human beings in general.

--D-y

Sep 8, 2010, 12:35:37 PM9/8/10
On Sep 7, 11:10 pm, Fred Fredburger <I...@just.dont.know.anymore>
wrote:

> Magilla Gorilla wrote:
> > We all know who the liars are in this case.
>
> Everyone. Also goes for human beings in general.

Agreed. Sounds like the basis of our system of laws, here.

Brian?
--D-y

Message has been deleted