Janez we hardly knew ye!

RicodJour

Jul 6, 2011, 9:44:06 AM7/6/11
Ouch. An awfully steep price to pay for one of those post sprint
wheel touches. And AC was on the ground shortly after. It's one of
those hinky days.

RicodJour

Jul 6, 2011, 10:07:39 AM7/6/11
And Nikki Sorenson had his bike taken out from under him by a
motorcycle in a most unusual way. Hinky.

atriage

Jul 6, 2011, 10:23:32 AM7/6/11
Yeah, really nasty outbreak of roadrash on his hip, looked as if it had plenty
of embedded dirt in it too.

atriage

Jul 6, 2011, 10:29:17 AM7/6/11

That tom Boonen's a really sloppy dresser as well, disgraceful riding in a shirt
in that condition.

RicodJour

Jul 6, 2011, 10:41:21 AM7/6/11

AC's shirt looks like Greg Lemond's BIL or Dick Cheney had a shot at
him.

Oh, the humanity of it all!

atriage

Jul 6, 2011, 10:51:11 AM7/6/11
The way this TdF is shaping up it might be worth having a punt on one of the
longshots.

Scott

Jul 6, 2011, 1:53:09 PM7/6/11

Aside from AC, they're all longshots.

RicodJour

Jul 6, 2011, 2:27:59 PM7/6/11

AC got some buckshot in his back today. So let's tally the score here
on day 4:
- lost time caught behind a crash
- lost time in the TTT
- discovered his support ain't so supportive
- discovered that the Giro doth linger in the legs
- discovered that his uphill kick ain't all that
- got a back full of buckshot

I admire your faith, but we've burned people at the stake for less.

Fred Flintstein

Jul 6, 2011, 2:36:37 PM7/6/11
On 7/6/2011 12:53 PM, Scott wrote:

> Aside from AC, they're all longshots.

As I told my Norwegian heritage neighbor yesterday, if
no one drops Thor he's a lock to win.

Fred Flintstein

Jul 6, 2011, 2:44:16 PM7/6/11

Horner got dropped on the M�r-de-Bretagne. He should just shoot
himself and end it all.

Thor is climbing with the best. He's gonna win.

atriage

Jul 6, 2011, 2:48:24 PM7/6/11
Yeah well we'll know more on Saturday after they've finished fooling around in
the Massif Central. Fantastic scenery but difficult to appreciate when your legs
are screaming "You can't be serious" at you. An interesting 11k uphill drag to
the finish should be a nice little leg tester too. If Tor's still there after
that I'll eat my hat.

Frederick the Great

Jul 6, 2011, 7:22:35 PM7/6/11
In article
<0246e1f8-0828-40c9...@x12g2000yql.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@aol.com> wrote:

> And Nikki Sorenson had his bike taken out from under him by a
> motorcycle in a most unusual way. Hinky.

That motor bike had no business where it was.
Will the driver be tossed?

--
Old Fritz

Scott

Jul 6, 2011, 7:12:10 PM7/6/11

It's not so much that I have faith in AC, but rather I have little to
no faith in anyone else. Seriously, who else has demonstrated any
real killer instinct along with the physical capability to deal w/ AC,
unless of course he suffers from jour sans?

A. Schleck can almost climb w/ AC (as long as AC doesn't actually
attack him) but he can't TT worth a damn and he hasn't to my mind ever
demonstrated any tactical aggression. Over the last two years CE has
demonstrated some pretty fair aggressive tendencies, but he doesn't
seem to be able to match AC in the high mountains. He can limit his
losses in the TT, seemingly. Still, advantage AC.

Who else is there? VandeVelde? no. TD? hell, no. Basso? nah...

If not AC, who then do you see as the likely winner?

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jul 6, 2011, 11:43:59 PM7/6/11

======

It's not so much that I have faith in AC, but rather I have little to
no faith in anyone else. Seriously, who else has demonstrated any
real killer instinct along with the physical capability to deal w/ AC,
unless of course he suffers from jour sans?

A. Schleck can almost climb w/ AC (as long as AC doesn't actually
attack him) but he can't TT worth a damn and he hasn't to my mind ever
demonstrated any tactical aggression. Over the last two years CE has
demonstrated some pretty fair aggressive tendencies, but he doesn't
seem to be able to match AC in the high mountains. He can limit his
losses in the TT, seemingly. Still, advantage AC.

Who else is there? VandeVelde? no. TD? hell, no. Basso? nah...

If not AC, who then do you see as the likely winner?

=======

So I'm the only person surprised by Cadel going after it this early in
the game? On the offense instead of playing it safe? Get rid of that
awful voice and I could become a real fan. He's been an entirely
different person since winning the World's road race a couple years ago.
And he doesn't wrap himself in a fake personna (or, worse yet, a fake
personna that he actually believes).

I don't think there's any chance we would see the equivalent of the
Contador/Schleck detente on the Tourmalet if it was Contador/Cadel.
Contador might prevail, but Cadel would go down in flames first, firing
every weapon available, and when that failed, rip an antenna off
Prudhomme's car and stick it in Contador's spokes. And for that Cadel
would, at the very least, earn the "Most Aggressive Rider" award, with
Bernard HInault giving him a huge bear-hug just before announcing new
French policy of annexation of the Basque Country and making both
Spanish and Basque illegal languages to speak within France.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

A. Dumas

Jul 7, 2011, 6:02:19 AM7/7/11
Frederick the Great wrote:
> That motor bike had no business where it was.
> Will the driver be tossed?

Has been already. Word is that he was fired by radio call while still
riding that stage.

RicodJour

Jul 7, 2011, 9:15:46 AM7/7/11

Was he still dragging the bicycle when he got the call?

RicodJour

Jul 7, 2011, 11:40:15 AM7/7/11
And the Team Radioshack gremlins are still active. I only caught a
quick glimpse of Levi's crash. What exactly happened? It almost
looked like he got the heebie jeebie's being near the barrier and on
the paint, and then just slipped on the painted road marking.

sender

Jul 7, 2011, 12:38:38 PM7/7/11
Seems like that's what happened. Bertie Dopador had another fun day with a
couple of bike changes too.

RicodJour

Jul 7, 2011, 1:37:41 PM7/7/11

I'm waiting for his miraculous recovery after his "iron shot".
Probably a couple of days before he starts winning stages.

derf...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2011, 4:10:22 PM7/7/11
On Jul 6, 2:44 pm, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcremoveglobal.net>
wrote:

> Thor is climbing with the best. He's gonna win.

And then ... will Garmin have let Right guy or the Wrong guy win?