More on microdosing, Ashenden, and Caitlin

Brad Anders

May 26, 2010, 3:16:04 PM5/26/10
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5222488

Ashenden comes across as amazingly naive: "It's brazen beyond belief!"
There's nothing brazen about it at all, especially when you know you
aren't going to get caught, and if you don't do it, others will who
will beat you.

Floyd's revelations about the blood passport point out what many of us
have known for years: testing simply doesn't work, if your goal is to
"rid the sport of all doping". All it can do is keep a lid on it.
Ashenden is under the mistaken belief that he just has a few more
things to fix, and then he'll have cleaned up cycling. It isn't going
to happen.

Brad Anders

Brad Anders

May 26, 2010, 3:37:45 PM5/26/10
This article has some interesting new info, too:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/magazine/05/25/lance.armstrong/index.html

Quote:
-----------------
Landis's mention of Kristin Armstrong, who was divorced from Lance in
2004, raises the possibility that the feds will question her. But
Kristin told SI in a text message, "I have not been contacted, nor am
I in communication with Floyd or anyone else." As for Landis's claim
that he received EPO in her presence, Kristin wrote, "I don't remember
that."
------------------

Hmm, strike Kristin from those earlier reports of her cooperating with
the feds.

Brad Anders

K. Fred Gauss

May 26, 2010, 8:52:53 PM5/26/10

No, Lafferty was ambivalent about whether she'd cooperate or not.

B. Lafferty

May 26, 2010, 8:59:19 PM5/26/10

I merely commented that press reports have he cooperating with the Feds.
That could be part of a negotiation posture. Telling the press you
don't remember is much easier to do than saying the same thing under
oath of to a Federal investigator. She has a separation agreement to
protect and isn't going to say anything negative until she's compelled
to by a criminal subpoena to appear before a grand jury. Don't be
surprised if her attorney, Herman, makes a proffer in return for immunity.

K. Fred Gauss

May 26, 2010, 10:59:41 PM5/26/10

Immunity from what?

z, fred

May 26, 2010, 11:14:46 PM5/26/10

Voiding a divorce settlement agreement?

z, fred

May 26, 2010, 11:18:39 PM5/26/10

I guess that's a dumb statement. You can only offer immunity from
criminal charges. I don't think you can offer immunity from a civil suit.

Fred on a stick

May 26, 2010, 11:30:22 PM5/26/10

"Brad Anders" <pban...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Ashenden comes across as amazingly naive

Yeah, he hasn't changed.

DA74

May 26, 2010, 11:32:00 PM5/26/10
On May 26, 7:59 pm, "K. Fred Gauss" <n...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:

> >> No, Lafferty was ambivalent about whether she'd cooperate or not.
>
> > I merely commented that press reports have he cooperating with the Feds.
> >  That could be part of a negotiation posture.  Telling the press you
> > don't remember is much easier to do than saying the same thing under
> > oath of to a Federal investigator.  She has a separation agreement to
> > protect and isn't going to say anything negative until she's compelled
> > to by a criminal subpoena to appear before a grand jury.  Don't be
> > surprised if her attorney, Herman, makes a proffer in return for immunity.
>
> Immunity from what?- Hide quoted text -

Dude you obviously have no clue what cycling wives have to do. Here's
a primer: Edita Rumsas.
-DA74

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

May 27, 2010, 12:32:04 AM5/27/10
On May 26, 5:59 pm, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> I merely commented that press reports have he cooperating with the Feds.
>   That could be part of a negotiation posture.  Telling the press you
> don't remember is much easier to do than saying the same thing under
> oath of to a Federal investigator.

Dumbass -

It's the same thing.

It's impossible for anyone to prove that she doesn't remember.

thanks,

Fred. presented by Griongioni.

cur...@the-md-russells.org

May 27, 2010, 8:39:10 AM5/27/10

Or maybe the goal is to reduce the impact of the drug use that flies
low under their radar. No deaths, no big scandals, reduce costs to the
teams. Maybe THAT is a worthwhile achievable goal. Maybe their best
recourse is to unofficially an acceptable level of drug use that
primarily impacts training and not who wins on the Gavia, leaving Andy
as the last drug free winner.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Brad Anders

May 27, 2010, 1:46:09 PM5/27/10
On May 26, 8:30 pm, "Fred on a stick"
<anonymous.cow...@address.invalid> wrote:
> "Brad Anders" <pband...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Ashenden comes across as amazingly naive
>
> Yeah, he hasn't changed.

Here's more (from Cyclingnews article):

What came as a surprise to Ashenden was that the practices continued
during the Grand Tours.

"It came as a complete shock to me that a rider would continue to use
EPO during a Tour - but again, now that we have that knowledge tests
can be targeted accordingly, and I would suggest that better targeting
will result in more riders being caught."
------------------------------

Did he really think that athletes wouldn't use EPO during GT's if they
had figured out a way of doing it that avoided detection? Why assume
anything? For a guy who is known as one of the world experts on
doping, he seems to have a very poor understanding of his adversary.

Brad Anders

K. Fred Gauss

May 27, 2010, 5:06:30 PM5/27/10

Dumbass,
That was Rumsas. Not the same. There were/are guys all over the world
who are just DYING to poke Lance with their needles.