There's Nothing More Pathetic...

Brad Anders

Jul 9, 2010, 5:37:07 PM7/9/10
... than watching skinny-ass bike racers try to beat on each other.
I've seen 6th graders do a better job of it. Looks more like a cheap
porn movie than a fight.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fight-breaks-out-after-tour-stage-6

Brad Anders

B. Lafferty

Jul 9, 2010, 6:02:44 PM7/9/10
Not quite ready for a Bruce Lee film--although the comedy would fit in
well.

RicodJour

Jul 9, 2010, 7:06:01 PM7/9/10

Oh, yes there is. I clicked on a link on that page and was taken to
this:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/greg-lemond/cobblestones-crashes-and-potential-winners-of-the-tour

Greg is a douchebag. I mean an honest to God douchebag. Even when
he's not trying to be a douchebag...whoops!...he's a douchebag.

He writes how he took out an old man of the sport, effectively ending
his career, because he's smiling for the camera, he thinks that
roadside nurses are such big cycling fans that they don't want to cut
off his jersey (must have really rocked the continent the way he
racked up that COORS CLASSIC win the year before - scared the shit out
of the pro peloton, I bet), and there's more douchebaggery heaped upon
douchebaggery.

Why isn't he running for office?

DA74

Jul 9, 2010, 8:43:28 PM7/9/10

Here's the video. Just the first few seconds where you can see the
limp fists fly (37 seconds long):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KveDxORwcw8

But here's a better one of the fight done with xtranormal (40 seconds
long):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rc88xTRjo8

DA74

Fred Gringioni

Jul 9, 2010, 9:16:51 PM7/9/10

:
: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fight-breaks-out-after-tour-stage-6
:

Dumbass -

They should just let those guys fight. They're not really capable of hurting
each other and it's entertaining for the rest of us.

Boo on the guys that intervened.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Steve Freides

Jul 9, 2010, 9:45:08 PM7/9/10

Porn? Really?

-S-

drmofe

Jul 9, 2010, 10:57:08 PM7/9/10
On Jul 10, 9:37 am, Brad Anders <pband...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... than watching skinny-ass bike racers try to beat on each other.
> I've seen 6th graders do a better job of it. Looks more like a cheap
> porn movie than a fight.

You use this phrase "porn movie". I do not think it means what you
think it does.

Betty

Jul 10, 2010, 5:23:59 AM7/10/10
Fred Gringioni wrote:
> They should just let those guys fight. They're not really capable of hurting
> each other and it's entertaining for the rest of us.

Sounds like a rbr deathmatch.

--D-y

Jul 10, 2010, 10:16:14 AM7/10/10

I don't know... assault with a weapon, a retaliatory over the top nose-
breaker blow parried, followed by a spin and attempted elbow to the
throat (which luckily didn't land due to the tangle of arms and
wheel).
Pretty vicious, and someone could have been hurt.

Wonder what "the deal" was?
--D-y

NoDannyNo

Jul 10, 2010, 1:52:41 PM7/10/10

"...assault with a weapon"

That wheel? He'd have done more damage with a spool of cotton candy.

Fred Gringioni

Jul 10, 2010, 3:15:10 PM7/10/10

"Betty" <no...@mailinator.com> wrote in message

Bingo!

Fred Gringioni

Jul 10, 2010, 3:19:48 PM7/10/10

"--D-y" <dusto...@mac.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

The "blows" they threw was all rag-arm variety. You can't truly hurt someone
without proper form - when throwing blows standing up, the power has to
transmit from the ground, through your legs and torso. Even if a cyclist had
proper form, the lack of traction cleats on the cycling shoes would prevent
a transfer of any real power.

They were flailing around like girls. Add lack of arm wattage to the lack of
proper form and there's no way they can hurt each other unless they start
biting or eye gouging.

Carl Sundquist

Jul 11, 2010, 10:18:35 AM7/11/10

<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/
thread/4edf45cff7295eb6/6c8b08e20c7e17ae?q>

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jul 11, 2010, 10:36:12 AM7/11/10

da Costa is lucky Spinergys have long since been banned
from UCI races. If Barredo had come at him with a Rev-X,
it's doubtful they could have got da Costa to the hospital
before he bled out.

Fredcommissaire Ben

Anton Berlin

Jul 11, 2010, 11:37:29 AM7/11/10
I found something more pathetic.

Prince is in a catfight with Kenny G.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/100156/july-5-11-this-is-what-it-sounds-like-when-the-internet-cries/

You know you're career of cool is over when Kenny G picks a fight with
you.