That car driver needs to be executed

atriage

Jul 10, 2011, 10:57:14 AM7/10/11
Fletcher down. Hoogerland wrapped around a fence!

ilan

Jul 10, 2011, 10:59:53 AM7/10/11
On Jul 10, 4:57 pm, atriage <atri...@satriage.net> wrote:
> Fletcher down. Hoogerland wrapped around a fence!
> --

Apparently, it's from France Television which allowed you to watch
that.

-ilan

RicodJour

Jul 10, 2011, 10:59:14 AM7/10/11
On Jul 10, 10:57 am, atriage <atri...@satriage.net> wrote:

> Fletcher down. Hoogerland wrapped around a fence!

HOLY FUCK!!! I can't believe I just saw that. They should stop the
race and beat that fucking driver to death with bike pumps.

RicodJour

Jul 10, 2011, 11:05:02 AM7/10/11

It was on Versus in the US. Hoogerland is back on the bike -
amazing. He went back first into a post and wire fence, and took out
a post with his back. They're saying it was a barbed wire fence.
Sheesh.

WTF is up with the drivers this year? I think they should be dope
testing those fucking assholes!

ilan

Jul 10, 2011, 11:05:23 AM7/10/11

They're all mini-pumps now, so it's other stuff you do with them.

-ilan

atriage

Jul 10, 2011, 11:06:30 AM7/10/11
At least they got good coverage of Hoogerland being given running repairs, man
he looks really beat up.

atriage

Jul 10, 2011, 11:10:25 AM7/10/11
A few mini-pumps shoved up his derriere would encourage him to be a bit more
careful in future.

ilan

Jul 10, 2011, 11:24:05 AM7/10/11
On Jul 10, 5:05 pm, RicodJour <ricodj...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jul 10, 10:59 am, ilan <ilan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 10, 4:57 pm, atriage <atri...@satriage.net> wrote:
>
> > > Fletcher down. Hoogerland wrapped around a fence!
> > > --
>
> > Apparently, it's from France Television which allowed you to watch
> > that.
>
> It was on Versus in the US.

Versus uses France Television's images.

-ilan

DirtRoadie

Jul 10, 2011, 11:26:56 AM7/10/11

Send the driver to do live coverage of demolition derbies from a
motorcycle.
DR

Davey Crockett

Jul 10, 2011, 11:56:55 AM7/10/11
DirtRoadie a écrit profondement:

Don't get so excited.

Stupid as it undoubtably was, it was still an accideent.

Hmmmm. Pity it didn't happen to Pharmstrrong way back when.

--
Je me Souviens
When Britain's parks weren't full of Gypsies, Hookers,

Uncle Dave

Jul 10, 2011, 11:57:03 AM7/10/11

Oh come on, who among us can honestly say they've never knocked a
couple of fairies off their bikes...

UD

atriage

Jul 10, 2011, 12:02:25 PM7/10/11
On 10/07/2011 15:57, atriage wrote:
> Fletcher down. Hoogerland wrapped around a fence!

Both of them get the 'fighting award'...first time it's ever been given to two
riders on the same day...well deserved too.

MyPostingID

Jul 10, 2011, 12:11:55 PM7/10/11

So now, combativeness=unluckiness?

atriage

Jul 10, 2011, 12:18:13 PM7/10/11

combativeness = carrying on after you've just been shredded by a barbed wire fence

RicodJour

Jul 10, 2011, 12:16:41 PM7/10/11

Having a bad day, Dave? Maybe you should have a nice lie down.

My first reaction was to point out you are being an asshole in making
excuses for that asshole driver, and also wishing harm on someone.
But I overcame that first reaction.

RicodJour

Jul 10, 2011, 12:21:41 PM7/10/11

The combativeness is for soldiering on and finishing the day.
You would have been sitting on the side of the road crying begging for
morphine and yer mammy's tit.

Uncle Dave

Jul 10, 2011, 11:55:27 AM7/10/11

That will probably come as a shock to most yanks...

UD

atriage

Jul 10, 2011, 12:24:08 PM7/10/11
On 10/07/2011 17:16, RicodJour wrote:
> On Jul 10, 11:56 am, Davey Crockett<r...@azurservers.com> wrote:
>> DirtRoadie a écrit profondement:

>> | Send the driver to do live coverage of demolition derbies from a
>> | motorcycle.
>> | DR
>>
>> Don't get so excited.
>>
>> Stupid as it undoubtably was, it was still an accideent.
>>
>> Hmmmm. Pity it didn't happen to Pharmstrrong way back when.
>>

> Having a bad day, Dave? Maybe you should have a nice lie down.
>
> My first reaction was to point out you are being an asshole in making
> excuses for that asshole driver, and also wishing harm on someone.
> But I overcame that first reaction.

Dave comes across as someone who can't ride fast enough to appreciate what it's
like when you hit the ground really hard.

MyPostingID

Jul 10, 2011, 12:29:20 PM7/10/11

Ha, I never would have started to begin with! Total voyeur here.

DirtRoadie

Jul 10, 2011, 12:22:06 PM7/10/11
On Jul 10, 9:56 am, Davey Crockett <r...@azurservers.com> wrote:
> DirtRoadie a écrit profondement:

> | > HOLY FUCK!!!  I can't believe I just saw that.  They should stop the
> | > race and beat that fucking driver to death with bike pumps.
>
> | Send the driver to do live coverage of demolition derbies from a
> | motorcycle.
> | DR
>
> Don't get so excited.
>
> Stupid as it undoubtably was, it was still an accideent.

Ah! OK. Then there's no problem with it whatsoever and the victims
should merely thank the driver for helping them to provide some
additional excitement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w58DyumRduA

DR

ilan

Jul 10, 2011, 2:27:48 PM7/10/11

Actually, I may not be totally correct about this, there is a special
government organisation for video transmission which may not be
directly under the auspices of France Television, I forget their name.
Also it is Jean Francois Pescheux who is directly responsible for
getting the images, and he's working for ASO. However, all video
coverage is done either via the French government or ASO.

-ilan

Benjo Maso

Jul 10, 2011, 2:29:54 PM7/10/11

"RicodJour" schreef in bericht

Johnny Hoogerland: "One shouldn't be too harsh on the driver. He didn't do
it on purpose." That man is too good. He will never win the Tour, that's for
sure.

Benjo

ilan

Jul 10, 2011, 2:31:23 PM7/10/11
On Jul 10, 4:57 pm, atriage <atri...@satriage.net> wrote:
> Fletcher down. Hoogerland wrapped around a fence!
> --

Actually, the driving has improved. In the recent past, guys in the
caravan would get bored and start racing each other, that's how one
spectator got killed. That was the big change. Also, there was a big
problem in about 2002 with security guys coming back down the Alpe
d'Huez and beating up people who were slowing them down, as far as I
know, they put an end to that practice.

In any case, the solution to the driving problems is simple, just use
former racers. As far as I know, a number of the motorcycle drivers
have raced Paris-Dakar.

-ilan

ilan

Jul 10, 2011, 3:18:28 PM7/10/11

The last info I had was that the video was handled by SFP
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_M%C3%A9dia_France which has been
privatised since 2001.

-ilan

RicodJour

Jul 10, 2011, 3:39:48 PM7/10/11
On Jul 10, 2:29 pm, "Benjo Maso" <benjo.m...@upcmail.nl> wrote:
> "RicodJour"  schreef in berichtnews:e4527375-aada-4441...@o4g2000vbv.googlegroups.com...

That is one classy guy. The driver of the car...not so much. This
from the AFP:

A statement from organisers ASO (Amaury Sports Organisation) said:
"Following the accident which occurred at the 167 km mark... involving
the riders Juan Antonio Flecha and Johnny Hoogerland, vehicle Euro
Media numbered 800 has been excluded from the Tour de France."

Tour director Christian Prudhomme said the car had failed to heed
directives on the race's official radio channel.

"I announced on Radio Tour, which is the channel everyone should be
listening to, that all cars should pull to the side and give priority
to the team cars," said Prudhomme.

"The car previously received the order from the race direction not to
pass and let the Europcar team manager get through to the breakaway to
give Thomas Voeckler the bottle he was asking for.

"They did not take that order into account... and caused the crash of
both riders. This behaviour is intolerable."

He was blowing off the race director's instructions?! Yep - beat the
fucker to death with bike pumps. Or maybe let Flecha bump him into
the barbed wire at speed.

atriage

Jul 10, 2011, 3:56:54 PM7/10/11
> Or maybe let Flecha bump him into
> the barbed wire at speed.

Cancellara tweeted something to much the same effect.

Frederick the Great

Jul 10, 2011, 6:19:17 PM7/10/11
In article
<e73f3c3d-772b-486e...@j25g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
Uncle Dave <david...@t-online.de> wrote:

Always good for a laugh: ragging on outsiders
for being insular.

--
Old Fritz

ilan

Jul 10, 2011, 6:44:49 PM7/10/11

This confirms a theory I had which is that the real jerk was a
passenger in the car intimidating the driver to make an unsafe pass.
While it is still the driver's responsibility, it can still be
difficult for someone to insist on safety when his job is on the line.
For example, it was obvious to me from the start that real culprit in
the Lady Di death was the driver, but he was given instructions to get
away from journalists, and he would have probably lost his job if he
had kept the legal speed limit, 70kph, I imagine, instead of 150kph.

-ilan

ilan

Jul 10, 2011, 7:16:11 PM7/10/11
On Jul 10, 4:57 pm, atriage <atri...@satriage.net> wrote:
> Fletcher down. Hoogerland wrapped around a fence!
> --

Casar said he put on the brakes before the accident, because he felt
that the car wasn't going to make it. That shows good judgement from
experience.

-ilan

William Fred

Jul 10, 2011, 11:30:29 PM7/10/11
atriage <atr...@satriage.net> wrote in

> Fletcher down. Hoogerland wrapped around a fence!

As I watched it I thought of the UFO episode where the moonbase commander
who was directing the intercept didn't give the escape vector in time to
one interceptor pilot so the UFO crashed into him and killed him. She
was having an affair with the guy, so the head of SHADO thought she gave
him his orders to cover up the fact she was sleeping with him. Of course,
everyone was mad at her because the pilot was killed, SHADO lost a
moonbase interceptor, and it was a generally bad thing. There was a big
inquest and they ran a bunch of computer models that demonstrated that
the situation was bad and she screwed up before that by giving the wing
of spacecraft a bad approach vector to the intercept (which had nothing
to do with her sleeping with the pilot) but if she hadn't done what she
had done with the escape vectors, giving orders to her boyfriend last,
SHADO would have lost the entire flight of the three interceptors and she
was somewhat vindicated. My point being that not only have I probably
have devoted far too many brain cells remembering the details of cheesy
British sci-fi TV series from the 70's, but that from the video I saw of
the crash, had the car not bumped the two riders, it would have clipped
the tree, likely tossing it into the path of all the other cars following
on its bumper, causing a tremendous crash that undoubtedly would have
injured even more riders and stopped the race caravan and any riders
caught behind the pile-up. So maybe the driver did the only thing he
really could, and saved an even bigger disaster although it turned out
bad for Flache and Hooverlund.

--
Gerry and Sylvia Fred

RicodJour

Jul 11, 2011, 12:54:47 AM7/11/11
On Jul 10, 11:30 pm, William Fred <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> atriage <atri...@satriage.net> wrote

Thank you Mr. Anderson, but the driver could have simply
OBEYED THE FUCKING RACE DIRECTOR'S INSTRUCTIONS!

Nice reference, though, but you neglected the requisite supporting
evidence.
http://digilander.libero.it/guido_1953/pics/shado-3/ufo-gallery-1-moonbase.htm
&
http://digilander.libero.it/guido_1953/pics/shado-3/ufo-gallery-2-girls.htm

Podium girls could learn from the uniforms.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OYbmC3kTAvs/RXvV8OauYKI/AAAAAAAAABw/XDtaIRKgoRk/s400/UFO2.jpg

Jimmy July

Jul 11, 2011, 1:34:38 AM7/11/11
On 7/10/2011 8:30 PM, William Fred wrote:

<incredible wonderfulness clipped because I am jealous>

>but that from the video I saw of
> the crash, had the car not bumped the two riders, it would have clipped
> the tree, likely tossing it into the path of all the other cars following
> on its bumper, causing a tremendous crash that undoubtedly would have
> injured even more riders and stopped the race caravan and any riders
> caught behind the pile-up. So maybe the driver did the only thing he
> really could, and saved an even bigger disaster although it turned out
> bad for Flache and Hooverlund.

This is not a binary decision. The heroic thing to do would have been
for the driver to swerve LEFT, taking the tree head-on and sparing both
Flatch and Hoover.

William Fred

Jul 11, 2011, 3:39:02 AM7/11/11
Jimmy July <Fr...@burger.com> wrote in news:4e1a...@news.x-privat.org:

> This is not a binary decision. The heroic thing to do would have been
> for the driver to swerve LEFT, taking the tree head-on and sparing
> both Flatch and Hoover.

Fletcheau and Roombaland are going to get far more exposure for their
team out of this than they would have if they had finished the stage with
the break and came in 2nd and 4th, for instance. In fact, I think they
wanted to be crashed like that, which is why they were riding in the
center of the road instead of over on the right shoulder where they
belonged.

Of course, this is turning into a different type of troll than what I
originally intended, but I can go with this too.

--
FrEd Straker

William Fred

Jul 11, 2011, 3:56:11 AM7/11/11
RicodJour <rico...@aol.com> wrote in

> Thank you Mr. Anderson, but the driver could have simply
> OBEYED THE FUCKING RACE DIRECTOR'S INSTRUCTIONS!

I agree. But that is the same as saying the moonbase commander could
have avoided the whole problem by not fucking up the approach to the
intercept. However, once she had fucked up the intercept she had to do
what she could to get as many of the interceptors back as possible, even
if it meant sacrificing the black dude she was sleeping with. So just as
I'm not saying she was a heroine (and SHADO certainly didn't end with her
being a heroine), I'm not implying the car driver did the right thing,
just that it wasn't obvious to me that once the driver made the initial
mistake of trying to pass, the minimum damage that could have been
expected was precisely what happened. Plus, those guys will be on every
tour highlight from now until there is no Tour, unless the next French TV
car trying to pass a group of riders like a total dumbass goes left into
a tree, explodes spectacularly and kills 10 riders outright, severely
burns a dozen more, and forces a total cancellation of the remainder of
the tour. If that happens, I won't say "I told you so" but it will stand
as a semi-vindication not only of my analysis but also of my somewhat
eclectic but generally nerdy tv viewing habits.

--
Alec Fredeman

p.s. If the car does explode, I'm really hoping Thunderbirds 1 and 2
show up, with 2 bringing in the Burn Disaster Pod, to save the day.

Ryan Cousineau

Jul 11, 2011, 4:55:05 AM7/11/11
On Jul 10, 8:30 pm, William Fred <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> atriage <atri...@satriage.net> wrote innews:MvednROQdalRIITT...@brightview.co.uk:

Bill, that is a semi-interesting theory, except that the nearest rider
coming up from behind was over 4 minutes away. Also, you are slowly
winning me over to the idea of watching some Moonbase Alpha episodes.
Please stop that.

For all that, I firstly agree with Davey Crockett, whose point was
that the driver was presumptively not trying to do what he did (then
again, the driver of Princess Diana's death car was not trying to
commit regicide), and so we have to discount malice as a motive or an
offence.

That said, I've been a support caravan driver. It wasn't Le Tour, but
rule 0, 1, and 2 in that situation is "don't hit the riders." More
precisely, don't get into a situation where there's any question of
hitting a rider. I've done stupid shit while in a support caravan: bad
wheel changes while doing neutral support, getting lost multiple
times, and driving through the finish line (but behind the riders, not
in the middle of them). But I have managed to avoid driving into any
riders.

At some point, yes, the driver managed to turn a bad mistake into a
worse one. But he was very far from reasonable operating parameters.
He was alongside the riders on a very narrow part of the course, while
simultaneously disobeying race director's orders. Who cares what
someone in the car was saying to him? Let this be the lesson the
driver should have heeded, and that Aaliyah's last pilot should have
heeded: always remember your professional priorities. In the case of
TV France Driver 800, it was "don't hit the riders." In the case of
Aaliyah's pilot, it was "don't kill your passengers." (of course, Luis
Morales III's mistakes started with "don't fake your flying
credentials," and "don't report for duty with cocaine and alcohol in
your system"; by the time he got to "don't get pressured by your
clients to engage in unsafe flights" and went on to "don't take off
700 pounds overweight with your Cg in the wrong place", the accident
was overdetermined, and a probable take-off engine failure was all the
bad luck he needed).

Few accidents have a single root cause. To get where the TdF driver
got to, he had to disobey both basic tenets of safe driving and the
instructions of race officials.

Simply Fred

Jul 11, 2011, 6:06:02 AM7/11/11
atriage wrote:
> A few mini-pumps shoved up his derriere would encourage him to be a bit
> more careful in future.

Perhaps they could shove them down and then start pumping to see what
the max psi of the pumps are.

Simply Fred

Jul 11, 2011, 6:10:05 AM7/11/11
Uncle Dave wrote:
> Oh come on, who among us can honestly say they've never knocked a
> couple of fairies off their bikes...

Cool, they got rednecks in the UK too.

Uncle Dave

Jul 11, 2011, 6:12:23 AM7/11/11

Not really. The sun don't shine much in these parts ;-)

UD

Simply Fred

Jul 11, 2011, 6:15:01 AM7/11/11
William Fred wrote:
> If that happens, I won't say "I told you so" but it will stand
> as a semi-vindication not only of my analysis but also of my somewhat
> eclectic but generally nerdy tv viewing habits.

Dumbass,
If you want brownie points on rbr kindly reference a porn movie.

Uncle Dave

Jul 11, 2011, 6:19:23 AM7/11/11

Our banjos don't measure up either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6TQN2N4fM

UD

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jul 11, 2011, 7:55:26 AM7/11/11
On Jul 11, 9:39 am, William Fred <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Jimmy July <F...@burger.com> wrote innews:4e1a...@news.x-privat.org:

Dumbass,

I don't believe in the no-win scenario.

Starfredcadet Ben

William Fred

Jul 11, 2011, 9:55:54 PM7/11/11
Ryan Cousineau <rcou...@gmail.com> wrote in

Admittedly, when I first saw the clip I hadn't watched the stage, or even
knew who won, so I didn't know that the break was so far ahead of the
main field when this happened. That lack of knowledge colored my
analysis, but referencing what happened to the plight of the Moonbase
interceptors was my first thought. It also seems to me that forming an
opinion while lacking all the basic information relevant for forming that
opinion is so quintessentially usenet that to beat on me for that is sort
of like pointing out that Baby Trig is still retarded.

Incidentally, if you want to find this, you have to watch episodes of the
series UFO, not Moonbase Alpha. Maybe you knew that, but I think it's
important to belabor the point since I never watched the latter. Other
than that, I agree with you. The driver was wrong wrong wrong, but they
were probably wired to the gills on crystal meth, just like all the
riders.

--
Bill Fred

Simply Fred

Jul 12, 2011, 5:41:36 AM7/12/11
William Fred wrote:
> Incidentally, if you want to find this, you have to watch episodes of the
> series UFO, not Moonbase Alpha.

That was the one that was also called Alpha 1999 if I recall correctly.
In retrospect they were extremely optimistic about mans return to the
moon back in the eighties.

Dumbass

Jul 12, 2011, 9:57:35 AM7/12/11
On Jul 10, 11:55 am, Uncle Dave <davidco...@t-online.de> wrote:
> On Jul 10, 4:24 pm, ilan <ilan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It was on Versus in the US.
>
> > Versus uses France Television's images.
>
> That will probably come as a shock to most yanks...
>
> UD

The Frogs have TV cameras?

RicodJour

Jul 12, 2011, 10:19:22 AM7/12/11

The show you're referring to was Space 1999. I personally consider
that program to be the reason we don't have hot dog stands and hot
purple-haired babes on the moon right now. A spinoff show is not
supposed to be neutered. They took the sexiness and mesh shirts out
of the show and dropped in Barbara Bain?!

As some professor or other said, "If male youth studied physics and
math with the intensity and exuberance with which they study the
female bosom, we'd be running hot dog stands on the Moon by now."

Dumbass

Jul 12, 2011, 10:01:48 AM7/12/11
On Jul 10, 10:57 am, atriage <atri...@satriage.net> wrote:
> Fletcher down. Hoogerland wrapped around a fence!
> --

Obviously the Tour officials have decided to make the race more like
our morning commutes.

Dumbass

Jul 12, 2011, 10:20:15 AM7/12/11
On Jul 10, 11:30 pm, William Fred <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> atriage <atri...@satriage.net> wrote innews:MvednROQdalRIITT...@brightview.co.uk:

> > Fletcher down. Hoogerland wrapped around a fence!
>
> from the video I saw of
> the crash, had the car not bumped the two riders, it would have clipped
> the tree, likely tossing it into the path of all the other cars following
> on its bumper, causing a tremendous crash that undoubtedly would have
> injured even more riders and stopped the race caravan and any riders
> caught behind the pile-up.  So maybe the driver did the only thing he
> really could, and saved an even bigger disaster although it turned out
> bad for Flache and Hooverlund.
>
> --
> Gerry and Sylvia Fred

Dumbass, Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvnLDpgmT6U

The car had room to get closer to the tree. The driver was on the
side where the tree was so he could have cut it closer to the tree.

The driver was going too fast and not thinking ahead defensively. He
seemed to have trouble judging how close he was to the riders.

Makes you wonder if the driver was use to driving a car with the
steering wheel on the right.

A. Dumas

Jul 12, 2011, 10:46:14 AM7/12/11
Dumbass wrote:
> Dumbass, Here's the video:

In HD:
http://ewoud.home.xs4all.nl/cycling/20110710_tourdefrance_carcrash_720p.html
inluding ITV4 screen caps of driver and passenger.

thirty-six

Jul 12, 2011, 11:29:50 AM7/12/11
On Jul 12, 3:46 pm, "A. Dumas" <alexan...@dumas.fr.invalid> wrote:
> Dumbass wrote:
> > Dumbass, Here's the video:
>
> In HD:http://ewoud.home.xs4all.nl/cycling/20110710_tourdefrance_carcrash_72...

> inluding ITV4 screen caps of driver and passenger.

Looks like a woman. Cross-over steering is bad, as is steering with
one hand. How else did the indicater stalk get knocked, did the
passenger grab the wheel to mitgate the injuries?

thirty-six

Jul 12, 2011, 11:44:10 AM7/12/11
On Jul 12, 3:46 pm, "A. Dumas" <alexan...@dumas.fr.invalid> wrote:
> Dumbass wrote:
> > Dumbass, Here's the video:
>
> In HD:http://ewoud.home.xs4all.nl/cycling/20110710_tourdefrance_carcrash_72...

> inluding ITV4 screen caps of driver and passenger.

This shot also demonstrates clearly that the driver over-reacted to
the presence of the tree, which clearly was not moving. A lesser
steering input even at such a late stage would have sufficed. Perhaps
the organisation should ensure that all professional drivers have
100000 miles on the bike experience of club riding and racing as well
as an ability to drive a manual transmission to a high standard.

Dumbass

Jul 12, 2011, 12:23:12 PM7/12/11

Looking closely at what happened before she hit the bike.

1. She ran off the road.

2. The turn signal came on.

3. She (arguably) overcorrected to get back on the hard surface.

Could be the tree, or the humps along the side of the road spooked
her. Not only was the road narrow, but off-road area that she drove
off into is irregular and not flat.

Dumbass

Jul 12, 2011, 12:35:23 PM7/12/11

Illustrates the principle that one you run off the road you should
slow down and not try to get back on quickly.

thirty-six

Jul 12, 2011, 12:56:44 PM7/12/11

Oh dear, I didn't think, most drivers will not have had the experience
of sticking a couple of wheels over the edge. With radial ply tyres
it makes no difference as long as you don't hoof it. The suspension
on any regular medium or large saloon would cope with that edge
without drama. It's the driver's actions which are normally to blame
for lack of control, as it is here, TOTALLY.

A. Dumas

Jul 12, 2011, 1:52:39 PM7/12/11
thirty-six wrote:
> On Jul 12, 3:46 pm, A. Dumas wrote:
>> In HD: http://ewoud.home.xs4all.nl/cycling/20110710_tourdefrance_carcrash_720p.html

>> inluding ITV4 screen caps of driver and passenger.
>
> Looks like a woman. Cross-over steering is bad, as is steering with
> one hand. How else did the indicater stalk get knocked, did the
> passenger grab the wheel to mitgate the injuries?

The screenshots are not from the same video and not from the same time.
ITV4 crew followed them into a parking lot. It's up on their website,
accessible to UKians.

thirty-six

Jul 12, 2011, 7:29:21 PM7/12/11
On Jul 12, 6:52 pm, "A. Dumas" <alexan...@dumas.fr.invalid> wrote:
> thirty-six wrote:
> > On Jul 12, 3:46 pm, A. Dumas wrote:
> >> In HD:http://ewoud.home.xs4all.nl/cycling/20110710_tourdefrance_carcrash_72...

> >> inluding ITV4 screen caps of driver and passenger.
>
> > Looks like a woman.  Cross-over steering is bad, as is steering with
> > one hand.  How else did the indicater stalk get knocked, did the
> > passenger grab the wheel to mitgate the injuries?
>
> The screenshots are not from the same video and not from the same time.
> ITV4 crew followed them into a parking lot. It's up on their website,
> accessible to UKians.

New video evidence from inside the car tells what really happened.
http://youtu.be/bx_XBnGx1LE?t=29s

thirty-six

Jul 12, 2011, 7:54:26 PM7/12/11

and a little more detail of why you want a P5B coupe
http://youtu.be/PgMRw_ZSIfE

A. Dumas

Jul 13, 2011, 7:44:06 AM7/13/11
thirty-six wrote:
> New video evidence from inside the car tells what really happened.
> http://youtu.be/bx_XBnGx1LE?t=29s

Aaah yes, another excellent Rutger Hauer film.