Two observations

Carl Sundquist

Jul 16, 2010, 12:40:45 PM7/16/10
First, just a reminder: If not for the protest led by Saxo teammate
Cancellara that allowed Schleck to catch up to the peloton, Schleck
would be about 4 minutes behind Contador.

Second, does anyone besides the French give a damn about the mountains
classification anymore?

Anton Berlin

Jul 16, 2010, 12:42:10 PM7/16/10
Who want's the tour to end before it gets started and because of
shitty course selection?

Jimmy July

Jul 16, 2010, 1:33:54 PM7/16/10
On 07/16/2010 09:42 AM, Anton Berlin wrote:
> Who want's the tour to end before it gets started and because of
> shitty course selection?

Who wants it to end because LANCE isn't winning?

Ben Trovato

Jul 16, 2010, 2:04:34 PM7/16/10

Saxo wasn't the only team with its leaders behind, and if the others
had wanted to ride, they would have (remember the protest against
Cavendish in the Tour de Suisse?). I'd rather see gaps caused by a
known conditions like pavés or an HC col than occuring as the result
of some motor oil spilled across the road.

The non-French teams are built around their contenders for yellow or
green; and a decline in the number of summit finishes makes it easier
for spotted jersey contenders to go early and finish late.

Anton Berlin

Jul 16, 2010, 2:21:08 PM7/16/10

Lance for fucks sake !

Frederick the Great

Jul 16, 2010, 5:12:00 PM7/16/10
In article
<98977de0-7250-409f...@z8g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
Carl Sundquist <carl.su...@gmail.com> wrote:

Possibly not. The green jersey is often won by the
fastest sprinter. The mountains jersey is never won by
the strongest climber. Look at the stages and plot
which climbs to win. Look for a single day exploit. The
green jersey is won in scrums at the finish line giving
it more glamour.

--
Old Fritz

Frederick the Great

Jul 16, 2010, 5:12:54 PM7/16/10
In article <4c40...@news.x-privat.org>,
Jimmy July <J...@JimmyJim.JimJimJim> wrote:

I do!

--
Old Fritz

Uncle Dave

Jul 16, 2010, 5:17:07 PM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 10:12 pm, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article <4c409...@news.x-privat.org>,

If there's anyone out there who thought that Armstrong had a cat in
hell's chance of wining this Tour, then I'd like to meet them. I have
some really neat Get-Rich-Quick schemes I'd like to discuss. All you
do is copy this email and send it to everyone in the known universe,
then send me your bank details - don't forget the password, that's
vital if you don't want anyone to steal from you - and your personal
fortune will change overnight.

UD

Jimmy July

Jul 16, 2010, 8:35:30 PM7/16/10

Of course LANCE had a chance at winning. He would, too, if it weren't
for all the dirty dopers who invaded the sport after he retired.

By the way, you remind me of a Nigerian Prince I used to know!

derf...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2010, 11:05:09 PM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 12:40 pm, Carl Sundquist <carl.sundqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Second, does anyone besides the French give a damn about the mountains
> classification anymore?

I blame that on Virenque.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 17, 2010, 12:03:46 AM7/17/10

"Frederick the Great" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
:
: Possibly not. The green jersey is often won by the

: fastest sprinter. The mountains jersey is never won by
: the strongest climber.

Dumbass -

Sometimes it is.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Frederick the Great

Jul 17, 2010, 4:08:28 AM7/17/10
In article <i1r9v0$pa8$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Frederick the Great" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> :
> : Possibly not. The green jersey is often won by the
> : fastest sprinter. The mountains jersey is never won by
> : the strongest climber.
>
> Dumbass -
>
> Sometimes it is.

Recently?
I see the strongest climbers contesting the GC,
not taking mountain points. The GC contenders
typically grab respectable totals in the
mountain classification; and I extrapolate
a win in the MC if they tried. After stage 12:

1 Anthony Charteau (Fra) Bbox Bouygues Telecom 107  pts
2 Jérôme Pineau (Fra) Quick Step 92
3 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank 64
4 Christophe Moreau (Fra) Caisse d'Epargne 62
5 Mario Aerts (Bel) Omega Pharma-Lotto 58
6 Sandy Casar (Fra) Française des Jeux 56
7 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Farnese Vini 56
8 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Astana 52
9 Samuel Sánchez Gonzalez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 50
10 Luis León Sánchez Gil (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 47

--
Old Fritz

Uncle Dave

Jul 17, 2010, 6:00:27 AM7/17/10

Which reminds me, have you sent that $10,000 yet? I can't transfer
the $2m until you do.

UD

Davey Crockett

Jul 17, 2010, 8:15:01 AM7/17/10
Uncle Dave a écrit profondement:

| Which reminds me, have you sent that $10,000 yet? I can't transfer
| the $2m until you do.

Just as soon as I get the 99,000,000 from that Singapore Bank

--
The French parliament moved on Tuesday to ban the burqa across the
country. What a drag. Now we have to look at the ugly bitches

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 17, 2010, 7:04:31 PM7/17/10

: In article <i1r9v0$pa8$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

: "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:
:
: > "Frederick the Great" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
: > news:rubrum-45D3C9....@news.albasani.net...
: > :
: > : Possibly not. The green jersey is often won by the
: > : fastest sprinter. The mountains jersey is never won by
: > : the strongest climber.
: >
: > Dumbass -
: >
: > Sometimes it is.
:
: Recently?

Dumbass -

You wrote 'never'.

Frederick the Great

Jul 18, 2010, 3:19:12 AM7/18/10
In article <i1tcu8$ilk$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Frederick the Great" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> : In article <i1r9v0$pa8$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> : "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> :
> : > "Frederick the Great" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> : > news:rubrum-45D3C9....@news.albasani.net...
> : > :
> : > : Possibly not. The green jersey is often won by the
> : > : fastest sprinter. The mountains jersey is never won by
> : > : the strongest climber.
> : >
> : > Dumbass -
> : >
> : > Sometimes it is.
> :
> : Recently?
>

> Dumbass -
>
> You wrote 'never'.

I know.

Recently?

--
Old Fritz

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 19, 2010, 1:43:29 AM7/19/10

: In article <i1tcu8$ilk$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Dumbass -

Michael Rasmussen. 2005 & 2006.

Frederick the Great

Jul 19, 2010, 10:47:46 PM7/19/10
In article <i20om8$phe$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Frederick the Great" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> : In article <i1tcu8$ilk$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> : "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> :
> : > "Frederick the Great" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> : > news:rubrum-AF8628....@news.albasani.net...
> : > : In article <i1r9v0$pa8$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> : > : "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> : > :
> : > : > "Frederick the Great" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> : > : > news:rubrum-45D3C9....@news.albasani.net...
> : > : > :
> : > : > : Possibly not. The green jersey is often won by the
> : > : > : fastest sprinter. The mountains jersey is never won by
> : > : > : the strongest climber.
> : > : >
> : > : > Dumbass -
> : > : >
> : > : > Sometimes it is.
> : > :
> : > : Recently?
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : > Dumbass -
> : >
> : > You wrote 'never'.
> :
> : I know.
> :
> : Recently?
>

> Dumbass -
>
> Michael Rasmussen. 2005 & 2006.

Thanks. I am wrong about that.

--
Old Fritz

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 20, 2010, 12:16:32 AM7/20/10

: In article <i20om8$phe$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Dumbass -

In your defense, before Rasmussen, there was quite a big gap. It was
especially evident during the Virenque-Pantani years. It was so dumb when
Spotted Dick claimed he was the best climber just because he won the polka
dots.