2011 TDF a boring race

Randall

Jul 24, 2011, 10:09:43 PM7/24/11
This years TDF was one of the most boring ones I have seen in decades.
This year did not not have a patron and race is less exciting. The
leaders spent most of the tour watching each other. Hopefull we will
see more panache next year.

Vagina Gorilla

Jul 24, 2011, 11:05:04 PM7/24/11
Welcome back Kunich.

Davey Crockett

Jul 24, 2011, 11:44:07 PM7/24/11
Randall a écrit profondement:

You sure got that right

It's much more exciting watching a bunch of domestiques pushing the
likes of Pharmstrong around the course in a wheelchair.

--
Davey Crockett
http://azurservers.com

Nagurski

Jul 25, 2011, 12:06:59 AM7/25/11

Hmmm, I was just thinking this was one of the most interesting tours
in a long time. The absence of a "patron" actually makes the race far
more suspenseful.

Although, for you Contador jizz lickers, it probably was kinda sucky.

Randall

Jul 25, 2011, 12:23:49 AM7/25/11
On Jul 24, 9:06 pm, Nagurski <nagur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 7:09 pm, Randall <randall.shim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This years TDF was one of the most boring ones I have seen in decades.
> > This year did not not have a patron and race is less exciting. The
> > leaders spent most of the tour watching each other. Hopefull we will
> > see more panache next year.

I was hoping to see more attacks from the favorites this year. The
1989 TDF was one the most exciting because Lemond & Fignon were
attacking each other all the time. The leaders spent 99% of the time
to see who would weaken. Sure we saw Contador and Andy Schleck attack
in the alps, but it's still a bit mundane in terms of tour history.

Frederick the Great

Jul 25, 2011, 1:02:10 AM7/25/11
In article
<d80e458c-9354-4979...@e20g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Randall <randall...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 24, 9:06 pm, Nagurski <nagur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jul 24, 7:09 pm, Randall <randall.shim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > This years TDF was one of the most boring ones I have seen in decades.
> > > This year did not not have a patron and race is less exciting. The
> > > leaders spent most of the tour watching each other. Hopefull we will
> > > see more panache next year.
>
> I was hoping to see more attacks from the favorites this year. The
> 1989 TDF was one the most exciting because Lemond & Fignon were
> attacking each other all the time. The leaders spent 99% of the time
> to see who would weaken. Sure we saw Contador and Andy Schleck attack
> in the alps, but it's still a bit mundane in terms of tour history.

The contenders spend all their time looking at each other,
searching out weakness.

--
Old Fritz

Randall

Jul 25, 2011, 1:12:19 AM7/25/11
On Jul 24, 10:02 pm, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <d80e458c-9354-4979-b74a-bc0da2aad...@e20g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

>  Randall <randall.shim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I was hoping to see more attacks from the  favorites this year. The
> > 1989 TDF was one the most exciting because Lemond & Fignon were
> > attacking each other all the time. The leaders spent 99% of the time
> > to see who would weaken. Sure we saw Contador and Andy Schleck attack
> > in the alps, but it's still a bit mundane in terms of tour history.

Well at least in this years TDF they did. When Hinault & Indurain they
did not.

Uncle Dave

Jul 25, 2011, 3:26:41 AM7/25/11

LOL

UD

Uncle Dave

Jul 25, 2011, 3:32:33 AM7/25/11

The years that Hinault dominated were competitive, though not much,
but the Indurain years were just awful. He had the best drugs, sorry
lungs, and he rode like an automaton while nobody else around him did
anything much. Such a shame his lungs stoped being so big just when
they discovered a meaningful test for EPOS. For non-yanks the
Armstrong years were almost as bad. At least this year we saw some
proper racing. Surely, if the winner isn't decided till the last
couple of days that has to indicate good racing? Certainly, just
about everyone they interviewed on Eurosport thought it was the best
race for years, as did the commentators. I'm not a big fan of the
Tour, preferring to watch real racing, but I thought it was a lot
better than it has bee for years and had it on every day. Haven't
done that for about fifteen years.

UD

Simply Fred

Jul 25, 2011, 6:28:09 AM7/25/11
Uncle Dave wrote:
> The years that Hinault dominated were competitive, though not much,
> but the Indurain years were just awful. He had the best drugs, sorry
> lungs, and he rode like an automaton while nobody else around him did
> anything much. Such a shame his lungs stoped being so big just when
> they discovered a meaningful test for EPOS.

There was a meaningful test for EPO in 1996 ?

Those were the glory years for Ugromov and Riis et al.

atriage

Jul 25, 2011, 6:35:34 AM7/25/11
On 25/07/2011 11:28, Simply Fred wrote:
> Uncle Dave wrote:
>> The years that Hinault dominated were competitive, though not much,
>> but the Indurain years were just awful. He had the best drugs, sorry
>> lungs, and he rode like an automaton while nobody else around him did
>> anything much. Such a shame his lungs stoped being so big just when
>> they discovered a meaningful test for EPOS.
>
> There was a meaningful test for EPO in 1996 ?

No doubt racing history and the list of winners would be *quite* different if
their actually had been.

FAT

Jul 25, 2011, 3:40:26 PM7/25/11
As bad as the NBA. Turn it on right at the end, tie score, see what
happens. Boring until then.

"Randall" wrote in message

atriage

Jul 25, 2011, 3:44:08 PM7/25/11
On 25/07/2011 20:40, FAT wrote:
> As bad as the NBA. Turn it on right at the end, tie score, see what happens.
> Boring until then.

Shut the fuck up you top-posting pant-stain.

Steve Freides

Jul 25, 2011, 7:18:10 PM7/25/11
Nagurski wrote:
> On Jul 24, 7:09 pm, Randall <randall.shim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This years TDF was one of the most boring ones I have seen in
>> decades. This year did not not have a patron and race is less
>> exciting. The leaders spent most of the tour watching each other.
>> Hopefull we will see more panache next year.
>
> Hmmm, I was just thinking this was one of the most interesting tours
> in a long time. The absence of a "patron" actually makes the race far
> more suspenseful.

I thought it made great watching this year, certainly much better than
the last several. Last year was particularly predictable.

-S-

Jimmy July

Jul 25, 2011, 7:42:38 PM7/25/11

Somewhere along the way, you have lost the TRUE MEANING of July. FAT and
Randall are what July is all about.

We need to make a cartoon July special so everyone can focus on July
without getting caught up in all the distracting race stuff. Is there a
way to get the Peanuts(TM) Gang into an xtranormal video?

ilan

Jul 25, 2011, 9:14:52 PM7/25/11
<for better effect please post here>

atriage

Jul 26, 2011, 3:20:12 AM7/26/11
There's absolutely no way I could ever bring myself to top-post.

atriage

Jul 26, 2011, 3:21:52 AM7/26/11
On 26/07/2011 00:42, Jimmy July wrote:
> On 7/25/2011 12:44 PM, atriage wrote:
>> On 25/07/2011 20:40, FAT wrote:
>>> As bad as the NBA. Turn it on right at the end, tie score, see what
>>> happens.
>>> Boring until then.
>>
>> Shut the fuck up you top-posting pant-stain.
>>

> Somewhere along the way, you have lost the TRUE MEANING of July.

<hangs head in shame>

FAT

Jul 26, 2011, 8:50:15 AM7/26/11
Intelligence not your strong suit, is it?

"atriage" wrote in message

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jul 26, 2011, 9:06:01 AM7/26/11

Dumbass,

A bike race's winner is determined at the end.

If this bothers you, watch another sport where the winner
is predictably determined before the end.

Or just go out and ride your Madone. Do you have a
chicken on the seat tube yet?

Thanks,
Fredmaster Ben

FAT

Jul 26, 2011, 9:35:45 AM7/26/11
The IQ limit on this NG must be set pretty low. Read this very s-l-o-w-l-y,
all sporting events determine the winner at the end.

"Fredmaster of Brainerd" wrote in message

Simply Fred

Jul 26, 2011, 10:51:37 AM7/26/11
You must have been programmed by Asher as a first attempt at a July
bot. You can see the hand of an amateur bot author from a mile away.

FAT

Jul 26, 2011, 11:03:51 AM7/26/11
Ahhh...there's that rapier like wit again.

"Simply Fred" wrote in message

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jul 26, 2011, 11:56:07 AM7/26/11
On Jul 26, 3:35 pm, "FAT" <some...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> "Fredmaster of Brainerd"  wrote in messagenews:c29468dd-c384-4800...@bl1g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...

> On Jul 26, 2:50 pm, "FAT" <some...@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Intelligence not your strong suit, is it?
>
> > "atriage"  wrote in message

> > On 25/07/2011 20:40, FAT wrote:
>
> > > As bad as the NBA. Turn it on right at the end, tie score, see what
> > > happens.
> > > Boring until then.
>
> > Shut the fuck up you top-posting pant-stain.
>
> Dumbass,
>
> A bike race's winner is determined at the end.
>
> If this bothers you, watch another sport where the winner
> is predictably determined before the end.
>
> Or just go out and ride your Madone.  Do you have a
> chicken on the seat tube yet?
>
> Thanks,
> Fredmaster Ben

> The IQ limit on this NG must be set pretty low. Read this very s-l-o-w-l-y,

> all sporting events determine the winner at the end.

Dumbass,

I fixed your top-post for you.

There are a lot of sporting events where the winner is
inevitable partway through the competition. Like a running
race where someone pulls away halfway through, or a
baseball pennant race that isn't close. Or a 3 week
grand tour where somebody gets an insurmountable
lead after one time trial and a couple of mountain stages.

Did you think this year's Tour was less interesting than
this year's Giro? If you don't know what the Giro is,
you can make up an answer and get full credit, because
it's still July.

Thanks,
Fredmaster Ben

FAT

Jul 26, 2011, 7:24:47 PM7/26/11
Apparently I underestimated your comprehension level (inevitable, I know)

Please read this v--e--r--y s--l--o--w--l--y...

All sporting events determine the winner at the end. Understand now?

"Fredmaster of Brainerd" wrote in message

William Fred

Jul 26, 2011, 8:09:37 PM7/26/11
Simply Fred <no...@mailinator.com> wrote in

> You must have been programmed by Asher as a first attempt at a July
> bot. You can see the hand of an amateur bot author from a mile away.

Although I am a recognized world leader in the field of artificial
cluelessness, I had nothing to do with this.

RBR is sort of like a baseball team with a good farm system, who are good
year in and year out because they always have major-league caliber talent
at the triple-a level. Our farm system constantly provides quality
position players so there is no need for me to bring any of my lack of
programming skills to the table.

--
Bill Fred

Jimmy July

Jul 26, 2011, 10:02:59 PM7/26/11
Most people in this NG are capable of predicting some events with
reasonable certainty. We do not agonize over whether the sun will rise
tomorrow. The probability is high enough that there is no suspense there.

The fact that you don't understand Fredmaster's point about
predictability does NOT make you appear more intelligent. On the other
hand, I'm betting that appearing intelligent is not a major concern of
yours.

William Fred

Jul 27, 2011, 2:51:03 AM7/27/11
Jimmy July <Fr...@burger.com> wrote in news:4e2f719f$1...@news.x-privat.org:

> Most people in this NG are capable of predicting some events with
> reasonable certainty. We do not agonize over whether the sun will rise
> tomorrow. The probability is high enough that there is no suspense
> there.
>
> The fact that you don't understand Fredmaster's point about
> predictability does NOT make you appear more intelligent. On the other
> hand, I'm betting that appearing intelligent is not a major concern of
> yours.

Well, that's 50/50 now isn't it?

I also think that with FAT you have to be very specific, so you should
say "the sun will *appear* to rise tomorrow." However, be prepared to
debate even that point, or at least hope that if you get into an
argument, Fredmaster will find the topic interesting enough to take it up
on your behalf.

--
Bill Fred

Simply Fred

Jul 27, 2011, 5:24:03 AM7/27/11
William Fred wrote:
> Well, that's 50/50 now isn't it?
>
> I also think that with FAT you have to be very specific, so you should
> say "the sun will *appear* to rise tomorrow." However, be prepared to
> debate even that point, or at least hope that if you get into an
> argument, Fredmaster will find the topic interesting enough to take it up
> on your behalf.

And speaking of 50/50, you can hope that if Fredmaster doesn't take it
up Scott will as he could use arguing with 36 and FAT (they do sound
like something made by IBM) as a substitute for anaerobic intervals on
an indoor trainer.

William Fred

Jul 27, 2011, 10:31:40 AM7/27/11

> And speaking of 50/50, you can hope that if Fredmaster doesn't take it
> up Scott will as he could use arguing with 36 and FAT (they do sound
> like something made by IBM) as a substitute for anaerobic intervals on
> an indoor trainer.

I love July in rbr. It's like Mardi Gras for retards who were admitted
into mensa as a prank.

--
Bill Fred

FAT

Jul 27, 2011, 11:31:43 AM7/27/11
More like tallest pygmy.

"William Fred" wrote in message

Jimmy July

Jul 27, 2011, 8:43:07 PM7/27/11

Put the beads away, Bill.

Frederick the Great

Jul 27, 2011, 11:47:10 PM7/27/11
In article <Xns9F2F4C990...@130.133.4.11>,
William Fred <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

And you know what that means:

Fat Tuesday---Duh Duh Dahhhh!

--
Old Fritz

atriage

Jul 28, 2011, 5:00:49 AM7/28/11
On 27/07/2011 00:24, FAT wrote:
> Apparently I are a complete and utter wanker.

No need to state the obvious, go back to your lifetime work of trying to decide
which way up to hold the newspaper.