Discrimination against certain creeds...

1 view

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 19, 2010, 5:58:53 AM8/19/10
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/michael-creed-why-i-never-doped-and-my-future-in-the-sport

Does Creed really think he is doing his brand any favors by this kind of
conduct? This is worse than that Spanish doper Sastre coming across the
line with a fucking pacifier in his mouth like some kind of 14 year old
on ecstasy.

Anyone who celebrates like that just for being the first up a fucking
climb, only to lose the race is a real toolkit.

Mandy Moore agrees.

Thanks,

Magilla

Frederick the Great

Aug 19, 2010, 3:06:03 PM8/19/10
In article <4C6D005B...@sandiegozoo.org>,
Magilla Gorilla <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

He was under team orders to wait.

--
Old Fritz

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 19, 2010, 4:39:49 PM8/19/10
Frederick the Great wrote:

And so what does that have to do with getting off your fucking bike at the top of a climb on every
lap and hoisting it above your head like some insane maniac, only to lose the race, thus proving
your director sportif was right for telling you to wait.

What the fuck is it with pro cyclists and celebrating things before the race is over?

Magilla

Jim Feeley

Aug 19, 2010, 5:32:22 PM8/19/10
On 8/19/10 1:39 PM, in article 4C6D9695...@sandiegozoo.org, "Magilla
Gorilla" <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

I only saw the last lap of Creed's break, but I did see him stop and lift
his bike that last time. It was pretty cool.

IIRC, his gap over the field had been shrunk to very little, so it was
pretty clear he was going to get caught. Too bad he got caught and dropped
during one of the short laps and was forced to retire, and thereby lose the
KOH competition which he was winning.

But how many people were in the race that day?
How many do we remember?

Ya, an oddball move, but a memorable one.

Jim

Michael Press

Aug 19, 2010, 5:39:41 PM8/19/10
In article <4C6D9695...@sandiegozoo.org>,
Magilla Gorilla <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> Frederick the Great wrote:
>
> > In article <4C6D005B...@sandiegozoo.org>,
> > Magilla Gorilla <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/michael-creed-why-i-never-doped-and-my-future-in-the-sport
> > >
> > > Does Creed really think he is doing his brand any favors by this kind of
> > > conduct? This is worse than that Spanish doper Sastre coming across the
> > > line with a fucking pacifier in his mouth like some kind of 14 year old
> > > on ecstasy.
> > >
> > > Anyone who celebrates like that just for being the first up a fucking
> > > climb, only to lose the race is a real toolkit.
> >
> > He was under team orders to wait.
>

> And so what does that have to do with getting off your fucking bike at the top of a climb on every
> lap and hoisting it above your head like some insane maniac, only to lose the race, thus proving
> your director sportif was right for telling you to wait.
>
> What the fuck is it with pro cyclists and celebrating things before the race is over?

He was under team orders to wait.

--
Michael Press

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 20, 2010, 7:13:42 AM8/20/10
Jim Feeley wrote:

You're not entitled to have an opinion on this matter because it's a fact that what
he did was fucking stupid. This ain't Sugar Ray Leonard winding his hand up and
punching the guy with his other hand because he wins his fights. Creed lost the
race and hasn't won a race as a pro. So what he did was silly.

> IIRC, his gap over the field had been shrunk to very little, so it was
> pretty clear he was going to get caught. Too bad he got caught and dropped
> during one of the short laps and was forced to retire, and thereby lose the
> KOH competition which he was winning.

Why was it "too bad" that he got jettisoned? I think it's a great when natural
selection culls the infirm and unprepared in a bike race. And a guy who hoists his
bike over his head like that is unprepared for the pro ranks.

> But how many people were in the race that day?
> How many do we remember?
>
> Ya, an oddball move, but a memorable one.
>
> Jim

A rider could ride naked and we would remember that too. But I'm not sure that's a
good thing. This is how you decide if something is great or not....could ANY
cyclist in the race have done what Creed did that day if they wanted. Yep. But
they chose not too.

So there wasn't really anything special Creed actually accomplished that day.

Magilla

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 20, 2010, 7:15:00 AM8/20/10
Michael Press wrote:

I know. What does that have to do with the point I was making?

Magilla

RicodJour

Aug 20, 2010, 8:46:21 AM8/20/10
On Aug 20, 7:13 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> Jim Feeley wrote:
>
> > IIRC, his gap over the field had been shrunk to very little, so it was
> > pretty clear he was going to get caught. Too bad he got caught and dropped
> > during one of the short laps and was forced to retire, and thereby lose the
> > KOH competition which he was winning.
>
> Why was it "too bad" that he got jettisoned?  I think it's a great when natural
> selection culls the infirm and unprepared in a bike race.  And a guy who hoists his
> bike over his head like that is unprepared for the pro ranks.

You believe mental stability is a prerequisite for being a pro
athlete?

> > But how many people were in the race that day?
> > How many do we remember?
>
> > Ya, an oddball move, but a memorable one.
>

> A rider could ride naked and we would remember that too.  But I'm not sure that's a
> good thing.  This is how you decide if something is great or not....could ANY
> cyclist in the race have done what Creed did that day if they wanted.  Yep.  But
> they chose not too.

Depends on who the naked rider is, eh?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1032/537379758_e86eabffeb.jpg

> So there wasn't really anything special Creed actually accomplished that day.

Pro cycling is entertainment. Creed made a memorable moment, which is
the point of entertainment.

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 20, 2010, 1:03:48 PM8/20/10

RicodJour wrote:

> On Aug 20, 7:13İam, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> > Jim Feeley wrote:
> >
> > > IIRC, his gap over the field had been shrunk to very little, so it was
> > > pretty clear he was going to get caught. Too bad he got caught and dropped
> > > during one of the short laps and was forced to retire, and thereby lose the
> > > KOH competition which he was winning.
> >

> > Why was it "too bad" that he got jettisoned? İI think it's a great when natural
> > selection culls the infirm and unprepared in a bike race. İAnd a guy who hoists his

> > bike over his head like that is unprepared for the pro ranks.
>
> You believe mental stability is a prerequisite for being a pro
> athlete?
>
> > > But how many people were in the race that day?
> > > How many do we remember?
> >
> > > Ya, an oddball move, but a memorable one.
> >

> > A rider could ride naked and we would remember that too. İBut I'm not sure that's a
> > good thing. İThis is how you decide if something is great or not....could ANY
> > cyclist in the race have done what Creed did that day if they wanted. İYep. İBut

> > they chose not too.
>
> Depends on who the naked rider is, eh?
> http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1032/537379758_e86eabffeb.jpg

No, because I'm talking about professional cycling, not some homeless crack addict grand
fondo led by that bald headed blood jacker Mini Me Levi Leapfrogger.

> > So there wasn't really anything special Creed actually accomplished that day.
>
> Pro cycling is entertainment. Creed made a memorable moment, which is
> the point of entertainment.

Acting is entertainment. Doesn't mean the actors get to show up to the set and do
whatever the fuck they want. The circus is entertainment...doesn't mean the performers
can turn the lion show into a petting zoo for children. All amusement parks are venues
of entertainment...doesn't mean the 16 year old kid who works the roller coaster can
by-pass the air brakes to stop the ride.

You people somehow got it in your mind that entertainment means you can do whatever you
want and it's not taken seriously. You are are absolutely wrong. All the concept of
entertainment means is its a certain type of business. That has nothing to do with
being allowed to circumvent rules and laws just because you can implicate it as
"entertainment."

What Creed did in San Francisco, was, well, gay. In fact, it might even be more fucked
up than Sastre sucking on a pacifier. I'd have to toss a fucking coin to find out
scientifically which one is a more gay act.

Thanks,

Magilla

Frederick the Great

Aug 20, 2010, 6:11:59 PM8/20/10
In article <4C6EB574...@sandiegozoo.org>,
Magilla Gorilla <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> RicodJour wrote:

>>> Why was it "too bad" that he got jettisoned? †I think it's a great when natural
>>> selection culls the infirm and unprepared in a bike race. †And a guy who hoists his

>>> bike over his head like that is unprepared for the pro ranks.
>>
>> You believe mental stability is a prerequisite for being a pro
>> athlete?

>>> A rider could ride naked and we would remember that too. †But I'm not sure that's a
>>> good thing. †This is how you decide if something is great or not....could ANY
>>> cyclist in the race have done what Creed did that day if they wanted. †Yep. †But

>>> they chose not too.
>>
>> Depends on who the naked rider is, eh?
>> http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1032/537379758_e86eabffeb.jpg
>
> No, because I'm talking about professional cycling, not some homeless crack addict grand
> fondo led by that bald headed blood jacker Mini Me Levi Leapfrogger.
>

>>> So there wasn't really anything special Creed actually accomplished that day.
>>
>> Pro cycling is entertainment. Creed made a memorable moment, which is
>> the point of entertainment.

> Acting is entertainment. Doesn't mean the actors get to show up to the set and do
> whatever the fuck they want. The circus is entertainment...doesn't mean the performers
> can turn the lion show into a petting zoo for children. All amusement parks are venues
> of entertainment...doesn't mean the 16 year old kid who works the roller coaster can
> by-pass the air brakes to stop the ride.
>
> You people somehow got it in your mind that entertainment means you can do whatever you
> want and it's not taken seriously. You are are absolutely wrong. All the concept of
> entertainment means is its a certain type of business. That has nothing to do with
> being allowed to circumvent rules and laws just because you can implicate it as
> "entertainment."
>
> What Creed did in San Francisco, was, well, gay. In fact, it might even be more fucked
> up than Sastre sucking on a pacifier. I'd have to toss a fucking coin to find out
> scientifically which one is a more gay act.

So? You are an entertainment critic specializing in bicycle
racing. You getting paid to write your reviews? Or do you do
it for entertainment? I am not entertained. Your act is weak.

<http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8844/wookie.jpg>

--
Old Fritz

Michael Press

Aug 20, 2010, 6:16:39 PM8/20/10
In article <4C6E63B3...@sandiegozoo.org>,
Magilla Gorilla <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
>
> > In article <4C6D9695...@sandiegozoo.org>,
> > Magilla Gorilla <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> > > And so what does that have to do with getting off your fucking bike at the top of a climb on every
> > > lap and hoisting it above your head like some insane maniac, only to lose the race, thus proving
> > > your director sportif was right for telling you to wait.
> > >
> > > What the fuck is it with pro cyclists and celebrating things before the race is over?
> >
> > He was under team orders to wait.
>

> I know. What does that have to do with the point I was making?

He was not celebrating a win. He knew he would not win.
He was acknowledging the gallery; and they were happy to be
acknowledged. He enhanced the value of the race. Many of
the people at the race do not see it the way you do.
I do not see it the way you do.

--
Michael Press

Kurgan Gringioni

Aug 21, 2010, 12:04:18 AM8/21/10

"RicodJour" <rico...@worldemail.com> wrote in message

:: Pro cycling is entertainment. Creed made a memorable moment, which is
:: the point of entertainment.

Dumbass -

I agree.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 21, 2010, 9:13:48 AM8/21/10
Frederick the Great wrote:

I must have really hurt you, bro. You're just another playa' hater.

Magilla

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 21, 2010, 9:17:41 AM8/21/10
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

It was stupid entertainment. Meaningless. Anna Kournikova could have
gotten for more reaction and media PR from taking her top off during a
tennis match. But she didn't do it because she has more respect for the
game than Creed.

What Creed did was frivolous. Anyone could have done it in any race. Yet
we don't see that, and that's a good thing. There's only so many times the
sport can take a Satre-like moment of a guy coming across the line with a
pacifier in his mouth before it becomes a fucking joke.

What Creed did is creepy. Mandy Moore saw the writing on the wall.

Magilla

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 21, 2010, 9:18:48 AM8/21/10
Michael Press wrote:

Creed lost the race that day - there was nothing he should have been celebrating.

Thanks,

Magilla

Michael Press

Aug 21, 2010, 11:13:52 AM8/21/10
In article <4C6FD238...@sandiegozoo.org>,
Magilla Gorilla <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> Creed lost the race that day - there was nothing he should have been celebrating.

Who says he was celebrating?

--
Michael Press

Frederick the Great

Aug 21, 2010, 11:28:27 AM8/21/10
In article <4C6FD10C...@sandiegozoo.org>,
Magilla Gorilla <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> Frederick the Great wrote:
>
> > In article <4C6EB574...@sandiegozoo.org>,
> > Magilla Gorilla <m.go...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> I must have really hurt you, bro. You're just another playa' hater.

Weak. Not even any bluster. A suspicious person, not my
happy-go-lucky self, would see projection in that reply.

--
Old Fritz