Rojas and Cavendish didn't make the cut.

atriage

Jul 22, 2011, 12:23:51 PM7/22/11
What's the jury gonna do? Watch this space

atriage

Jul 22, 2011, 12:26:04 PM7/22/11
On 22/07/2011 17:23, atriage wrote:
> What's the jury gonna do? Watch this space

Cav keeps green...very sensible these French juries.

Ben Trovato

Jul 22, 2011, 1:23:55 PM7/22/11

They know better than to expect Schlevans and the Accountant to put on
a show for the Champs.

atriage

Jul 22, 2011, 1:30:32 PM7/22/11

:)

Anton Berlin

Jul 22, 2011, 1:30:59 PM7/22/11

They both drop 20 points and everything stays the same.

atriage

Jul 22, 2011, 1:33:17 PM7/22/11

No it doesn't, they both have 20 points less. (Sorry I haven't contradicted you
all day and I was getting withdrawal symptoms)

A. Dumas

Jul 22, 2011, 5:12:18 PM7/22/11

They were *just* outside the time limit again today. Yesterday Rojas
made it in before the bus, easily, and didn't get a 20 point penalty,
which narrowed the gap to Cavendish for the green jersey. Very strange
that Rojas didn't put in a little more effort on the last kilometre
today. If he had, he would won the green by 5 points and the Champs
sprint would have been a lot more interesting.

atriage

Jul 22, 2011, 5:21:34 PM7/22/11

It really irritated me that the tv coverage only included a brief shot of the
bus arriving, I suppose they were so overwhelmed by a French win they didn't
think anything else was interesting.

Ryan Cousineau

Jul 22, 2011, 5:48:23 PM7/22/11

This allowed me to do something very fun, which is...calcluate a
virtual winner of the Points Jersey!

The jury assigned point penalties to 89 riders on Thursday, according
to Cyclingnews, for being technically HD, but kept them in the race.
That's everyone from Richie Porte back.
On Friday, the laughing group again got a points penalty for the same
reason. Sergio Miguel Moreira appears to have been the last finisher
to make the official time cut; 85th-place Gutierrez was the first in
technical HD, I think.

If you wipe all the riders from the Points Classification who went HD
on each day, the virtual green jersey belongs to...Cadel Evans! To my
surprise, he's fifth in the points standings. He gained a few places
this week due to the points penalties and some high finishes. Sanchez
appears to be the virtual runner-up, and he cannot catch Evans, as
there are only 65 points left in the final stage.

So if Cadel Evans finishes in Paris, I'll start referring to him as
the virtual winner of the green jersey.

atriage

Jul 22, 2011, 5:59:26 PM7/22/11

So if he wins the Grenoble TT and takes yellow in Paris he could be the first
rider in history to wear the chartreuse jersey. Sorry...I'll get my coat.

Frederick the Great

Jul 23, 2011, 12:18:52 AM7/23/11
In article <3ZKdnTjIkbz8KbTT...@brightview.co.uk>,
atriage <atr...@satriage.net> wrote:

> On 22/07/2011 18:30, Anton Berlin wrote:

> >> They know better than to expect Schlevans and the Accountant to put on
> >> a show for the Champs.
> >
> > They both drop 20 points and everything stays the same.
>
> No it doesn't, they both have 20 points less. (Sorry I haven't contradicted you

^^^^
fewer

> all day and I was getting withdrawal symptoms)

--
Old Fritz

atriage

Jul 23, 2011, 3:31:10 AM7/23/11
On 23/07/2011 05:18, Frederick the Great wrote:

>> No it doesn't, they both have 20 points less. (Sorry I haven't contradicted you
> ^^^^
> fewer

^^^^^
GAFL