return of the mcwhiner

Ben Trovato

Aug 23, 2010, 10:22:19 PM8/23/10

"Like everyone else I'm just shocked that I've been axed. I truly
believe I've done enough here at the Eneco to have warranted a start."
Problem is, mate, it's the finish that counts.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mcewen-disappointed-by-world-championship-selectors-lack-of-faith

Bettini would not have selected him either:
"Freire, Hushovd and Haussler will all be dangerous. Haussler has
changed nationality and so Australia will build the team around him."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bettinis-italian-world-championships-team-taking-shape

A. Dumas

Aug 24, 2010, 5:43:35 AM8/24/10
Ben Trovato wrote:
> Bettini would not have selected [McEwen] either:

> "Freire, Hushovd and Haussler will all be dangerous. Haussler has
> changed nationality and so Australia will build the team around him."
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bettinis-italian-world-championships-team-taking-shape

Haussler not selected either. Renshaw, not selected.

A. Dumas

Aug 24, 2010, 5:47:20 AM8/24/10

Porte not selected!

Ben Trovato

Aug 24, 2010, 11:55:53 AM8/24/10
On Aug 24, 2:47 am, "A. Dumas" <alexan...@dumas.fr> wrote:
> A. Dumas wrote:
> > Ben Trovato wrote:
> >> Bettini would not have selected [McEwen] either:
> >> "Freire, Hushovd and Haussler will all be dangerous. Haussler has
> >> changed nationality and so Australia will build the team around him."
> >>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bettinis-italian-world-championships-...

> > Haussler not selected either. Renshaw, not selected.
>
> Porte not selected!

Porte selected for the TT.
Bettini already falling off the pace.