Antibiotic resistant viruses rife in the peloton.

teljeuc

Feb 9, 2010, 11:49:29 AM2/9/10
About Sven Nys:
"The Belgian champion is using antibiotics to get rid of a cold, but
he has been having one of his best weekends of the season."

If one bothers to search Cyclingshite.com you'll find a number of
similar stories in which top riders take antibiotics for colds. What
bunch of eejits - don't they know it's a virus? Is "antibiotic" a
euphemism? Do antibiotics have some great performance enhancing
properties? Is the cold just a ruse to get a TUE? All they need is
some Lemsip and TLC from their mammies... [that last one just applies
to Lance].

ct

Bob Schwartz

Feb 9, 2010, 12:06:58 PM2/9/10

The peloton is rife with euphemisms.

Bob Schwartz

bjwe...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2010, 12:29:12 PM2/9/10

This has been noted a couple of times before in rbr:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/7049ea89f4815207/a6f722e0d32a4686?hl=en&#a6f722e0d32a4686

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/793bfad027bb137c/3c08067d8e7e18cf?hl=en c08067d8e7e18cf

It's not clear if they mean something other than a cold,
something other than antibiotics, or they are just eedjits.

Ben

Scott

Feb 9, 2010, 1:40:15 PM2/9/10
On Feb 9, 9:49 am, teljeuc <telj...@tcd.ie> wrote:

I don't think that it's a function of doctors not knowing better, I
think it's a function of doctors giving patients antibiotics to shut
them up and get them out of their offices, knowing full well that the
cold will go away all in good time.

Revtom

Feb 9, 2010, 2:19:40 PM2/9/10

> I don't think that it's a function of doctors not knowing better, I
> think it's a function of doctors giving patients antibiotics to shut
> them up and get them out of their offices, knowing full well that the
> cold will go away all in good time.

Which results in people dying from the various hostile strains of
staph and pneumonia. If you don't believe in evolution, and you get
the new pneumonia, we'll give you the old penicillin. Cattle, hogs,
and chickens are fed sub-clinical doses of
antibiotics as well. That's why there is salmonella, staph, E. coli
that just don't quit.
Colds, treated aggressively, will go away in 5 - 8 days. When left
alone, it takes about a week.

Donald Munro

Feb 9, 2010, 2:23:26 PM2/9/10
Bob Schwartz wrote:
> The peloton is rife with euphemisms.

Literal and figurative euphemisms.

bar

Feb 9, 2010, 2:53:43 PM2/9/10

super-motivated euphemisms

A. Dumas

Feb 9, 2010, 3:22:31 PM2/9/10
Revtom wrote:
> Colds, treated aggressively, will go away in 5 - 8 days. When left
> alone, it takes about a week.

Nice.

Henry

Feb 9, 2010, 4:58:10 PM2/9/10
On Feb 10, 8:19 am, Revtom <smip...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I don't think that it's a function of doctors not knowing better, I
> > think it's a function of doctors giving patients antibiotics to shut
> > them up and get them out of their offices, knowing full well that the
> > cold will go away all in good time.
>
> Which results in people dying from the various hostile strains of
> staph and pneumonia. If you don't believe in evolution, and you get
> the new pneumonia, we'll give you the old penicillin. Cattle, hogs,
> and chickens are fed sub-clinical doses of
> antibiotics as well.
you have some hard evidence to back that up ?

Kyle Legate

Feb 10, 2010, 12:46:16 AM2/10/10
It's common knowledge by now.

DA74

Feb 10, 2010, 3:01:26 AM2/10/10

Cuntmouths,
Ever heard of a secondary bacterial infection?
An untreated viral "cold" in an immunocompromised
endurance athlete in the midst of a race season
will frequently morph into a very treatable secondary
bacterial infection in the sinuses and/or lungs.

A little Zithro and you shave a week off
your recovery. No harm no foul. This is their job
and they don't want to call in sick. GAFC.

Your Welcome.
-DA74

Bob Schwartz

Feb 10, 2010, 10:27:47 AM2/10/10
DA74 wrote:
> Cuntmouths,
> Ever heard of a secondary bacterial infection?
> An untreated viral "cold" in an immunocompromised
> endurance athlete in the midst of a race season
> will frequently morph into a very treatable secondary
> bacterial infection in the sinuses and/or lungs.
>
> A little Zithro and you shave a week off
> your recovery. No harm no foul. This is their job
> and they don't want to call in sick. GAFC.
>
> Your Welcome.
> -DA74

Retard,

Why are you trolling an immune system thread when
there is so much action going on in the political
thread? That's totally stupid.

Bob Schwartz

DA74

Feb 11, 2010, 2:19:18 AM2/11/10
On Feb 10, 7:27 am, Bob Schwartz <bob.schwa...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net>
wrote:

When you talk your mouth looks like a cunt moving

Fred Fredburger

Feb 11, 2010, 7:20:30 AM2/11/10

Nobody in this NG has the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Donald Munro

Feb 11, 2010, 8:59:46 AM2/11/10

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> Nobody in this NG has the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Hey some of us did see The Wall.