LANCE slagging on Cowboys owner

Plano Dude

Oct 31, 2011, 7:09:51 PM10/31/11
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a6d16/article/tour-de-france-winner-armstrong-tweets-jab-at-cowboys-jones

Tour de France winner Armstrong tweets jab at Cowboys' Jones

By Simon Samano NFL.com
Published: Oct. 31, 2011 at 03:40 p.m.
Updated: Oct. 31, 2011 at 04:25 p.m.

Jerry Jones is notorious for meddling in his team's affairs, and at
least one notable Cowboys fan has grown tired of it.

Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, who was born in
Dallas and lives in Austin, tweeted an apparent shot at Jones late
Sunday night following the Cowboys' 34-7 beatdown by the Eagles on
national television.

"'If' I had a few hundred million bucks I'd buy the Dallas Cowboys
then get the hell outta the way," Armstrong wrote on his Twitter
account.

A "few" hundred million bucks is all Armstrong needs to buy the team?
We knew he was rich, but we had no idea he was filthy rich (we've
digressed).

In the grand scheme of things, Armstrong probably has a point. But
Jones isn't the problem right now in Dallas. It's not like the Cowboys
stink because of a Roy Williams-type trade gone wrong. They stink
because of Tony Romo, who threw awful pass after awful pass Sunday
night and finished an abysmal 18 of 35 for 203 yards.

Now, if Jones is forcing coach Jason Garrett to keep Romo as the
starting quarterback against Garrett's better judgment, then
Armstrong's tweet is spot on. But that's just conspiracy theory talk
right there.

atriage

Oct 31, 2011, 7:16:57 PM10/31/11
On 31/10/2011 23:09, Plano Dude wrote:
> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a6d16/article/tour-de-france-winner-armstrong-tweets-jab-at-cowboys-jones
>
> Tour de France winner Armstrong tweets jab at Cowboys' Jones

Tuesday tomorrow, could be Lance's last tweet.

Plano Dude

Oct 31, 2011, 7:19:13 PM10/31/11
On Oct 31, 6:09 pm, Plano Dude <tx.wastel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a6d16/article/tour-de-france...
>
> Tour de France winner Armstrong tweets jab at Cowboys' Jones
>
> By Simon Samano NFL.com
> Published: Oct. 31, 2011 at 03:40 p.m.
> Updated: Oct. 31, 2011 at 04:25 p.m.
>
> Jerry Jones is notorious for meddling in his team's affairs, and at
> least one notable Cowboys fan has grown tired of it.
>
> Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, who was born in
> Dallas and lives in Austin, tweeted an apparent shot at Jones late
> Sunday night following the Cowboys' 34-7 beatdown by the Eagles on
> national television.
>
> "'If' I had a few hundred million bucks I'd buy the Dallas Cowboys
> then get the hell outta the way," Armstrong wrote on his Twitter
> account.

Of course, Lance night have a few hundred bucks if he'd ever cut back
on his damn water bill

http://www.kutnews.org/post/top-25-water-users-austin?nopop=1

atriage

Oct 31, 2011, 7:38:20 PM10/31/11
Well I suppose he's been cleaning his mountain bikes a lot.

A. Dumas

Nov 1, 2011, 6:32:37 AM11/1/11
Op 01-11-11 00:38, atriage schreef:
Taking 30 minute showers every half hour.

Anton Berlin

Nov 1, 2011, 7:49:25 AM11/1/11

> Of course, Lance night have a few hundred bucks if he'd ever cut back
> on his damn water bill
>
> http://www.kutnews.org/post/top-25-water-users-austin?nopop=1

You need a lot of water to flush EPO tainted urine below detectable
levels.

Uncle Dave

Nov 2, 2011, 5:14:10 AM11/2/11
On 31/10/2011 23:09, Plano Dude wrote:
> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a6d16/article/tour-de-france-winner-armstrong-tweets-jab-at-cowboys-jones
>
> Tour de France winner Armstrong tweets jab at Cowboys' Jones
>
> By Simon Samano NFL.com
> Published: Oct. 31, 2011 at 03:40 p.m.
> Updated: Oct. 31, 2011 at 04:25 p.m.
>
> Jerry Jones is notorious for meddling in his team's affairs, and at
> least one notable Cowboys fan has grown tired of it.
>
> Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, who was born in
> Dallas and lives in Austin, tweeted an apparent shot at Jones late
> Sunday night following the Cowboys' 34-7 beatdown by the Eagles on
> national television.
>
> "'If' I had a few hundred million bucks I'd buy the Dallas Cowboys
> then get the hell outta the way," Armstrong wrote on his Twitter
> account.

He's right though. Dallas are like Chelski - owners who think that
anything less than winning everything every year is failure. Meanwhile,
I've discovered College football on ESPN America - far more fun. Lots
of interceptions, colour and pretty girls in the crowds rather than
beer-gutted wierdos in stange costumes.

UD

Scott

Nov 2, 2011, 10:58:57 PM11/2/11
On Nov 2, 3:14 am, Uncle Dave <davidco...@t-online.de> wrote:
> On 31/10/2011 23:09, Plano Dude wrote:
>

> >http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a6d16/article/tour-de-france...
>
> > Tour de France winner Armstrong tweets jab at Cowboys' Jones
>
> > By Simon Samano NFL.com
> > Published: Oct. 31, 2011 at 03:40 p.m.
> > Updated: Oct. 31, 2011 at 04:25 p.m.
>
> > Jerry Jones is notorious for meddling in his team's affairs, and at
> > least one notable Cowboys fan has grown tired of it.
>
> > Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, who was born in
> > Dallas and lives in Austin, tweeted an apparent shot at Jones late
> > Sunday night following the Cowboys' 34-7 beatdown by the Eagles on
> > national television.
>
> > "'If' I had a few hundred million bucks I'd buy the Dallas Cowboys
> > then get the hell outta the way," Armstrong wrote on his Twitter
> > account.
>
> He's right though.  Dallas are like Chelski - owners who think that
> anything less than winning everything every year is failure.  Meanwhile,
> I've discovered College football on ESPN America - far more fun.  Lots
> of interceptions, colour and pretty girls in the crowds rather than
> beer-gutted wierdos in stange costumes.
>
> UD

If you like college football, you MUST watch the LSU v Alabama game
this Saturday. It is by all rights the unofficial national
championship, as whoever wins will go on to win the BCS. Either of
those teams could very likely beat a good many of the lesser NFL
teams, starting with the Broncos.

atriage.

Nov 4, 2011, 7:39:19 PM11/4/11
On 03/11/2011 02:58, Scott wrote:

> If you like college football, you MUST watch the LSU v Alabama game
> this Saturday. It is by all rights the unofficial national
> championship, as whoever wins will go on to win the BCS. Either of
> those teams could very likely beat a good many of the lesser NFL
> teams, starting with the Broncos.

Hey my local team the Bristol Aztecs could probably beat the Broncos.

atriage.

Nov 4, 2011, 8:19:47 PM11/4/11
Still some things about the Broncos are ok.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/cheerleaders/roster.html

Scott

Nov 4, 2011, 11:39:21 PM11/4/11
The LSU cheerleaders are better...

Carl Sundquist

Nov 5, 2011, 1:06:36 AM11/5/11

Simply Fred

Nov 5, 2011, 8:59:29 AM11/5/11

Scott wrote:
> The LSU cheerleaders are better...

Kindly quantify. In the immortal words of SOTS "Numbers are facts".
Unless of course there's a 50/50 chance that the LSU cheerleaders are
better.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Nov 5, 2011, 2:13:02 PM11/5/11
Numbers:
LSU cheerleaders to beat Denver Broncos by 5 points
or better.

Fredmaster Ben

atriage.

Nov 5, 2011, 4:08:32 PM11/5/11
That *could* work as some of them appear to be the wrong sex.
http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=177265

Uncle Dave

Nov 5, 2011, 6:18:38 PM11/5/11
On 03/11/2011 02:58, Scott wrote:

<snip>

> If you like college football, you MUST watch the LSU v Alabama game
> this Saturday. It is by all rights the unofficial national
> championship, as whoever wins will go on to win the BCS. Either of
> those teams could very likely beat a good many of the lesser NFL
> teams, starting with the Broncos.

Watched the Iowa Parakeets against the Michigan Labradoodles. Not a bad
game. Set the Louisiana game to record - way past my bedtime ;-) I
guess that's the unofficial Indecipherable Accents Bowl?

And no, I don't want to know the score - don't know when I'll get to see it.

UD

Frederick the Great

Nov 6, 2011, 2:27:55 PM11/6/11
In article <DNCdnesFUMvfKyjT...@bt.com>,
9-6. Apparently a yawner.

--
Old Fritz

Scott

Nov 6, 2011, 6:03:51 PM11/6/11
On Nov 6, 1:27 pm, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article <DNCdnesFUMvfKyjTnZ2dnUVZ8tudn...@bt.com>,
Like a 1-nil footie score.

Frederick the Great

Nov 7, 2011, 1:15:51 PM11/7/11
In article <wc-dnZtt1rC-HCnT...@brightview.co.uk>,
Are any of those their real names? Margaret probably.

--
Old Fritz