Johan Helps Floyd

B. Lafferty

Jul 21, 2010, 6:38:21 AM7/21/10

Scott

Jul 21, 2010, 8:38:41 AM7/21/10
On Jul 21, 4:38 am, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruyneel-acknowledges-that-discovery-...

> Best to stay away from the US, Johan.

How, exactly, does admitting to doing something that lots and lots of
teams and individual pros openly do every year help Floyd?

Davey Crockett

Jul 21, 2010, 9:20:23 AM7/21/10
Scott a écrit profondement:

| How, exactly, does admitting to doing something that lots and lots of
| teams and individual pros openly do every year help Floyd?

60 bikes?

--
HollowCo$t Redux:
People who are sceptical of climate change could soon be facing

B. Lafferty

Jul 21, 2010, 9:21:40 AM7/21/10

The Wall Street Journal, in a separate story, also reviews Landis’ claim
that U.S. Postal Service team director Johan Bruyneel sold as many as 60
team bikes to finance a doping program. Bruyneel denied the claims, but
Trek’s general counsel Robert Burns acknowledged to the Wall Street
Journal that the bike maker had noticed that some of the bikes meant for
the team had been sold.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/07/news/landis-in-wall-street-journal-bruyneel-sold-bikes-to-finance-doping_124751

If Johan travels to the US, I suspect he'll be served with a Grand Jury
subpoena. Johan admits bikes were sold but doesn't know where the money
went? Check the teams accounting records, Johan. Oops, can find an
entry for the bike sales? Well, let's see which bank account received
the funds from eBay. Who owns that account? Lots of questions, but the
bottom line is that Floyd is looking better day by day.

NoDannyNo

Jul 21, 2010, 10:15:15 AM7/21/10
On Jul 21, 9:20 am, Davey Crockett <r...@azurservers.com> wrote:

> 60 bikes?

the one I bought had a used T-patch under the saddle.

Davey Crockett

Jul 21, 2010, 10:35:43 AM7/21/10
"B. Lafferty" a écrit profondement:

| If Johan travels to the US, I suspect he'll be served with a Grand
| Jury subpoena. Johan admits bikes were sold but doesn't know where
| the money went?

Davey will tell ya Brian. It went to buy the same kind of Orange Juice
that Manolo used to feed Johan at O.N.C.E.

| Check the teams accounting records, Johan. Oops, can
| find an entry for the bike sales?

You'd know better than I, but if there's no entry/ies for receipt of
funds, they have a prime candidate for a fraud charge - particularly
since it seems that the bikes might have been sold individually - ergo
several, perhaps as many as the alleged 60 transactions, could possibly
be "missing", which would establish a pattern.

But supposing it was recorded, it might be interesting to speculate how
the funds were then diverted to feed the alleged doping programme.

If Johan has any brains at all he'll burn any accounting books and
source documents that he can get his hands on.

| ... but the bottom line is that Floyd is looking better day by
| day.

Right, he does look better. And presumably whomever he might be using
for legal advice these days will have warned him that making false
accusations and/or lying to a Grand Jury could fast track him into the
slammer.

I wonder if he's got any book or movie deals lined up. He must be pretty
close to rock-bottom for Roubles at this stage.

--
Wake Up Kool-Aid Drinkers -- The Police State isn't "Coming"
It's here now - Just ask the dozens of women who were raped by cops at

A. Dumas

Jul 21, 2010, 11:18:48 AM7/21/10

Fred Flintstein

Jul 21, 2010, 11:24:42 AM7/21/10
On 7/21/2010 9:35 AM, Davey Crockett wrote:
> I wonder if he's got any book or movie deals lined up. He must be pretty
> close to rock-bottom for Roubles at this stage.

If he's selling interviews then that makes him look
worse, I would imagine.

Fred Flintstein

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jul 21, 2010, 11:30:37 AM7/21/10
"Davey Crockett" <r...@azurservers.com> wrote in message

> Scott a écrit profondement:
>

> | How, exactly, does admitting to doing something that lots and lots of
> | teams and individual pros openly do every year help Floyd?
>

> 60 bikes?

Are we reading the same thing? Did Johan say anything about 60 bikes? For
that matter, Johan said he was aware of bikes being sold off *after* the
Discovery team ended. How did he fund a drug program several years prior
with proceeds from those bike sales?

As usual, there's nothing new here. At some point, there will be. But we're
still in the he-said she-said phase of the game. There's got to be a real
trail of evidence somewhere. But right now, Brian and others have blown this
thing up so much bigger than it probably is, that people are expecting it
will eventually lead to Obama. I'm not saying the story has no legs. What
I'm saying is that there's not that much there yet because it might just be
that there was never that much there. Whatever went on, went on, and not in
such a huge way that it attracted much attention nor diverted much $$$.
Novitsky is likely to be hugely disappointed in the end. But of course all
he has to do is uncover a testosterone patch (ew, unfortunate metaphor) and
Brian and others will say "See, we were right all along!"

Bike racing is still an amazing spectacle, with or without the presence of
doping. I'd rather it was clean, but then I wish people in general were more
honest than they are.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

B. Lafferty

Jul 21, 2010, 11:47:17 AM7/21/10
On 7/21/2010 10:35 AM, Davey Crockett wrote:
> "B. Lafferty" a écrit profondement:
>

> | If Johan travels to the US, I suspect he'll be served with a Grand
> | Jury subpoena. Johan admits bikes were sold but doesn't know where
> | the money went?
>
> Davey will tell ya Brian. It went to buy the same kind of Orange Juice
> that Manolo used to feed Johan at O.N.C.E.

Good OJ. The best oranges I've ever tasted were in Morocco.

> | Check the teams accounting records, Johan. Oops, can
> | find an entry for the bike sales?
>
> You'd know better than I, but if there's no entry/ies for receipt of
> funds, they have a prime candidate for a fraud charge - particularly
> since it seems that the bikes might have been sold individually - ergo
> several, perhaps as many as the alleged 60 transactions, could possibly
> be "missing", which would establish a pattern.
>
> But supposing it was recorded, it might be interesting to speculate how
> the funds were then diverted to feed the alleged doping programme.

Lots of interesting questions and paths to go down.

> If Johan has any brains at all he'll burn any accounting books and
> source documents that he can get his hands on.

I don't think he's a dummy. There probably are any records other than
where eBay wired the funds. A trail marker, if you will.

> | ... but the bottom line is that Floyd is looking better day by
> | day.
>
> Right, he does look better. And presumably whomever he might be using
> for legal advice these days will have warned him that making false
> accusations and/or lying to a Grand Jury could fast track him into the
> slammer.

Yes.

> I wonder if he's got any book or movie deals lined up. He must be pretty
> close to rock-bottom for Roubles at this stage.

If I were his attorney, I'd tell him to not enter any such discussions
until the case(s) are fully resolved--meaning he's testified or knows
with certainty that he won't have to appear at someone's trial.

GoneBeforeMyTime

Jul 21, 2010, 11:48:20 AM7/21/10
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

> Bike racing is still an amazing spectacle, with or without the
> presence of doping.

> --Mike Jacoubowsky

I can't believe you said that.

B. Lafferty

Jul 21, 2010, 11:52:14 AM7/21/10
On 7/21/2010 11:30 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> "Davey Crockett" <r...@azurservers.com> wrote in message
>> Scott a écrit profondement:
>>

>> | How, exactly, does admitting to doing something that lots and lots of
>> | teams and individual pros openly do every year help Floyd?
>>

>> 60 bikes?
>
> Are we reading the same thing? Did Johan say anything about 60 bikes?
> For that matter, Johan said he was aware of bikes being sold off *after*
> the Discovery team ended. How did he fund a drug program several years
> prior with proceeds from those bike sales?
>
> As usual, there's nothing new here. At some point, there will be. But
> we're still in the he-said she-said phase of the game.

Mike, the feds are WELL beyond the he said she said point. We just
don't know where that point is on the continuum to indictment(s)/trial(s).

There's got to be
> a real trail of evidence somewhere. But right now, Brian and others have
> blown this thing up so much bigger than it probably is, that people are
> expecting it will eventually lead to Obama. I'm not saying the story has
> no legs. What I'm saying is that there's not that much there yet because
> it might just be that there was never that much there. Whatever went on,
> went on, and not in such a huge way that it attracted much attention nor
> diverted much $$$. Novitsky is likely to be hugely disappointed in the
> end. But of course all he has to do is uncover a testosterone patch (ew,
> unfortunate metaphor) and Brian and others will say "See, we were right
> all along!"

The amount(s) of money used to allegedly support a doping plan is not as
important as what the money, in whatever amount, was used for.

> Bike racing is still an amazing spectacle, with or without the presence
> of doping. I'd rather it was clean, but then I wish people in general
> were more honest than they are.

Agreed.

B. Lafferty

Jul 21, 2010, 11:54:31 AM7/21/10
That should have read "are no records."

Fred Flintstein

Jul 21, 2010, 12:17:35 PM7/21/10

The World Cup is also. As is Wimbledon. And the Super Bowl.
And the Olympics. And...

Fred Flintstein

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 21, 2010, 1:59:22 PM7/21/10

:
: Right, he does look better. And presumably whomever he might be using

: for legal advice these days will have warned him that making false
: accusations and/or lying to a Grand Jury could fast track him into the
: slammer.

Dumbass -

There's that $1million+ Floyd Fairness Fund.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

RicodJour

Jul 21, 2010, 2:33:14 PM7/21/10
On Jul 21, 1:59 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Listen, ya rube - keep the Lafftime filter-glasses on at all times,
okay? Anything that happens to anyone, anywhere, is LANCE's fault.
Nobody else matters. Got it?

RicodJour

Jul 21, 2010, 2:39:18 PM7/21/10
On Jul 21, 11:30 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> "Davey Crockett" <r...@azurservers.com> wrote in message

> > Scott a écrit profondement:
>
> > | How, exactly, does admitting to doing something that lots and lots of
> > | teams and individual pros openly do every year help Floyd?
>
> > 60 bikes?
>
> Are we reading the same thing? Did Johan say anything about 60 bikes? For
> that matter, Johan said he was aware of bikes being sold off *after* the
> Discovery team ended. How did he fund a drug program several years prior
> with proceeds from those bike sales?

No, you are not reading the same thing...at least not reading it with
similar comprehension skills. Loofahectomy took a course Reading Is
Fondle-Mental, and that's his major, errr, thrust. He's being driven
crazy by his double-secret desire to juggle Juan's solo pelota.

That happens a lot when the brain is starved for blood. It happens to
midgets when they get erections. It can be caused by a comparatively
small blood volume, a huge erection or a small brain pan. Can you
guess which one Landisafferty suffers from? I'll give you a hint -
he's a pin head.

Betty

Jul 21, 2010, 4:19:36 PM7/21/10

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
> I can't believe you said that.

Woman's racing might be be lessboring if more of them upgraded their
programs.

Betty

Jul 21, 2010, 4:11:33 PM7/21/10
NoDannyNo wrote:
> the one I bought had a used T-patch under the saddle.

What did it smell like ?

Betty

Jul 21, 2010, 4:20:35 PM7/21/10
RicodJour wrote:
> Listen, ya rube - keep the Lafftime filter-glasses on at all times,
> okay? Anything that happens to anyone, anywhere, is LANCE's fault.
> Nobody else matters. Got it?

Presumably they come in Oakley Livestrong colours.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jul 21, 2010, 6:32:02 PM7/21/10
"Fred Flintstein" <bob.sc...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net> wrote in message

Sadly true! But my admittedly-pathetic rationale is that it's become a
fairly-level playing field at the current level of drug testing. Like I
said, pathetic.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jul 21, 2010, 6:37:35 PM7/21/10
"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Right, but if Johan is giving a truthful timeline, the money gained from
selling bikes came well after any expenditures for a doping program. But
nobody mentions that. Nobody here even questioned Johan's timeline. Not even
those who are the most-animated about the whole thing. That, to me, is
evidence that people are pretty darned blind to anything that doesn't fit
into their own fantasy, and simply pick & choose "evidence" that fits their
preconceived notion.

William Fred

Jul 21, 2010, 7:10:46 PM7/21/10
"Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in

> Right, but if Johan is giving a truthful timeline, the money gained
> from selling bikes came well after any expenditures for a doping
> program. But nobody mentions that. Nobody here even questioned Johan's
> timeline. Not even those who are the most-animated about the whole
> thing. That, to me, is evidence that people are pretty darned blind to
> anything that doesn't fit into their own fantasy, and simply pick &
> choose "evidence" that fits their preconceived notion.

Your attempt to inject logic and rationality into this discussion are at
best misguided. Just so you know.

--
Bill Fred

Choppy Warburton

Jul 21, 2010, 7:14:59 PM7/21/10
Mikey - you can't trust a crook and a liar or maybe everyone loves to
see you show up at the poker table.

NoDannyNo

Jul 21, 2010, 7:19:58 PM7/21/10

A mixture of Assos chamois cream, FRS Wild Berry "energy drink", and
Peet's Major Dickason's Blend coffee.

Strangest thing was that after inhaling that olfactory sensation I had
the irresistible urge to go out and impregnate someone who looked like
my mother. (The poor mailman...he never knew what hit him).

I wonder whose bike I got?

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jul 22, 2010, 2:55:30 AM7/22/10
"Choppy Warburton" <choppyw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Mikey - you can't trust a crook and a liar or maybe everyone loves to
> see you show up at the poker table.

I have no dog in this race. Just enjoying the show. Although probably not
enjoying things today; it's been lightning/thunder all night and looks to be
steady rain throughout the day here in Lourdes and worse (cold & rain) on
the Tourmalet.

Davey Crockett

Jul 22, 2010, 3:07:53 AM7/22/10
"Mike Jacoubowsky" a écrit profondement:

| I have no dog in this race. Just enjoying the show. Although probably
| not enjoying things today; it's been lightning/thunder all night and
| looks to be steady rain throughout the day here in Lourdes and worse
| (cold & rain) on the Tourmalet.

Sun's up here and around 25 degrees already (Antibes)

--
"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all"