EPO w/out instruction?

Mike Jacoubowsky

Sep 11, 2010, 6:43:23 PM9/11/10
"I made a mistake. In a instant, I just stepped into my car, drove to
Barcelona and parked in the city centre. I went was ready to go around the
pharmacies where I might find EPO. At the second one, I had what I needed."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sentjens-confesses-epo-use-and-retires

Interesting. One tends to assume that EPO use is more organized than that;
that advanced protocols are in place to keep the possibility of a positive
result to an absolute minimum. And then you read this and wonder what's
really going on. Are things really so secretive or (unbelievably) uncommon
that a professional cyclist wanders the streets like a junkie looking for a
fix? Does nobody else think it strange there isn't some source on the 'net
detailing appropriate protocols, similar to the anarchists's cookbook?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

DirtRoadie

Sep 12, 2010, 12:00:13 PM9/12/10
On Sep 11, 4:43 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> "I made a mistake. In a instant, I just stepped into my car, drove to
> Barcelona and parked in the city centre. I went was ready to go around the
> pharmacies where I might find EPO. At the second one, I had what I needed."http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sentjens-confesses-epo-use-and-retires
>
> Interesting. One tends to assume that EPO use is more organized than that;
> that advanced protocols are in place to keep the possibility of a positive
> result to an absolute minimum. And then you read this and wonder what's
> really going on. Are things really so secretive or (unbelievably) uncommon
> that a professional cyclist wanders the streets like a junkie looking for a
> fix? Does nobody else think it strange there isn't some source on the 'net
> detailing appropriate protocols, similar to the anarchists's cookbook?

I don't know one way or the other and have not really looked, but I
would be a little surprised if there were NOT some information/source
about such things available somewhere on the web. At some point, I
think as a result of links from this group, I recall seeing a site or
two frequented by bodybuilders with much discussion of various
substances, legal and illegal. Pretty scary actually - just looking at
it from a health perspective.

DR

Anton Berlin

Sep 12, 2010, 12:44:26 PM9/12/10

You can buy any drug in the world in Barcelona - he should be happy
he actually got EPO and not some diluted morphine with LSD in a EPO
bottle