If this is clean cycling... Let me the first to say

Anton Berlin

Jul 18, 2010, 11:43:49 AM7/18/10
BRING BACK THE FUCKING DOPE !!!! I about fell asleep during today's
stage.

Let these mother fuckers use every possible drug and procedure known
to mankind.

I miss the days of Ricco, Ullrich, Pantani, an Armstrong that
mattered, and a linebacker like Indurain climbing like a mountain goat.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 19, 2010, 1:19:49 AM7/19/10

"Anton Berlin" <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: BRING BACK THE FUCKING DOPE !!!! I about fell asleep during today's

Dumbass -

lol!

I agree. I like the Superhuman Feats.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Ryan Cousineau

Jul 19, 2010, 3:02:23 AM7/19/10
On Jul 18, 10:19 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "Anton Berlin" <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Wait, Alberto shredding the leaders at will, excepting Andy, was NOT
ENOUGH for you? He made some great riders look like cheap watches. The
only reason A&A didn't put a minute into everyone else is they decided
to match-sprint each other to a tie. Which is interesting in its own
right.

Scott

Jul 19, 2010, 8:36:28 AM7/19/10

For the record, you can stop referring to Indurain in any way to imply
he's a big man. For years I thought he was big, too, based on all the
comments from Phil/Paul, etc... but... he was in CO for awhile one
year in the late 90's (whatever year that was that the WC was in South
America and a lot of pros came to CO for altitude training). There
was a race at the Air Force Academy and they were all there. The
crowd was all gaga over his presence, so of course I had to see for
myself. Big??? nah, nothing to him. Bordering on tiny, actually,
just a little taller than the others, but not big. The typical 15
y.o. kid at track nationals is bigger than Indurain.

B. Lafferty

Jul 19, 2010, 8:58:06 AM7/19/10

The year the World RR was held in Colombia (1995), Mig was there and he
appeared to be a giant compared to the Colombian climbers who all got
blown away by----------the Euro dopers. A non-juiced Mig would not have
done what he did in Columbia. Olano, Mig, Pantani. Watch the video again.

Scott

Jul 19, 2010, 9:26:08 AM7/19/10

Giant? What did I say... he is not big. Tall, perhaps, but not big,
and certainly not so tall that he couldn't develop his strength/weight
ratio to appropriate levels w/out doping. Your sister could take him
in a bar fight.

Anton Berlin

Jul 19, 2010, 9:36:39 AM7/19/10

6"2 180-190 is big for a tour cyclist and giant for one that is
winning.

DirtRoadie

Jul 19, 2010, 12:02:07 PM7/19/10
On Jul 19, 7:36 am, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 6"2 180-190 is big for a tour cyclist and giant for one that is
> winning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Indurain

thirty-six

Jul 19, 2010, 12:27:59 PM7/19/10

Big in a Spanish way.

B. Lafferty

Jul 19, 2010, 12:35:23 PM7/19/10
Compared to the Colombians, Indurain looks like a giant (as does Olano).
Try not to be too literal. You'll enjoy life more as a
non-literalist. Now go look at the video of 1995 to see what the big
guys on dope did to the little Colombian climbers.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 19, 2010, 1:07:27 PM7/19/10

"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

Indurain being dirty shows how fucked up LemonD is. Indurain won the last 2
tours in which LemonD participated. What does LemonD say about Indurain?
Nothing.

LemonD competed in Zero Tours with LANCE and Landis. Why does he go after
them? Because they're Americans and a threat to his ego.

Dude is fucked up. He's so egocentric that he can't see how his actions fuck
up his "legacy" 100 times more than some other American winning Tours.

Dude is in bed with Vayer right? Why not analyze Indurain?

Choppy Warburton

Jul 19, 2010, 2:26:12 PM7/19/10
Indurain has photos of LeMond with a podium guuuuurl?

B. Lafferty

Jul 19, 2010, 5:26:58 PM7/19/10
Analyze Indurain if you like. For all I know he has been. Tell us the
wattage he put our on various climbs and then tell us your "thoughts" on
the Olano/Indurain one two in Colombia.

Rik Van Slick

Jul 19, 2010, 5:43:19 PM7/19/10
On Jul 19, 5:26 pm, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> > "B. Lafferty"<b...@nowhere.com>  wrote in message

> Analyze Indurain if you like.  For all I know he has been.  Tell us the
> wattage he put our on various climbs and then tell us your "thoughts" on
> the Olano/Indurain one two in Colombia.

That was some awesome spectacle! That's why the sport needs doping -
we want to see giant Euros powering up Colombian climbs faster than
those scrawny locals. Anything else is sooo regular.

Watching Vino hammer away at the front yesterday like some sort beast
made me think: Golly, there is a guy who has returned from his two
year suspension clean as a whistle. Riding right up at the same level
as before that nasty two year layoff. Just like the Chicken, Basso,
Landis, and to a lesser extent, Rico.

Uncle Dave

Jul 19, 2010, 5:45:32 PM7/19/10

Lungs. He had BIG lungs. Lungs as big as an elephant's ears by all
accounts. Or was it an elephant's arse, I don't remember. That's how
he was able to beat everybody out of sight. Lungs. Nothing to do
with drugs, and the fact that he turned to shit overnight when a
viable EPOS test came along well, that was just coincidence. His
lungs must have collapsed or something. It was the lungs. See, say
it often enough and it becomes true. Oh, and during the Indurain
years, just as in the Armstrong years, the Tour was as boring as
boring can be. Indurain virtually destroyed the Tour as a spectacle
and Armstrong picked up the boredom baton and ran with it, so stop
complaining. Lungs win you races. Lungs, not legs.

UD

Uncle Dave

Jul 19, 2010, 5:46:41 PM7/19/10

Literally? As in "Armstrong just literally exploded on that climb"?

UD

Anton Berlin

Jul 19, 2010, 5:54:30 PM7/19/10

I stopped watching back then. No fascination. No admiration. Just
disgust.

B. Lafferty

Jul 19, 2010, 6:01:38 PM7/19/10
On 7/19/2010 5:43 PM, Rik Van Slick wrote:
> On Jul 19, 5:26 pm, "B. Lafferty"<b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>> "B. Lafferty"<b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>

>> Analyze Indurain if you like. For all I know he has been. Tell us the
>> wattage he put our on various climbs and then tell us your "thoughts" on
>> the Olano/Indurain one two in Colombia.
>

> That was some awesome spectacle! That's why the sport needs doping -
> we want to see giant Euros powering up Colombian climbs faster than
> those scrawny locals. Anything else is sooo regular.

It's one of my favorite videos. Some of the expressions on the
Colombian faces are priceless. I think it was Lucho Herrara who said he
knew it was time to retire when he was being passed on the climbs by fat
assed Europeans.

B. Lafferty

Jul 19, 2010, 6:02:25 PM7/19/10
Yeah. He went soooooooooo hard that he blew himself up. :-)

Scott

Jul 19, 2010, 7:08:52 PM7/19/10

I don't know where you're finding your stats on Indurain, but I can
guarantee you this: the man I stood next to that day in Colorado
Springs didn't weigh anywhere near 180lbs.

Scott

Jul 19, 2010, 7:10:32 PM7/19/10

It's not a function of me being literal, I'm merely pointing out that
you shouldn't think of Indurain as being a giant, nor so large that he
could only have accomplished what he did by doping. He was not THAT
big.

thirty-six

Jul 19, 2010, 7:15:27 PM7/19/10

Nicely put. Wonder where pigeon-chested Simpsom tucked his awaqy.

Anton Berlin

Jul 19, 2010, 7:21:22 PM7/19/10

6-2 175 according to this 5 lbs is a rounding error - take a big
dump - sweat for a few hours

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/a-giant-in-the-saddle-profile-miguel-indurain-1588209.html

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 20, 2010, 12:20:45 AM7/20/10

"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

Duh. I always thought he doped.

Query yourself this though. LemonD participated in TWO TdFs which he lost to
Indurain. Yet, he's obsessed with LANCE, a guy against whom he never
competed.

LemonD's shit is totally ego driven. Instead of going after guys who
actually affected his career, he's obsessed with someone who had absolutely
no effect on his career, but that guy did affect his entitlement syndrome.
When LANCE started winning, he got the attention that LemonD felt should've
still been going his way.

I used to worship LemonD. Now I think he's the World's Biggest Jackass.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 20, 2010, 12:24:47 AM7/20/10

: On 7/19/2010 5:43 PM, Rik Van Slick wrote:
: > On Jul 19, 5:26 pm, "B. Lafferty"<b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
: >>> "B. Lafferty"<b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
: >>> news:_Z6dnb0wH8-f0dnR...@giganews.com...
: >
: >
:
: It's one of my favorite videos. Some of the expressions on the
: Colombian faces are priceless. I think it was Lucho Herrara who said he
: knew it was time to retire when he was being passed on the climbs by fat
: assed Europeans.

<snip>

Dumbass -

That is a flawed analysis. Just because someone's smaller doesn't mean they
should be a better climber.

I think that Indurain took EPO, but he was still a freak. Pantani doped to
the same (or greater) extent, Indurain couldn't keep up with his initial
attacks, but he could run him down over time. Indurain's aorta was 1.5
inches in diameter. He was just a freak of nature. And, even with the
doping, he had to lose weight. 195 lbs. doesn't cut it. When he lost the
weight, 6'3", 172 lbs. made him quite the specimen.

Betty

Jul 20, 2010, 4:44:17 AM7/20/10
Scott wrote:
> I don't know where you're finding your stats on Indurain, but I can
> guarantee you this: the man I stood next to that day in Colorado
> Springs didn't weigh anywhere near 180lbs.

I wonder what Ullrich weighs these days.

Betty

Jul 20, 2010, 4:46:23 AM7/20/10
Anton Berlin wrote:
> 6-2 175 according to this 5 lbs is a rounding error - take a big
> dump - sweat for a few hours

A 5 lbs dump is positively Baileyesque.

B. Lafferty

Jul 20, 2010, 7:12:53 AM7/20/10
On 7/20/2010 12:24 AM, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> "B. Lafferty"<b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> : On 7/19/2010 5:43 PM, Rik Van Slick wrote:
> :> On Jul 19, 5:26 pm, "B. Lafferty"<b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> :>>> "B. Lafferty"<b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> :>>> news:_Z6dnb0wH8-f0dnR...@giganews.com...
> :>
> :>
> :>> Analyze Indurain if you like. For all I know he has been. Tell us the
> :>> wattage he put our on various climbs and then tell us your "thoughts"
> on
> :>> the Olano/Indurain one two in Colombia.
> :>
> :>
> :> That was some awesome spectacle! That's why the sport needs doping -
> :> we want to see giant Euros powering up Colombian climbs faster than
> :> those scrawny locals. Anything else is sooo regular.
> :
> : It's one of my favorite videos. Some of the expressions on the
> : Colombian faces are priceless. I think it was Lucho Herrara who said he
> : knew it was time to retire when he was being passed on the climbs by fat
> : assed Europeans.
>

> <snip>
>

> Dumbass -
>
> That is a flawed analysis. Just because someone's smaller doesn't mean they
> should be a better climber.

I never said that, chump.

> I think that Indurain took EPO, but he was still a freak. Pantani doped to
> the same (or greater) extent, Indurain couldn't keep up with his initial
> attacks, but he could run him down over time. Indurain's aorta was 1.5
> inches in diameter. He was just a freak of nature. And, even with the
> doping, he had to lose weight. 195 lbs. doesn't cut it. When he lost the
> weight, 6'3", 172 lbs. made him quite the specimen.

Belief and faith are wonderful things, aren't they. LOL!

B. Lafferty

Jul 20, 2010, 7:13:23 AM7/20/10
Thanks for sharing.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 20, 2010, 5:39:39 PM7/20/10

"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

So why wasn't Prudencio Indurain a winner?

He was built about the same as Miguel and he presumably was on the same
medical program.

Doping alone doesn't do it.

Anton Berlin

Jul 20, 2010, 5:44:24 PM7/20/10

> Dumbass -
>
> So why wasn't Prudencio Indurain a winner?

No one named Prudencio has ever won anything - God sees to it that
they don't even win raffles as punishment for having such a pussy
name.