Henry, Betty, RetardJour, H. Fred, and Fredmaster Closed World Rantings

B. Lafferty

Aug 2, 2010, 9:40:11 AM8/2/10
To make it easier for others here at rbr to separate out your constant
internal dialogues attacking Anton and me, please post those dialogues
here in this thread. That way we can have fact based discussions about
events and issues elsewhere in rbr.

Thanks! :-)

RicodJour

Aug 2, 2010, 9:43:55 AM8/2/10

Anton Berlin

Aug 2, 2010, 9:44:11 AM8/2/10

It's actually just one guy without any friends in the real world and
many aliases on the internets arguing and agreeing with himself.

As long as they do it from the privacy of their basement apartments
and don't go out in the real world to harm children or squirrels, I'm
OK with it.

B. Lafferty

Aug 2, 2010, 9:58:24 AM8/2/10
Thanks for your understanding and consideration.

B. Lafferty

Aug 2, 2010, 10:25:31 AM8/2/10
OK then. :-)

Betty

Aug 2, 2010, 10:57:26 AM8/2/10
Anton Berlin wrote:
> As long as they do it from the privacy of their basement apartments
> and don't go out in the real world to harm children or squirrels, I'm
> OK with it.

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/may/11/recipes.foodanddrink>

Anton Berlin

Aug 2, 2010, 11:48:46 AM8/2/10

A cross between duck and lamb? Sounds good to me.

GoneBeforeMyTime

Aug 2, 2010, 2:42:35 PM8/2/10

Funny, you always hear about getting a room. You can't get a room in rbr,
there is only one room really. In other forums sometimes, moderators would
boot the obsessers out to a room indeed, where you would find the other
accomplices.

Kurgan Gringioni

Aug 2, 2010, 2:48:03 PM8/2/10

"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
: To make it easier for others here at rbr to separate out your constant

poor Laff.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Aug 2, 2010, 3:09:42 PM8/2/10
"Anton Berlin" <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I had the best duck when I was in France... lamb kabobs were pretty darned
good too!

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Amit Ghosh

Aug 2, 2010, 3:26:34 PM8/2/10
On Aug 2, 3:09 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote:
> "Anton Berlin" <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Aug 2, 9:57 am, Betty <n...@mailinator.com> wrote:
>
> > Anton Berlin wrote:
> > > As long as they do it from the privacy of their basement apartments
> > > and don't go out in the real world to harm children or squirrels, I'm
> > > OK with it.
>
> > <http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/may/11/recipes.foodanddrink>
> >A cross between duck and lamb?  Sounds good to me.
>
> I had the best duck when I was in France... lamb kabobs were pretty darned
> good too!

dumbass,

coulda been squirrel.

RicodJour

Aug 2, 2010, 3:41:28 PM8/2/10

Nah, the French are serious about their food. They wouldn't serve
squirrel to a Frenchma...oh. Nevermind!

Amit Ghosh

Aug 2, 2010, 3:43:32 PM8/2/10

B. Lafferty

Aug 2, 2010, 4:03:34 PM8/2/10
I feel your pain, mon petit Henry.

Frederick the Great

Aug 2, 2010, 4:11:05 PM8/2/10
In article <mv2ji7...@donald.homeip.net>,
Betty <no...@mailinator.com> wrote:

: And his own favourite recipe? 'I must admit, I'm a beef
: man myself,' he said. 'But my huntsman swears by
: squirrel with sausage meat and bacon.'

I'll have the squirrel pasty with sausage and bacon,
hold the squirrel.

--
Old Fritz

Frederick the Great

Aug 2, 2010, 4:14:25 PM8/2/10
In article <LoqdnU8L29YBjMrR...@sti.net>,
"GoneBeforeMyTime" <Fa...@EuroForums.com> wrote:

You're all just a bunch of ringleaders.

--
Old Fritz

Betty

Aug 2, 2010, 4:35:04 PM8/2/10

Frederick the Great wrote:
> : And his own favourite recipe? 'I must admit, I'm a beef
> : man myself,' he said. 'But my huntsman swears by
> : squirrel with sausage meat and bacon.'
>
> I'll have the squirrel pasty with sausage and bacon,
> hold the squirrel.

Chocolate pasty presumably if rbr bad taste standards are to be upheld.

RicodJour

Aug 2, 2010, 4:50:37 PM8/2/10
On Aug 2, 4:35 pm, Betty <n...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> Betty <n...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> >> <http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/may/11/recipes.foodanddrink>
> Frederick the Great wrote:
> >  : And his own favourite recipe? 'I must admit, I'm a beef
> >  : man myself,' he said. 'But my huntsman swears by
> >  : squirrel with sausage meat and bacon.'
>
> > I'll have the squirrel pasty with sausage and bacon,
> > hold the squirrel.
>
> Chocolate pasty presumably if rbr bad taste standards are to be upheld.

This is as close as I could come:
http://cdn.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/pastylead.jpg
Really more mocha, though.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Aug 2, 2010, 6:15:00 PM8/2/10
"Amit Ghosh" <amit....@gmail.com> wrote in message

----
dumbass,

coulda been squirrel.

--

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Amit Ghosh" <amit....@gmail.com> wrote in message

======
dumbass,

coulda been squirrel.
======

Does it matter? It was good, and if it was Squirrel, it was darned good
Squirrel. When I go to France, I typically order the Plat du Jour anyway,
often having no idea what it might be ahead of time. I did have to modify
that this trip though, because far too many plat du jours seemed to be 1/4
poulet. How imaginative.

I have yet to understand the fascination with entricote (rumpsteak).

--Mike--
Chain Reaction Bicycles

Fred Flintstein

Aug 2, 2010, 8:24:02 PM8/2/10
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> Does it matter? It was good, and if it was Squirrel,
> it was darned good Squirrel. When I go to France, I
> typically order the Plat du Jour anyway, often having
> no idea what it might be ahead of time. I did have to
> modify that this trip though, because far too many plat
> du jours seemed to be 1/4 poulet. How imaginative.

Dumbass,

When I got the andouillette, as I was eating it my kid
entered it into the translator. She showed it to my wife,
and then they both started laughing.

Fred Flintstein

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Aug 3, 2010, 12:18:50 AM8/3/10

Lafferty,

Even for your usual imperviousness to irony,
this is a bit rich. Where would you be without us?
No one else pays you the slightest attention.
You don't want a discussion, as is evident from
your one-liner responses to posts (ROFL, "Thanks
for sharing," etc). You just want people to agree
with you.

If you think the treatment here is unbefitting your
august self, take your act to cyclingforums (does that
place still exist?) or the CN forums, etc. The actual
LANCE fanboys will show you what true hostility is.

Fredmaster Ben

Frederick the Great

Aug 3, 2010, 1:27:51 AM8/3/10
In article
<f7e4d106-e10f-4cfe...@u38g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,

Fredmaster of Brainerd <bjwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 6:40 am, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> > To make it easier for others here at rbr to separate out your constant
> > internal dialogues attacking Anton and me, please post those dialogues
> > here in this thread.  That way we can have fact based discussions about
> > events and issues elsewhere in rbr.
> >
> > Thanks! :-)
>
> Lafferty,
>
> Even for your usual imperviousness to irony,
> this is a bit rich. Where would you be without us?
> No one else pays you the slightest attention.
> You don't want a discussion, as is evident from
> your one-liner responses to posts (ROFL, "Thanks
> for sharing," etc). You just want people to agree
> with you.

There you are incorrect. Watch what happens when
somebody agrees with Lafferty. Try agreeing
with him. Naturally it would be where you
actually agree. See what happens.

--
Old Fritz

Frederick the Great

Aug 3, 2010, 1:31:12 AM8/3/10
In article
<f7e4d106-e10f-4cfe...@u38g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
Fredmaster of Brainerd <bjwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 6:40 am, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> > To make it easier for others here at rbr to separate out your constant
> > internal dialogues attacking Anton and me, please post those dialogues
> > here in this thread.  That way we can have fact based discussions about
> > events and issues elsewhere in rbr.
>

> Even for your usual imperviousness to irony,
> this is a bit rich. Where would you be without us?
> No one else pays you the slightest attention.
> You don't want a discussion, as is evident from
> your one-liner responses to posts (ROFL, "Thanks
> for sharing," etc). You just want people to agree
> with you.
>
> If you think the treatment here is unbefitting your
> august self, take your act to cyclingforums (does that
> place still exist?) or the CN forums, etc. The actual
> LANCE fanboys will show you what true hostility is.

Unlike rbr ersatz hostility. You make a good point.
Time to get going on some nukular hostility. Buncha slackers.

--
Old Fritz

Barry

Aug 3, 2010, 8:04:31 AM8/3/10
> I have yet to understand the fascination with entricote (rumpsteak).

Entrecôte is rib steak.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Aug 3, 2010, 5:57:48 PM8/3/10
"Barry" <Ba...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>> I have yet to understand the fascination with entricote (rumpsteak).
>
> Entrecôte is rib steak.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks. And it's supposed to be a premium cut,
but every time I've had it it's been anything but.

Barry

Aug 3, 2010, 9:36:38 PM8/3/10
>> Entrecôte is rib steak.
>
> Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks. And it's supposed to be a premium cut,
> but every time I've had it it's been anything but.

In France I always liked the stringier steaks like bavette (part of the flank,
but I'm not sure how it's cut) and onglet (hanger steak). I agree that the
entrecôte is usually not as tender as a rib eye in the US. I think that part
of the reason is that they don't feed cattle as much grain as we do, so the
meat has less marbling. And because of this, the steaks really have to be
left pretty rare ("saignant", or, at most, "à point"), or they get tough.
People who like beef well-done or even medium are usually unhappy with the
steaks in France.

H. Fred Kveck

Aug 3, 2010, 10:05:54 PM8/3/10
In article <4c5805c8$1...@news.x-privat.org>, "Barry" <Ba...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> > I have yet to understand the fascination with entricote (rumpsteak).
>
> Entrecôte is rib steak.

Entrecôte tastes good.

Fred

Aug 4, 2010, 12:12:59 AM8/4/10
On Aug 2, 7:40 am, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> To make it easier for others here at rbr to separate out your constant
> internal dialogues attacking Anton and me, please post those dialogues
> here in this thread.  That way we can have fact based discussions about
> events and issues elsewhere in rbr.
>
> Thanks! :-)

You wouldn't recognize a fact based discussion if it reared up and bit
you on the nuts.

Fred

Fred on a stick

Aug 4, 2010, 3:30:43 AM8/4/10
On 8/4/2010 3:36 AM, Barry wrote:

> In France I always liked the stringier steaks like bavette (part of the flank,
> but I'm not sure how it's cut) and onglet (hanger steak).

Meat is butchered slightly differently in France than in the US so it's
not common to find an onglet unless you go to an old-fashioned butcher shop.

> I agree that the
> entrecôte is usually not as tender as a rib eye in the US. I think that part
> of the reason is that they don't feed cattle as much grain as we do, so the
> meat has less marbling.

That's part of it. Two other parts are: French beef is butchered at an
older age than the US, and the breeds are different. Basically, the
American beef market is dominated by breeds that are selected for their
flesh while a substantial portion of the French beef market is comprised
of steers "diverted" from dairy breeds. They can be tasty but, as you
noted, they do need to be cooked differently.

Frederick the Great

Aug 4, 2010, 4:07:55 AM8/4/10
In article
<192176a0-97d3-4af6...@v15g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
Fred <fred....@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 7:40 am, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> > To make it easier for others here at rbr to separate out your constant
> > internal dialogues attacking Anton and me, please post those dialogues
> > here in this thread.  That way we can have fact based discussions about
> > events and issues elsewhere in rbr.
>

> You wouldn't recognize a fact based discussion if it reared up and bit
> you on the nuts.

Maybe he would. We should chip in and buy
a ravening pack of fact based discussions.

--
Old Fritz

Betty

Aug 4, 2010, 5:03:55 AM8/4/10
Fred on a stick wrote:
> That's part of it. Two other parts are: French beef is butchered at an
> older age than the US, and the breeds are different. Basically, the
> American beef market is dominated by breeds that are selected for their
> flesh while a substantial portion of the French beef market is comprised
> of steers "diverted" from dairy breeds. They can be tasty but, as you
> noted, they do need to be cooked differently.

American beef is better for you; its got more steroids and other shit
that will kill them.

Betty

Aug 4, 2010, 5:05:29 AM8/4/10

Frederick the Great wrote:
> Maybe he would. We should chip in and buy
> a ravening pack of fact based discussions.

Perhaps they've got some for sale at the chess newsgroup.

Henry

Aug 4, 2010, 10:39:51 PM8/4/10

What, no HGH or EPO ?