Lance Armstrong Doping History

Zenon

Jun 5, 2011, 1:44:57 AM6/5/11

--D-y

Jun 5, 2011, 10:32:39 AM6/5/11
On Jun 5, 12:44 am, Zenon <zenon_jask...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.scribd.com/doc/16226502/Lance-Armstrong-Doping-History
Oh boy:
(quoting) As one who was attracted to the sport in large measure by
the perso-
nalities of LeMond, Hampsten, Bauer et al., there is now a tragic
sense of things having gone terribly wrong.Their legacy as honest,
gentleman competitors and the reverence in which they held their
sport have been trampled underfoot, perhaps even lost entirely.The
glory of the 1980s, luminous with the courage and earnestness
which once made professional cycling an honorable calling, is now
faded and distant, eclipsed by the dark realities of doping and
excessive influence from financial/corporate interests. (end quote)

Wow. Attracted to Greg Lemond's personality.
"Luminous, with courage and earnestness which once made professional
cycling an honorable calling..."?

Gag me with purple prose.
--D-y

Steven Bornfeld

Jun 5, 2011, 2:59:50 PM6/5/11

"Luminous" personality? Wow. To me he never seemed poised in front of
a microphone. Funny the little things that stick in your mind. I
remember him once blaming a loss on having caught a virus from his son
Geoffrey. I only got away with blaming my kid once.

Steve