Fabio the Flak Needs a Legal CE Class

BLafferty

Sep 16, 2010, 9:33:58 AM9/16/10
Armstrong’s spokesman Mark Fabiani dismissed talk that the recording
might be used in the current investigation. "Greg LeMond's illegal tape
is the stalest of all the stale news to emerge from this inquiry so
far,” he told the LA Times. “Ms. McIlvain disavowed this during her 2005
sworn deposition, and Mr. LeMond violated California law when he made
the tape in yet another of his pathetic attempts to settle old cycling
grudges."

However, the LA Times spoke to legal expert Laurie Levenson, who said
that in federal cases, taped conversations can be used as evidence as
long as one of the parties concerned is aware of the recording.

Read more:
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5686/LeMond-McIlvain-recording-to-be-used-in-Landis-investigation.aspx#ixzz0zhPdiaH5

BLafferty

Sep 16, 2010, 9:34:51 AM9/16/10
Investigators recently obtained a number of recordings from Betsy
Andreu, who told the newspaper that McIlvain left voicemail messages on
her phone expressing regret for "lying" in the 2005 Texas civil case
deposition.

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 16, 2010, 10:04:00 AM9/16/10
BLafferty wrote:

If McIlvain lies under oath to the federal grand jury, the feds will charge her with perjury, just like they did with all
those dumbasses in the BALCO case, including Tammy Thomas, who is now a convicted felon.

Magilla

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 16, 2010, 10:11:17 AM9/16/10
BLafferty wrote:

Time to subpoena the head honchos at Oakley and ask them why they forced Steph to perjure herself under the threat of
losing her job (and her health insurance for her sick children). That's extortion and suborning perjury

I thought Lance cared about the health of children...but I guess not. He knowingly allows his sponsors to use the health
of a child as a bargaining chip to extort perjured testimony to help cover up his conspiracy that defrauded not only
taxpayers, but SCA out of millions.

Lance would make a great politician - a thug with no college education whose experience for the last 20 years is staring at
asphalt and making cell phone calls to get people fired. What a great leader. And smart too.

Lance for president.

Magilla

BLafferty

Sep 16, 2010, 10:47:04 AM9/16/10

I think her attorney has already cut a deal for immunity in return for
truthful testimony in front of the grand jury. Lance is getting reamed
up the bung hole on a near daily basis.

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 16, 2010, 12:44:00 PM9/16/10
BLafferty wrote:

I don't think so...if you look at the quote in the LA Times from McIlvain's attorney, she seems to be sticking with the lie:

-----------

McIlvain, who lives in Orange County, did not return numerous messages left by The Times. Her attorney, Tom Beinart, said this
week that, "It's a shame certain people, including Mr. LeMond, who have an agenda, were attempting to get people to say things
that are incriminating. Regardless of their efforts and intent, Ms. McIlvain does not have any evidence that would represent
incriminating information about Mr. Armstrong on blood doping or performance-enhancing drugs."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lance-armstrong-20100916,0,2851394.story

-----------

Magilla

BLafferty

Sep 16, 2010, 1:06:52 PM9/16/10

Posturing at it best--or worst. The question I'd ask him is, "Has the
AUSA on the case sat down with you and your client to listen to the
Lemond tape and the phone messages your client left on Andreau's
answering machine? Is your client willing to give us a voice exemplar to
compare her voice with that on Betsy's phone machine?"

Anton Berlin

Sep 16, 2010, 5:00:17 PM9/16/10

> I think her attorney has already cut a deal for immunity in return for
> truthful testimony in front of the grand jury.  Lance is getting reamed
> up the bung hole on a near daily basis.

Speaking of basis - do you have any for this supposition?

Michael Press

Sep 16, 2010, 10:56:09 PM9/16/10
In article <x4udnbdau_t3sA_R...@giganews.com>,
BLafferty <Br...@nowhere.com> wrote:

It is a weak case that needs to be tried in the newspapers.

--
Michael Press

BLafferty

Sep 17, 2010, 6:31:32 AM9/17/10

Her attorney earlier said she would cooperate fully with the
investigation. Also, I don't see her adding to her woes given the tape
recordings.