Where's the Beef?

BLafferty

Nov 17, 2010, 1:23:30 PM11/17/10

Anton Berlin

Nov 17, 2010, 1:52:39 PM11/17/10
Instead of feeding mayonnaise to live tuna the DS will feed EPO to
chickens next.

As long as there is a chicken with a VO2max of 96 cyclists will have
an out.

Scott

Nov 17, 2010, 3:09:49 PM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 11:23 am, BLafferty <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wada-blow-to-contadors-tainted-meat-d...

> Maybe it was the fish?

Can you get clenbuterol from a vanishing twin?

Mike Jacoubowsky

Nov 17, 2010, 3:21:04 PM11/17/10
"BLafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Indeed. Consider that the WADA's opening shot at suggesting that Contador's
going down, and quite possibly for the full two years. One wonders if he
could have negotiated something shorter if he had tried earlier on.

Interesting that it's only now we see references, c/o WADA, to extensive
testing for clenbuterol adulteration-

"WADA is also reported to have supplied a report from the European Union
into the analysis of almost 300,000 meat samples that were tested during
2008. Only a single sample showed even the possibility of contamination with
clenbuterol."

1 in 300,000. What they did not do was define what "even the possibility" of
contamination means. Were they able, in 2008, to test close to the same
levels as shown currently in Contador's sample? That may not be relevant
though, since testing the "source" (the animal directly given the drug) is
going to show dramatically higher levels than what you'd see from someone a
step down the food chain.

In this case, it appears likely it's Contador who's now cooked well-done.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

DirtRoadie

Nov 17, 2010, 3:41:14 PM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 1:21 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> "BLafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Who knows.

But I especially liked the part in the ElPais article:
"Clearly, farmers that use illegal methods never slaughter their
illegally fattened animals until 20 days after the last dose of
clenbuterol to evade controls," the report reads

Clearly...
Never...

It's as if they are saying "Hey Alberto we know they do it but since
THEY never make mistakes, you're guilty, dude!."

DR

Mike Jacoubowsky

Nov 17, 2010, 6:46:13 PM11/17/10

==============
Who knows.

But I especially liked the part in the ElPais article:
"Clearly, farmers that use illegal methods never slaughter their
illegally fattened animals until 20 days after the last dose of
clenbuterol to evade controls," the report reads

Clearly...
Never...

It's as if they are saying "Hey Alberto we know they do it but since
THEY never make mistakes, you're guilty, dude!."

DR
===============

Clearly this was somebody's sacred cow. Why else would it have also been
hooked up to an IV?

Anton Berlin

Nov 17, 2010, 8:13:49 PM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 5:46 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "DirtRoadie" <DirtRoa...@aol.com> wrote in message

As you know there are at least a few legitimate reasons for IV
fluids. But coupled with the positive clen it's hard to think of
any.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Nov 17, 2010, 9:59:25 PM11/17/10

======

As you know there are at least a few legitimate reasons for IV
fluids. But coupled with the positive clen it's hard to think of
any.
======

Are there *any* remaining uses of an IV for a professional cyclist that
don't require authorization as essential from someone in the medical
profession?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com

Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Anton Berlin

Nov 17, 2010, 11:18:19 PM11/17/10
Mike - i might be wrong because I found one example of a rider needing
IV fluids must withdraw from the competition. I couldn't find a
specific rule here though.

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MjI0NQ&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NDc3MDk&LangId=1

BLafferty

Nov 18, 2010, 7:15:41 AM11/18/10