It's time to thank the rbr faithful

Mike Jacoubowsky

May 13, 2011, 7:24:59 PM5/13/11
Just thought it would be a nice gesture, before the TdF crowd inundates us,
to thank the faithful here, those who are here year 'round, as opposed to
the sudden influx of opportunists who sit on the sidelines until Walsh's
latest book comes out and then jump all over anyone who thinks cycling is
still a sport.

In a couple week's time, it will be too late; the posers and wannabes and
opportunists who jump in, jab a few times, think they're so cool and then
disappear... those guys will somehow think I'm including them in the
faithful. Yeah right. Just because you come in a couple weeks ahead of the
'Tour and wait until the doping tests are completed before leaving doesn't
get you much cred in my book.

So yes, I'm saying even Anton gets a thank you for being a fair &
foul-weather kind of rbr poster.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

RicodJour

May 13, 2011, 8:34:27 PM5/13/11
On May 13, 7:24 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> Just thought it would be a nice gesture, before the TdF crowd inundates us,
> to thank the faithful here, those who are here year 'round, as opposed to
> the sudden influx of opportunists who sit on the sidelines until Walsh's
> latest book comes out and then jump all over anyone who thinks cycling is
> still a sport.
>
> In a couple week's time, it will be too late; the posers and wannabes and
> opportunists who jump in, jab a few times, think they're so cool and then
> disappear... those guys will somehow think I'm including them in the
> faithful. Yeah right. Just because you come in a couple weeks ahead of the
> 'Tour and wait until the doping tests are completed before leaving doesn't
> get you much cred in my book.
>
> So yes, I'm saying even Anton gets a thank you for being a fair &
> foul-weather kind of rbr poster.

Man, you really are feeling magnanimous! Does it have to do with
seeing that kid upside down in the car?

birdbrain

May 13, 2011, 10:27:57 PM5/13/11
On May 13, 4:24 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> Just thought it would be a nice gesture, before the TdF crowd inundates us,
> to thank the faithful here, those who are here year 'round, as opposed to
> the sudden influx of opportunists who sit on the sidelines until Walsh's
> latest book comes out and then jump all over anyone who thinks cycling is
> still a sport.

I'd like to thank the opportunists who inundate us during the TdF.
OK, I'm not 'us' but I lurk all year and they make it more interesting
in July.

Anton Berlin

May 13, 2011, 11:43:15 PM5/13/11
.

> I'd like to thank the opportunists who inundate us during the TdF.
> OK, I'm not 'us' but I lurk all year and they make it more interesting
> in July.

We should fuck with them and pretend there are no drugs in cycling

Mike Jacoubowsky

May 14, 2011, 12:07:29 AM5/14/11

"Anton Berlin" <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

No way could we pull that off but it's a inspired idea. Doubt we could
get BL to go along though.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Ben Trovato

May 14, 2011, 3:06:29 AM5/14/11

Pretend? Of course there aren't any drugs in cycling; this whole
doper hunt exists only to distract from the fact that the races are
all fixed by Bordurian gambling rings.

Simply Fred

May 14, 2011, 5:28:49 AM5/14/11
Ben Trovato wrote:
> Pretend? Of course there aren't any drugs in cycling; this whole
> doper hunt exists only to distract from the fact that the races are
> all fixed by Bordurian gambling rings.

Rebellin will expose all.

TheCoz

May 14, 2011, 10:09:45 AM5/14/11

I'm sure Sir Lance-a-Lot could give us some inside information on all
of that.
Coz

Simply Fred

May 14, 2011, 10:25:16 AM5/14/11

TheCoz wrote:
> I'm sure Sir Lance-a-Lot could give us some inside information on all
> of that.

He has no inside information on the Republic of Borduria, although if he
grows a beard and buys a yacht then he might.

MyPostingID

May 25, 2011, 10:43:37 AM5/25/11

I am a total 100% July person, but I do lurk here year-round.
Sometimes I think about posting, but then I realize, I don't really
know what I'm talking about. Better to remain a lurker. But thank
you all for posting - it is always interesting and sometimes funny.
Or perhaps the other way around.

Anton Berlin

May 25, 2011, 11:04:06 AM5/25/11

> I am a total 100% July person, but I do lurk here year-round.
> Sometimes I think about posting, but then I realize, I don't really
> know what I'm talking about.  Better to remain a lurker.  But thank
> you all for posting - it is always interesting and sometimes funny.
> Or perhaps the other way around.

We don't know what the fuck we're talking about either.

It's just fun to have some laughs and learn a few things. Dumbass
cyclists seem to be more open minded and intelligent than the
population.

dave a

May 25, 2011, 11:20:53 AM5/25/11

I see no evidence of intelligence or open-mindedness here. You and
blaff are the poster boys for stupidity and closed-mindedness.

Frederick the Great

May 25, 2011, 1:00:48 PM5/25/11
In article
<b47db5bb-4cb7-424d...@b42g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
MyPostingID <mypos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > TheCoz wrote:
> > > I'm sure Sir Lance-a-Lot could give us some inside information on all
> > > of that.
> >
> > He has no inside information on the Republic of Borduria, although if he
> > grows a beard and buys a yacht then he might.
>
> I am a total 100% July person, but I do lurk here year-round.
> Sometimes I think about posting, but then I realize, I don't really
> know what I'm talking about.

Candyass.

--
Old Fritz

Frederick the Great

May 25, 2011, 1:02:05 PM5/25/11
In article
<1c7a0fb4-eb2c-482e...@l14g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,

Anton Berlin <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> We don't know what the fuck we're talking about either.

Speak for yourself.

--
Old Fritz

ilan

May 25, 2011, 5:48:52 PM5/25/11
On May 14, 1:24 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

Thanks. Just to give you an idea of what this is leading to, I was
riding my city bike in downtown Neuchatel today and some Greenpeace
beggar made a comment about doping control in my honour. I turned
around to tell him what I thought of him and his organisation, but
like the people you mention, arguing is impossible with such people.

-ilan

Fredmaster of Brainerd

May 25, 2011, 5:57:31 PM5/25/11
On May 25, 2:48 pm, ilan <ilan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. Just to give you an idea of what this is leading to, I was
> riding my city bike in downtown Neuchatel today and some Greenpeace
> beggar made a comment about doping control in my honour. I turned
> around to tell him what I thought of him and his organisation, but
> like the people you mention, arguing is impossible with such people.

You should have just told him that you reject doping
products, as eating whale meat gives you superhuman
abilities anyway.

Fredmaster Ben

thirty-six

May 25, 2011, 6:01:34 PM5/25/11
On May 14, 12:24 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

Sometimes the wind is just too strong.

ilan

May 25, 2011, 7:03:56 PM5/25/11
On May 25, 11:57 pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd <bjwei...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks, I'll use that next time!

-ilan

Simply Fred

May 26, 2011, 5:05:44 AM5/26/11

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
> You should have just told him that you reject doping
> products, as eating whale meat gives you superhuman
> abilities anyway.

Not to mention the sealburgers you make from clubbing baby seals in Canada.

Simply Fred

May 26, 2011, 5:08:18 AM5/26/11

Anton Berlin wrote:
> We don't know what the fuck we're talking about either.

We are alleged to be a collection of fucktards, fuckwits and a lucky few
asshats who are first in line to get their cheques from Fabio.

T. Miller

May 26, 2011, 5:37:01 AM5/26/11
On May 13, 1:24 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

And as a year around lurker let me say thanks to the rbr regulars that
make this newsgroup worth reading.

SandpointGuy

May 26, 2011, 4:28:58 PM5/26/11
On May 13, 8:43 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You know, this isnt a bad idea. Or maybe say its staged (pardon the
pun) like the moon landing, and do the conspiracy thing. With the
terrible year he is having, maybe Andy Schleck will buy into it :-)