Mike Friedman to Vaughters: Suck it, Bro

DA74

Jun 9, 2010, 6:56:47 PM6/9/10
From CyclingNews.com:

However, there were other aspects of his previous team which Friedman
is glad to put behind him.

"Riding for Garmin I was basically on house arrest in Girona. If you
go for a beer, everybody knows 'Oh my god, Friedman's drinking a
beer'. It's like being babysat.

"Other riders that I looked up to, or management, never gave me
positive affirmation, or took me under their wing and gave me positive
feedback. I would get a meagre thank you for being a super-domestique.

"I would do everything that I was asked and do it selflessly, giving
everything I had, even if I didn't finish a race. And then I find out
that I can't get a job after because I have no results to stay with
Garmin or any other team in Europe or the US. Jelly Belly was the only
team that actually offered me a contract."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/friedman-finds-a-home-at-jelly-belly

-DA74

derf...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2010, 10:05:33 PM6/9/10
um, I think it's more like, Vaughters to Friedman: you suck, bro.

A. Dumas Fred

Jun 10, 2010, 5:13:50 AM6/10/10
DA74 wrote:
> "I would get a meagre thank you for being a super-domestique."

Of course, he was no super-domestique.

Amit Ghosh

Jun 12, 2010, 11:59:22 AM6/12/10
On Jun 9, 6:56 pm, DA74 <davidasto...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Other riders that I looked up to, or management, never gave me
> positive affirmation, or took me under their wing and gave me positive
> feedback. I would get a meagre thank you for being a super-domestique.
>
> "I would do everything that I was asked and do it selflessly, giving
> everything I had, even if I didn't finish a race. And then I find out
> that I can't get a job after because I have no results to stay with
> Garmin or any other team in Europe or the US. Jelly Belly was the only
> team that actually offered me a contract."

he's was also the only protour rider built like gary coleman.