time to shut down rbr?

1 view

Cicero Venatio

Jul 8, 2010, 7:34:33 AM7/8/10
When I saw the silhouette of Lance alone in the dust cloud on the dirt
stage, it kind of dawned on me that this is also the end of rbr.
Without Lance there is no rbr. We had a good run, but it's time for all
of us to move on, to bigger and better things. Kind of like when we
moved on from Radio Shack years ago.

B. Lafferty

Jul 8, 2010, 7:46:32 AM7/8/10

LOL. rbr will survive without Lance. It may even be a better
place--then again, maybe not. :-)

Davey Crockett

Jul 8, 2010, 8:13:24 AM7/8/10
Cicero Venatio a écrit profondement:

RBR existed before lance

It will exist after lamce too and probably be a better place.

--
White Trash gets 90 Days
Hollywood actor Lindsay Lohan has been sentenced to 90 days in jail for

bar

Jul 8, 2010, 9:07:44 AM7/8/10

i don't worry about a post-LANCE rbr. what i'm worried about is a post-
magilla rbr? where the fuck is the monkey, bro(s)?

drmofe

Jul 8, 2010, 9:10:58 AM7/8/10
On Jul 9, 12:13 am, Davey Crockett <r...@azurservers.com> wrote:
> Cicero Venatio a écrit profondement:
>
> | When I saw the silhouette of Lance alone in the dust cloud on the dirt
> | stage, it kind of dawned on me that this is also the end of
> | rbr. Without Lance there is no rbr.  We had a good run, but it's time
> | for all of us to move on, to bigger and better things.  Kind of like
> | when we moved on from Radio Shack years ago.
>
> RBR existed before lance
>
> It will exist after lamce too and probably be a better place.

RBR before Lance was 1992. That's a LONG time ago, I can barely
remember.
We used to scrape racing results from Euro newspapers. You know the
etiquette for posting the podium in the header? That came from that
time, because generally that was as much information as we had.
This is going back so far, that h squared was just h.
Fred Gringioni was still Henry Chang.
Ken Papai was a noob.
EPO still stood for "Evening Primrose Oil"
Shimano made 5-speed freehubs.
Carbon fibre cost more than gold, by weight.
There was a war in Iraq that involved the US.
There was a war in Afghanistan that didn't.
The only electric thing on a racing bicycle was Mavic Zap.

Before Magilla? Before Ronde Champ? You want to go back to that
cold, dark place?

B. Lafferty

Jul 8, 2010, 9:49:50 AM7/8/10
What was the guy's name at Vanderbilt University who did the email news
service?

Brad Anders

Jul 8, 2010, 12:47:22 PM7/8/10

I agree, as of today, r.b.r is shut down. Cicero, there's no need for
you to come back here to check, we'll all be gone by the end of the
day. I'm sure you'll have no trouble taking your great insights over
to a more appropriate forum, for example, Yahoo! comments.

later,

Brad Anders

Fred Flintstein

Jul 8, 2010, 1:03:23 PM7/8/10
On 7/8/2010 8:49 AM, B. Lafferty wrote:
> What was the guy's name at Vanderbilt University who did the email news
> service?

Jim 'Major Taylor' Pailin, Major Taylor's News & Results.

Fred Flintstein

Fred Flintstein

Jul 9, 2010, 11:53:56 AM7/9/10

Has anybody noticed that the volume of off-topic posts has
dropped off to the lowest levels in recent memory? All it
took was for a couple of people to move on.

I realize you're just trolling here. But I see that as a
big improvement.

Fred Flintstein

Uncle Dave

Jul 9, 2010, 12:49:47 PM7/9/10
On Jul 8, 1:13 pm, Davey Crockett <r...@azurservers.com> wrote:
> Cicero Venatio a écrit profondement:
>
> | When I saw the silhouette of Lance alone in the dust cloud on the dirt
> | stage, it kind of dawned on me that this is also the end of
> | rbr. Without Lance there is no rbr.  We had a good run, but it's time
> | for all of us to move on, to bigger and better things.  Kind of like
> | when we moved on from Radio Shack years ago.
>
> RBR existed before lance
>
> It will exist after lamce too and probably be a better place.

Yes, hopefully all the yanks will piss off again :-))

UD

Fred Gringioni

Jul 9, 2010, 3:31:26 PM7/9/10

"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

: On 7/8/2010 7:34 AM, Cicero Venatio wrote:
: > When I saw the silhouette of Lance alone in the dust cloud on the dirt
: > stage, it kind of dawned on me that this is also the end of rbr. Without
: > Lance there is no rbr. We had a good run, but it's time for all of us to
: > move on, to bigger and better things. Kind of like when we moved on from
: > Radio Shack years ago.
:
: LOL. rbr will survive without Lance.

Dumbass -

When LANCE goes away, you go away.

Hopefully the two of you would go away again.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.